Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

What Gets You Through The Night

by xharlequingirl

The sequel to Here In Your Arms. See what the whole gang is up to now a year and a half after the twins were born!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Published: 2014-03-13 - 2210 words

?Blocked
Here is the sequel to Here In Your Arms. I hope you enjoy it as it will be very different from HIYA!! Please read and review and let me know if I should continue it!
------------


"Cadence, I am going to throw up!" Lisa placed a hand over her mouth as she looked at her maid of honor. It had been a year and a half since we left off with the group. The boys had just gotten back from the first leg of their tour after they had released their new CD, Save Rock and Roll. They had also planned Patrick and Lisa's wedding just perfectly in that lull that they had the time off.

Pete and Cadence had yet to have their wedding as they had been busy raising four children. Over the last year they had gotten more and more time with Bronx the busier Ashlee had gotten with her new fiance and Pete and Cad could not have been happier to have him right where they felt he belonged.

"No, no. You're going to be fine." Cadence laughed as she fixed Lisa's veil. They were having a beautiful summer wedding on the beach. Cadence loved the idea seeing as how the bridesmaids dresses were gorgeous and they didn't have to wear uncomfortable heels as they went barefoot in the sand. A gorgeous California wedding in Malibu.

"I love Patrick to death but I think I'm going to pass out."

"Lisa, you see the grossest and nastiest stuff day in and day out." Cadence laughed referring to her job. "You are about to walk down the aisle to the man of your dreams. I am trusting you with my best friend." She smiled brightly. She couldn't believe her firefly was going to be a married man. That awkward kid she used to fool around with back in Chicago was now going to be a husband. And he was going to be a husband to one of the most beautiful women she had ever met in her entire life. Cadence never had girlfriends growing up and even into her adulthood she was never close with women and now she had three of the best girlfriends anyone could ask for.

"Are we ready?" Kacy asked as she opened the door and walked in followed by Daniella. "Your step-dad is here." She told her.

"Let him in!" Lisa smiled as she smoothed our her dress. It was a simple cream colored summer dress. She didn't want anything fancy or crazy considering they were getting married on the beach.

"Hi, baby." Simon smiled as he walked into the room. "You look gorgeous." He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. He couldn't believe the little girl he had known since she was four years old was getting married. When he had met her mom she was a sassy little girl and now here she was a gorgeous young woman who was about to marry the man of her dreams. A man that he had no problem handing her over to.

"I'm going to go make sure that Pete didn't make a mess of our children." Cadence laughed as she kissed Lisa on the cheek. "I will see you out there." She reassured her as she excused herself from the room followed by Dani and Kacy.

"She looks stunning." Daniella shook her head as she smiled fondly thinking back to her own wedding day as they walked through the resort.

"I know. I can't wait to look like that." Cadence smiled as she looked down at her engagement ring. She and Pete had actually started planning their wedding but hadn't really talked to anyone about it yet. They wanted it to be perfect and well finding time to fit a wedding into his busy schedule was not easy. It took a year for them to get the perfect timing for Lisa and Patrick's wedding.

"You will make a beautiful bride." Kacy rubbed Cadence's back as they opened the door to where Pete had been in charge of getting the Wentz children ready.

"Help?!" Pete looked up at Cadence. He had his own suit on, his tie was a wreck and he had a pair of stockings hanging over one shoulder and a diaper over the other.

"What happened?!" Cadence laughed as she looked at him and then at their children. Bronx had just turned five, Ariana was now three and a half and the twins were one and a half and getting into everything.

"Kennie keeps taking off her diaper..." He pointed at her. "Jace won't let me dress him. Ariana keeps taking off her tights and Bronx doesn't want Daddy, he wants Momma Cadence." He threw his arms up in the air. "Not to mention I can't do my tie because I'm so nervous to give my speech that my hands are shaking. I need a Xanax." He sighed as he ran a hand over his face.

"No, you don't. You took one this morning." Cadence reminded him. Pete's anxiety was always an issue but she had managed to keep him from over medicating himself by calming him in natural ways. "Kacy can you get him a cup of tea, please?" She looked at Kacy who happily obligied and went to go get Pete some tea to calm his nerves. Daniella had excused herself to go check on Joe and Izzy who was now two years old.

Pete sighed as he leaned against the wall. "Bronx, can we get dressed now?" He asked. "Momma Cadence is here."

"Ok." Bronx said happily as he quickly undressed and let Cadence get him in his suit. She had him dressed and had his hair fixed in a matter of five minutes. He had no idea how she managed to do this everytime but he was not only impressed but he was jealous as well.

"Ariana, now." Cadence said as she held out the tights and Ariana climbed into them and then let her put her shoes on her. "Uncle Patrick and Aunt Lisa are getting married today and they are counting on us to be there for them okay? And Daddy is going to be giving a very important speech so we have to let Daddy know that we love him lots and not to be nervous, right?" She eyed the older kids who would understand more than Kennie and Jace.

