Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha

You Are the Moon

by InuKag

Inuyasha Catches Kagome in a private moment... he wasn't supposed to see... Urging him to spill his heart, but will Kagome feel strong enough towards him to become his mate?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-07-29 - Updated: 2006-07-29 - 3732 words - Complete

?Blocked
You are the Moon
You are the Moon



I do not own Inuyasha, at all... sniffles... nor do I own the song below... it is fabulously done by the wonderful band the hush sound... so off we go!

Yay no more disclaimer!!! Story is mine... characters and settings are not.

___________________________________________


"Inuyasha...?" She called out, so quietly in the darkness that threatened and surrounded them. From the way her voice quivered slightly, it was obvious that she was frightened. Where had he disappeared to? Calm yourself Kagome... He's here... somewhere. Suddenly she felt as if there was a form looming over her. It didn't feel threatening, yet it felt as if... she were simply being watched. Out of the abyss, there was a soft whisper.

"Kagome... Shhh, do you feel that?" Following the sound of the subtle voice, she found the hanyou crouched in the corner of a willow tree's brook. Kneeling beside him she wondered what he meant. She didn't feel any demonic auras... she just felt him. Where had he taken her? It was so sudden... She tried to imagine what he meant when he grabbed her wrist and pulled her instinctually to him, leaning her back against his frame as he settled beneath the stars against the willow's trunk.


"I ... I don't feel anything Inuyasha... Are you alright?" She tried to catch his gaze, but his face was turned upward towards the dimming sky.

"The loneliness... it... it's gone." That was his quiet response as he drew his gaze from the night sky to her brightly shining, anticipating blue eyes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

Shadows all around you as you surface from the dark
emerging from the gentle grip of night's unfolding arms
darkness, darkness everywhere, do you feel alone?
The subtle grace of gravity, the heavy weight of stone


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

*FLASHBACK*

"Kagome... come on! We don't have all day!" She had had enough, this was her last straw... why was he always trying to push her buttons? The others looked on in a state of shock when he had insisted on collecting the shards from Kouga peacefully.

"Inuyasha...! SIT BOY!" She huffed at him as he plummeted to the ground, uttering a multitude of curses and names her way. "You are so frustrating! I know you want to get the last two shards, I KNOW you want to finish this, but I have had enough, IM GOING HOME!" The spell wore off, the hanyou had tried pulling himself from the ground, to stop her when...

"SIT"

He heard it again.

