Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Guardians of the Eternal Phoenix

The Guardians of the Eternal Phoenix

by bladeraider

A new prophecy and the arrival of a mysterious character in Private Drive. The magical world is shaken to the roots and the Phoenix rises to end the darkness

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Fleur,Harry,Tonks - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2012-06-10 - Updated: 2012-06-10 - 801 words

?Blocked
Prologue

“To the Boy-Who-Lived!” cheered Mr.Hunt, the Head of the Department of Mysteries, raising his glass of Firewhiskey.

“To the Boy-Who-Lived!” chorused his collegues.

The party was going on in full swing deep within the bowels of the Ministry of Magic. And why shouldn’t it? After all the people had precious little to celebrate in the last few years, thanks to the bloke named Lord Voldemort.

“You know, I still can’t believe its finally over!” exclaimed one the Unspeakables with a slight slur in his voice.

“Yeah, it still hasn’t sinked in” agreed Mr.Hunt.

“Unbelievable! A one year old child defeating the most powerful Dark Lord of the century! How the hell did he do it?”

He never got his answer because at that moment the door of the room slammed open revealing a man who looked to be in his mid 40’s, panting and out of breadth.

“Max!” exclaimed Mr. Hunt, ”Where’s the fire?”

“The Blue Phoenix has activated” panted Max.

Silence

Then the room was in an uproar.

“What! Are you sure? It has been inactive since it was discovered and that was 1500 years ago!”

“Positive! I was just in my office getting happily drunk when I heard a beeping sound. I realized that one of the prophecies must have activated. I opened the closet and found the device keyed to the Blue Phoenix beeping and glowing. At first I thought that I had to much firewhiskey but the I realized that it was real. Then I ran to inform you.”

Mr. Hunt was silent for a minute, then said “Let’s go!”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Blue Phoenix was an interesting artifact. One day, about 1500 years ago, it appeared out of nowhere in the Hall of Prophecies. Much research has been done on it since that time but no head or tail could be determined about its origin or how and why it appeared in the Hall.

Secondly, the artifact was made of pure blue crystal and was of the shape of a phoenix with its wings spread wide and beak closed. The phoenix was intricately designed and looking at it closely one could make out each and every one of its feathers. This baffled the keepers of the Hall. Since the artifact appeared in the Hall of Prophecies they assumed that it was also a prophecy. But prophecies are recorded in glass balls and they appear in the Hall with the initials of the concerned parties written on it. But this…they just couldn’t figure out what to make of it.

So they shifted the artifact to a vault and made a device keyed to it to inform them if it showed any type of activity. Years have passed and the keepers of the Hall have given up hope. The Blue Phoenix never showed any sign of activity.

Until today.

As Mr. Hunt opened the door of the vault, he found that the Blue Phoenix was glowing with a soft blue light.

“Max, is it safe to pick it up?”

“I believe so Director” Max answered nervously.

Not totally convinced , Mr. Hunt cast a few spells on the artifact. Finding no anomaly, he carefully picked it up and moved it to a nearby table. The Phoenix felt warm to his touch.

The rest of the Unspeakables stood surrounding the table with a mixture of apprehension, anticipation and excitement.

“Whatever happens here must not leave this room until I say so. Is that clear?” Mr. Hunt barked. Everyone nodded.

Suddenly the crystal began to glow more brightly, emitting pulsing blue light. Then its beak opened and a voice filled the room.

The Heir of the Guardian approaches….The Chosen shall be seeked…..The Dark Lord shall rise……A great tragedy shall strike…..The Shifter and the Veela shall play their part….And from the ashes The Phoenix shall rise….. The Heir of the Guardian approaches…

The phoenix then glowed blindingly. Slowly the light began to take shape and moments later formed the exact replica of the artifact. The glow emitting from it cast a warm and comforting sensation among everyone. The glow then intensified even more and everyone in the room shielded their eyes.

Soon the glow subsided and everyone opened their eyes to find a majestic pure white phoenix with blue highlights on its feathers perched on the table. The phoenix seemed to be observing the people standing around it. Then it disappeared in a flash of blue flame.

Pindrop silence followed the ominous pronouncement and the appearance of the majestic phoenix. Pure white phoenixes were supposed to be myths.

“What does this mean, Director?” Max asked, breaking the silence.

Mr. Hunt appeared to be deep in thought. After a while he answered,

“It means that dark times are not yet over”
Sign up to rate and review this story