Standing up, Cadence straightened out her dress and eyed Pete leaning against the wall taking a few deep breaths. "Come here, mister." She waved him towards her as she reached out and fixed his tie.

"Do we have time for a quickie?" Pete smirked as he lifted his neck and let her fix his tie.

"Not quite. We barely have time to do this." She laughed.

"How is Lisa?" He asked.

"She looks gorgeous. Simon had just gone in for daddy daughter time when I came to check on this mess." She fixed the buttons on his suit jacket.

"You look beautiful." He told her. He loved the way Cadence looked in the summer dress that Lisa had picked for the maid of honor dress. It was airy and almost see through and he liked that...a lot. They would definitely having a honey moon of their own after the reception, especially since his parents were in town. They could always spend some time with their grandchildren so Pete could spend some time with his soon to be wife.

"This makes me can't wait until it's our turn." She smiled as she picked Kennie up and laid her on the couch so she could change her diaper and fix her dress.

"Mama, no diaper!" Kennie groaned as she kicked her little legs and arms. Kennie was absolutely the spitting image of her father with the attitude to match. She had decided this week that she did not want to wear her diapers and she wanted to use the potty like Ariana does. Which was fine, but today it would not be easy to run her to the potty every half hour.

"Baby, I promise later you can wear your princess underwear, but remember our deal?" Cadence picked her up and kissed her chubby little cheeks. "Come on, Jace." Cadence waved her finger at her son for him to come closer to her so she could put his little suit on him. He happily obligied as he let his mother dress him. Jace was the true definition of a momma's boy. Anything Cadence wanted him to do, he did. Sometimes Pete got jealous of all the attention that Jace got from Cadence. Sometimes he got jealous of the way she looked at him. But, he had to admit that even with four children, Cadence did an amazing job at doting on each and everyone of them.

"There we go." She nodded as she stood up and fixed her hair. "Ok, are you ready best man?" She looked at Pete. He looked like he was going to crap himself.

"No."

"Pete, you go out on a stage and flirt with girls and talk on tv and yet you are nervous to give a speech at our best friends wedding?" She was confused.

"This means a lot more than that..." He shook his head. He wasn't even going to address the flirting with girls comment because he knew how Cadence had meant it. One thing he knew about her was that she was far from jealous. She knew that she had him and she knew he was not going anywhere. It probably also helped that he talked about her, the love of his life, everywhere and anywhere he had to talk to anyone. She truly was everything to him.

"You can do this. I have faith in you." She leaned in and kissed him. "Plus, if you do a good job, we can make time for a quickie." She teased him as she grabbed Kennie and Bronx's hands as Pete smirked and grabbed Ariana and Jace.


The wedding was a beautiful ceremony that had gone off without a hitch. Pete's speech had also been so beautiful that there wasn't a dry eye in the house. He had thanked Patrick for bringing him the best thing that had ever happened to him and then thanked Lisa for giving that to his best friend. For them to both know what love felt like...that kind of love. He wished them a lifetime of happiness and a lifetime of safety and even though everyone knew that they weren't really into having children, he wished them a ton of niece and nephews to love so that they could always know the joys of a childs laughter.

The reception was gorgeous and involved a lot of dancing and drinking and yes even Pete and Cadence sneaking away for a quickie. It might sound crazy, but it was things like that that kept their relationship fresh and fun. They may be in their thirties and parents but they weren't dead.

"Where were you two?" Andy questioned as he bounced Kennie on his knee.

"I had an itch I couldn't scratch and I can't get out of this dress without help." Cadence smirked as she sat down at the table.

"You two are the same horndogs you were when we were in Chicago." Patrick laughed as he held Lisa on his lap. "My wedding and you two go and have sex in...well I don't want to know where."

"We have the whole resort to ourselves...we used our bed." Pete laughed as he pulled Cadence into his lap and kissed a trail over her shoulder. "It's not often we get alone time..."

"I know, you have four cock blocks." Joe laughed as he bounced Jace on his leg. The older kids were on the dance floor running around. Izzy glued to Ariana's side. They considered themselves cousins and were inseperable. "I feel bad because we only have one and half the time I can't get it in!"

"Joseph!" Dani looked at him almost mortified that he had said that.

"Lighten up." Cadence looked at her and laughed. "When he stops wanting to quote unquote get it in, then you worry." She told her as she leaned into Pete, wrapping his arms around her.


Things were so perfect and had been for the last year and a half. She couldn't believe that this was her life now. Her best friend had just gotten married, she was planning her own wedding, she had the perfect family and she had never been so happy in her entire life. She had never seen this as being her future, even before she and Pete broke up the first time, she never thought she would see Pete grow up. Smiling, she got up and kissed him on the mouth. "I'm going to go dance with the kids."

"Okay." Pete nodded as he watched her go. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out the bottle and dumped two pills into his hand. He popped them into his mouth and grabbed his water and swallowed. Waiting a few minutes he got up to join his fiance with his children and the rest of the party. Life was pretty good.
Sign up to rate and review this story