"AND DON'T YOU DARE FOLLOW ME INUYASHA!" She left without another word. Inuyasha however, never found it in him to listen to anyone... let alone her. He waited a good half an hour before jumping into the well himself.


~~~~~~~*~

He sat uncomfortably in the old god tree as he awaited night fall. When he was certain that she would be getting herself ready to slumber, he would talk to her.

Slipping quietly to her window sill, he was taken back almost violently at the sight that he saw. There was Kagome, dressed in a tank top, so she called it, and those 'pajama' pants that she always wore to bed. Her hair was up, swept away from her face and she was clinging a pillow tightly in her arms, beneath her chin. She had been curled up quietly sobbing in a corner of her bed. He didn't know what to do, sliding the window open he could hear the last remnants of a silent prayer that she had apparently been reciting to Kami through her fervent tears.

"Why? Why must he always act like such a childish baka? Kami I love him so much! Why do I have to be so revolting? Why can't I be beautiful enough for him? I'm so inadequate, I am a joke... Kami Sama why can't I just forget about that stubborn hanyou? Why... why ... why do I have to love Inuyasha so much?" /Her face had been buried within the feathered material when he finally pulled his courage together and came to stand directly in front of her. Something inside of him told him that this moment was private, that he shouldn't intrude... but she had to know. This has gone on for too long. /Baka, she's right, and you are going to lose her if you don't let her know what you feel... As cliché as it sounded in his mind, he had to figure out a way of telling her he loved her more than anything in the world. Softly he mumbled her name... her response scared him as she tensed up and gasped quite loudly.

"Inu... Inuyasha...?" She looked up to face him as he started to kneel before her.

"Kagome please don't cry... you are wrong..." Her eyes glared angrily at him, thinking he meant when she called him a Baka she was wrong. Inuyasha realized how it may have sounded and stammered his words ... trying to explain. "I... I... I mean, when you called yourself ugly, and not good enough, a joke... I know I wasn't supposed to hear that but... you are wrong."

"Inuyasha...?" She gasped as he brought himself beside her on her mattress. Seizing her hand, he brought his lips crashing upon hers. When the kiss broke, her eyes fluttered open... they were puffy from crying, and she was ashamed. Trying to turn her head away from him however, proved in vain. Inuyasha brought her eyes to his.

"Kag...Kagome I... you... you said you loved me as a half demon... before... at the castle, then... well, you ... you said it again just now. Did you really mean that? After all the shit I have done to you... you still love me?" She nodded fiercely and closed her eyes forcefully, trying not to get lost in his beautiful amber orbs.

"Please don't think I'm horrible for thinking I could ever have you... please Inuyasha, as much as we have gone through together, you ... you are my best friend." She stopped momentarily choking back a hiccupped cry. "I... I can't help it, I just... I just can't. I know you love her... even in death you always will. I cannot take her place and I wouldn't ever want to."

"Kikyo..." He whispered, almost too silent to be heard. Kagome nodded then forced her eyes open to look into his soul. She pierced through to his aching heart.

"But does that mean that there could never be a place for me other than a shard detector from a faraway place in the future? Does that mean... that... that you could never love /me/?" It hurt him so much to see the way her face contorted with tears of pain at her own words. Words and thoughts that he made her think. He pulled her sobbing body into his Haori and let her cry.

"Kagome... why can't you see the perfection I do?" She stopped, holding her breath and looked up at him.

"Whah... What? Inuyasha... what did you just say?"

"You heard me baka... I said, can't you see the perfection that I see when I look at you? Kami, you have no idea how much it hurts to see those blue eyes filling with tears of pain that I caused. You are right, I will always have a place for her in my heart, but the rest of my heart... the parts that matter most, well..." How the hell do I fucking say this? He had to catch his breath...

"Inu..." he cut her off.

"Kagome, my heart belongs to you." His eyes were closed, but he still saw the expression her face held. "It always has..." He whispered into her ear. "Come with me somewhere... I want to take you somewhere that I have never taken anyone..." She looked a bit fearful, though he could not understand why, he felt the strong need to ease her fears. "Do you trust me Kagome?" He looked into her blue pools with an air of hope. She simply nodded and let him pick her up in his arms. He wasn't looking at her, but he knew her eyes never left his face.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

You don't see what you possess, a beauty calm and clear
it floods the sky and blurs the darkness like a chandelier
all the light that you possess is skewed by lakes and seas
the shattered surface, so imperfect, is all that you believe


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

*END FLASHBACK.... *

She was huddled calmly in his arms, against the willow. The leaves were almost covering their presence... it was as if it were acting as some sort of veil. His voice brought her from her thoughts.

"Kagome, I... I want to ask you something serious... something that I have thought about a lot since I realized how much I ... I... need you in my life..." She turned slightly in his arms, enough to see his eyes upon her.

"What is it Inuyasha?" He seemed nervous, but he let out a sigh and continued.

"Selfishly, I want to keep you here forever, but I know that may not be possible... Kagome, which is why this is so hard. I... I... know that I don't deserve to, but I want to have you forever."

