Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Mister Cigarette.

by BJAisgod

'So many people say why are you with him, and I'm like; he's a damn good kisser, he feeds my addiction, he leaks something different, the smoke from our last meeting has risen.' Frerard one-shot.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2012-06-08 - Updated: 2012-07-02 - 6563 words - Complete

?Blocked
Hows it hanging? So, this is just a Frerard one-shot I decided to write at like, 2am. It's heavily inspired by and practically based on the song Miss Cigarette by Rizzle Kicks [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA_tBIOt8MY&feature] man I love those guys. And yeah, its obviously originally about a girl but...whatever, this idea just crept up on me. Anyway, I hope you like it and R&R's would literally make my life, because you guys rock.
-B.xo


Frank sighed as he exhaled the faint white smoke of his cigarette, his mind reeling, slowly leaning back against his threadbare sofa, yet no real thoughts dawning on him. Nothing seemed real, sat here on his own, the silence consumed any normality he once held. Though that always happened when He was involved.
And tonight, he was waiting for Him; again.
All of the times he'd told himself that he would delete his number, walk away, he just caught a whiff of that intoxicating rush that came with his company and went crawling back, almost apologising, like he was the one causing trouble.
He shut his tired eyes and took another drag of his cigarette, the bitter smoke burning the back of his lungs. He couldn't keep doing this. Letting Him mess with his head like this, he really couldn't.
A knock came at the door and Frank stubbed out his cigarette with a heavy feeling that he wouldn't be rid of Gerard Way anytime soon.

