Categories > Original > Horror

Corpse Party - Shattered Friendships

by DeathBeeWillGetYou

A group of friends sit in a circle until they're sucked into their favourite horror game.

Category: Horror - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-10 - Updated: 2012-07-11 - 1829 words

?Blocked
Corpse Party: Shattered Friendships

Chapter One - Otome : Lost

It was dark outside and it was raining. Me and my friends were sitting in a circle, smiling and laughing, talking about things from our past.

I was sitting next to Jin as she pulled out a weird paper doll. Something familiar to all of us. We all froze for a second. We didn't know if it'd work at all.

"That's from a silly horror game! There's no way that could work in real life!" I was kidding myself, I was superstitious and I believed that it may make us friends forever, but at what cost?

It was then that Ryunosuke opened his mouth, "Nothing could possibly go wrong. After all, it was just a game," he smiled and grabbed part of the paper figure and the rest of us followed. Some slower than others.

All of us were secretly nervous. All of us; Me, Jin, Ryunosuke, Hitomi, Kaito, Chitose, and Erize. Hitomi shook and grabbed the [Sachiko Ever After Doll]. All 7 of us were scared, even Jin, even though she hid it.

"Everyone, you know what to do."

And we all drew in a breath, chanting in unison.

"Sachiko, we beg of you. Sachiko, we beg of you. Sachiko, we beg of you. Sachiko, we beg of you. Sachiko, we beg of you. Sachiko, we beg of you. Sachiko, we beg of you."

We all pulled as hard as we could, Erize shuddering as she heard the paper tear. Her heart pounding. "Are you sure nothing bad's going to happen?"

Kaito looked over at her, "Of course not. It was just a video game."

Of course when he said that, thunder sounded. Just like the game. The light went out and Jin started cackling. She had planned this. To scare all of us. But something unexpected happened. Pieces of the room fell on all of us, knocking us out. And when we came to, we were somewhere unfamiliar...

It was a school. It was dark and eerie, making my stomach churn. The floor boards, broken and the windows wouldn't budge. It was exactly like it was in the game. I got up and tried to make my way through the darkness. I was scared and the air was stifling. I tried to control my breathing and keep calm, but my eyes teared up uncontrollably.

I left the room in a hurry, stepping on something warm and soft. The gooey substance enveloped itself around my shoe, making me cringe and gag in disgust. I didn't know what it was, I didn't want to know... I heard laughing from down the hallway, making me feel hopeful. I ran towards the sound, screaming out Jin's name. Hoping she'd come get me and that she was in fact, in the same dimension as me.

"Jin! Jin! Come here, follow my voice!" I ran, looking for her, tripping and falling in what I think may have been a human at some point in time. It was different from the substance I stepped in earlier, this was fresh. As if this person had just died. I looked at it in horror and gagged, swallowing the acidic fluid as I looked up, noticing holes above the spot I was in. Expanding all the way up to the final and uppermost level. There was no way of knowing who this once was. Their remains splattered all over the ground and the smell was disgusting.

Jin walked up to me and took a picture of the freshly dead remains I was sitting in, "Nice to see you alive. I love this place. It's everything I ever dreamed of."

I figured she'd be calm in this place. In fact, she was in her element. She was cool and collected, taking pictures of every dead body she encountered.

She took my hand and helped me up, smiling and brushing me off. "Are you okay?" She looked at me and felt bad, she knew how squeamish I was so she offered to trade clothes with me. I agreed, anything to get the smell off of me.

My clothes were tight on her, even after high school, she had developed even more. Her clothes... they were very loose on me. I hadn't changed since I was 14, same height, same weight... everything. My pants were a little long, but they stayed on fine, but I didn't have the chest to fill out the shirt while her chest burst out of my small, button up shirt. I glanced over, jealous.

"Come along, Otome," she held my hand, dried blood covered both our hands and I was exhausted. I didn't want to be here anymore. I had been here for less than an hour and yet, it had felt like forever. Jin looked sorrowful in a way, despite being somewhere she loves so much. She must have been thinking of her wife. Hitomi must be so lonely...

"We need to find a way out, Jin. I have a husband and kids to return to," I shivered, thinking of them. I just told them I'd be gone for the night, I couldn't bare to think of what they'd go through trying to find me.