"Inuyasha, in case you haven't figured it out, you have always had my entire heart. Even before we met, even before things got well... better than you running around trying to kill me, I knew that you might never feel anything towards me but... I still gave you my entire heart. Inuyasha..." She cupped his cheek within her soft tiny palm and continued. "Inuyasha you already have me forever." His eyes threatened to spill the flood that had been accumulating.

"Kagome, I want you to be my... my mate, I want you to really be mine forever... I want to be yours forever... no one else's, I've always protected you, I always will... Kagome I would go anywhere to find you, to/ be/ with you... whether that is here... or 500 years from here. Domo AiShiteru... Kagome... will you?" He was somewhat afraid of her response. He was well aware that she knew all about the whole 'taking a mate' thing. It was probably one of the real reasons she never took off with Kouga. He had been there, blushing, when Sango had explained the whole thing... in it's entirety to her and Miroku after they had first met up with the wolf as a tachi. He was so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he hadn't noticed Kagome's whispered reply... or her lips brushing shyly along his.

"Nani...?" He uttered against her hot breath.

"Hai Inuyasha..." He looked at her as if clueless, and started to shyly tangle some strands of her hair within his fingers.

"Kagome... are... are you sure? Once it happens... there's no turning back."

"More than anything in this world and mine, I want to be with you forever... please, I think that we have both waited far too long for each other. Inuyasha..." He was overjoyed, and yet nervous as hell...

"Nani Kagome?"

"I want to feel your touch... please... Inuyasha...make the hurt go away..." Her tension escaped her body as he pulled her closer and kissed her deeply. He couldn't believe she had just said yes... he couldn't imagine in his entire life that he would be holding this woman in his arms. That she would be his forever. Carefully, Inuyasha shifted his body and gently laid Kagome on the soft grass below them. He broke their kiss momentarily to remove his Haori, then to lay it on the grass beside her. Curiously she watched him, he lifted her body and replaced it upon the fire-rat cloak and started to nip at her neck. Slowly, they explored each other... shedding clothes that happened to be in the way and tossing them aside. Inuyasha lifted his frame from her to gaze upon her body when she was finally revealed... without the strange clothing that stood as a binding to her beauty. At first she was ashamed. His expression was unreadable. For all she knew he thought her hideous, and wished he could take it all back. Inuyasha had to catch his breath, she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen, lying before him awaiting /him/... bathed in the specks of moonlight that were strewn from the willow's leaves. He was brought out of his revel when he distinctly smelled her tears.

"Kagome... please don't cry... why are you crying?" His hand stroked her face; he nuzzled his nose into her cheek, kissing away the tears that dared to grace her stunning face.

"You... You think my body is... repulsive... Inuyasha Gomen nasi... I ... I..." trying to calm her, Inuyasha stroked her hair and let a 'purr', as she called it, resound in her ears.

"Kami you baka, I think you are lovely beyond words... you took my breath away is all." A sniffle and look of shock came from his beloved that lie beneath him.

"Really? You... you really think I am beautiful?" Her hands rested lightly on his bared chest.

"More than that Kagome..." She breathed in erratically, in a way that Inuyasha had never heard before. It was like a tearful gasp, this time he knew that the tears that fell from her blue eyes were not that of shame, or discomfort... but instead they were joyful; they were for him. He felt her arms snake beneath his armpits to stroke his back, pulling him to her lips. As he kissed her, her hands laced in his hair, eventually rubbing his ears. A low pleasurable growl emanated from him as he fiercely nipped at her neck... trailing down her body. When he reached her hip, he decided that it was his favorite part of her body. So soft, delicate and hidden from the world most of the time... he took his claw and gently scratched a small mark there, that... he determined, would be where she would display his mark. Her body arched at the slight tingle that she received from his score, and let out a deep sigh as he continued onward. For a minute she felt nothing but anticipation towards the man that hovered over her. Finally, she felt his hands traveling up her legs... gently urging them apart as he came to her inner thighs. She let her head fall back and closed her eyes as she suddenly felt him touching her most private places. Her body writhed as his fingers began to move in and out of her core, sending shivers down her spine. She could feel the warmth of his tongue snaking around her most pleasurable nub, pressing lightly with every heavy breath that escaped her until she could take no more. Giving in to the torture that his ministrations were causing, her body started to shudder. Her body arched, as a silent scream reflected upon her lips. Inuyasha grinned at her response to his simple touches, wondering what would happen if it had been him ... instead of his fingers. When he could tell she had calmed a little, he positioned his now stiffened self before her awaiting breach. Softly, he looked into her eyes pleading with her.

"It's... It's okay Inuyasha... I want you to." She wanted so desperately to feel him inside of her... to be a part of her body. Inuyasha was nervous, when demons are intimate... they mark their lover as their mate... this was something he had never done before. The one thing that worried him was hurting her. Her calming aura made him less tense as he brought his lips upon hers.

