Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation

Crossing the Line

by Ralphiere

Hiro comes to Shuichi's aid when he returns, distraught, from New York. [because Hiro holds a warm place in my heart and doesn't get enough loving.]

Category: Gravitation - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Shuichi, Other - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-05-24 - Updated: 2006-05-24 - 2446 words - Complete

?Blocked
A/N: I don't own Gravitation.

Crossing the Line


Hiro managed to convince the girl at the front desk to give him a keycard, and it had been no easy task. He begged, pleaded and finally bribed her with some cash. Shuichi should have known by now that he would never leave him to wallow in his own despair, no matter how much he may deserve it. Hiro's patience was almost gone with this on again off again relationship; it was exhausting to continuously pick up the pieces of his friend's broken heart. Yuki didn't deserve Shuichi, plain and simple.

He made his way back to the sixth floor and knocked on the door again. He had just spent the last hour and a half banging on the door, trying to get Shuichi to open up; he only stopped because people started to complain about the noise. It wasn't like his friend to isolate to this extent and he was starting to really worry.

"Shuichi, I've got a key, so either open up or I'm letting myself in."

He was answered by an unnerving silence. He ran the plastic card through the slot and turned the handle when the light blinked green. The suite was dark, curtains drawn against the waning light. He flipped a switch, bathing the room in a soft yellow glow. The sitting room was empty, but completely destroyed. A small table was overturned with one of its chairs laying intact on the floor. The other chair had been thrown against the wall and lay smashed under the sizeable hole it left behind. The cushions from the sofa lay strewn about and the sofa itself was tipped on its back. Hiro whistled in disbelief, he had never seen Shuichi act destructively before. His stomach flipped as the thought of his friend and he hurried towards the closed door leading to the bedroom and swung it inward. The room appeared intact by the light that flooded in from the sitting room. Hiro stepped inside without turning on a light; he didn't need to. He saw Shuichi sitting on the bed, leaning against the wall, his legs stretched out before him, with his eyes closed. He was breathing deeply as if in sleep, his hand curved around the handle of a small handgun. Damn K and his weapons.

"I can't do it, Hiro...I tried, but I just can't"

Shuichi's voice was alarmingly calm, devoid of emotion it frightened Hiro more than anything thus far. He walked slowly towards the bed; afraid to startle his friend from whatever bizarre trance he'd lulled himself into. He sat gingerly on the edge of the bed and looked at Shuichi closely.

"Can't do what?"

"Pull the trigger."

Shuichi opened his eyes and looked at Hiro. Hiro was alarmed at how bloodshot they were, and how vacant. Hiro hated Yuki so fiercely at that moment he could have taken the pistol and killed him without hesitation. Who the fuck was he to toy with someone so...sincere?

"C'mon buddy, why don't you just give me the gun and we can talk about this?"

For the briefest of moments Shuichi hesitated and Hiro's heart thudded in his chest. Then he picked up the gun by the handle and handed it to his friend, laughing darkly.

"I can't even fucking kill myself right...I mess everything up...no wonder I'm always alone."

Hiro stood and put the gun in the top draw of the tallboy standing unmolested against the far wall. He could see that Shuichi had exhausted himself by the time he reached this room because everything appeared in order. He kicked off his shoes and crawled onto the bed, taking Shuichi into his arms and pulling him close.

"You know that's not true." Hiro stroked his hand through Shuichi's unruly hair, relieved to feel Shuichi slowly relaxing against him. "You don't have to be alone...you never have to be alone."

Shuichi's body was immediately racked with sobs and Hiro held him through the storm's fury. It broke Hiro's heart to hear such anguish and filled him with rage against its source. The two lay there intertwined on the bed until Shuichi exhausted himself into sleep. Hiro gently moved the sleeping man off of him and stood. He removed Shuichi's clothes and tucked him between the cool sheets. Even in slumber he could see his friends pain etched on his tired face, dark smudges still prominent under his eyes. He bent down and kissed his cheek lovingly before going into the sitting room and attempting to fix the damage.




