Categories > Books > Harry Potter

At Long Last

by jackieshpcrazy

The next generation has finally arrived at Hogwarts, and Scorpius Malfoy seems to have been sorted into the wrong house. What will become of his unlikely friendship with Rose Weasley?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Warnings: [X] [Y] - Published: 2011-07-28 - Updated: 2011-07-28 - 1235 words

?Blocked
Chapter 1
New Beginnings

It was the first time in more than 19 years he had been to this platform. More than 19 years since he had last seen the sleek shiny train that transported young wizards to and from a place he once considered home, and this time he wouldn't be boarding it. He had missed seeing his oldest being sent off for the first time due to an emergency situation at work, but he would not miss it again with his other children if he could help it.
He watched the train as it pulled out of the station, and hoped his son wasn't worrying too much.
ӂ ӂ ӂ
Rose was sitting in a compartment by herself when her cousin slipped in.
“Hey Rosey,” said Albus, “mind if I join you?”
“No, not at all, I'm just glad I'm not by myself.”
“Me too, are you afraid of what house you will be sorted into?”
“I don't care as long as its not Slytherin.”
“My dad said not to worry if I get sorted into Slytherin because one of the headmasters I was named after was a Slytherin and he was a great man.”
“Still, I wouldn't want to hang around with that lot.”
There was a knock at the compartment door and Albus and Rose both jumped as they looked towards the door. Standing there was the pale blond boy her father had warned her about. Still they slid open the compartment door and glanced at the boy before Albus finally spoke up.
“You must be Malfoy, my father warned me about you, what do you want?”
“Clearly you must be Potter scum, however everywhere else is full,” the boy drawled, “my name is Scorpius, and unfortunately I must be joining you.”
Scorpius hefted his trunk into the compartment and up into the rack in one fluid motion, leaving Rose quite impressed, of course she would never admit it.
He then sat down next to Rose, across from Albus, before turning to her and smirking.
“And you must be the spawn of Granger and Weasley. What other child could have red frizzy hair?”
Rose blushed and turned away, How dare he, she thought, the Weasley in her starting to flair with anger. But it just wont do to get in trouble before we even get to school, her more practical side urged.
The rest of the trip was rather silent and very awkward. Finally it was time to change into their school robes, and before they knew it they were pulling into Hogsmede.
Seeing the fear in Roes's eyes Albus reached for her hand as they stepped off the train.
“Firs' years this way,” a familiar voice boomed over the crowd.
“Hey there, Al, Rosey, this way,” Hagrid pointed them.
When Rose looked back at her first night at Hogwarts she would scarcely recall anything. She would however remember Malfoy's name being called. The sorting hat was placed upon his head for quite a bit longer than anyone she had yet seen. He seemed to be arguing with the hat, it wasn't until a few minutes had passed that the hat finally called out “Gryfindor!”
The hall was silent, a Malfoy in Gryfindor it was an outrage. No one clapped, no one made so much as a peep as Scorpius marched towards the Gryfindor table, head hung in shame. In an effort to regain control of the situation, the headmistress, which Rose soon came to find out was called Professor McGonagal, continued calling names.
She finally reached James, who was promptly sorted into Gryfindor, and then finally “Weasley, Rose”
Rose shuffled up to the stool and placed the hat on her head.
“Hmmm, let's see,” muttered the hat, “You would do great in Gryfindor, but I see you thriving in Ravenclaw. Very difficult, better make it, Gryfindor!”
Rose breathed a sigh of relief as she went to join her family, but as she glanced down the table looking for them she noticed a few seats down from her numerous cousins was a blond haired boy looking sad and alone. She waved at her family, but continued walking right past them to sit right next to none other than Scorpius Malfoy.
“You don't have to do this,” he said “not after the way I treated you.”
“No,” she replied, “but I want to, my name is Rose by the way.”
“Pleased to meet you Rose,” Scorpius replied, taking her hand and kissing it gently.
Albus was shooting murderous glares in her direction, not to mention James and Teddy, but she just rolled her eyes at them and began conversation with Scorpius.
After an amazing feast, the first years were escorted to their dormitories by Teddy, who was a Prefect. He led them up stairs and trough hidden passageways and Rose wondered how she would ever manage to remember where they all led. Finally they reached a portrait of a fat lady. “Password?” she asked, to which Teddy replied, “Mimbulous Mimbeltonia.”
The portrait swung aside to reveal a circular cozy looking room which was the Gryfindor common room. Malfoy pushed his way past everyone and hurried up the stairs for the boys dormitories, just as all hell broke loose.
“How could you Rose!” Shouted Al and James together.
“What was I supposed to do? How would you have felt if you got sorted into Slytherin!?” She yelled back, her Weasley temper flaring.
“We didn't, we aren't some kind of freaks.” Shouted James.
“Well, maybe you should broaden your mind a little bit, don't judge based on old blood feuds!”
“They've got a point,” stated Fred, George Weasley and Angelina Johnson's oldest son, “he is Deatheater scum, I bet his father is in Azkaban for something or rather.”
“Who cares, he's not his father, nor are we our parents!” Rose screamed before storming up to her dormitory and flopping unceremoniously into bed.
It wasn't long before she heard a tapping at the window, it was an owl, trying desperately to get in. It was a regal looking thing, with sleek black feathers covering its entire body, and a black beak to match.
Rose hurried to the window to let it in and it held up its leg for her to take the scrap of parchment tied to it. She did so carefully before unfolding the scrap. Upon it was a tidy, curling script.
Thanks, for everything, I heard you sticking up for me.
The formality of the writing made Rose self conscious of writing anything back. How would her untidy scrawl look on the page next to his elegant handwriting, and anyway, what was she supposed to say back?
Don't mention it. So, does this mean we're friends?
It didn't take long for a reply to reach her.
I don't have much choice do I? Father will murder me when he finds out, a Gryfindor, and I've befriended a Weasley.
On and on they talked.
As if my family isn't already about to disown me.
At least you made it into the proper house.
My father strictly forbid me from becoming friends with you.
My father more or less said the same of you and Potter. Oh, what am I going to do?
It was nearly 1 a.m. Before they realized they had better get some sleep, because classes started tomorrow.
They both fell asleep, quickly, each thinking of the other, and what was quickly becoming a very odd friendship.
Sign up to rate and review this story