*

It was cold. Like, really fucking cold. So cold, Frank had to go back into his shitty apartment to grab another jacket before leaving for work. He didn't even have to walk, he could drive, but the amount of time it would take to get his ancient car to work in weather like this, it wouldn't be worth it, so he walked.
Jersey was really fucking ugly at 8:13am on a Saturday, Frank decided. The aftershocks of Friday night were still very much present - sick at the entrance to an alleyway, crushed beer cans on the side of the pavement, the occasional splattering of blood. He briefly wondered whether there were any street cleaners in this city, but then decided they were probably amongst the fucked and wasted on a Friday night anyway.
He could never really see the attraction of getting so drunk you couldn't stand up. Yeah, he drank but, not in the way most people do.
It was still only just getting light as Frank kicked a beer can across the pavement, the office in sight, and he decided he hated December. When it wasn't Christmas, of course. It was just so fucking cold and everyone was always banging on about the holiday. He was so impatient, he just wanted it to hurry the fuck up and happen already.
The office was a lot warmer than the icy winter air and when he entered, Frank felt slightly stupid in his four layers. He removed one of them as he moved over to his desk, avoiding the eyes of his pestering colleagues. He didn't like this place at the best of times and it didn't help that there was a rumour going round that he sucked Harry-from-marketing's dick. He wouldn't go anywhere near any part of Harry-from-marketing, even if he was paid, or drunk, or both.
He sighed as he sat down and removed the next of his layers, still not sure exactly what his job was even though he'd worked here for the best part of a year. The little cubicle and annoying chatter and stupid fucking rumours had kind of got to a point where Frank nearly liked them, as strange as that seems.
'Hey.'
Frank jumped at the sudden voice and swivelled in his chair to come face to face with his friend, Katelyn.
'Hi,' Frank replied, 'you scared the shit out of me.' Katelyn's deep red lips transformed into a smile.
'Always,' she replied, 'cigarette break, now.' Frank raised an eyebrow at her.
'I have literally just sat down.' She raised a perfectly formed eyebrow back at him.
'Now.' Frank sighed exasperatedly and rose from his chair, following Katelyn out into the December morning.
'Shit. I should have put a jacket on,' Frank muttered. Katelyn rolled her eyes and pulled a cigarette out of the crumpled packet, Frank doing the same.
'A bit of cold never hurt anyone,' she said, flicking the lighter and sparking the end of her cancer stick.
Frank shot her a look.
'It's fucking freezing.' She shook her head, smiling.
'Pussy.' He hit her lightly and lit his cigarette, watching the smoke unfurl around them.
The sky had only just really turned light, plagued with ominous clouds dancing above them. The sunlight was seeping through, balmy and weak, in places, ghosting across the grimy pavement at the back of the block of offices.
They smoked in silence for a little while, just taking in the toxic fumes and each others company, until Katelyn turned to face Frank, a serious look in her eyes.
'When was the last time you saw Gerard?' she asked bluntly. Frank sighed as he exhaled.
'What does it matter?' Her forehead creased as Frank turned to look at her.
'Of course it matters, he's not good for you, Frank,' she replied. Frank averted his gaze and kicked an empty coke can that was lying on the pavement.
'That's for me to decide, not you,' he said quietly. She sighed and dropped her cigarette, stepping on it with her shiny, black high heels.
'It is for me to decide if I know you're being a complete idiot about it,' she responds. Frank inhales one last time before dropping his cigarette onto the floor.
'I'm not being an idiot about it, I know what I'm doing.' His voice sounded small and uncertain, even to himself. Katelyn just raises an eyebrow at him.
