Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Before the Music: Frerard

by PatbtrthnPete

Frerard I own nothing

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-11-17 - Updated: 2010-11-17 - 4244 words

?Blocked
I finally have internet again AND SPELLCHECK! I’m finally back and, oh, how I missed it! Here’s a MCR fic for you I hope you enjoy!!!!

I sigh and inhale the smoke and exhale the stress. I can see my breath in the cold air as I stare up at the stars. My black hair drapes in front of my face, and I shake it away to take another drag. I hear the door open. FUCK! I throw down the cigarette and step on it. Mikey tilts his head.

“Are you smoking?”

I blow out the smoke “Nope.”

He walks over to me and hands me my jacket “You’re going to freeze! I knew you were smoking!”

I shrug “Fine I smoke.”

“How long?”

“Hmm…” I look up in thought “A couple years now.”

“How have you been hiding it?”

I throw out my arms “Like this.”

“Oh. Mom could easily see you!”

“Yes, but she is a heavy sleeper. My only concern was you!” I poke his chest.

“I’m not gonna tell mom, if that’s what you’re worried about!”

“You better not.”

“One condition.”

I sigh “What do you want Mikey?”

“A drag.”

I shake my head “No. No. No. No! If mom caught me I’d be dead, but if she found out I let you do it? She’d kill me and bring me back until she died herself! I refuse.”

HE shrugs “Fine.”

I sigh “Mikey it’s not that great. And it is addicting. And when you’re addicted it takes a whole lot of your money.”

“Please? I’ll never smoke again!”

“That’s what I said to Frank!” I cover my mouth “You do not know about that, understand?”

He nods “One drag.”

I sigh and open the pack. I put a cigarette between my lips and flick my lighter on. I breathe in to light it and exhale the smoke.

“Mikey if I see you with a cigarette after this, I will kill you myself.”

He nods.

I hold the cigarette up to his lips and watch him inhale. He coughs loudly.

“Shhh! You idiot!” I pull him away from the house.

He coughs more and I grab the inhaler form his pocket. He uses it and shakes his head.

“Fuck that. My asthma is bad enough!”

I nod “Please don’t tell Frank I told you about that…”

He nods “I wont bro, chill out.”

I nod remembering my first drag.



I watch Frank put the cigarette to his lips and inhale the smoke. I crinkle my nose in disgust. He exhales and raises an eyebrow.

“How can you stand them?”

He shrugs “I can’t explain it but it feels like I need it.”

I nod “Can I have a drag, just to see.” Just to be near your lips.

He shakes his head “No Gee.”

“But I’m older than you! You can’t tell me what not to do!”

“True but I can refuse to give you a drag of my cigarette.”

“Or you could let me have a drag and be the one to teach me a lesson.”

“You’re not gonna quit are you?”

I shake my head “Nope.”

He sighs “Fine.”

He holds out the cigarette in between his middle and index fingers. I lean close and inhale deeply. I almost instantly cough. He pats my back and hands me his drink.

After I’ve stopped coughing he frowns “Gee please don’t start smoking.”

“I wont.”



“Come one Gee, let’s go inside its cold.”

I nod and take another drag and put it out on my shoe “Alright.”

We sneak inside and say good night as we part ways to go to our rooms. I sit on my bed and look at a picture of Frank and I hugging. I smile and text him.

“U UP?”

“Duh. Insomnia.”

“I cant sleep.”

“Me either. And im so damn bored.”

“Ditto. Hey frank?”

“Yea?”

“Im sorry I started smoking…”

“sigh.”

“=(“

“Its ok. I just wish I would have used my better judgment instead of giving in to those puppy eyes of yours.”

“Sorry…”

“Its k. I’m thinking about quitting.”

“=) yay.”

“I want you to quit with me…”

I bite my lip and text “Ok. After this pack?”

“I had the same thought. Hey since we can’t sleep, wanna hang out?”

“Yes!” So much.

“Sweet let me get dressed and I’ll come get you.”

“Sweet. I’m gonna get dressed too.”

“I’d hope so, its awfully cold.”

“I know. Mikey caught me smoking =(“

“Wow. We gotta talk when I get u. Love ya!”

“U2.” So much.


I change into tight black jeans and a black Tee with Jack Skellington on the front. I put on my Hoodie and brush my hair. I put on my eyeliner and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Mikey walks in as I’m grabbing the mouthwash.

