Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Unchained Melody

The Woman on the Third Floor

by StopThePress

How the hell did my slippers end up here?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2011-01-05 - Updated: 2011-01-06 - 2467 words

?Blocked
I am so sorry I haven't updated in so long! I went to Connecticut for New Years Eve and I was urged not to bring my laptop. Then, I started school this week, so I'm still working on some things for school. But 'd like to take this time and thank all of you that Review this story every time I post! Thank you guys so much!

TheSoundNA, this is for you, girl! You're the best fo' realz!
Hope you enjoy guys!





We lie there in a thin layer of sweat. The only thing that remotely covered us was the coolness of the sheets and Kelly green comforter. She turned to me on her side. Her nude figure beautifully glistening in the dull lamp light. Her elbow supporting her head and upper torso on her pillow. I lie flat on my back admiring her body. She didn't look a day over twenty and it was hard to believe that she naturally had two children. She was sweet, kind, honest as hell and never the type hold anything she had to say back. She was everything I wanted to be, and she was everything I needed in life.

"So...do you think they heard us this time?" She whispered. Giggling, she played her small fingers into mine. Her smirk grew wider. Her soft breath tickled the small hairs inside of my ear.

"Not with their sleeping habits. Plus, their rooms are further away now." She bit her lip lightly running her finger tips along my forearm.

"Yes, but now we echo." She winked. Kissing me roughly on the cheek. A few hours ago, I'd discovered that our family of four, was soon becoming a family of five. I noticed how her face glowed and her smile rarely faded. I didn't know why I couldn't predict it before. The spit-fire temper and the over-excitement to move were tale-tell signs that she was with child.

"Have you told the girls yet?" Lightly, I put my hand on her stomach that wasn't budding yet. Usually she would really start showing at five months.

"They were actually the first I told." She giggled. "I found out yesterday, so I wasn't keeping this from you for long. I just wanted to tell you when the time was right." She exhaled deeply. Placing her hand onto mine.

"That was perfect timing. How far along are you?" She pushed thin strands of hair out of my eyes. Her bangs were spread carelessly across her forehead.

"Six weeks. I have to go to the Pharmacy tomorrow and pick up my prescription of Prenatal Vitamins." Briefly, I thought back on the last time we were having a baby. It was Erica, and quite frankly, it was fairly easy. I vividly remembered attending classes with Felicia to prepare her for the birth. As if that really works. She miscarried a few months back and we were both afraid that we wouldn't be able to have anymore children. Her 'Lady Doctor' said it would be a slight chance that she couldn't carry anymore. I hoped to any and every God that might have been watching, that she would go full-term.

I smiled to her. My arm snaking from her flat stomach to her hip.

"What do you think it's going to be?" Personally, I just wanted a healthy baby with eight fingers, ten toes and two opposing thumbs, of course. But I knew she wanted a boy.

"A little boy." Her eyes glazed over with hope.

"What will you name him?" I scooted closer to her. Our warmed flesh made contact and sent a small frenzy of goosebumps down my spine.

She thought for a moment and then shrugged.

"I don't know. I'll find out when he gets here." She was more than certain she was having a boy. Though, when it came to guessing the gender of our children before the ultrasound, she was always wrong. So far we would have had two boys, if it was left up to her to guess.

"You know, ten years ago I would have never thought I'd have three kids by twenty-six." She shook her head.

"Me neither." But I was the happiest I'd ever been. Even in the times we struggled financially or in the saddest times of our marriage, I was still so happy. I couldn't have gone through this with anyone else.

"But I've never been happier, honestly." Her smiled lit up the dim room.

"Me too." She lie down resting her head on my chest, snaking her right arm across my torso. "And we've been through a lot of shit together." I nodded my head slowly. Her embrace tightened a little.

"But I can't see going through anything with anyone else." Softly her lips touched mine. I turned over to see the digital time on the iHome read two-oh-three AM. I sighed, not realizing it had been so late.

"Not even Meghan Fox?" She paused. Without hesitation, I replied.

