Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Emergency

4- Trigger

by FairytaleFiction

My finger wrapped around the trigger and Gerard let out a loud squeak as I pulled down.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-04-25 - Updated: 2012-04-26 - 1749 words

?Blocked
“Here’s a make-shift ice pack.” I handed Dylan the plastic bag I’d filled with ice.

“Oh... um, thank you.” She nervously held it in between her wrists to alleviate the pain. I hoped it would at the very least help with the swelling.

“Did you want anything else? We still have thirty minutes before we’ll be home.” I informed her, finding that I was having trouble dropping the business tone.

“I... have to use the restroom.” Dylan nervously glanced at me, not making any move to exit the car. Gerard was inside, attacking the candy aisle.

I said nothing, walking around to her side of the car. I opened her door and leaned down, not allowing her to exit just yet. “Don’t pull anything.” I warned her, in a quiet tone. I brushed my jacket away, flashing her the gun I had strapped around my waist. She didn’t need to know that I absolutely despised guns and had only taken this so that Jack wouldn’t use it again. I’d even emptied it of all the bullets so it was harmless... I had to settle for scare tactics at the moment though because going to jail for buying a girl wasn’t on my agenda.

“I- I just have to use the bathroom. I’ll be fast.” She choked out.

“Get out then.” I stepped away from her.

I took one look at her traumatized face and bloody wrists and realized if questions weren’t asked then the attendant would have to be blind. “Here, wear this.” I pulled my jacket off. “My wallet is in the pocket. If you want something I suggest you buy it now because once we get home I won’t feel like going anywhere.” I lost some of the professional tone I’d been using as I watched Dylan put the jacket on.

“Are you coming with?”

“I’ll be waiting out here.” I sat down, where Dylan had been sitting.

She seemed nervous but finally turned away from me. I watched her curiously but she didn’t stop and say anything to the attendant. She simply walked straight to the back of the gas station. Gerard was too busy focusing on candy to even notice her entering.





Fifteen minutes later Dylan and Gerard emerged from the gas station together. “What was the hold up?” I asked, scooting over so that Dylan could sit where she had been before.

“I just spent forty dollars in candy.” Gerard said, glancing at his bags of delicious sugary goods.

I rolled my eyes and focused on Dylan, “What did you get?”

“Jerky and this Ice-e.” She took a long drink of the blue slushy product before biting in to her stick of jerky. “Do you want your jacket back?”

“No, it’s fine.” I leaned against the back seat.

My eyes had just fallen shut when the icy beverage hit me directly in the face, dripping down on to my chest.

Gerard said nothing, having not started the car yet.

An awkward silence fell over the car until I finally opened my eyes, to see Dylan staring at me. “Explain yourself.” I attempted to remain calm, realizing she would probably attempt to push my buttons quite often. It was to be expected.

“Five dollars isn’t going to buy my friendship. What did you really expect from me?” Dylan snapped.

I had never before even thought of hitting a girl but at that moment it seemed like the perfect idea. Somehow I resisted the urge, seeing as how a part of me didn’t want her to hate me forever. “I didn’t walk in to that building with the intention of adopting a child.” I leaned forward, “I bought myself a whore. Be thankful I’m not treating you as such. Anymore unpleasant actions and I just might.”

Dylan’s eyes widened and I wasn’t entirely sure what went through her head as I spoke those words but whatever it was it wasn’t what I expected. Instead of shrinking back and being good... She quickly grabbed for the gun that was hidden beneath my shirt.

I didn’t even fight to get it back. I calmly stared at her, listening as Gerard quietly freaked out. “Gun.” He mumbled, “She has a fucking gun. I’m going to die right now and I’m going straight to hell... Oh dear lord please forgive me-“ He abruptly shut up as she aimed the gun at me, a look of hate shining behind her eyes.

“I refuse to be your whore.” She said, reaching for the door handle. Gerard had already enabled the child locks though so it did her no good. She glared at him, “Let me out.”

“Don’t.” I commanded, still staring directly in to her beautiful terrified eyes.

Gerard let out a snort of fear as he tried to figure out what to do.

Thankfully when he was nervous he tended to do absolutely nothing, which worked out in this situation.

