Categories > Games > Devil May Cry > Of Frost and Flame

Reunion

by AyanaRin

Rin wake's up to a strange figure lingering in the room. She knows who he is but he doesnt answer when she calls out to him. She decide's to head downstairs wait awaits her is a night she wasnt exp...

Category: Devil May Cry - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Dante,Lady,Trish,Vergil - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2014-07-17 - 3599 words

?Blocked
Mission Two: A Families Damnation.
Chapter Six: Reunion. -Narrated by Rin(Oc)-

How long had I been forced to drift endlessly in this pitch black world of nothingness? I Couldn't feel anything but ,somehow I knew that for some reason I was still able to keep my small grip on life ;after all I wouldn't still be conscious if I had died yet ,would I? If swaying alone in this image-less world was death then I wanted to cling to the beauty and promise's of life as long as I could.
Dante must be worried about me if I m still alive ,I bet he hasn't left my side. This sudden cold feeling rushed into my system ,this was the first thing I had felt in awhile ,had I finally slipped away? That had to be it ,I was finally gone ,the darkness was beginning to be enveloped by light. I could see a room ,it was Dante's room. Was I awake? Everything was blurring I could see the sun beaming inside but ,it just looked like a bright yellow blob. I scanned the room carefully expecting to see ,Dante somewhere close. I directed my attention toward's the door ,a figure dressed in black was standing there ,his hair was silver and the same style as Dante's but ,something wasn't right ,this wasn't Dante. It looked just like him but somehow he was different. "Ver-Vergil?" I barely managed to get out. I must have startled him because he seemed a bit shaken as he turned his attention towards me. "Rest." Were his only word's before he left the room. My eye's felt heavy again ,I soon fell back to the darkness but ,I was no longer aware of my every thought and I was able to sleep peacefully.

When I opened my eye's again the light filling the room was dimmer ,I could define object's now that my vision wasn't blurry. I slowly at up ,my body was still stiff and it was hard to move ;I nearly fell as I got out of bed. I was still dressed in the clothes I wore during the fight. I wondered how long it had been ,it must been the next evening ,judging the light shade's outside. I slowly made it to the door opening it and stepping out into the hall. I held onto the railing as I started to step down the stair's ,I didn't hear any voice's talking as I normally do ,it was quiet downstairs' meaning ,Dante wasn't here. I reached the bottom of the stair case and proceeded to open the door leading to the main shop. I was surprised that the shop was actually clean ,cleaner the normal ,not only were the floor's swept and mopped but they were polished. I looked around the room and I noticed Lady sitting in Dante's chair going through his desk. She wasn't wearing her normal outfit ,she was in a long-sleeved jacket keep open over a tank top that had bandage's wrapped over it and a pair of white pant's that had bandages wrapped around it in several place's. She must have taken some damage from that hit. Lady noticed me and looked over. "You're up? You shouldn't be. But ,anyway how can you stand dating ,Dante? I've been cleaning this place all day and I've found so much porn that I didn't want to know he had." She naggingly. I laughed "I'm not dating Dante. Were just good friends." I explained. "Friend's with benefit's ,more like it." an older female's voice echoed from the front door. Lady and I turned our attention toward's the front door where Trish was now standing. "Wait ,you're Dante's girlfriend? How can he even get a girl that's pretty like you?" A younger female voice asked. I turned toward's the area the voice came from and I noticed ,Patty sitting on the stair's reading a book. It appear's that all the girl's are here. "You know ,there is one thing I've been wondering about Dante for quite some time now. " Lady pondered. "What is it?" I asked. "Well ,Does Dante like to cuddle in bed?" She blurted out with a giggle. "Well .umm actually.."I stuttered not expecting a question like that from Lady of all people. "Yeah ,he like's to be really close." I continued. "So how did you and Dante meet?" Trish asked ,now leaning against one of the stool's in front of the desk. "We've been friend's since childhood." I replied. "Really? He doesn't talk about you." Lady added. "There's not much to talk about. " I stated. "Oh ,so ,in other word's you guy's get together to hunt demon's and have a romantic night in bed ,right?" Lady inquired ,laughing so hard at the thought of Dante being romantic. "Oh! I have a question!" Patty yelled as she ran over to join us. "Is ,Dante a good kisser?" She requested ,excitedly. "Yes ,he is actually a really great kisser." I laughed. Trish snickered "Well ,you'd hope he would be since he run's his mouth all the time."
We continued to talk about Dante and my relationship for a little while. It was getting rather late when Dante ,walked in the door. He looked at us all talking around his desk ,his eye's got a little wide. "Whelp ,four girl's talking in low voice's and giggling around my desk. This can't be good." He commented ,smiling as he walked over toward's us. "So ,what's up babe's? Couldn't keep your mind off of me? " He asked as he wrapped his arm's around Trish ,Lady and I. We were all sitting in the stool's in front of the desk since Patty took Dante's chair. Lady ducked under Dante's arm and walked over to the sofa's shrugging her shoulder's. "Not even in your dream's ,Dante." Trish pushed ,Dante away as well and walked over to the jukebox examining it in silence. Patty started going through a magazine ,that was left on Dante's desk. Which reminded Lady about her finding's earlier. "Dante! Now I don't care about what your into but ,I put a damn lock on your top drawer. Which remind's me your now two hundred dollar's more in debt with me." She scowled. "Now ,wait just a goddamn second. What lock cost's that much?" Dante ranted. "Oh ,that's not all for the lock ,its for what I saw." She smirked. "Woman are going to be the death of me yet." Dante sighed. He returned his gaze to me ,his eye's were charming ,I could tell he was grateful I had finally woken up. "So how about we go talk in the courtyard?" Dante asked. I looked confused. "Dante , you don't have a courtyard. " Dante pointed toward's the stair's on the left side of the shop that used to go to nothing. There was a red shaded wooden door there. "Lady ,decided to have some renovations done and she bought the abandoned basket ball court in the alley behind the shop. The stairs lead to it." He explained. I was even more confused ,this door wasn't there the night I was attacked by that snake ;exactly how long had I been out? "Dante...how long..-" I'd begun to ask before Dante cut me off. "Oh come on! None of you told her how long it's been? " He shouted at Trish ,Lady and Patty. "It's been nearly three month's since you fell unconscious." he answered in a shallow voice. " I thought you had woken up about a week ago because you kept calling out a name. But ,you were still asleep. I thought I was going to lose you ,you were so cold." He spoke softly as he swooped me up in his arm's and began to walk toward's the door.