"I'm sorry..." he chimed in her ear. In a single push, he brought himself past her maidenhood. He could smell the blood, but there were no tears. Kagome felt no pain... there was a slight pressure but his soothing voice seemed to have made all the pain fade before it came. It felt as if they were made especially for each other, she still had to adjust to the feeling of having something lodged in the void of her womanhood. She gasped out of surprise when Inuyasha slowly began to rock his hips against hers. The feeling was incredible, and she only wanted more. If it were possible she wanted him to venture deeper within the depths of her body. Pulling her arms around his neck she locked his eyes with her own. What she saw there was purely a sight that she couldn't even imagine up in her dreams... her fantasies.

Pure and untainted love.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

I will bring a mirror, so silver, so exact
so precise and so pristine, a perfect pane of glass


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

In short huffs of breath, he felt her reaching her end... Now Inuyasha... he knew that this was the only time he could mark her to where he knew she wouldn't feel it. Lifting her body gently, he pulled out of her slowly. Then, in an almost inhuman way... he brought his lips to her delicate hip, softly kissing his intended spot. Gripping her hips he moved back down her body and replaced his member with a single finger. She groaned in protest as he left her warmth and watched him as he lowered back down to her hips. Scraping gently at a spot that he knew would bring her the pleasure he needed; he returned his lips to the tiny score that he had placed earlier. As Kagome's body started to quiver once more, he sped up the pace he had picked up and lowered his fangs upon her hip. Biting down, she felt a wave flow through her as she arched into his jaws. Quickly removing both his fangs and finger, he thrust himself back within her in a hard and fast burst of pleasure. Her screams this time, did not go unheard. He was slightly thankful for the veil that the leaves of the willow tree had created. It shielded them from any onlookers that may have heard the cries of passion now coming from the both of them.

"Inu... Oh Inu... sha... Kami please... don't stop... more..." Her pleas were obliged as the silver haired hanyou gripped her delicate hips and pushed within her at a feverous pace. She gripped his shoulder blades tightly as her body began to tingle. It was a feeling that she had never felt before. Looking up at her lover, she could see that he was desperately trying to hold on to the moment, as if wanting it to last forever. She heard a jumbled version of her name fall from his lips as his warmth flowed through her. At the added pleasure she buried her head in the nook between his neck and shoulder, tightly holding him to her and biting at the skin there to muffle the intensity of their release. He thrust a few more times, each slower than the next until she could feel his body become limp above her. Mustering up the energy, Inuyasha brought his hand to sweep the sweat drenched hair from Kagome's face and kissed it softly.

"Kami Kagome, I wish you could see how beautiful you really are to me." She wanted to cry again, but she held back... looking into his eyes, she felt his adoration. Even if it was only briefly, it was as if she were seeing herself through his eyes... and he was right, she was in fact the most beautiful creature in the world. Finally, he pulled away and lay beside her. She was disappointed when the pressure of his body left, but soon she felt his strong arm snake behind her back and rest on the spot where he had bitten her... pulling her close. She drifted off to a peaceful sleep safely in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

When they awoke the next morning, they were still veiled within the bellowing leaves that hung from the willow branches. That and the realization of the sleeping beauty beside him caused him to revel in delight at the fact that it had not just been another one of his dreams. She stirred slowly coming to consciousness and yawning. She almost hit the stationary hanyou in the eye and had he not gripped her arm with his quick reflexes, she would have. Kagome was startled slightly by the feel of his grip on her wrist, but a big smile spread across her face when she too realized that she had not dreamt the entire thing. His hand was gently sweeping across the mark on her left hip. She looked down and noticed the symbol that adorned her skin, encased in a silver moon.

"Inuyasha...?" she questioned when she looked back up.

"My mark on you wench... now you are mine forever..." She smiled as he said it... then brought her hand to his face, sweeping some of his long luxurious locks away from his shoulder. She stopped short when she noticed a marking on his collarbone. Where she had bitten him.

"Oi Inuyasha! You have one too!" He looked shocked as he looked down to where she was rubbing her fingers.

"My Love...best friend... my mate forever...?" His eyes ventured back to hers. "Kagome looks like you were making a statement as well." A smile crept over her face as he pulled her close. Her lips passed lightly over the mark that she had apparently given to him. The feathery motion caused a jump through Inuyasha's spine.

"What does mine say Inuyasha? I cannot read this scripture of kanji."

"My element... my home... my mate forever..." his eyes shot up to hers. The radiant blue orbs were spilling over silently in tears.

"That's what I am to you isn't it Inuyasha..." Silently he kissed her and nodded.

"Wherever you are... as long as you are near me... with me... I am home."

"Let's get dressed... It's getting a bit chilly out here, and I feel too exposed." Nipping gently at his shoulder she stood and dressed... handing him his hamaka and Haori. When he dressed, he grabbed her hand.

"AiShiteru my Kagome." There was a smile plastered to her face as they walked... hand in hand back to Kaede's village and their Tachi.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

I will set the mirror up to face the blackened sky
you will see your beauty every moment that you rise


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Sign up to rate and review this story