“I warned you.” Now she was just pissing me off.

Dylan’s hands began to shake and her eyes went from me to the gun, then back to me. I honestly had no idea just what she was going to choose to do.

“Give me the gun.” I reached out my hand, watching as she began to tremble more violently.



**



(Dylan’s POV)



Shoot him, shoot him!

I heard Gerard begin to sob and I focused on that, as if it were background music. I actually found it somewhat soothing. What with all the chaos that was now in my life... sobbing seemed like a fitting background noise.

Shoot yourself.

Shoot him.

I went over my options, keeping my eyes trained on Mikey. I had nothing to live for anymore. They were all dead. I wasn’t sure what happened to my mom but I’m fairly sure that without my dad, my brother, or me... She would be broken. I didn’t want her to be broken. I didn’t even want to think about it, I doubted I’d be able to live seeing her in a broken state.

But Mikey killed my brother. He was the reason my father was dead, him and all of his fucking friends.

Shoot him then shoot yourself...

My hands were shaking so badly that I was surprised I didn’t just drop the damn gun. My finger wrapped around the trigger and Gerard let out a loud squeak as my finger pulled down, causing nothing other than a small click to sound through out the car.

The gun dropped from my hands on to the floor of the car. There was no way out. The gun didn’t even have any fucking bullets in it...

I was stuck and Mikey was alive.

I’d never felt so utterly hopeless as I did in that moment.

Mikey leaned forward, anger flashing through his eyes. “Fucking drive.” He commanded, without even looking at Gerard.

Gerard let out another small squeak and then backed out, slowly and carefully.

Mikey’s hands tightly grabbed my wrists, causing sharp pain to radiate through my body. “You were going to fucking kill me.” He growled out, leaning even closer.

“I wish I had.” I replied, glaring back at him.

“That’s not the smartest thing to say to your master.” Mikey spit the word out, with as much disgust as I felt towards it.

“There is nothing in this world that can make me play your pet.” I spit back, leaning as far away from him as I could. He simply closed the space, tightening his grip on my wrists.

“Why are you being like this?” Mikey asked, catching me off guard.

“... The fact that you’re surprised with my stance on not being owned is actually quite terrifying.” How could he not see that being ‘owned’ by another human being wasn’t exactly something one worked towards?

“I’m sorry but I did what I had to do to save you.” Mikey snapped, letting go of my wrists.

“You think you saved me?” Tears clung to my eyelashes, threatening to spill. “You’re wrong.” I whispered.

Mikey said nothing but I knew he was still mad. How could he not be? I attempted to shoot him. Had there been bullets in that gun he would be dead. If I had my way he would be dead...

I saw movement from the corner of my eye and thought he was going to hit me. It wouldn’t be a huge surprise. Plus, what was a little more pain?

Instead Mikey grabbed for my wrists, avoiding the swollen areas.

I winced as one of his fingers gently traced along the swollen part on one of my wrists. “Where’d the ice go?”

“The floor, I think.”

How could he be so horrifyingly intimidating one moment and then so kind the next? I wasn’t sure what to think. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to think clearly ever again.

Mikey let go and started searching the ground area. He grabbed the gun, hiding it underneath his seat. It only took him a few seconds to find the make shift ice pack.

“Here, you really need to keep this on your wrists. It will help the swelling.” Mikey said, not looking directly at me.

I took it and placed it between my wrists, holding it in place. It felt so good yet still stung. “Thank you.” As much as I didn’t want to thank my captor for anything, I felt I had to show at least a tiny bit of gratitude. I was stuck with him after all... I really would prefer to stay on his nice side, though I had the feeling I hadn’t even really seen his bad side.

I closed my eyes, exhausted.

I flinched as Mikey gently ran his fingers over my forehead, brushing my hair away. He continued to gently move my hair away and I fought to remain still.

“Don’t worry Dylan.” Mikey murmured, seeming to think I’d fallen asleep. “I’m going to take good care of you.”

His words terrified me because I felt as if they had a hidden meaning.

I understood that there were good people in the world but... buying a person just to set them free, or save them, hardly made any sense at all.
Sign up to rate and review this story