Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Starting Anew:The Corrupted Soul

by Drizzt-Do-Urden77

He was betrayed by those he had sworn to protect, he is no longer the same with a power hungry war hawk on his trail and two Akatsuki members still at large. So in lack of better words just read th...

Category: Naruto - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hinata,Naruto - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2015-06-06 - 5515 words

?Blocked

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or anything related to the anime or manga it belongs to Masashi Kishimoto. I own nothing, nor am I profiting from the fanfiction, I do not own cretin themes, sayings or attacks that you might see in the fanfiction nor am I profiting from them.

“Flashback”

‘Huh?’- Thinking

“Yeah”- Talking

Rasenringu”- Jutsu

“Good evening all”- Demon/Summons speaking

‘Make them suffer’ – Demon thinking

~ Song suggestion~


Chapter 1: Memories of the Past.

The moon was high in the night sky, the time, rapidly approaching midnight as one Naruto Uzumaki could be spotted walking through street light lit paths of Konoha. Thinking about what had come to pass. Had people been around and awake at this time, they may have noticed the tears that fell from his puffy and tired eyes.

Teeth grit in his frustration, he spoke to the one that would listen to him, 'I should have known, it would have only been a certain amount of time, before I was being used like a puppet.'

His tenant, 'The Kyuubi no Yoko' or as how he preferred to be called, Kurama, let out a small chuckle, “I told you this would happen, you exposed your heart to them, and what did they give to you in return?”

Puffy and tired eyes narrowed, the action actually somewhat painful, "Pain and grief!" He spoke aloud.

“They knew what type of life you had, and how you suffered through it. Do you think that they just expected you to add this to your list of past pains?”

'Or for me to simply brush it off with a goofy smile and act like I was fine...' A small sigh escaped his cracked lips, 'We need to be careful, Danzo will be watching us closely when he finds out.'

“Well, yes, an emotionally unstable Jinchuuriki could be dangerous, plus I think he might just be looking for a reason to put you down, or in some way gain control of me." The fox grumbled, he was tired of all these games that humans played, would they try all of this against him if he was in his true form?

'I can't imagine that being pleasant,' The blonde rolled the thought around in his head, it had been awhile since he last felt something pleasant, would he remember the feeling? 'There is something off about him.'

Kurama gave out a small growl, “There is something off about all humans, but yes, I agree. Keep a wary eye on him, he is by far the largest obstacle.” As the final words came through, Naruto was able to feel Kurama's presence fade, signaling the end of the conversation.

His choices had been reduced, down to two simple ones, stay, stay and hope that his 'friends' would help if and when Danzo decided to make his move. Or go, go and leave the village that has caused him nothing but pain and hardship for as long as he could remember... A really tough choice.

He looked up as something covered the light from the moon in the sky, feeling the soft pitter patter of rain as it descended to the ground. There was no lightning, no thunder, it was almost like there was something out there, something that was actually sad to see him go. This was not all done just because of some whim, no, this chapter in the blonde's life was closed for a few number of reasons, they all started a few months back-

Flashback

For the first time in his life, Naruto could say he was truly happy. Recently he had become a Chunin, it was largely due to the three year training trip with Ero-Sennin, even though he at times had to drag the man away from his so called 'research'.

A decent percent of the villagers had started to change their views of him, some saw him as a hero for convincing Tsunade Senju of the Sannin to become the Godaime Hokage. Under her rule, with the help of her apprentice Shizune, Konoha's hospitals truly flourished.

Sasuke had killed Orochimaru. Though he was still moving about the nations.


And Naruto finally had his angel, Sakura Haruno, it may have taken him over ten years, but he had finally claimed his her heart.

"Naruto!"

He knew that voice, turning around he saw Sakura running up to him, a wide smile spread across her face, "Hey Sakura-chan, what's up?" When she stopped a foot or so away from him, he stepped forward, wrapping his arms around her delicate frame.

She tilted her head up to see his expression when she unveiled her news, "We have a lead on Sasuke. Though we need to form up with Team 8 for the mission, let's go!" She looked like she would be able to burst from excitement.

Team 8, while they were not the strongest Team in the village, they were definitely they best tracking Team. Nothing could escape them, it was a logical move, with them standing side by side, the two teams gave a silent nod, signaling the start of the mission. Rushing out of the gates to bring their old comrade home.


XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

It was four days after the successful return of Sasuke to the village, that Naruto was called into Tsunade's office. Some of the council were not happy with the condition that Sasuke returned in, it wasn't Naruto's fault, the Teme just wouldn't listen to reason, so he had to beat it into him. Though now, he couldn't stop the smile on his face.

"Hey Baa-chan, what did you need me for?"

Tsunade though about hitting him, just to wipe that stupid grin he had been wearing from his face, though, it had been awhile since she had seen him this happy, maybe she would let it slide this one, "Gaki, I believe you are ready for your first solo B-rank mission, it should take around two months. Keep up this good record of yours, and there may be a promotion in your future Gaki.... My only question is, do you accept?"

His eyes widened, his first solo mission, and not some lame C-rank either, a B, a freaking B-rank. Running forward, he leapt over the desk, giving his 'Baa-chan' a hug and accepting the mission without regret. Well, things certainly seemed to be looking up... right?

XxXxXxXxXx

Two months passed by, his feet were a little tired but that was to be expected, once he finished the mission, he had practically run the whole way back here. He had found something out on the mission that he just couldn't leave without, sure it nearly sent him to the poor house, but it was worth it. Running into the office and bidding Shizune a good day, he stopped and looked at his 'Baa-chan', "Mission accomplished Baa-chan. Got anything else ya need me to do?" In his hand was a folder which he handed across.


Tsunade took it and smacked him across the head with it, "Don't call me that Gaki!" Flipping through the folder she saw it was well written, well, at least he was taking his work seriously, "I don't have anything else for you Naruto, you can go home."

"Well, I'm going to go tell Sakura-chan I'm back, I have big news as well!" Gripping the case in his pocket, he couldn't stop the smile from spreading across his face, 'Hopefully she says yes!'

"Well I will see you later, I need to speak to my angel." Spinning on his feet he quickly headed for the door.

Only to stop at the call from the desk, "Naruto, wait!" She was standing behind her desk, fists clenched against the wood, threatening to break it.

"Umm, yeah Tsunade-sama?" It was strange to hear Baa-chan actually use his name, normally she just always called him Gaki.

She looked at him, practically bursting with excitement, she just couldn't do it, "N-nothing Naruto. I'm here if you need me, remember that."

The blonde gave her a confused look, "Umm, of course Tsunade-sama?" Turning the door handle he left, the strange encounter playing over in his mind.

"Couldn't do it eh?" A voice mused from her bookshelf, the legendary self-proclaimed Super Pervert himself coming into view.

Tsunade gave a small grumble as she sat back down, letting her head bang against the desk, "Yes, because I saw how enthusiastic you were about telling him."

Jiraiya didn't say anything as he walked up to the desk, looking at the folder Naruto had given them, the kid was really taking his work seriously, "He wouldn't believe me if I did. Never has when it has come to girls. My own fault really."

"And she is my student... I don't think he would believe me either... Do you think he'll talk to us about it?"


Jiraiya gave that possibility a moment of thought, "I wouldn't. The kid has been betrayed by the person he thought he could trust. He'll probably shut up tight. I guess, just keep checking his mission reports, make sure he doesn't get too dark on us."

Naruto scratched at his head. He had checked all over the village, checked with Sakura's parents, they hadn't seen her, he had checked the apartment they shared, she wasn't there, asking the others his own age wasn't much luck either all of them gave the same kind of face that Tsunade did, like they were torn between something, before telling him that they didn't know.

"Well, I guess I haven't tried Sasuke yet. Maybe they are catching up, we are team-mates after all." It was not hard to navigate through the Uchiha district, and Sasuke lived in the main compound so it would be hard to miss his house.

It was also hard to miss the sounds of moaning and groaning coming from inside, he blushed lightly, not knowing that Sasuke would have found someone so quickly, then it was driven home, like a kunai to the knee.

"Oh Sasuke!”

His world froze, "T-that was Sakura-chan..." His voice barely above a whisper, how could she do this? Wasn't he good enough? Taking out a roll of paper from his back and a pen he quickly jotted down a message before drawing a kunai and stabbing it into the door. He heard them stop, well at least he was able to inconvenience them somehow, because being Sakura boyfriend wasn't enough to do that.


