Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This Is The Beat Of My Heart

11

by kristinluvspete

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2014-07-04 - 1330 words - Complete

?Blocked

Before 30 Bucket List

1. Learn to sew X
2. Take someone else’s drink at Starbucks X
3. Meet someone famous X
4. Learn to make sushi X
5. Swim in the ocean X
6. Get a tan X
7. Go on a date
8. Visit New York City
9. Visit Chicago
10. Take a road trip
11. Go camping X
12. Go dancing at a club X
13. Get a tattoo X
14. Ask a guy out/give a guy my number X
15. Kiss a stranger X
16. Have a one night stand
17. Fall in love X
18. Sing karaoke X
19. Party all night in Las Vegas
20. Go skinny dipping X
21. Crowd surf
22. Have sex in public
23. Slip'n'slide as an adult X
24. Get really drunk and throw up X
25. Play in the rain X



The dreaded #16. Honestly, now that I was about to attempt it, I wasn't really sure why I felt it was necessary to have this one on the list. I sat in the car, staring out the window and wishing this night would be over already. Sarah seemed to be the only one excited about going out. It's been about a week since we all went camping and I hadn't spent too much time with Pete. I kept making excuses that I was busy because I honestly was so unprepared for how I felt.

"What do you think about that guy?" Sarah asked me once we had gotten situated with drinks at the club. I glanced over to the guy in question and shrugged. He was very attractive, but I didn't want to sleep with him. I didn't want to sleep with any of them. They weren't Pete. God, love makes people crazy, and I feel especially crazy this past week.

"He's looking at you," Sarah brought my attention back to the first guy she'd pointed out when we got here. He was the best looking guy she'd pointed out, so I guess it wouldn't be totally awful, would it?

"Should I go talk to him?" I asked her. I noticed Pete shift in his seat, but his eyes never met mine. He just continued his conversation with Brendon.

"We definitely need to walk away from the boys, it's totally cock blocking you," she commented. "Babe, we'll be back," Sarah said to Brendon and we made our way near the guy and stopped at a table that just happened to open up. The trick worked.

"Good evening ladies. I'm Mike," the guy introduced himself to us.

"I'm Sarah, and this is Allie," Sarah introduced us.

"What are you ladies doing here tonight?" Mike asked as he leaned on the table with a smile.

"Just having a good time," I stated, knowing I needed to engage him in conversation in order for Sarah to leave.

"Absolutely nothing wrong with that," Mike replied, smiling. "So, where are your boyfriends?" He was clearly fishing for details, meaning he was interested in something.

"I'm married," Sarah answered.

"And I don't have a boyfriend."

"How did I get so lucky?" Mike flirted. It felt both nice and lame at the same time. After a few more minutes of flirting, Sarah made her way back to Brendon and Pete. Mike was nice enough. He worked for a software firm and was easy to look at. I guess I can't be too picky, really. I mean, I was only planning on spending one night with the guy.

I glanced over to Pete and saw him sitting with a woman I didn't recognize. She was totally hitting on him, her hands touching his playfully. It made me sick to my stomach. The worst part was that Pete seemed to be enjoying the attention.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Mike asked me towards the end of the night.

I looked over and saw Pete with that woman still all over him. "Yes, I do," I replied. Mike smiled and began to lead the way out of the club. "I'm just going to tell my friend goodbye real fast," I stated and Mike nodded, following me to the table where Sarah, Brendon, Pete and the woman were.

"Leaving?" Sarah asked knowingly.

"Yeah, I'll talk to you guys tomorrow," I stated and glanced at Pete. He didn't even look at me. I turned and walked with Mike towards the exit, looking back at Pete one last time. Our eyes met for a second before he turned back to that woman. God, I felt sick.

We got to Mike's car and I just couldn't get in. I couldn't go through with it. "Hey Mike, I'm not feeling so well. Sorry," I apologized. He looked annoyed.

"Seriously? You were fine, like 2 seconds ago." He said, being a complete jerk.

"Yeah, sorry. I just, I think I drank too much. I'm going to catch a ride with my friend. Have a good night," I replied with a little wave before heading back into the club. I really wish I hadn't though. That woman was in Pete's lap and they were making out. I felt like the world was being ripped right out from under me. I suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe, so I turned right around and walked out of the club. I'll just call a cab.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe he just kissed her because he was drunk or something. He wouldn't have brought some rando home with him. I just kept telling myself there was no way that Pete slept with that chick, but I had to know. I knew I most likely wouldn't like the answer, but I needed to know. I pulled up to Pete's around 11 am hoping to get lunch with him, but mainly to see if anything happened. As I climbed out of the car, Pete's door opened.

"Allie... uh, hey," Pete said awkwardly. He was shirtless and his hair was a mess. Around him stepped that WOMAN! Oh god... oh god... why did I do this to myself?

"Call me," she cooed and blew him a kiss before leaving. Pete and I stood there in silence for a minute.

"So uh... how was your one night stand? Everything you'd imagined?"

"I didn't do it," I stated, trying to keep myself from crying.

"What?" Pete seemed shocked. He glanced in the direction his one night stand walked before looking back at me. "Why not?"

"I just couldn't. It's just not who I am, I guess," I half lied. The truth was that I didn't want to sleep with some stranger. I wanted Pete, even though I was too terrified to admit it to anyone besides myself. Pete just nodded and we stood there silent again.

"Wanna come in?"

"Nah, you had a long night. I'm just gonna go," I started to leave.

"You okay, Allie? You seem upset," he asks me.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Did that guy say something or do something to you?" Pete asked, seeming rather concerned.

"No, he didn't. I just need to leave."

"Why? What's wrong?" Pete stepped towards me.

"Nothing, okay?" I snapped. Pete looked at me in surprise. "Sorry, I think I'm getting my period or something," I lied, knowing that should shut him up.

"Oh, okay," Pete scratched his head before looking me in the eyes again. "I'll call you later?"

"Yeah, sure," I replied and climbed into my car and left without looking back. I held my tears in until I got home. I cried and cried and cried, spending my Sunday being miserable. This is why I never let myself fall in love before. No good can come from it.

Later that evening, I had calmed down and decided to call Sarah.

"Hey girl, how was it?" She asked me.

"Oh, he seemed weird, so I didn't end up doing it."

"That sucks," she replied.

"Yeah, it's cool. Hey, you still have that guy friend you wanted to set me up on a blind date with?" I asked her. I wanted to get my mind off Pete more than ever right now.

"Yeah."

"Set something up for this week, please."
Sign up to rate and review this story