'So you could just, walk away, could you? Whenever you wanted and not even look at him again?' she asked, a knowing tone to her voice. Frank put all his defences up as high as they would go.
'Yes, I could, I just don't want to,' he replied defiantly. Katelyn shock her head.
'You really have no idea, do you?' she asked incredulously. Frank looked at her with confusion.
'He's using you, Frank. As soon as he gets bored, he'll piss off and leave you to pick up the pieces.' Frank felt an uncomfortable, sluggish feeling worm into his chest at her words.
'You don't even know him,' he responded, barely above a whisper.
'I don't need to.' Frank began to feel a little peeved off at what Katelyn was saying. She didn't even know Gerard, yet assumed he was bad for Frank. She put herself above him and thought she could tell Frank how to live his life. Well, fuck that.
'Actually,' Frank began, voice stronger, 'You don't know him, at all. It's not like I'm sleeping with loads of guys, it's only one, you've fucked way more people than me.' Katelyn laughed slightly bitterly and began to walk back inside.
She turned to face Frank when she reached the door.
'I'm only trying to do what's best for you, Frank. I'm trying to help.'
Frank felt bad as he watched her walk inside, wishing he could take back his heated words.
Stood outside on his own, the cold really began to get to him, though he doesn't think it was all to do with the December air. Everything seemed culled all of a sudden, like the life had been sucked out of it. He really hated how much he loved that girl sometimes.
He walked slowly back inside to be greeted by the peering eyes of most of his co-workers. He glared blatantly at Julie, the bitchiest woman ever in the cubicle next to him, and they all followed her lead and looked away.
He knew Katelyn didn't say anything, but she wouldn't of had to. She's pretty shit at hiding her emotions; meaning the whole office knew she was pissed at Frank.
Frank sat at his desk and put his head in his hands, not really sure why he feels royally shit all of a sudden, but just kind of letting it take over him. Well, he sort of did know why. Part of him knows what Katelyn said was true, yet he tries to block that part of him out. He doesn't want to believe it, there's just...something about Gerard, something he can't resist. He's knows Gerard's bad for him but...it just doesn't feel like it.
He sits up straight and logs onto the computer, deciding to actually do whatever the fuck it is he does at work so he doesn't get fired; and to take his mind off Gerard.

*

Frank decides to speak to Katelyn at lunch. He always eats with her round the back on the shitty little bench which he's pretty sure has woodworm or something.
When he gets there, she's sat down smoking a cigarette and staring dismally at the salad in front of her. Frank sits opposite her and offers a small smile.
'I'm a dick,' is the first thing he says, which at least gets a light smile out of Katelyn, 'and I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that about you.' She merely shakes her head in dismissal and everything seems to have been forgotten.
'Why the fuck are you eating salad?' Frank asks, taken aback. Katelyn sighs.
'Holly, my flat mate, is making me do this crazy ass healthy eating thing with her. We have to eat like, rabbit food and drink nothing but water and natural fruit juices. It seriously sucks.' Frank sniggered slightly.
'Unlucky. That's why I live alone, no-one to pester me.'
'Yeah, but don't you get lonely?' Katelyn asks. Frank just shrugs and takes a messy bite of his cheese and pickle sandwich.
'Not really,' he muffles in reply, mouth full. Katelyn rolls her eyes at his bad manners.
'Men,' she replies before eating a mouthful of salad, cringing at the taste and making Frank giggle as he swallows.
'We're not all the same, you know,' Frank says, slightly defensively.
'I know,' Katelyn replies, 'and Frank?' He nods.
'I meant what I said about Gerard.'

