Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

Pretty In Punk

by SoGoodInBlue

Fall Out Boy and an OC.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2011-04-24 - Updated: 2011-04-24 - 1309 words

?Blocked
This never turned out how I expected. In fact it was the complete opposite. Almost. I know now that I will forever wonder if I hadn’t pushed him that day…would any of this ever of happened? Well…



Patrick and I were sat in class, trying to have some sort of messed up silent conversation. This consisted of tiny gestures and the occasional passing of a note. The first one I passed to him said;


So how are things with you and Leila?

He smiled as he read it. When ever her name was brought up a grin would dominate
his face. It was so cute.

Pretty good =P

What does that mean?

It means a gentleman does not kiss and tell ;-)

But a gentleman will drink garlic butter? : P

I looked at him wile he read this and he responded by mouthing “one time that happened”. I silently laughed. I loved Patrick. Not in the whole “his and hers” way just the “he’s my best friend in the entire world since forever and he always will be” kind of way.

Patrick and I had been friends since we were three. Our parents met at a Christmas party years before we were born and our moms both found out they were pregnant at the same time. After we were born they sort of lost contact for some reason I can’t explain, but something brought them back together. That’s when baby Patrick and baby Jal were set up on a play date. We went to elementary school together; we even went to guitar lessons together even though Patrick wanted to take drum lessons instead. I told him to learn on his own because it was easy enough and he did. He’s amazing too. And now we were in high school together living one street apart. It was the perfect friend-ship.

He jabbed my side to make me lean back and then threw another note on my lap.

I need you to help me pick out an outfit for a date tonight. Come to my house after school?

Of course. I like this one I’m not letting you screw it up by dressing like your idiot older brother.

Hey! But thanks.

The rest of the lesson was filled with silent antics and barley any note taking. We were reminded to pay attention every so often by our math teacher Mrs Harrison but we were used to it. I mean, it was us!

When the bell went we couldn’t get out of that school fast enough. Practically racing each other through the halls not caring when we knocked over a student or two.

“Gelanda Turner and Patrick Stumph! Slow down!” a teacher shouted. We slowed but I couldn’t help but cringe at the use of my full name. I wouldn’t mind having a name fitting to my ancestry if I looked right for it. Such a classic Caribbean name wasted on me. It makes me feel out of place. I’m pretty pale but have an olive tinge to my skin that becomes more pronounced in the summer. My hair is almost black but true to my origin grows thick and glossy down to my waist. My eyes, instead of being black orbs are similar to Patrick’s green colour and dominate my face with a piercing quality. His are a lot softer and sweeter than mine, people say mine are icy which is weird because there not blue.

Despite escaping the facial traits of my great grand parents, I didn’t manage to surpass the classic body of a Caribbean beauty. Tall, big hips and double D’s. Patrick was forever pointing out random teenagers staring at my chest when we walked through the mall, simply to annoy me. I wouldn’t mind but I’m really skinny so everything looks bigger.

“Damn its Friday I wanna get home.”

“No you don’t you wanna see Leila!” I stated. He smiled of course. “See? Don’t you lie to me mister I’ll always find you out. Besides your not going any were looking like that!”

He stopped in his tracks and gave me a look. “What, may I ask is wrong with what I’m wearing?”

“You asked if you could ask and I’m saying you can’t. But I know what Leila likes you in. she told me.” I said waiting for the reaction I was expecting. His eyes widened as did his grin. Dead on.

“She talks to you about me?” he asked starting to walk again.

“Yeah all the time, did we get math homework?”

“Screw the math homework Jal what did she say?” he was practically jumping up and down and clapping his hands now.

“A lot of stuff.” I sighed teasing him.

“Oh for fucks sake, specify Jal!”

“She goes all gooey talking about you. Like, you’re the best kisser in the universe and…”

“She said that?” he interrupted. I swear his grin was about to split his face.

“Yeah she did. But I beg to differ.” I smiled.

“What? You kissed me twice! Once in a game of spin the bottle and once last new years. You don’t have enough data to compare.” He said smugly.

“So you were listening in math?”

“Shut up. You really don’t think I’m a good kisser?” he wined as we rounded the corner of the school gates. “Because I’m not half bad! Listen to my girlfriend!”

“Well do you remember that guy I dated a wile back? The one that was obsessed with greenday?”

“Don’t even try to tell me he was better than me.” Patrick said sarcastically.

“Well…”

“Oh no you don’t.”

All of a sudden he pushed me up against a nearby wall, out of view of everybody else
and his lips were on mine. If it was anyone else with that mouth I wouldn’t of laughed, cause he was pretty good. Both of us were laughing through the others kiss when something caught my eye.

“GET OFF!” I screamed pushing him off and running away from him.

“I am NOT that bad!” he said still in fits of laughter.

“No your right, your not, you win! Look Patrick!” I pointed franticly at the neon orange poster stuck to the lamppost. He walked over slowly, wiping my lip gloss from his mouth. I had to giggle.

The poster read: WANTED. EXPERIENCED DRUMMER
FOR NEW HOME-GROWN BAND
IF INTERESTED CALL PETER WENTZ ON: 456-874-233

Patrick looked at me. “so?”

I slumped at his response. “So! You’re the experienced drummer this peter guy is looking for!”

“What me? The Chicago music scene is pretty talented. I can’t live up to that!”

“YES you can! Patrick you’re amazing at what you do!”

“You think?” he said, an uncertain look stamped on his face.

“Well yeah!” I was shouting now.

“I’m not sure I could handle it all.” The smile that was lingering from our joke of a kiss faded from both our faces.

“What couldn’t you handle?” I asked putting my hands on my hips. He rolled his eyes and sighed.

“Well school, a job, a girlfriend, a band AND keeping up with you? That’s just too much!” A look of realisation waved over his face as he instantly realised his mistake.
“No, no I didn’t mean it like that…”

I turned round and began to walk. “Whatever Patrick.”

“Oh, Jal, don’t!” he chased me.

“Come on. You have a date and your not going dressed like a homeless prince fan.” I kept walking, almost running in front of Patrick.

“Jal it wasn’t supposed to come out how it did.”

“Yeah but it did didn’t it? come on.”



Review?
Sign up to rate and review this story