We had been laying under the star's for a couple hour's now. Dante ,turned his head toward's me. "So ,about the name you were calling out... It was Vergil's name. Did you sense him or something?" Dante questioned me ,with a hint of worry in his voice. I had forgotten about seeing Vergil and calling out for him ,I thought I had barely whispered his name rather than repeatedly calling it out over and over. "Dante ,you're not going to believe this...I saw him ,I know I wasn't asleep. I don't know what he gave me but if he hadn't of I'm sure I would be dead..." I explained ,trying to convince myself of the event's. Dante folded his arms behind his head and looked back toward's the sky. "I believe you. The night we were attacked I was barely able to get you and Lady out of there. I would have been fine on my own but whenever I'd try and dodge his blow he'd aim for one of you ;and you were both unconscious. Trish showed up and helped me fend him off until he decided to retreat ,she had a scar on her shoulder ,I asked her what happened and she said she just had a run-in with an old friend. Her scar was frozen." Dante said ,sighing at the end. "Vergil has an ability to cause permanent damage to demons." He rose his left hand up showing me several scar's across it. "He can't use it often and it take's a lot of energy to do so but, wherever he hit's will remain cold to touch. " He added. Dante seemed a bit worried ,I can understand why. I've seen Vergil use that ability ,that's how he used to kill stronger demon's ;He's stab their heart and freeze it so they couldn't recover ,he himself took some serious damage from using that much energy though and he was bed ridden for at least a day.