*

Frank's walking home after work when he gets the message.
It's 5:03pm and the sun is setting, causing the sky to be set ablaze with reds and oranges, radiating throughout the soiled streets and making them just a little bit beautiful. Frank never understood why the sky is only like that during sunset or sunrise, the sun is in the sky all day, so why doesn't it burn like this all the time?
He considers the answer to this question as he takes his phone out from his pocket, opening the message and feeling that familiar tight sensation in his chest.

1 new message: Gerard
meet me at the train station,x


Frank considers this. The train station is half a mile in the other direction, he could be there in ten minutes if he walked pretty fast. He has no plans for the evening, except to order in a pizza and watch a couple of episodes of the 60's series of Batman.
He makes an abrupt turn, nearly waking into a middle aged lady who gives him an dirty look. Frank raises his hands in mock surrender before turning a corner on the way to the train station, an excited buzz running through his veins.

*

It takes Frank exactly ten minutes to get to the station, the air seeming to grow colder with every step. He basks in the warmth of the large building, the people bustling about just adding to the heat of the place.
He can see Gerard leaning up against the entrance to the station Starbucks, smoking a cigarette. He approaches the older man, who seems to be looking in the opposite direction, wearing a thoughtful expression.
'Hi,' Frank says when he gets close enough, drawing Gerard's attention to him. Gerard smiles at him, keeping his small teeth concealed. His raven hair is unkempt, as usual, and a strand falls down across his deep green eyes, lined with a thin layer of smudged eyeliner. He's wearing his signature velvet jacket, the collar flicked up, which Frank assumes must have been because of the weather.
He can feel his heart spasm a little at the sight of the man.
'Hey Frank.' He inhales one last time before stubbing the cigarette out in one of those ashtray-on-top-of-a-bin things. Frank smiles at Gerard as he leans froward and ghosts his lips over Frank's cheek, making him blush slightly.
'So, why are we here?' Frank asks as Gerard begins walking forward. The raven haired man merely extends his hand out to Frank, who excepts, and pulls him through the crowds towards one of the trains, pulling him onboard and taking a seat at the back of the carriage.
'Where are we going?' Frank asked, curiosity prickling at the back of his neck. Gerard smiled mischievously at him and dropped his hand.
'I honest to god have no idea,' he begins, confusion forming on Frank features, before carrying on in a whisper 'but, I was thinking of all the places we've had sex and, well, on a train wasn't one of them, so I figured, let's.' Gerard had leant over closer to Frank as he spoke, breath blowing over his ear and making shivers run down his spine. The idea seemed like a good one to him. A very, very good one.
'I'm in,' Frank said, smiling. Gerard smirked back at him just as the train leapt into motion.
He reached out and traced his fingers across Frank's thigh.
'Well come on then,' he whispered against Frank's cheek before planting a kiss there and removing his hand as Frank went to stand up, Gerard walking past him and dragging him into the toilets.
As soon as the door was locked, Gerard had Frank up against the door and his tongue down his throat, dancing perfectly with the younger mans. Frank could feel Gerard's body pressed up against his own in the cramped space, hot and soft, the velvet of his jacket gentle against his skin as he pulled Gerard closer to him. They kissed fiercely, teeth biting lips and tongues harmonising together, until Gerard moved down and started to kiss and suck at Frank's neck, causing moans to sprout from his mouth.
Frank's entire body was tingling, his senses set on fire by Gerard's expert touch. He carefully moved back up to kiss Frank on the mouth again, silencing the moans and Frank could feel himself growing hard, his dick pressing against the zipper of the annoying suit-like trousers he had to wear to work. Gerard began grinding his own hard dick against him, which made them both moan into the messy kiss.
His hands snaked down Frank's chest to the button of his trousers, undoing it and slowly lowering the zip. Frank removed his hands from Gerard's waist and mimicked the other mans movements, just as a cold hand wrapped around his dick.
He gasped and stopped his movements, moaning loudly onto Gerard's lips. Gerard's fingers scuttles up and down his dick with ease, his thumb sliding over the head.
Frank managed to regain his composure and unzipped Gerard's jeans, palming him through his boxers Gerard groaning and pulling away from the kiss.
'Turn around,' he whispered hoarsely, almost a growl. He realised his hands from Frank's dick, the shorter man not hesitating to comply.
As soon as he did, now facing the door, he could hear Gerard push his jeans down and emit a slight moan as he stroked himself slowly. Frank felt himself grow even harder, if that was possible, at the sound and he had to bite his lip to stop from moaning.
He mentally cursed himself for not turning round to look at Gerard.
The world was still whizzing by outside the frosted window as Frank felt Gerard push his jeans down to his ankles smoothly and kiss the small of his back, lifting his hand up and presenting three fingers to Frank, who sucked on them as seductively as he could at such an awkward angle. He was bracing himself for Gerard's finger, slick with his own spit, but instead, he felt something different, something - a tongue. Gerard's tongue.
