Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

You Never Understand

by youngandloaded

Gerard finds a lost Frank and befriends him!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2012-01-27 - Updated: 2012-01-28 - 1013 words - Complete

?Blocked
Gerard's POV
I was supposed to stop drinking. Actually I had been doing rather well. I hadn't had a drink in two weeks. That doesn't sound like much of a feat, but that's an eternity for me. Of course getting fired from my shitty job, at the Hot Topic in the Belleville mall, can drive a man to do that. I hit on one customer and I'm out. Whatever, it's not like I needed the job anyway. I parked my car outside of my favorite bar and drug myself inside. I had entirely forgotten that it was Friday night, and the place was mobbed with posers and kids who had wandered into the first place that had any alcohol. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at them.

"Gerard!" A very gruff man yelled from behind the bar. He came out and gave me a bone crushing hug.
"Hi Joe." I smiled at my older bartender friend. He was almost a father figure to me. He had been letting me come into the bar and drink sense I was sixteen and he found me beat up on a street corner. It was probably the only good thing that ever came out of my dull and dreary high school experience. "Where have you been?" He slapped his large hand on my back. I staggered slightly forward. "I've been trying to quit, for Mikey, you know?" I smiled at the thought of my little brother. "Well it's good to see you." Joe smiled and turned back to his job. Within a matter of minutes I had a beer sitting in front of me.

Man I love this place. I though as I threw it back.

The night continued about in this pattern, every time I took a shot of whatever Joe put in front of me I would push my dark hair out of my eyes. I was in a pretty good mood from all of the intoxication and joy in the atmosphere. The activity in the bar seemed to die down around three in the morning. Now normally I would have been at home in bed, only I didn't exactly have a job anymore so I didn't really care. I finally stood up off of my bar stool and wandered to the bathroom. I almost tripped over a body I hadn't seen in the doorway. "Shit." I cursed under my breath. Joe hated people crashing in his place. I bent down and turned the man over. I gasped at the man's face. He had to be some sort of male model because normal people did not look nearly as beautiful as that. Suddenly his eyes flew open and he pulled me down on top of him.
"Greg I missed you." He snuggled next to me on the floor and attempted to kiss me. I could smell the alcohol on his breath, but realized mine couldn't have been much better. "I- I'm not Greg." I hated to disappoint this beautiful stranger but I wasn't his boyfriend or whoever he was looking for. I pushed his arms away and stood up.

"Look kid, you are in no position to drive home," I'm probably not either "so I guess you are going to have to come home with me." I looked at the man's expression and his eyes lit up. He nodded and I offered my hand to pull him up. "What's your name?" I swung my arm around the much shorter stranger's shoulders. "Frank, you know that Greg." He smiled up at me with such glee in his eyes and he swayed drunkly. "Right, silly Greg." I scoffed at myself and simply played along. If I could bring a smile to his perfect face then it was fine by me. I pulled the passenger door of my car open and forced him inside. I buckled his seat belt and the man called Frank smiled up dumbly at me.
"Safety first!" I nodded and walked over to my side of the car.
I put my key in the ignition and started the car. Thankfully the house Mikey and I shared up until recently was close by. My baby brother was now all grown up and he had moved in with his boyfriend, and my best friend, Ray just a few days ago. The house was big and empty now that he was gone. Frank's small hand darted out and turned the radio on. A very loud Misfit's song came blasting threw the speakers.

"Oh man! I love this song!" he smiled so wide I could see all of his teeth. I grinned back with a slight pride in my taste in music. At least I hadn't picked a complete idiot to take home.
"This is my house." I said as we pulled into the driveway. I pulled the short Frank out of the car and he stumbled close to me. He must have been only five. I unlock feet four. I opened the door, guided him inside, and allowed Frank to sit down on the couch. "Go to sleep and sober up." I said sternly. I hoped he listened to this Greg guy, because I needed him to listen to me. Frank nodded and stood back up to hug me. "Thank you!" I stood there awkwardly thinking of all the things I could easily convince the obviously drunk kid to do. I shook my head and stepped back out of the hug. "It's no problem." I pushed all of my bad thoughts away. "Sleep." I commanded again. Frank frowned and said "Stay with me." I sighed.
"Come with me." I motioned for him to follow me. We walked down the stairs and into the basement. Of course by the basement I mean my room. I had no real idea why I was letting this stranger into my home, but I was. He was so damn beautiful I couldn't help myself.

Okay so this is only chapter one. I'm working on more of it if anyone likes it! I've never been any good at these things, so yeah.
Sign up to rate and review this story