Shuichi opened his eyes cautiously, wary of the pounding in his head. Memories of the day before came flooding back and he groaned, not wanting to face it. Strong arms wrapped around him from behind and pulled him close. For a moment he was disoriented before he remembered Hiro arriving out of nowhere. He turned in the embrace and pressed his cheek against the smooth skin of Hiro's chest, allowing himself to be lulled by the slow rhythm of his friend's heartbeat.

"What would I do without you?"

"I don't think you'd make it." Hiro pushed the hair off his brow and looked down into his eyes. "Seriously, how are you feeling?"

"Like I got hit by a fucking truck." Shuichi lifted his head and looked into Hiro's eyes. "I'm so sorry you had to do this..."

"Do what? Pick up the pieces of your sorry life?" Hiro chuckled, hugging him gently, "What are friends for, right?"

"Will you rub my back?"

"Only if you tell me what's going on exactly...I still have some missing pieces."

"Will you rub my back as I'm telling you?"

"Sure."

Shuichi closed his eyes and relaxed against Hiro's chest, virtually purring from the circles Hiro was making on his back. "What did I do to deserve you?"

"Absolutely nothing...c'mon, spill it."

"Alright..." Shuichi took a deep breath before he began. "I totally lost it. I spent a lot of time thinking on my flight home from New York...all I ever did was love him...how did it go so wrong? I'm totally fucking spent...I'm done getting played by fucking Seguchi, I'm done getting played by fucking Yuki, I'm totally fucking done. I'm sorry Hiro, but I can't do it anymore. I'm done surrounding myself with fucking lunatics!...Anyway... I figured I had my answer, so I snuck a gun out of K's carry-on and ditched them at the airport. I had some cash so I came here and checked in under another name and. ...well...lost it. It was all going smoothly until I made a mistake..."

"What mistake?"

"I called you..."

"You called me because you knew you were being stupid."

"I called you because you never turned your back on me, no matter how crazy things got." Shuichi lifted his head and looked at Hiro. "How can you stand to be around me when I only create chaos?"

"Because I love you...you should realize by now that no matter what you do I'll always be there for you."

"I know. And how do I repay you, by making you dig me out of another jam."

"C'mon, this is nothing...nobody needs to know what happened here, do they?"

"I suppose not."

"Look on the bright side, no one knows you're here, so think of this as a little vacation while we figure out what we're going to do, okay?"

"Okay...hey, can you keep rubbing my back...and my head...God, my head hurts."

"Why don't you take a shower and I'll order some room service and some aspirin?"

"ARRG...you can't order room service until I clean up the mess I made."

"It's already done, for the most part...you broke some stuff permanently, but we'll settle that when it's time to check out."

"Hiro, what would I do without you?"

"Perish in despair...C'mon moron, go take a shower..."


Shuichi felt worlds better after he's showered and eaten. Hiro left about an hour before to smuggle in some fresh clothes and was due back soon. Shuichi was ever in awe that Hiro was always there for him, no matter what he did. He didn't deserve anyone that amazing. The television droned on as he lost himself deep in thought. Why was Yuki so unattainable? Why couldn't they just be together and be happy? Who lives like this?

The door opened and Hiro walked in, his usual smile brightening his face. He carried a duffle bag and small box under one arm. He brought the bag into the bedroom and placed the box on the table, which was no worse for wear after it's tumble.

"What's in the box?"

"It's a surprise...but it's for later, so you have to be patient."

"C'mon! What's in the box?"

"No deal, you'll have to wait! Feeling better?"

"Yeah, if you don't count the searing pain around my heart."

"Push over." Hiro sat next to Shuichi on the sofa and opened his arms, inviting his friend to lay with him. Shuichi settled himself on his friend's firm chest, happy to have arms around him. "It's going to take some time for that searing pain to go away."

"I know...it doesn't make it any easier."

"That's why I'm here, to make it easier." Hiro hoped that Shuichi didn't notice the quickening of his heart from their close contact. "C'mon, let's utilize this suite to it's full potential...I think it has a wet bar!"

As the sun set over the city, the boys drank and forgot Bad Luck/, forgot /N-G Records/, and forgot Eiri Yuki. Hiro was relieved to see Shuichi acting more like himself, his optimism untainted by the lies he'd endured. They sprawled out on the bed and talked and joked and made plans for the future. They didn't need /N-G and all the bullshit; they could go elsewhere and fulfill their dreams.