He spun on his feet, clutching the ring-case in his pocket as he vanished down the road. Had he waited a few seconds longer, he would have seen his childhood rival open the door, taking a look at the note and taking it down, reading it aloud to himself,

"Sakura,
I know what you've done, and I hope you're happy with your choice.
I guess one of us has achieved their dream.
From Naruto."


(End Flashback) Modern time

Now you might be wondering, surely that isn't all that drove him to his choice? Well, you're right, they say bad luck comes in sets of threes, though for Naruto, it would seem to be six. Again and again it happened, his heart opening, only to be stomped on again. He started taking higher ranked missions and pushing himself further in his training. He knew he was promoted to Jounin, though it felt shallow and empty, shouldn’t he be happy and feel some sense of accomplishment?

The rain became heavier, making his hair stick to his face, "Top Kunoichi my ass. Can't see past a simple Genjutsu to see when someone is using her." He muttered dryly, it didn't matter any more, people could hear him spouting this and it wouldn't make a difference, he was leaving anyway.

'I bet if every man in the world was like Sasuke, the bitch would be on her knees, prying like a religious fanatic as she chomped down on some rancid dick that is shared between her and eight others.'

Sakura was his first crush, his first love he had been attracted to her for as long as he could remember, it was her unique hair and tomboyish nature that first piqued his interest and from that as they say the rest in history he just never understood why she was so infatuated with Sasuke. When he had come back to the village after his training he thought it was his chance to grow closer to Sakura especially after he found out that some months back she had dated rock lee, something Naruto thought that would never happen because pigs were not soaring through the air but her current shift in lovers had proven him wrong.

"At least there are some strong woman left, like Tenten and Temari, they honor the name Kunoichi. They don't need to go around showing how strong they are or how good they are. It is their attitude and their aura, it tells you that they are strong. Their inaction, speaks louder than any action they could make."

'And after everything I did... She really was just a stupid slut.' He growled out internally, maybe it would wake up the fox again. After his heart breaking and eye opening experience with Sakura, she somehow had the bright idea, to approach him, saying that they should just be friends, it wouldn't work between them, her tone, was so cold, so detached, like he was beneath her and she was speaking to trash.

Though, he could honestly say that she probably wasn't expecting his response, instead of laughing it off and giving a happy go lucky grin was replaced with a deep snarl and a cocked back fist, happened at the same time that he growled out a cold, "You bitch....”

She woke up covered in full body cast days later in the hospital. Apparently her body wasn't used to going through walls like his was. 'Should I have just killed them both?' He mused inwardly, 'The Uchiha district isn't that far, two, maybe three Hiraishin markers would be all I need to do it cleanly. After all, the Uchiha are an old clan, I am sure there are still people chomping at the bit to get his head.'

He stopped in his track, looking up at the rain for a moment, 'I don't know what I would like more, the sound of their last breath, or their expressions when they realized it was me that made them draw it. That happy go lucky blonde that everyone trampled on.'

“Yes, kill them now and paint a target above your head. Though they may not be able to prove it, everyone would know it was you.” Kurama grunted out, it was actually hard to get sleep when his landlord started barking like this.

Naruto gave a huff as he looked forward, "I know, it's still a nice thought." He grumbled out. Then a sudden idea, and he recalled his ‘project’ with the houses in the district why waste your time with a drawn out fight. ‘But I do have something in mind for them; he is arrogant and believes nothing could harm him.’ Naruto laughed

“Kage Bunshin no Jutsu” (Shadow Clone Technique)

He quietly called out a clone “Here, take this you know what to do.” The clone nodded and left quickly moving to the Uchiha district.

“Do I even want to know?”

‘It's just a little present for Sasuke and his whore.’ And a present it would be indeed.

“You keep rattling on about Sasuke this, Sasuke that, but what about that mangy mutt?” The fox drawled out.

Hoping to get Naruto away from the current subject, it was starting to become irritating, he hated the Uchiha as much as the next person they were arrogant beyond what any being would consider healthy and hated anything thing that did not associate with the clan. Hell Kurama still bore a grudge against Madara but did not spend half of the damn day thinking about killing him.

Naruto cracked his neck to the side, 'He deserves worse. Kiba had tried to help me out through the Sasuke thing, just to go and do it himself.'

"Maybe if I wasn't so blind in the beginning, none of this would have happened."