Frank moaned loudly as Gerard pressed the end of his tongue inside, making his eyes widen at the unfamiliar sensation.
'Gerard!' he gasped, the older man moving his tongue around inside gently, making Frank's spine tingle with the pleasure. He could feel his dick throbbing between his legs as Gerard slipped his tongue out and replaced it quickly with a slick finger, pushing in and twisting around slightly before adding another, scissoring gently and making Frank rock back onto his fingers. He entered a third, causing a fierce burn that made Frank wince slightly, clenching his eyes shut until it passed and an intense pleasure took its place, making the moans creep up on him, louder and louder as Gerard's fingers got deeper. He just brushed against Frank's prostate, causing Frank to gasp with the pleasure which still just wasn't enough, before pulling them all out, causing Frank to whine quietly at the loss of contact.
'I love it when you moan like a whore,' Gerard said, breath ghosting over Franks neck as he sucked on a mark he'd already made, making it burn purple against Frank's ivory skin. The younger boy moaned again, not even realising, and Gerard groaned in response against his hot skin.
'You ready?' he asked.
'Fuck, I-yes,' Frank breathed in reply.
Gerard didn't need telling twice.
He lined himself up with Frank's entrance and pushed in slowly, just the head at first, moaning at the warmth around him. Frank feels the familiar burn force it's way through him as Gerard slowly gets deeper, making sure he doesn't hurt Frank too much yet still being dominant.
Frank savoured the steady burning that settled when Gerard was all the way in, only staying still for as long as he could bear before pulling back out and thrusting back into Frank, causing his strangled hiss to mix with Gerard's throaty moan.
Gerard pulled all the way out before pounding back into Frank, hitting Frank's prostate dead on and causing the younger man to gasp, mouth forming a delicate 'O' at the pleasure bursting through his veins, right down to his fingertips.
Gerard keeps a steady pace, both moaning, leaning on Frank's back slightly with Frank braced against the door.
'Faster,' Frank whispers, barely audible, but Gerard hears and complies with the demand, making Frank's knees grow weak.
All if sudden, it just becomes so much for Frank, too fucking much. Gerard hitting his prostate with every thrust, his distinct smell wafting into the air around them - nicotine and earl grey tea - the person he's pretty sure is lurking outside the door to use the toilet and-fuck. Gerard's still wearing his velvet jacket. He's fucking him in a train toilet in his velvet jacket.
Frank can feel the precome leaking down his member as Gerard's thrusts get messier, just making things better and Frank's seeing stars even before Gerard reaches round and strokes his dick sloppily a few times, Frank coming hard all over his stomach, Gerard's hand and the toilet door.
He can feel Gerard realise inside him as he comes down from his orgasm, shaking and weak. He's holding himself up with both hands on the wall, trying not to fall into a crumpled mess of euphoria on the floor when Gerard slowly pulls out if him.
Frank turns around and sees Gerard smiling down at him. He plants a gentle kiss on Frank's lips before stepping back and pulling his boxers and trousers up, Frank doing the same.
'You look hot in your work clothes,' Gerard mutters as he lights the cigarette placed between his lips, blatantly ignoring the No Smoking sign glaring down at him. Frank snorts.
'No, I do not,' he replies. Gerard merely smirks in response and blows smoke straight into Frank's face. He automatically reaches into his back pocket and pulls out the familiar object, nicking Gerard's lighter and lighting his own cigarette.
They smoke in silence, nothing but the lull of the train speeding along and the heavy odour to accompany them.
Frank takes the time to study Gerard, just sat on the toilet smoking slowly. His eyes gleamed in the artificial light of the train toilet, darkness already won over outside the window. His lips were thin as he inhaled, a slight crease on his forehead. The collar of his jacket was folded down again, a sight Frank had become used to now.
Before he really registers it, a pair of startling green eyes are latched onto his own, a mischievous spark ignited within them. Frank can feel the light blush creep over his neck, somewhat disguised by the scorpion tattoo his dad hates so much.
'Staring at me, huh?' Gerard asks, a nonchalant edge to his voice. Frank smiles slightly at Gerard's smirking features.
'Blatantly not,' he replies. Gerard emits a sound that somewhat resembles a laughs as he exhales. He continues to stare at Frank, looking straight into his dark brown eyes until the younger boy has to look away, the blush creeping onto his cheeks. Gerard laughs breathily, Frank certain it was a laugh this time. He can't help but smile at his shoes.
'My friend said, well, she seems to think you're bad for me,' Frank said suddenly, not quite sure how he even spoke the words in the first place. He looks up through his ebony fringe to see Gerard nod slowly.
'Does she now,' he says, a slightly mocking curious tone to his voice. Frank merely nods in reply.
'Frank,' Gerard begins, voice more sincere, and Frank looks up at him, 'she's right, I am bad for you. I'm bad for everyone.' There's a shallow crease in Gerard's forehead as he drops his cigarette into the toilet and flushes it, an uneasy feeling settling in Frank's stomach.