"Not even Meghan Fox." I assured her.

"Thank you, baby." I returned the kiss. Pulling the lamp string once. We were soaked in complete darkness. Our eyes adjusted as the room grew a tad lighter with the light of the moon shining through the window.

"We should get to sleep. We've got a long day tomorrow." She made herself comfortable, moving in a more sleep capable position.

"Agreed. Night. I love you."

"I love you too." She murmured something faintly afterward. My eyelids began to weigh themselves down. "Gee?"

"Yeah, Leesh?"

"Do you think he'll come back?" I thought for a moment. Honestly, I couldn't answer for him. In all actuality, once they come, they never leave. Usually they're stuck for a reason.

A reason, I thought.

"Even when I can't see him, he's always around." She lied her worried body to rest.


I awoke to the charming sound of our new doorbell. Then I noticed that it was the doorbell and someone was at the door. My body ached of sleepiness and I knew that I only had about six hours of sleep. I hated Sundays. People got up too early and thought that it was safe to take the initiative and wake other people too.

"Baby, could you get the door?" She cooed in her sleep. Her eyelids still shut tightly.

"Mhm." Yawning, I slipped out of the covers and pulled on a clean pair of briefs, plaid pajama bottoms and a white crew-neck t-shirt. I opened the door slowly. Shutting it lightly, I continued down the hall quietly. From the crack in Erica's door, I could tell she was still sleeping. Going passed Gia's room to get to the stairs, she was laying comfortable on the floor wrapped in her comforter. I smiled.

Making my way downstairs, I looked through the peephole of the front door. I was a face I hadn't recognized. Wearily unlocking the door and pulling it open. A man stood there nervously. He was a little on the plump-side. His round dome of a head was covered by two-thirds of hair. One-third was missing in the middle of his head. His sheepish blue eyes darted nervously, his mouth scrunched up in a tight manner. He wore a cadet blue wind breaker and khaki pants. His thick fingers tapped against his leg nervously.

"Good morning?" I spoke. His eyes went wide and I was almost certain that he was going to run, but he didn't.

"H-Hi. How are you? I'm Doug Tiller," His soft voice quivered as he stood on the porch. "Arlene Tiller's husband."

"Oh..." It was almost as if he didn't want to give away the fact that he had been married to her. Frankly, I wouldn't either.

"Yeah. I just wanted to apologize for what happened yesterday. She had no right to say what she said to you guys." His vocal chords shook nervously. "Sometimes she doesn't think before she speaks. I'm sorry she couldn't be here to apologize directly. She was afraid your wife might beat the crap out of her." He laughed nervously. The lack of eye contact through this conversation made it more awkward than necessary.

"Well, Felicia's sleeping right now so I'll tell her you came by, and I'm sure she'll accept your apology." I stated quickly trying my hardest to go back to bed before the girls awoke. I knew it would be rude just to shut the door in his face before he replied, but for the sake of sleep...

"Okay. Well, I'll let you go on about your lovely day." He smiled turning around and started to go down the porch steps.

"And back to sleep..." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" He turned back around to the door.

"Oh, I didn't say anything..." He thought for a moment paused and said...

"Must be old age." He went on his merry way back across the street. I wished their could be a "Do Not Disturb" sign for front doors of people's houses. Apparently they didn't.

Shutting the door and locking it, I noticed how cold my feet had gotten. With every press they made to the cold, smooth hardwood floors, I realized that I should have put a pair of slippers on.

I made my way upstairs and back into the bedroom. I noticed that Felicia hadn't been in the bed anymore. I heard the shower taps running , walking into the bathroom. The mist slowly escaped from the fogged bathroom. Through the frosted glass doors, I saw her disfigured image lathering in the shower. Slowly I opened the door.

"Morning!" She sang, placing a small kiss on my lips before she continued bathing.

"Morning, you two." I smiled against her lips once more. Rubbing her flat stomach.

"Who was at the door?" I froze before I spoke, standing right outside of the shower.

