Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Finally Free

Finally Free

by dragonblade702

The Battle of Hogwarts has finished, and Voldemort is dead. Harry is finally free to live how he wants to live. AU Harry/Multi

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Luna,Tonks - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [R] [?] [Y] - Published: 2014-04-28 - Updated: 2014-04-28 - 1230 words

?Blocked
Background information: There are some major changes to my version of the story. First, Molly, Ron, and Ginny broke off from the family after Book 5 to restore the Prewett line. That of course left Mr. Weasley and the other Weasley boys alone, and Harry and Hermione confused by the actions of two of their best friends. The complete change in these three Prewetts (formerly Weasleys) includes the belief of Pure-Blood Bigotry, leading the renewed family to the Dark Lord. Unfortunately (though not really since they are all prats), they all perished during the Battle of Hogwarts. In fact, it’s widely rumored that the reason the last spell out of Snape’s wand was Avada Kedavra is because Ron pissed him off, and he slayed him in the middle of the Death Eater camp before being cut down himself by the Dark Lord.

The second change is that with Ron leaving Harry’s circle, Nymphadora Tonks, was the third person in the Harry and Hermione trio that took down the Horcruxes before the final confrontation. Being as she was part of that trio, her position in the battle changed and she never died during the fight. Furthermore, the reason she was with Harry is because after the battle at the Department of Mysteries, Lupin was sent by Dumbledore to gather the support of the werewolves, causing his death as Fenrir Greyback had already earned the loyalty of those forces. Already having a close relationship with Harry, Nym’s fondness of the boy only grew as he only had Hermione’s true support left because everyone knew that Dumbledore would never be able to pack up and make the journey necessary to bring the end of the Dark Lord.

Thirdly, Harry developed romantic feelings for Hermione, but kept them to himself, trying not to endanger her any further, and desperate to keep his last true friend. However, when Harry, Tonks, and Hermione set out on their journey, the three of them grew closer together as one romantic unit, cementing their bond the night before the battle with a ritual that bound all three to each other. It was readily decided that Hermione would become Hermione Potter is they managed to escape the fight alive, while Nymphadora would once again reclaim the Black name, her entire family being recognized again as part of the Black Line by Sirius before his death.

The next change that is going to play into this alternate universe for my story purposes is that Draco was killed by the Dark Lord after the assassination of Voldemort. Voldemort learned that the true kill came from Snape, and therefore punished Draco for his uselessness. While that in itself isn’t a big issue, it did cause for Narcissa to abandon Lucius, running to her sister Andromeda, who then contacted Nymphadora and Harry. The end result was an annulment of the marriage by Harry, revoking the contract as the Head of the House Black. Because the marriage was null and void, the dowry paid by House Black to Lucius was also rescinded, bankrupting the House Malfoy. Due to the lack of funds, and being in Azkaban, Lucius outlived his use, and was given the Dementor’s Kiss by one of Voldemort’s rogues. Part of her agreement was also to share secrets that she knew of with Harry, causing her to gain trust with the man as Harry realized the only reason she was supportive of the Dark Lord was for the sake of her son.

Next is that Bellatrix wasn’t exactly Bellatrix. Instead, it was found that the being known as Bellatrix was actually a dark construct made after the day that Bella hit her age of majority and was offered to Rodolphus Lestrange. The true Bellatrix refused to go through with the wedding because she refused to be traded by the two Lestrange brothers like a common sex toy. Her father didn’t have the heart to force her into the marriage or to kill or disown her because of her embarrassment to the family. Instead, behind the Head of House’s back, he incapacitated and put the women in a complete stasis in a secret room in the dungeon of Grimmauld Place. The dungeons were sealed off after Regulus’s death and never reopened by Sirius because he had no use for them. Two weeks before the beginning of this tale, Harry was asked by Nymphadora and Andromeda to open up the dungeons. It was there that Andromeda found the 17-year-old body of her second sister and managed to bring the woman out of the stasis.

The second to last change is a list of people that didn’t attend school for, or completely finish, one school year as attendance was not made mandatory and those who missed a year were offered the opportunity to come back after the war with the assumption that Hogwarts would still be standing. Katie Bell was pulled from Hogwarts immediately after the incident with the Cursed Necklace in her final year. With the return of Voldemort, she did not return the following year to finish her NEWTS. Out of Harry’s year, many students never returned for their final year, those include: the Patil twins, Lavender Brown, Sue Li, Mandy Brocklehurst, Hannah Abbott, Susan Bones, Tracey Davis, Millicent Bulstrode, and Daphne Greengrass.

The final round of changes to be noted is the deaths of the Battle of Hogwarts. Bill Weasley was one of the casualties of the final battle. Fred however was able to survive the fight. Snape, as stated, was a casualty of this fight, and died being known as a complete hero, post-humorously being awarded an Order of Merlin, First Class for his work as a spy in the Dark Lord’s camp. Aberforth also made an appearance in the fight and was struck down. Seamus Finnegan was also an unfortunate casualty to the fight, dying in the last moments before the final showdown of Harry and Voldemort. Pansy was also killed during the battle after rushing to help the Dark Lord. Lavender Brown also forwent the school year, and was not in the battle to be killed. It should also be noted again that Lupin died before the Battle of Hogwarts, so was not one of the official casualties of this fight.

The changes made in this story has made it so that Harry Potter can return with Hermione Granger for his seventh year of schooling, along with the students noted above who had missed a year. May it also be noted that Gabrielle will be taking a part of this story. In this story she was actually born in 1982 making her 16 at the start of the story. Hopefully with this being described, the rest of the story will make more sense.

A/N: I've been reading a lot of fellow works around here and am amazed with the ideas that people have come up with. This story will be completely my own, and won't follow anyone elses blueprint to the tee, but there will be a lot of various elements that might have been in other fanfics. As a fan of those fanfics, I feel like I'm kind of doing a fanfiction fanfic, and I hope that you guys all enjoy it. I hope to have the first chapter of the story up within a week.
Sign up to rate and review this story