"I understand, I need to find Hitomi, I know she's here somewhere...," She looked out into the darkness, still taking pictures. I on the other hand, stopped to read every piece of paper I saw. I needed something to distract myself. I was trying to see if this, indeed, was the same school.

Everything definitely pointed to the fact that this was [Tenjin Elementary School]. Familiar notes and the news article... The news article about the teacher that killed 4 of his students. I sobbed when I realized that I was trapped in a place I thought was only fiction. I didn't want to admit it was real. There was no way it was real. I was 25, I shouldn't believe in this kind of stuff. It was childish. I was too old for this stuff.

"Otome, look," She pointed to the 2-1 class room door. On it, messy words were scrawled across the filthy panels. It was a message from Chitose. Telling us to meet here so we can find eachother. He was a fool thinking we'd all meet each other, alive.

I shook my head and looked at Jin, "Wasn't 2-1 our homeroom back in Tengoku Academy?" I looked up at the sign, nervously.

"Yeah it was, we got in so much trouble in that room, but our teacher was always in such good spirits," She smiled and opened the door, walking in before me. The desks were tiny and we both looked at the chalk board, there was a drawing of an adult with scissors and 4 small figures. The small figures were covered in what looked like blood. It was thick and dry, I ran my fingers across it and shuddered.

"Oh god, those poor children," I looked at Jin, we already knew the story. And now, we were part of the story. What if we couldn't find each other?

"Let's split up," Jin's blue eyes pierced me, "We'll cover more ground that way."

"No. No, we're not doing that. Bad things happen when we split up. When anybody splits up. Someone will die!" Tears flowed from my eyes, soaking my collar. "I don't want anyone to die. Nobody should have to die. No one..."

Jin rolled her eyes and walked with me, coughing a bit from the smell on the clothes she was now wearing. She was a little annoyed by me, it seemed, but something inside her heart told her to stay with me. To keep me safe.

As we left the room, the doors shut and locked, preventing us from proceeding further, a ghost of a small child approached us. I screamed and threw a desk with her while Jin backed up against the wall, "Leave us alone," Jin's voice echoed through out the room, "Leave us alone," the ghost proceeded to back us into a corner, "LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE!" She ran towards the child with a chair, swinging it until she realized it was futile. Her arms became tired and she slammed her heal furiously into the door, trying to break it down until we heard a click....

The door opened and the girl disappeared, letting out a giggle as she did. I sat on the ground, shocked, hyperventilating from fear. I had never seen her react that way, was she actually scared?

There was no doubt that even a little bit of time in this place would cause one to go insane, but what was it going to do to all of us? Would any of us make it out alive?

I was tired, exhausted from crying. We walked to the [Infirmary] and I layed down on the bed, almost falling asleep right as my head hit the pillow. I blinked a few times, staring at the black window, thinking of the situation at hand. I was so tired, eventually my thoughts drifted more and more towards sleep. I was hoping that all this would be gone when I woke up.

When I fell asleep, Jin left the room. She wandered off looking for Hitomi, leaving her phone in the [Infirmary]. When I awoke, I was in the same hell. Jin's phone next to me. I picked it up and looked at the message left for me. Saying to come find her.

This was not the time to be playing hide and seek, we had to find a way to escape. I ran out, Jin's phone in hand. I carefully made my way through the dark corridors, breathing heavily, the stagnant air filling my lungs. My throat still burned from swallowing my own vomit. I ran everywhere. I couldn't find her.

It wasn't 'til much later I heard her screams, but she seemed to allude me when I ran to where the screams came from. So I made my way to back to room 2-1. When I came in I saw blood sprayed everywhere and a note on the ground next to the torn apart remains of a girl. Her face was ripped to shreds, her innards stretched across the room like sick party decorations. I couldn't tell who it was until I saw the charm next to the note.

"Your friends all secretly hate you, even those who love you hate you. You will be betrayed."

I recognized the handwriting. I knew who this charm belonged to. I knew this girl and it made me sick. I didn't know if I'd ever find out what happened to her.I crawled to the corner of the room and began to puke, heaving and gagging. The acid coming out started turning red, it was eroding my throat away and I couldn't do anything about it. I started crying, sobbing as I continued to vomit. I never expected to see someone I knew....

-Chapter One-
-End-
Sign up to rate and review this story