"Arlene Tiller's husband stopped by to apologize." I let out in one breath.

"You're shitting me, right?" She began to stand under the shower, running her hands over her soaked body.

"No. Not at all. Apparently, she told him to come over and apologize because she thought you'd kill her." She snorted. "He sounded a little embarrassed to introduce himself as her husband." She gave a loud cackle.

"I don't blame 'em! I bet that son of theirs tries hard not to let people know that she's his mother." I giggled lightly as a small silence passed through the room. "You know, it's funny. In all of the letters Danny sent me, he never mentioned him. And she says they were close." She sighed.

"Hm." She was right. In all the times Danny had come home, he never spoke of any Tillers. Maybe he'd forgotten? "By the way babe, have you seen my slippers? I couldn't find them in the closet and they're not under the bed." She pulled the sliding glass door open to reveal her soap clad body.

"I think the box with you slippers was sent to the third floor." She slid the door shut and continued washing.

"Okay. Thanks." On my way to the attic, I passed the kid's room again. Gia was still on the floor. Her body was contorted comfortably within the thick blankets and small snores were let out between her lips. I headed around the corner and to the dark, cherry wood railing up to the third story of our home. It wasn't constructed like an attic. It had it's own hallway and three bedrooms. One of the bedrooms was set up to be Daniel's room. All of his things from when he was a child, to when he was a teenager and his Army badges and uniforms were going in the room.

Walking passed, I felt a presence. My cold feet came to a stop when I heard incoherent chanting coming from his room. I stuck my ear closer to the door. I heard soft crying, but it wasn't a man. Not even that of a child. I turned the nob slowly to open the door. Before me was an empty room. A small box sat in the middle with a pair of gray wool slippers hanging out of them. Slowly, with the door still wide open, I crept toward the box. Quickening my pace getting closer I grabbed them. Almost readying myself for something eerie or suspenseful to happen.

Nothing.

I grabbed the pair of slippers and checked around the box for any black marker writing. It wasn't marked or labeled to any room in the house.

I began to look through it hastily. The vague lace patterns and dark cloth filled the box. I fingered through it carefully, not recognizing the black t-shirt as Felicia's, I threw it to the side. My hands lingered forward to the deep purple lace. Carefully picking it up to the light of the window, I saw that they were ripped undergarments. Hastily throwing them aside, I stepped back in horror seeing a pair of blood covered jeans in the box.

I looked to my hands, they were soaked in red. My heart dropped stories as I was frozen in the moment. I held them out in front of me in amazement. I looked up to the window, only to have my view blocked by a woman. My heart finally stopped. She was about twenty, with medium blond hair that was soaked and a slinky stature. Her eyes were ice cold and the blue of her irises were fogged over. Stab wounds and bold, purple bruises coated her bare body. Her fingernails were broken off, leaving her thin, bloody fingertips.

Our eyes met. Her mouth gaped open slightly. Her teeth had been chipped and removed in some places.

My heart stopped.

Completely.

Her mangled fingers reached out to my shoulders.

"Don't let him in!" She hissed.

Taking her hands from my shoulders she looked to the door.

My heart started at a rapid pace again. I panted out of breath as Felicia came to the door.

"Did you find your slippers?" I just stared at her. She looked to my hand that held them. I was still staring blankly at her. "Gee?" Her bangs bounced perfectly in front of her eyes as her loose curls met her elbows.

"Yeah, I did. They were in this box." I caught my breath. My eyes wandered elsewhere in the room.

She was still there.

Felicia smiled not sensing a thing. A cold chill, an eerie feeling, nothing.

"Okay," She held on to the door nob and to the frame of the door. "We're going out for breakfast so you get dressed and I'll get the girls up."

Nod.

"Sure."

Smile.

Everything's fine.

Small laugh.

She leaves the room.

"Who?"

She was gone.

The doorbell rang.

"He's here..."

"Okay, you have to stop doing that!"

Frustration.
Sign up to rate and review this story