“Going to hang out with your boyfriend?”

I roll my eyes “I don’t have a boyfriend and will you shut the fuck up?”

“One day, you’re gonna get caught…”

“Yeah probably, but I can’t sleep and I want to hang out with Frankie.”

He rolls his eyes “You know you love him.”

I sigh, “I never denied it. Yes, I’m madly in love with him but if a friendship is all he wants then that’s what he’s going to fucking get! I’m not messing that up!”

Mikey rolls his eyes “You’re phone is going off.”

I reach into my pocket and read the text.

“Here.”

I grin and check my reflection, while gurgling the mouthwash. I spit it out and realize that I’ve forgotten shoes.

Mikey sighs, “I’ll go tell him you’re coming.”

“Thanks!”

I quickly tie up my converses and check my reflection once more. I walk outside and run to his car. Mikey is talking to him through the driver side window.

“Alright well you guys have fun, I’m going to bed.” Mikey yawns.

“Bye!” Frank drives to taco bell and looks over at me “Don’t even pretend you aren’t hungry.”

I nod. The one downside to hanging out with Frank is that he knows I don’t like to eat. So he makes me. But its alright, it’ll be the first time I’ve eaten in three days, not that I’ll tell him that.

“What do you want?”

I shrug.

“Gerard Arthur Way, if you don’t tell me-“

“Two soft tacos no lettuce.”

“I didn’t even finish my threat.”

I nod “I didn’t want you to.”

“I was gonna say refuse to hug you for a week but, ok…”

I shrug.

He orders our food and we go to the abandoned apartment buildings and park. As we eat, I’m sneaking glances at him. I’m older, so I should be more confident right? Well it doesn’t always work that way. I’m 19, still live with my mother and haven’t come out to her yet. The only people that know are Mikey, Frank and Ray. And they don’t seem to mind. Frank is also gay and I wonder about Mikey and Ray sometimes. After I finish I look over at Frank.

“Thanks.”

He nods, chewing, and gives me a thumbs up.

He finishes “So, what do you want to do?”

“Now I’m sleepy.” I frown.

“Wanna go back to your house and watch a movie? I’ll just tell your mom I wasn’t getting along with my parents, true story.”

I nod “That works.”

He smiles at me and takes out a cigarette. I reach for mine.

“It’s our lasts ones we might as well share them.”

I blush, glad for the night and nod.

He hands me the cigarette and lighter and starts the car. I light it and inhale. Frank bites his lip and continues to drive. I hold it out for him and he takes it between his fingers and takes a drag as he drives. I notice that he’s taking the long route to my house, not that I mind. We pass it back and forth until it is gone. I put it out and look over at him.

“Frank?”

“Hmm?”

I lean on his shoulder “I love you.”

“Love you too Gee.”

I smile, though the words break my heart. I wish very much that he meant it the same way.

We arrive to my house and walk in.

“Back so soon?” Mikey observes from the couch.

I roll my eyes “You have got to stop doing that! And who are you, my mother?”

“No but I’m trying to make sure you got home.”

“Well here I am. And I’m going to bed night Michael.”

“Night Gerard.”

Frank and I go into my room. I take off my hoodie and pants, as does he. We climb into my bed and I press play so we can watch whatever is in. It is The Corpse Bride. We are turned on our sides, looking at each other. The movie is simply background noise. He pushes my bangs out of my face. I blush and smile.

“Gerard?”

“Frank?”

“You’re the best friend I’ve ever had.”

I smile “You too.”

Kiss me. Kiss me. Kiss me. Kiss me. PLEASE KISS ME!

He kisses the tip of my nose making me giggle.

“Night Gee.”

“Night Frankie.”

He wraps his arms around me and closes his eyes. I too give in to sleep.


“Gerard what is Frank’s car doing- oh hello Frank!” Mom walks into the room.

“Hey Mrs. Way.” He mumbles “I had a fight with my parents and couldn’t stay there I’m sorry I didn’t ask but it was so late-“

“Now none of that, you know you’re always welcome here sweetie.”

I rub my eyes and realize that Frank’s arms are around my waist.

“Anyways, I’m making breakfast, wake up.”

“Hmm….Coffee?” I mumble.