"I've missed this." Shuichi smiled, happy the weight was lifting, even if it was just for a little while. "I've missed /you/."

Hiro laughed, laying his head on Shuichi's stomach and taking a swig from the bottle in his hand. "I've always been here, babe, you just were too busy to notice."

"I know, and I'm sorry."

Hiro was touched by the serious tone in his usually foolish friend's voice. He rolled over and lay next to Shuichi, propping his head up with his elbow. They just looked at each other in silence for a moment and neither knew who it was that made the first move. Before they knew it their lips were touching and their tongues lazily exploring each other's mouths. Their kisses were tender and sweet, and their hands gentle. Hiro pulled away and rested his forehead against Shuichi's, looking intently into his eyes.

"Do you know how long I've wanted to do that?"

"Yes..." Shuichi captured his mouth in another kiss, burying his hand in the other's long, silky tresses. "I'm done waiting."

They were mindless as they indulged the needs of their bodies, quickly shedding their clothes and frantic to fulfill countless fantasies. Hiro had never been with a man before, but it seemed so natural being here with Shuichi that it didn't feel the least bit awkward. Hiro gasped as Shuichi pressed himself closer, feeling the heat radiating from his skin, aware of the erection pressing against his stomach. Their hands roamed, their tongues explored until their individual scents became one. They made love selflessly, each focusing solely on the other's pleasure.

Hiro found his voice, pulling Shuichi up towards him and looking into his lust filled eyes. "I want you know what it feels like to have you inside of me."

Shuichi kissed him deeply before answering. "I'll hurt you, I don't want to hurt you."

"It's okay...I want you to."

Shuichi got up and rummaged through his bag before returning to the bed. He couldn't believe how incredibly beautiful Hiro was and was amazed that they hadn't crossed this line before. He'd always loved him and the love was always returned, unconditionally. This was how love was supposed to be. He climbed onto the bed and blanketed Hiro with his body, bracing his weight with his arms.

"You're sure?"

Hiro nodded in response and drew Shuichi closer, needing to taste him again. Shuichi went down, trying to draw attention from his slicked intruding fingers with the wet heat of his mouth. Hiro was bucking his hips, getting closer to release, when Shuichi pulled a way and quickly positioned himself between his lover's legs. He looked at Hiro for a moment, waiting for permission. Hiro wrapped his legs around Shuichi's waist, willing him on.

It took every once of willpower Shuichi had to go slow, but he wanted to subject Hiro to as little pain as possible. He stilled his movements when he was fully imbedded, waiting for Hiro to get used to the intrusion. Shuichi leaned forward and kissed him until he could feel him relaxing around his shaft. At first they moved slowly, Hiro moaning in pleasure, surprised at how his body was responding, how good it felt. Soon their lovemaking became frantic as they willed on their building orgasms. They were moving as one, and this was something new to both of them, Shuichi never experienced this level of intimacy with Yuki...ever.

Hiro screamed Shuichi's name as he came, stunned by the power of his orgasm. Shuichi soon followed, emptying himself inside Hiro before collapsing on top of him. They lay their, panting for breath, the smell of their sex the only thing between them.

"Are you okay, Hiro?" Shuichi rolled off of him, his concern apparent in his face.

"Yeah." He smirked and closed his eyes. "If I had known it was going to be like that I would have come on to you a long time ago."

Shuichi touched his face lovingly, feeling content...happy. "If I had known it could be like that. Hiro...it's never been like that for me before. With Yuki it's...different...it's just sex, not like this."

Hiro opened his eyes and looked at his old friend seriously. "I'm glad, I wouldn't want it to be the same. I don't want to talk about Yuki now. Eventually we'll have to, but not now."

"Okay." Shuichi's voice was quiet; he didn't want to think about it either. The two friends lay in the dark, wrapped in each other's arms and trying to live in the moment and wary of the future. Suddenly Shuichi sat up, filled with his usually exuberance.

"Hey, what's in the box?"
Sign up to rate and review this story