"Dante!" We suddenly heard Patty scream ,a second before a gunshot was fired. Dante jumped to his feet and ran to the stairs ,I followed closely behind him. When we got inside Lady had a handgun pointed at a strange figure the was hidden in the shadow of the door way ,Trish was standing in front of him as if she were shielding him ,Patty was near the bottom of the stairs ,she seemed shaken up. "D-Dante ,he look's just like you..." She managed to shudder. The man stepped out into the light ,it seemed like a cliché in a movie but ,Vergil was standing in the doorway. Dante immediately jumped down the stair's when he noticed Vergil had his hand on the handle of his sword. We both knew that he had his eye's set on Trish but he hadn't struck because she moved to shield him from Lady's bullet. " I don't understand ,why are you protecting him?!" Lady yelled out in protest. Vergil's cold glare swept across the room ,keeping a mental note of where everyone in the room was. Lady was near Dante's desk and close to his weapon's he kept hanging on the wall. Trish was halfway between Lady and himself ,her weapons were laying on the desk. Dante was at the end of the staircase shielding Patty as if she were his daughter ,I was halfway down the stair's. Vergil knew that if anyone went for a weapon he could strike them down before they reached it. His glare stopped and focused on Dante. "Well ,are you just going to stand there like a simpleton? Take hold of your blade ,Dante." Vergil growled. Even though I was behind Dante I had a feeling that a grin stretched across his face right now. He has never turned down a chance to go at his brother and I'm sure he wasn't going to start now. Dante lifted his hand up calling the Rebellion to him. "I would prefer not to ruin my shop again ,I'm in to much debt with Lady as it is. I'd starve if she had to rebuild this place." He chuckled. " Let's go outside." Dante said sternly with no trace of the sarcasm he used moments ago. "My god ,Dante you can't be serious! You can't actually think about fighting him alone!" Lady yelled. Dante walked over and grabbed Ebony and Ivory off of his desk while on his way to the door ,Lady was furious ,she attempted to stop Dante which caused Dante to do something none of us saw coming. He turned back toward's her aimed Ebony at her. "Stay out of this. It's not your fight." He warned her lowering his gun. Everyone knew that there was no way he would have pulled the trigger but it was still intimidating. Vergil glanced around the shop again to see if anyone had moved ,even the slightest. I had no idea why but ,Vergil showing up left me utterly mute. Vergil focused his view's back on Dante , "You've changed." Where the only word's he spoke. "And I can see you haven't changed a bit." Dante replied walking past Vergil into the darkness of the street. Before Vergil walked out he turned back toward's everyone. "Why don't you come enjoy the show?" Where his words as he left the building.
Of course we had all decided to follow them outside in case thing's got to out of hand and they did destroy the shop.

The street's were barren and devoid of light ,no human's really lived in the area around the shop since the Temen-Ni-Gru incident ,after the tower rose and sank strange thing's kept happening and people abandoned this area at night. Lady and Trish had rented out an entire apartment building where they would temporarily stay at time's but ,that was about the only activity the building got.
Dante and Vergil stood twenty feet apart in the street we stood on the sidewalk ,everyone had their weapons with them as a precaution. Vergil kept glaring over toward's Trish seeing the sword Sparda on her back in it's true form. Vergil turned back to Dante. "It's been a few year's since we last met ,where does the time go?" Vergil asked ,mockingly. "shut-up." Dante replied callously. It was like the two switched mindset's. They both chuckled realizing that.
The energy between the two changed ,I could tell they were both about to get serious. Vergil seemed to have vanished but we all knew better then that ;a silver shine appeared in front of Dante striking vertically. Dante use's Rebellion to block his attack and flick's his blade forward creating a gale to knock Vergil back a couple feet. They both swung their blade's horizontally catching the blade's on each other sending sparks and a shockwave out.
I turned my attention from the fight over toward's Lady who looked angrier then normal. Lady unlike the rest of us was standing out in the street several feet behind where Dante had began the battle. As Dante and Vergil where clashing together I heard another sound approaching ,it was a man on a motorcycle. The motorcycle screeched to a stop. "Hey get out of the fucking road!" The man snapped at Lady. Lady grimaced towards him ,her red eye sparkled in the moonlight ,the guys look turned to fear. "Get the hell out of here." She hissed. The man followed her advice and sped off.
During her conflict Dante had overpowered Vergil for a moment and knocked his sword out of his hand ,when Vergil reached for his sword Dante swung the rebellion cutting Vergil's hand open. "Ahhh memories." Dante said back to his normal behavior. Vergil quickly reverse roundhouse kicked Dante causing him to stumbling leaving him open for Vergil to punch him repeatedly keeping him off balence long enough to grab his sword and go for a diagonal slash attack ,Dante blocked this attack but he wasn't prepared for Vergil kicking him in the gut causing him to let Rebellion go as he fell to the ground. Vergil took Rebellion and rammed it into him on the ground. "That's my favorite memory." He laughed. Something was wrong ,Dante seemed to be in more pain the he should have been ,almost like something was tearing him apart inside out ,come to think of it Vergil was acting the same way ,neither of them had used their speed yet. Dante had gotten back up and Rebellion was in his hand again ,Vergil ran up to Dante and punched him across the face ,Dante recovers and returns the favor with a strong left hook, Vergil then upper cuts Dante causing blood to shoot out from his mouth. Dante lands on his feet and returns the blow Vergil in the throat causing Vergil to choke on blood coughing it out heavily ,both stand up again dazed but still ready to fight. "You've certainly improved." Vergil scoffed. "Oh yeah? Well maybe you've just gotten weaker the last eighteen year's of being Mundus's slave." Dante sneered. The both regained their battle stance's and ran toward's one another both taking a horizontal swing clashing their blade's together ,they both moved so quickly it appeared as if they vanished though we knew from the spark's they were still in the same spot. A pool of blood littered the ground ,both of them exhausted stopped glistening with sweat. Dante grabbed Ebony from it's holster and pointed it at Vergil ,somehow Vergil still had enough energy to dodge the shot and ducked under Dante's arm moving behind him ,grabbing Ebony from the holster and shooting Dante in the back several time's. This wasn't normally a move Vergil would even think about but they were both tired and we knew something else was bothering them. "You've got to be kidding me ,Vergil." Dante growled as he turned to attack Vergil again ,Vergil had no intention to lose this fight and he swung his sword upward's ,plunging it deep into Dante's chest. Dante fell to one knee no longer able to summon the strength to stand. Vergil smirked knowing he had triumphed over Dante. Trish was beginning to step out into the street to whip that smug look off of Vergil's face but I grabbed her arm. "Wait.." I said calmly. I noticed Vergil glance behind him ,throwing his arm with his blade in hand over his shoulder catching a large blade with a red streak trailing down it. "Tch , I only came here to fight one disgrace to the family name ,not two." He hissed. Nero had shown up and had seen the battle between them. Vergil flug his sword back in front of him and the turning and swinging the blade targeting Nero's throat. Nero of course dodged it but ,Vergil was given the oppertunity to escape and jumped ontop of the nearest building. "Who was that freakshow? Did he come out of your mirror?" Nero asked watching Vergil leap away. "He's just a memory..." Dante said in a rough voice. I wasn't going to let Vergil be nothing but a memory ,he didn't kill us and he knew he could have ,something must be on his mind.