“Yes Gerard. Coffee. Now, get up.”

Frank’s chest is against my back and his chin is on my shoulder, so I can feel his breath on my neck. Oh god. He squeezes my waist and kisses my shoulder.

“Morning.”

“Not until I have my coffee it isn’t.”

He nods “Me too.”

“You gotta let me up so I can get coffee.”

Frank holds me tighter “No.”

“But Frankie I gotta piss!”

“So.”

I look back at him “You jerk let me go!”

He shakes his head and bites my shoulder. I gasp and try to squirm out of his grip.

“Let go Frank!”

He sighs and releases me. I run to the bathroom to piss. I finish and wash my hands. I walk zombie-like into the kitchen.

“Coffee!” I mumble.

Frank hands me a cup “Here.”

I grin “COFFEE!” and gulp the whole cup down “More?”

Frank shakes his head and laughs “Why don’t you let everyone else get some before you drink it all.”

I frown but nod.

Mikey drinks his slowly.

I stare at him “Coffee.”

“No. Gerard you have to wait.”

I continue my creepy stare and tilt my head.

Frank snatches my cup and pours coffee into it “YAY COFFEE LOVE YOU FRANKIE!” I down it like a shot.

Mom shakes her head and starts another pot “You’re gonna have to start buying coffee Gerard.”

I frown “Ok.”

Frank looks down and grins “Love the boxers.”

I look down and see that I’m wearing my Batman boxers “I KNOW RIGHT!”

“Gerard, pants please.” Mom says flipping the pancakes.

I nod “Okie Dokie!”

I walk to my room and reach into my drawers and grab a fresh pair of pants, boxers and a Tee. I Lift my shirt over my head and pull down my boxers. I grab my pinstriped boxers and Put my feet in. I turn as I’m pulling them up and see Frank. I blush and pull them up quickly.

“F-Frank!”

“Sorry I um… didn’t think you started getting dressed yet.”

I pull the shirt over my head and pull on my skinny jeans. He is still staring at me and I am still blushing.

“I uh… can I borrow some clothes?”

I nod and go through my clothes and hand him a shirt and pants that I think will fit him, though they’ll probably still be too big. His warm hand touches mine as I hand him the clothes. I blush.

“Wow Gee, you’re hands are really cold!”

I nod “Poor circulation…”

He frowns and sets the clothes on the bed “Give me your hands.”

I nod and hold them out. He holds my hands in his, warming mine up. I blush and try to hide my smile. He looks up into my eyes as he holds onto my hands. I look back into his and melt in his hazel gaze. I bite my lip, still holding his eyes. He smiles and kisses my now-warm hand. I smile back as he kisses my other hand. He releases me.

“There ya go, all better.”

I just nod. I have so many ways to respond but none that I am willing to share.

He closes my door “I gotta get dressed.”

I nod and go towards the door “Yeah um ok.”

“Gee?”

“Yeah?” I shuffle my feet.

“Sorry about walking in on you.”

I blush “I should’ve closed the door, it’s not your fault…”

He smiles “Well here, I’ll make it even.”

Oh my god Frank you better not!

He pulls up his shirt, revealing his tattooed skin. I bite my lip as he slides down his boxers. I close my eyes tight.

“Frank its ok! We don’t have to be even!”

Just take a peak!
No! Then I’ll jump on top of the poor boy!


“You can open your eyes I’m dressed.” He says coldly.

I raise an eyebrow “You ok?”

He nods “Yeah… Let’s go eat…”

I frown and nod.

Did I do something wrong?

As we’re eating breakfast, there’s a knock on the door.

“Come in Ray!” we all yell.

He opens the door and sits down “Hey!”

Mom hands him his plate “Good morning Ray.”

“Morning Mrs. Way.”

Frank bursts into a fit of giggles, and we stare at him. He shakes his head and begins to cough.

Mom sighs “If you didn’t smoke you wouldn’t have that problem.”

He shrugs “I’m quitting. And if Mikey and Ray ever got married, Ray would be Ray Way!”

I burst into a similar giggle fit, resulting in glares from Ray and Mikey.

“Wait. Wait. Why would I be the girl?” Ray frowns “He wears eyeliner!”

I giggle more “True, but it just sounds funny!”

Mikey rolls his eyes “Then out if you two dated who would be the girl? You both wear eyeliner!”