*

Frank had always loved Sunday mornings.
He woke at 11:30, the shaky rays of December sun leaking into his bedroom. His vision was foggy as something small and fluffy jumped up onto the bed and began devouring his face.
'Hey Verne,' Frank laughed, pushing her lightly away from his face and stroking her as he wiped the dog saliva from off himself with his duvet. Yeah, he named his dog after Jules Verne, his favourite writer. Call him sad, he thinks it suits her.
'Now, what shall we do today?' he asked Verne, who merely looked at him disdainfully in reply. Frank sighed.
'You too, huh?' Verne just buried her face against his chest and Frank continued stroking her, lying down with her in top of him.
'What am I gonna do, Verne?' he asked quietly. The dog took no notice of his comment and shut her eyes, laying her head on his chest.
'I don't know what to do. I mean, I like Gerard. I like spending time with him and the sex is a bit of a bonus, it's just, part of me thinks Katelyn's right. Part of me knows she's right. I don't want to upset her but I don't want to stop seeing Gerard,' Frank sighed deeply, 'any input?' He looked down at the snoozing form of Verne on his chest.
'Real helpful, Verne, thanks,' he mutters sarcastically before jumping up, causing the dog to awaken and bark loudly, and walking into the bathroom.

*

It's a Sunday night, fucking Sunday. He should be curled up on the sofa with Verne, watching some old Star Trek episodes or Die Hard, mouthing along with every line because he totally hasn't seen that film thousands of times.
He's not though, he's stood at the entrance to possibly the shittiest bar in all of Jersey, or rather the place he'd agreed to meet Gerard in.
Gerard had called him at about quarter to six. Frank had just finished his dinner of microwaved mac and cheese when his phone suddenly blast out 'God Save The Queen' by the Sex Pistols. He'd jumped about ten feet in the air before picking it up to be greeted by Gerard's voice, telling him to meet him at the bar at eight. Frank agreed, and here he was.
He pushed the door open and stepped inside, glad nonetheless to leave the nipping wind behind.
He took in the sight before him. The bar was practically empty, not to his surprise, and there was a lot of unoccupied cubicles around. One man was stood at the bar, gripping into the wood to keep him upright, slurring some kind of order at the very scary looking barman. The place is dimly lit and Frank can practically feel the grime that seems to occupy every surface.
Why the hell did Gerard ask him here?
Just as Frank thought this, he located the mystery man. He's stood at the bar, his hand wrapped around the waist of another young man who was whispering something into Gerard's ear which must of been fucking hilarious, judging by the raven haired mans laugh.
Frank felt a lump from in his throat, his stomach tightening. The familiar emotion of jealousy overcame him as he watched the scene before him. He cursed himself; he shouldn't be jealous, it's not like him and Gerard are fucking married or anything, they're just...actually, what are they? Frank certainly doesn't fucking know.
The other man had his back to Frank so the moment Gerard looked in his direction, he caught Franks slightly hurt eyes. He smiled and leaned forwards, whispering something into the guys ear and patting him on the back before leaving the mans shocked face and walking towards Frank.
'Hi,' he said when he reached him, smiling so big it showed off his pointy teeth, 'sorta didn't think you would come.' Frank just stared at him, expression blank, trying specifically hard to disguise the hurt he felt.
'Why am I here?' Frank asked bluntly. Gerard smirked.
'Well, all the places we haven't had sex in number two: a bar cubicle,' Gerard said seductively.
Just like that, all Frank's bitter feelings melted away and he became putty in Gerard's hands.
It still felt so good, though.

*

On Monday, Frank woke up an hour and a half late for work with the biggest hangover in the history of big hangovers.
He took one look at the clock and felt like crying, burying his head in the warm pillow before dragging himself through his morning routine as quickly as possible in the state he was in and running out the door.
8:30 he's supposed to be at work. He turns up at 10:25, pretty sure he looks like elephant shit and reeks of alcohol.
Katelyn glares at him knowingly as he takes his seat, Frank guiltily avoiding her gaze and the gaze of the rest of the office hawks. He savours the five minutes he has sat at his desk before the boss calls him into his office.
He obeys the orders and enters the room, nervous spasms in his stomach. He can't get fired, he can't get fucking fired. That would mean he couldn't pay the rent. I mean, it's not like he'd get another job. He'd be homeless and wouldn't be able to afford food, meaning Verne would probably starve to death. And neither Katelyn or Gerard would want to be seen with some tramp, so he'd have no friends and-
'Mr. Iero?' his boss questions sternly. Frank snaps himself out of his ridiculous thoughts as looks into his bosses eyes.
'Yes?' he asks, timidly. His boss sighs.
'You turned up late for work today, Frank, I think we both know the reason why.' He slightly raises a greying eyebrow at Frank who offers a sheepish smile.
'I don't fire people because they turn up late for work with a hangover,' he says, and Frank can feel himself relax, the worry rushing out of his system, 'but I do have to give you a warning: don't let it happen again, okay?' Frank nods and goes to stand up.
'Thank you, Mr. Fitchley.' He merely nods in response as Frank walks out his office and almost straight into Katelyn.
'Cigarette break. Now.'
He sighs, but nods anyway, following her out into the shitty patio.
'You went out with Gerard last night, didn't you?' she asks, getting straight to the point. Frank shrugs.
'Might have.' She slaps around the head a little bit harder then Frank thinks necessary.
'Ow!' She glares at him in response to his pathetic outburst.
'Why? You knew you had work, you always have work, so why?' Frank shrugs again.
'I don't really know. He asked me to meet him, so I did. I didn't plan on getting absolutely shitfaced,' he says, pulling out a cigarette and searching for his lighter.
'Yeah, you did though,' Katelyn reminds him, stealing one of his cigarettes. Frank glares at her but she just raises an eyebrow and he sighs, locating his lighter and flicking it into life, savouring the bitter fumes.
'I didn't plan on it though,' he repeats. She sighs, stealing Frank's lighter as well, this time with no protest from the man.
'Yes, but that's the thing, he could make you do anything. He's using you, Frank, when are you going to see that?'
'He couldn't make me do anything, I'm still my own person, you know,' Frank says defensively. Katelyn raises her eyebrow and lights her cigarette before passing the lighter back to Frank.
'Just, do something for me,' Katelyn begins, Frank nodding, 'don't speak to him or see him or text him or anything, for a week, okay?' Frank nods slowly, processing the information.
'Easy.'

