Categories > Books > Diana Wynne Jones

In Which Howl Invites a Guest

by Ralphiere

Howl's been slashed for the pure smut of it. Pretty much PWP, Howl and Aaron (please excuse the original character, but desperate times call for desperate measures).

Category: Diana Wynne Jones - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Erotica, Humor - Characters: Howl Jenkins - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-05-19 - Updated: 2006-05-19 - 2185 words - Complete

?Blocked
A/N: I don't own Howl, or his castle.

In Which Howl Invites a Guest


He was aware that he'd been acting strange lately, spending more and more time through the black door to Wales. He wasn't homesick for his native land, that wasn't it at all. Wales had stopped being his home years earlier and he had actually been increasingly uncomfortable there. Sure his sister treated him like a miscreant, but really even the air there felt unforgiving. For a long time he'd been in the land of Ingary, blackening his character, breaking hearts, and, well to be honest, avoiding responsibility. Not that he was malicious, not at all. He'd never set out to hurt anyone and contrary to popular belief he did have a conscience, feeling poorly after he ended each and every one of his conquests. It's just he had yet to find what he was looking for, and honestly was still a little unsure as to what that was.

Of course the blackening of his character had gotten a little out of hand. Sometimes he would overhear people discussing him and find himself uneasy, not wanting to be the person they were describing at all. He may have broken hearts, and occasionally a few spirits, but he had never stolen anyone's purity. Hell, some of them were almost handing it to him on a platter, more than willing to bed him for the slim chance that they might be the ones to keep him. All of this was becoming exhausting, and was never quite his thing to begin with.

As of late his life was becoming complicated and he was feeling increasingly edgy. His life was being sent into disarray so frequently over the past few months that he was starting to feel a bit unreal even in his own home. Sophie was a disgruntled whirlwind of creaking joints and cleaning and Michael was getting more and more distracted. Spells were backfiring left and right and Howl could see the boy was besotted, and frankly felt a bit jealous of the whimsical expression on his face. At night he kept finding himself with itchy feet, disappearing into Wales and walking the streets until dawn.

On the night of the Rugby Club Reunion, the club had met at The Bloody Griffin and Howl had ingested quite a few pints while reminiscing about his university days. That night he was introduced to a friend of a friend. In the month or so following his feet had led him repeatedly back to The Bloody Griffin and clear green eyes.

Tonight he could see how they were looking at him as he left the castle. He tried to appear nonchalant, but he could see the curiosity in their eyes. Michael opened his mouth to say something and Howl could see Sophie give her head a little shake and Michael snap his mouth shut again. 'Smart girl.' He thought as he turned the knob down to black and stepped through the door.

...

"Shhhh..." Howl admonished before finding himself giggling like a fool and leaning against the porch railing. His companion was sitting on the top stair and looking at him mischievously. "We need to be quiet, my ... grandmother's sleeping." Howl didn't notice the slur in his voice, but he could feel the pounding in his chest. He had never taken anyone back to his castle. /Never/. Everyone who currently resided here came on their own volition and he had just let them stay. This was completely unprecedented and it thrilled him as much as terrified him.

He hadn't realized he was just standing there dumbly with the knob in his hand until he felt a hand on top of his and looked up. His companion was standing next to him, smiling gently. "I won't make a peep, promise."

Howl let his gaze trail down the man in front of him, from the shoulder length auburn hair to his slim waist, remembering why he had wanted to take him home to begin with. Howl lowered his mouth and kissed him chastely on his lips before turning and opening the door. He stood there, peering into the darkness of the house, unmoving. He felt his companion rest his head between his shoulder blades, a whisper barely meeting his ear. "If we don't go in I may die on the stoop."

Howl smiled at the forlorn tone in his voice and took him by the hand. He gathered his resolve and stepped into the sleeping castle with his companion in tow. Leading them upstairs, as quietly as a man can that has ingested his fair share of pints, they made their way to Howl's room.

As soon as Howl had latched the door behind him, he turned and grinned almost wolfishly at the man standing before him. For weeks he'd been going to the pub, drinking pint after pint while he first tried to figure out how to approach, and then trying to figure out how to engage, this beautiful man.

"If you don't touch me soon I might die yet."

"Aaron ... " Howl breathed, stepping forward and stroking his fingers down the side of Aaron's face before bending down slightly and initiating a kiss. This wasn't the first time they'd kissed like this - having stolen moments in bathroom stalls and the alley behind the pub. But this kiss was entirely more fulfilling because it wouldn't end in frustration. No. They. Had. All. Night. Long.

"We're in no hurry." Howl admonished, nipping gently on Aaron's lower lip and willing him open once again. He toyed with the buttons on the front of Aaron's shirt before unbuttoning them slowly, taking his time revealing the smooth tanned expanse of his chest. "You're truly beautiful." He whispered in awe.

Aaron shook his head before lowering his eyes with a blush. "I'm plain compared to you."

Lifting Aaron's chin with the back of his thumb Howl brought their lips together again. "You're far from plain."

Howl had been with men before, but had spent such a long time wooing women in attempts to break an annoying curse. But now that he'd taken care of the Witch of the Wastes he was free to give his affections to those of his choosing. He'd spent the last month teetering on the edge of uncertainty and he had made his choice, he wouldn't deny himself any longer.

Stepping back, he lifted his shirt over his head in a single graceful movement and dropped it to the floor. It thrilled him to see how eagerly Aaron was looking at him, making his cock painfully hard and impatient.