Frank nods “Hmm. Good question. I’d have to say Gee would be the girl, cause he’s so skinny. And he giggles a lot.”

I frown “You giggle too!”

He smiles “See? Sooo the woman here!”

I blush and glare at him.

Ray rolls his eyes “Hey, my parents said I can have you guys spend the night tonight, you wanna?”

Mikey nods, eagerly.

I shrug.

Frank shrugs “Sure, why not?”

Ray looks over at mom “I know that Frank’s parents couldn’t care less, but as you do care about Mikey and Gerard, is it ok with you?”

Mom smiles “Yes. And I don’t appreciate you calling both of my boys girls.”

I smile and tuck my bangs behind my ear.

“Never mind. Point taken.” She smiles

My eyes widen “Mom! You’re supposed to be on my side!”

Frank and Ray high-five and laugh.

I pout and fold my arms.

“Gerard, eat your breakfast.” Mom examines my barely touched food.

“Too early to eat.” I whine.

Frank glares over at me “Try to eat.”

I sigh and pick up my fork, mentally flipping Frank off.



I gather clothes for Ray’s house and Mikey walks in. I ignore him and grab my CDs and throw them on my pile of clothes. I look at my pack of cigarettes and only see five more. I sigh and shove the pack into my pocket and check to make sure I haven’t forgotten anything.

“Gerard?”

I roll my eyes “What Mikey?”

“I haven’t been paying attention until now but… have you stopped eating?”

I sigh “No Mikey. I ate breakfast, and Taco Bell last night!”

“Because Frank made you.” He frowns “I’m really worried.”

I walk over to him and hold his shoulders, looking into his eyes “I’m fine. Don’t worry about me; you’re wasting your time. I don’t eat much but I do eat. I smoke, but I’m quitting after these last five are gone. I’m madly in love with Frank, but I can live with being just his friend. So please stop freaking out. I’m ok.”

He sighs, “I do worry. All the time.”

I roll my eyes “Well stop! I’m ok!”

I’m not ok…

He frowns “Please be careful…”

I shrug “Fine. Now go get ready, Frank should be here any minute to take us to Ray’s.”

He nods and walks out the door, only to return “And I know you aren’t ok with just being his friend.” He walks back out.

I grit my teeth and flip off the doorway.

“Fuck you too!” I hear Frank.

I look up and see him and blush “Hey. I was flipping Mikey off…”

He nods “You moving in with Ray?”

I smile “Not hardly.”

He walks over to me and pulls me into a tight hug. I hug back with a frown.

“You ok Frankie?”

He shakes his head “No.”

I rub his back “What’s wrong honey?”

“M-Mom and Jeff got into it again. She has a black eye!”

I frown and kiss his cheek “I wish I could tell you that everything is gonna be ok, but I don’t know that. But I do know that if it isn’t, I will always be here for you to cry on.”

He looks up at me, tears streaking his face “I love you Gee.”

“I love you too Frankie.”

He smiles and kisses my cheek. I blush and smile. After he’s calmed down and Mikey and I get our things together, we go out to his car. I sit shotgun. Mikey and I used to have issues with who sat shotgun but once he figured out that I like Frank, he backed off. Frank hands me his cigarette pack.

“How many are there, I’m scared to look?”

I open it and frown “Four. Wait one sec!” I pull out my pack and take my five and put them into his “Nine!”

He smiles “Light one?”

I nod, overjoyed that he is also craving a cigarette. I light it and take a few drags, then pass it on to him. Mikey rolls his eyes and makes kiss faces at me in the mirror. I reach back and punch his arm. He frowns and flips me off. I take a drag and retaliate with sticking up both of my middle fingers. He rolls his eyes. I hand Frank the cigarette and blow out the smoke. He takes a drag and stops at the red light. He quickly blows out the smoke and holds out the cigarette.

“Grab it!”

We pull up beside a cop and I take a drag from the cigarette. He raises and eyebrow. The light turns green and he pulls up behind us.

“FUCK!” Frank yells, “He saw me!”

“Calm down Frank, he saw me, and I don’t look over 18 either.”

The cop puts on his blue lights.

Frank’s eyes water “Fuck!”

I kiss his cheek “Calm down and roll down your window.”

He nods and rolls it down.