*

It's Saturday night and Frank has stuck to his word; he hasn't had any contact with Gerard since last Sunday. Verne is resting with her head in his crotch, sleeping, as he watches Star Wars: A New Hope. His personal favourite of the Star Wars films is The Empire Strikes Back, but he was in a New Hope sort of mood.
He was just about to fall asleep, eyelids fluttering, when his phone went off. 'Today' by the Smashing Pumpkins blasted out, drowning out the noise of Star Wars as he pauses the DVD and picks up his phone. Only one person has that ringtone.
'Hey Katelyn,' he says before stifling a yawn.
'Hey Frank,' she replies, 'just wanted to make sure you'd stuck to the deal.' Frank smiles to himself.
'Why Katelyn, of course I have.' She laughed on the other end.
'Fucking good. If I had my way, you'd never see him again,' she said, only a joking tinge to her voice. Frank laughed.
'Jesus, you sound like my mother,' Frank remarked and he could practically feel the slap she would've given him.
'Prick,' she muttered, 'what are you doing, anyway?'
'Watching A New Hope,' Frank replied. Immediately, they launched into their favourite dialogue of the film.
'I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master.
Only a master of evil, Darth,' they said in unison, mimicking both the voices and even adding the sound effect of a lightsaber clash at the end. They break out into ripples of laughter, Frank feeling a warmth creep into his chest at speaking with Katelyn like they always used to.
Maybe time without Gerard isn't so bad.

*

Frank turned over in his bed, sighing and opening his eyes after another failed attempt to fall asleep. The clock reads 5:11am. His eyes just seem to get heavier at the sight and he personally thanks Buddha it's not a week night.
He rolls onto his back and stares at the glow in the dark stars stuck to his ceiling. Why can't he just fucking fall asleep? His been trying for four hours now to no avail. His eyes and his brain are aching, his body playing a symphony of exhaustion and yet...nothing. He just lies there, wide awake but with his eyes shut.
He reaches out for his phone and goes to dial Katelyn's number before he remembers the time; she'll fucking kill him if he wakes her up now. He closes his eyes and considers his options: either he calls Gerard and stops himself from going insane, but risks the Wrath Of Katelyn, or he doesn't and battles against himself for sleep, again. He sighs and dials Gerard's number. He'll deal with Katelyn later, if she even finds out. Fuck that, she always finds out.
It rings for longer than Frank is comfortable with and he considers just hanging up and trying to sleep when Gerard's voice comes from the other end.
'Frank?' he asks, voice groggy from sleep and suddenly Frank feels bad, he was sleeping too, after all.
'Gerard, hey.'
'What the fuck do you want, it's quarter past five in the morning?' he asks. Frank sighs.
'Yeah, sorry for waking you, it's just, I can't fucking sleep and I kinda needed to talk to someone before I went insane.'
'Ever heard of a thing called music? Or an iPod?' Gerard asked mockingly. Frank stuck his tongue out even though he knew Gerard couldn't see him.
'Whatthefuckever, I needed human interaction,' Frank replies. Gerard chuckles lightly.
'Well, you've got it, so, I'll be off, bye,' he teases.
'Don't hang up, you prick,' Frank says, feigning annoyance.
'Okay, okay,' Gerard responds, voice laced with fake exasperation and Frank can't help but smile into the darkness of his room.
'So, what do you wanna talk about?' Gerard asked. Frank thinks for a second before diving in at the deep end.
'Do you wanna come round? Like, to my place?' he asks, biting his lip as soon as the question leaves his mouth.
'Frank, it's five o'clock in the fucking morning. In December,' Gerard responds and Frank feels his heart sink a little.
'Yeah, I know, forget I said it,' Frank mumbles.
'I'll be there in twenty minutes,' Gerard says before the line goes dead and a smile forces itself onto Franks lips.