I decided to follow him. I was fast enough to leave without getting caught. I made it to the same alley where he landed. "VERGIL! VERGIL STOP!" I yelled as I ran up to him. He quickly spun around unsheathing his sword and swinging toward's me. I didn't have enough time to dodge and I was the only one who didn't have a weapon all I could do was raise my arm in front of me to block it. It slammed deeply into my arm slicing nearly down to the bone. My blood was pouring out ,I couldn't move ,it felt like he was trying to suck the life right out of me. "You shouldn't have followed me." Vergil frowned ,glaring at me lividly. "You took quite a beating. It would be best if you just walked away." A younger voice advised. I heard the sound of approching footsteps and looked to my right to see Nero standing there with his sword still drawn. Vergil resheathed his sword and looked Nero up and down. He extended his hand pointing toward's ,Nero's waist. "You ...Give me that." He ordered. I knew he was talking about the Yamato ,Vergil's sword that fell into the hand's of Nero when Dante decided not to keep it.
"Why the hell would I do that? It's not your's." Nero scoffed. "That's where you are wrong." Vergil replied with a chuckle. Nero stepped forward getting ready to attack Vergil when Vergil rose his hand to his side summoning ice sword's that surrounded us both. "If you move even an inch they will kill both of you." Vergil Explained. The sword's wouldn't kill either of us if they hit but it would take awhile to recover from the injuries. On myself I counted five sword's ;One against my throat ,three against my back and one near my stomach ,Nero however was pinned down with them ,there seemed to be a sword at every joint. Vergil again grew smug ,he walked up to Nero without worry he grabbed the sheath of Yamato and pulled it loose from Nero's belt. He then quickly turned and seemed to have vanished and since he was no longer here his magic wouldn't reach and the sword's struck. Luckily Vergil didn't seem to want us dead and the sword's impaled the ground and the brick wall shielding the ally.

Just to let everyone know ,This is a DMC AU (Alternate Universe) Nero is not Vergil's son in this tale as he is only 8 year's younger then them. Dante and Vergil being 34 and Nero being 25. This takes place four year's after Foutuna.
Sign up to rate and review this story