“Good evening boys.”

“Good evening sir!” I reply

“Young man, I see that you were smoking and you don’t look over 18, can I see an id?”

I nod “Yes sir.” I grab my wallet and pull out my id.

He looks it over, “You boys have a good night.”

I nod “You too!”

He nods and goes to his car.

I look over at Frank “Breath honey.”

He nods “That was scary.”

I nod “Now let’s go to Ray’s, can you drive Frankie?”

He shakes his head “I don’t think so.”

“Switch me spots, it’s ok honey.”

He nods and we trade seats. Now, I do have a license but I do not have a car. And I’d rather not drive, but I can when necessary. I adjust the seat and rearview mirror and drive to Ray’s. I pull into the driveway and put the car in park. Mikey jumps out before I can even take off my seatbelt.

“You alright?” I ask Frank.

He shrugs “I am not it just freaked me out.”

I nod and hug him.

“Thanks for driving, I know you don’t like to.”

“Your welcome Frankie.”


We walk into Ray’s house. And nearly bump into his parents.

“Oops!” his mother smiles “Almost ran into you!”

I smile “You guys have fun!”

“You too!”

They leave and we walk into the living room. Ray and Mikey are standing up, in front of the television, staring at each other. I look over at Frank who shrugs. Ray shifts his weight and Mikey pushes up his glasses. Ray leans close and blows onto Mikey’s face. Mikey blinks and hits Ray.

“That’s cheating!”

Ray smiles “You’re just mad cause you can’t win.”

I roll my eyes and look at Frank “Staring contests are stupid.”

He stares into my eyes “But can you beat me?”

I grin “Oh yeah.”

He grins back “Better not blink Gee.”

I smile “Childs play.”

He leans close “You sure?”

I lean closer “Positive.”

He licks his lips and grins, “I know what’ll make you lose.”

I snort “Yeah, what’s that?”

He leans closer and whispers “This.”

Before I can comprehend what his next action might be, his lips are pressed against mine. My eyes flutter shut and he pulls away.

He punches the air in triumph “Victory!”

I touch where his lips one were and my mind goes completely blank. Mikey walks over to me and pulls me to the couch to sit down. My fingers still haven’t left my lips. I blink and pull my legs up to my chest as my eyes water. I let out a sob. Why, why, WHY? Why do I have to cry like a baby?

“Gee, what’s wrong?”

I continue to sob. As Mikey rubs my back, knowing my problem.

“Mikey what’s-“

“Frank isn’t it obvious, he likes you!”

I look up and glare at Mikey.

Mikey turns pale “I didn’t mean to-“

I shove him off the arm of the couch and run outside, forgetting how cold it is. I run for blocks until I can’t breath, then I slow down to walking, tears steadily streaming down my face. I hear a car behind me.

“Gerard!” Frank yells.

I continue to walk.

He stops the car and runs out to me. I begin to run, but he is faster. He grabs my arm and gasps.

“Gee, you’re freezing, come on, let’s go back to Ray’s.”

I shake my head.

“Yes. Now come on!”

I snatch my arm away “I don’t want to go to Ray’s, I’m going home!”

He frowns “Gerard… I love you.”

I shake my head, as more tears pour out of my eyes “Please don’t say it! You love me, but you aren’t in love with me? I get it, ok!”

He frowns “No, I am in love with you. Since I met you.”

I shake my head “Don’t lie to me!”

He pulls me into a hug “Gee… why would I lie about something like that?”

My legs give out and I fall to the ground “I don’t know!” I sob.

He helps me back up and takes off his hoodie “Put this on, and we’ll talk in the car.”

I nod and slip the hoodie on.

We get in and he turns up the heater.

“Gerard I love you. So much. I was afraid that you didn’t love me! I wanted to see how you’d react to me kissing you, crying was not the reaction I hoped for! I thought you hated me! So, though Mikey shouldn’t have told me I’m glad he did because now I know.”

I look over at him “I love you Frank.” My eyes water “So much, and for so long.”

He smiles and holds his hand out for mine.

I put my cold hand in his warm hand and smile.

This is how it’s supposed to be.

Okie Dokie. I was thinking about making this a oneshot but… I think I want to add more, what do you guys think??? I think we should at least see if they can keep to not smoking!
Sign up to rate and review this story