*

Sure enough, twenty minutes later there's a knock at the door.
Frank walks over from his sofa and opens it to be greeted by a slightly pissed off looking Gerard. He's wrapped up in his velvet jacket, hair still ruffled from sleep and his cheeks tinged pink from the cold.
'Do you know how cold it is outside at five fucking thirty in the morning in December?' he asks and Frank let's him step past into the flat.
'Yeah, sorry,' Frank says quietly, 'do you want a coffee?' Gerard nods in response and Frank walks into the kitchen, suddenly self-conscious about his flannel pyjamas and faded Black Flag t-shirt.
He puts the kettle on just as Gerard walks in, holding the Star Wars DVD Frank was watching earlier.
'Star Wars?' he asks slightly sceptically, raising an eyebrow and smirking at Frank.
'Yeah, Star Wars. What's wrong with Star Wars?' Frank asks. Gerard shakes his head.
'Nothing...if you're a geeky fourteen year old boy.'
'Hey!' Frank says defensively, 'Star Wars is awesome, okay?' Gerard just shrugs and places the DVD on the counter, pulling out a cigarette and pointing it at Frank's t-shirt.
'Black Flag are awesome. Do you mind if I smoke?' Frank shakes his head and goes to get two mugs out of the cupboard, purposely getting out the Star Wars one for himself and the Black Flag one for Gerard.
'So, why couldn't you sleep?' Gerard questions, blowing smoke out into Frank's kitchen. The younger man shrugs.
'How the fuck should I know, I just couldn't.' Gerard nods.
'Well, I could so, thank a lot, prick.' Frank turns to look at Gerard who just winks at him.
The kettle boils and Frank spoons some coffee into the mugs before pouring the scalding water on top.
'Milk?' Frank asks. Gerard shakes his head and Frank hands him the mug. Gerard raises an eyebrow as Frank grips his own.
'Nice mug.' Frank throws him a fake glare and leads the way into the living room.
'Any particular reason you asked me here this morning?' Gerard asks after they've sat down. Frank leans his head on the back of the sofa and looks up at the ceiling.
'What are we, Gerard?' he asks suddenly, a strange feeling biting at his insides.
'What do you mean?' Gerard asks with no confusion in his voice.
'Seriously,' Frank begins, lifting his head up to look at Gerard, 'I mean, it's not like we're boyfriends but we've fucked a fair few times. We're not really just friends but...I don't know.' Gerard looks at Frank seriously.
'We're us, Frank, nothing more; nothing less.' Frank doesn't respond for a while, just looking at Gerard.
'When was the last time you slept with someone else?' Frank asked bluntly. Gerard looks into his eyes before he answers.
'Not for a while now.' Some kind of spark in his beautiful eyes makes Frank believe him. He nods and takes a sip of his still-a-little-too-hot coffee.
A silence descends over the two of them as they think about each others words. Were they boyfriends? They could of been but somehow the term doesn't suit the two of them. They weren't quite there anyway, not in Frank's eyes.
'What do you want us to be?' Gerard asks curiously. Frank shrugs.
'I'm not really sure. What do you want us to be?' Gerard just shrugs as well.
'I've thought about just deleting your number and never seeing you again before, but I just couldn't do it,' Frank states honestly.
'I've thought about fucking other guys whilst I was...doing whatever ever it we're doing with you but, I just couldn't.' This information shocks Frank and he can't help but feel elated at the confession.
'I love you, Gerard,' Frank blurts out, stomach clenching at his impulsiveness. Gerard looks him straight in the eyes.
'I know, Frank,' he replies before wrapping an arm around Frank's shoulder, the younger man leaning into Gerard's chest. Frank can feel a wave of delight crash over him as they fall asleep on the sofa, cigarette burning out in Gerard's hand.
Sign up to rate and review this story