Categories > Original > Romance

Love and Murder

by PoisonPumpkin

A unpopular high school student and a teenage serial killer make an odd couple.

Category: Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2014-01-17 - 812 words

?Blocked
Love and Murder
Chapter One

School is so boring. I’m smarter than the rest of these idiots and these ignorant jerks still tease and taunt me and treat me like trash every day. I don’t know why they hate me maybe because I was the only gay boy out of the closet at school or that I skipped a grade so that I’m a year younger than the rest of them. I don’t think I’ll ever be sure the exact reason and I guess it doesn’t really matter.

The bell rings signaling that class is over and I’m glad yet a bit apprehensive at the same time. Annnnnnnnd apparently my instincts were right because someone trips me and I fall hitting my face against a door stop. I can hear the senior that likes to make my life miserable, Mark Stevenson, laughing and I can feel blood start to trickle down from my face.

I lay there for a moment and no one stopped to help me. A few people laughed though and tried not to cry. Then I felt someone’s hand touch my shoulder and flinched squeezing my grey eyes shut ready for another blow.

“Hey are you ok?” A voice I’d never heard before asked filled with concern. I rolled over slightly and brought myself up to a sitting position. I looked up and saw a boy about my age looking down at me. He had shaggy blonde brown hair and green eyes that had a slightly off look to them, yet he was actually showing concern so I ignored the slightly dead look in his eyes. “Ummmm y-yeah I’m ok” “Yeah you don’t look ok that cut looks pretty deep” he held out a hand and I took it somewhat hesitantly. He pulled me to my feet with ease a d then just kind of stared at me like he was trying to decode me to find out what I was thinking.

I pulled away and h dropped my hand looking a bit embarrassed. I stuttered as I said “Ummm well I’m gonna go to the nurses office” I smiled walking away and the boy just stood there and stared, I could feel his gaze as I shivered slightly. The nurse gave me a bandage and said that I didn’t need stitches. She said that I should really learn to watch where I’m going but she gave me a sympathetic smile.

The rest of the day went by pretty fast , no one really said or did anything to me the rest of the day although I did get a few snickers and snide under the breathe comments but hey that’s better than getting my ass kicked again so I kept my mouth shut and ignored it.

I hurried out of class the second the bell rang and walked out a side entrance so that people wouldn’t see me. But there he was the boy from earlier. “Glad to see you got a band aid and that you didn’t ruin your pretty face” I blushed and stuttered “M-me? I’m not pretty” I blushed pointing towards my face. He stepped a bit closer. “I’m Matt what’s your name?” he whispered softly. “S-Sammy.” I smiled slightly. “Who did this to you Sammy?” he asked. I swallowed and answered “The same person that usually gives me crap, Mark….. Mark Stevenson” He turned to wall away then glanced back “See you tomorrow “Matt smiled. He walked back towards the school, bit weird but I shrugged it off and walked away brushing my side swept bangs out of my face. Curse Justin Bieber for ruining the side bang haircut.

As soon as I got home my mom was all over me with questions. So it told her the truth sort of, I said that I tripped and hit my face on a metal doorstop. She didn’t believe me but she didn’t press it.

I went to my room and watched a random slasher movie on Netflix. At about six I went downstairs to grab a snack because I started to get hungry. My parents were in the living room, my dad apparently home from work. They had a terrified look on their faces at they stared at the screen and it sent a shiver down my spine. My mom started to say something and my father put a hand on her shoulder. “Son come here” he motioned for me to come over. When I saw what was new my mouth went dry. The reporter was in front of my school. A picture of Mark was on the TV with a headline reading “High school senior found dead on school grounds”. MY knees went weak and I dropped down to the couch in shock.
Sign up to rate and review this story