"I waited a long time for this - I won't be rushed." Howl was speaking more to himself than Aaron, but Aaron dutifully nodded and this pleased him. When Aaron moved to take off his own shirt, Howl shook his head and Aaron stopped immediately, waiting to do anything including exhaling until Howl ran his hands up his chest and brushed the shirt over his shoulders to let it slide to the floor. Howl held a power over women, but it wasn't minutely as satisfying as the power he held over the man in front of him.

Reaching for a small vial on the shelf over the bed, he uncorked it and held it to Aaron's lips. "Open your mouth ... just a few drops is all you'll need."

"What does it do?" Aaron asked, opening his mouth obediently before receiving an answer.

"Magic." Howl promised, tilting the vial and releasing a few drops onto Aaron's tongue. "You'll wonder what you ever did without it."

Aaron swallowed and licked his lips. Howl kissed, exploring his mouth as he unfastened his pants with deft fingers and pushing them over his slim hips. Following the pants to the floor, he knelt and let his cheek brush against Aaron's erection while he slipped Aaron's feet out of his shoes and freed him of the rest of his clothes. Looking up with a smirk, his breath quickened at the expression of anticipation on Aaron's face. "You're going to love this." Howl promised before taking Aaron's cock into his mouth in one fell swoop. He teased his fingers along the cleft of his ass as he swallowed him, running his fingertip once around the opening before inserting a finger effortlessly. Aaron gasped as Howl plunged another finger into him. "Where did you get the lube?"

"I didn't. You don't need it - trust me." Howl answered with an air of mystery. His Self Lubricating Ass Potion was working beautifully. He was a genius if he did say so himself!

As Howl enjoyed himself, he completely forgot the sleeping members of the castle, and frankly at this moment he could really care less. If Michael was forced into a masturbatory fit over the sounds he was hearing, or Sophie was shocked into a stupor he refused to think of it. This was his castle, and at this moment he was indeed the king.

"Please Howl, no more teasing." Aaron pleaded as Howl increased the pressure around the base of his cock to keep him from coming.

"But I love the way you sound ... and the way you taste..."

"Please?!"

Howl pushed him gently onto the bed, watching him move to the middle and taking in how flushed and aroused he was. He took his time shedding the rest of his clothes, watching Aaron in this state was too good to pass up. When Howl climbed on the bed Aaron reached for him, but Howl swiftly pinned his arms over his head. "Sorry love, but this is about me/. Doing what /I want. /To/. /You/. Keep your hands there ... or do I have to bind them there?"

Aaron whimpered and his cock twitched against Howl's belly as he fisted the coverlet. Howl shifted making their cocks brush against each other, and Aaron pushed his hips upwards in hopes of more contact. "Anything you want."

"/Exactly/."

Howl hadn't realized how much he missed the flat planes of a man's body and the musky scent of a man's cock until now. He'd forgotten how soft the skin was along the shaft, and how alive this made him feel. He was absolutely intoxicated with the man beneath him, and he took his time exploring every inch of him with his fingers and his mouth. He had no idea how he managed to take his time; it surprised him that he had this much resolve. Not that it wasn't worth it - every sharp intake of breath, every low moan was slowly sating a part of him that had been hungry for far too long.

"Do you want me to fuck you?" Howl growled into Aaron's ear before he nipped his earlobe.

"Please!" Aaron begged, writhing underneath him.

Howl pushed Aaron's legs wider, positioning his cock teasingly against his opening. "Say it."

"Fuck me... plea ... ahhhh!" Aaron was more than ready when Howl pressed into him in one swift movement, but the pleasure was almost overwhelming. Howl felt nails scoring his back. Aaron had forgotten his place, but he let the slip go this time, allowing him to keep his hands free. He enjoyed the way Aaron was clinging to him as he fucked him - he could forgive the disobedience this time. Snaking his hand between their bodies, Howl stroked Aaron in time with his thrusts, allowing himself release after he felt Aaron spasm between them, coating his hand.

Howl collapsed against Aaron, trying to brace some of the weight with his arms before easing himself out of Aaron's ass and rolling to the side. They lay entangled as their breathing slowed, Howl basked in the feeling of bare skin against his, and the warmth and scent of their sex the only thing between them. The sun was breaking free of the horizon just as they settled themselves under the blankets and closed their eyes. Howl could hear Sophie moving around downstairs, and a murmur of conversation. He hoped they'd let him be. He'd crossed one bridge getting here, but that had been more than enough for one day. Let the questions wait - he wasn't even sure how he'd answer anyway and didn't want to think about it now.

"I think your grandmother's up." Aaron said, snuggling closer without opening his eyes. "Do you want me to leave?"

Howl grinned, pulling Aaron closer and closing his eyes against the coming morning. "I don't have the energy to deal with her if you go downstairs. I'm afraid you're trapped here with me until she falls asleep tonight. I'll try to keep you occupied until then."

Howl drifted off moments later. If he had managed to stay awake just a little longer he would've heard the snippets of conversation from below.

"Where's Howl?"

"I think he has a guest." Sophie said with laughter in her voice.

"Really?" Michael asked in disbelief. "You mean there's a girl in his room?"

"Unless Aaron has suddenly become a fashionable girl's name, I think not." She smiled knowingly at Michael's confusion. "I think that Howl finally found what he's been looking for."

^_~
Sign up to rate and review this story