After Sakura, he got closer to Hinata to the point that she became his world. It only increased when Pain had pinned him to the ground after blowing away the village. He clutched at his chest, remembering her confession as the Shinigami draped his arms around her.

"I'm here because I want to be. This time, I'm going to save you Naruto! I was always crying and running away before I even tried. I made the wrong turn so many times, but you helped me find my way, and lead me down the right path. Naruto, I always chased after you, I wanted to catch up, to walk beside you. I wanted to be at your side, with your smile shining down on me, your smile that saved me. That's why I'm not afraid to die, if it means that I can protect you, because.... I, I love you Naruto."

He had never actually heard anyone say that to him before sure people might like him but love. To say that he was shocked was an understatement. He had thought that Sakura had cared about him, though maybe he was just deluding himself into that train of thought.

But Hinata was different, she had always loved him, and he was just too blind to see. He felt something, but was it love? Maybe, though he didn't know what that felt like, he said he couldn't return her feelings as strongly, but was willing to give a relationship between them a chance. She was ecstatic when he finally told her after she had come back to life, it turned out that Pain was kinder to him than his team-mates in the end.

But he was always scared that he was going to screw up, so he turned to the only person he could think of, Ino. The one in their group that had the most positive relationships, with her advice, he and Hinata had started slow, but they had gradually grown closer and closer, eventually outwardly admitting that they were dating.

He had even learned how to cook things, other than ramen of course. Everything was going right, and you could say that he was old fashioned, seeing as he wanted to be married before they progressed in the bedroom. He didn't want to jump be like a bull in rut, humping everything that moved.

Tsunade had called him into her office, the relationship between them was, strained. Not through their means at all, it was just, Naruto knew that she knew about it, and after she explained why she didn't tell him, well, he could see why she was hesitant.

Though she had another mission for him, he would be acting as a diplomat for one of the smaller villages for a couple of months, it had promising rewards.

He came back to a crushed heart and another useless ring in his pocket.

'It's possible that this is because I was dating girls, and not mature women, after all with age comes knowledge.'

Kurama gave a small huff, “And it is possible that you are an idiot. It is 'with age comes wisdom' not knowledge. But I see your point. Though that doesn't apply for everyone does it?”

“You thinking about her again?” A hint of what could be considered concern in the large fox's voice.

'Yeah. She was afraid of me.' Depression, though you didn't need to tell Kurama, he could feel all of the blonde's emotions like they were his own.

“Kit, I'm sorry for what happened, but this is a matter of survival.”

Naruto shifted a little in his stance, 'I know, when the pieces all fall into place, I kind of wish I knew that they would have my back.'

“If by that, you mean be ready to stab you in it, then yes, they would have your back.”

'It has taken this long for some people to see, that after all the beatings and icy stares, that the only thing monstrous about me is my ability to heal... I think some will never change their views though.' The blonde was not going to bother trying to delude himself any more.

"Hinata, I wish things were different," He sighed the rain pouring down harder as the wind picked up around him.

Flashback

~Bleach OST: Recollection II~

Naruto had just finished reporting the outcome of his diplomat mission with Tsunade. No longer did they trade friendly banter back and forth. It was now just a work relationship he couldn't find it in his heart to forgive her again, not after he found that she and Jiraiya had been hiding who his parents were from him all these years.

To think, he was the son of the Fourth Hokage, one would think he should be treated just a bit nicer for something like that right?

He found some sort of semblance on the walk home, it felt, somewhat nice to be back home. He felt the normal glares and cold stares on his body, was it strange that he had missed them? In his pocket was another ring case, it was strange, there seemed to be something in the air between them as of late, he couldn't put his finger on it, but maybe this would fix things? Hinata Uzumaki the name had a nice ring to it, hopefully she would not think he spent too much on the ring what he had it was worth it.


Walking up to his front door, he unlocked it, finding himself assaulted with the familiar scent of dog, at first it was okay, they were team-mates after all, though that thought brought back the memory of what team-mates did. Storming up to the bedroom, he kicked the door open, the bed was empty, though the scent of lavender mixed heavily with the dog.

Shifting through the room, he found a bottle of Sake, one he had never bothered to open it as it came from Jiraiya back when they were still on good speaking terms. Cracking the top he guzzled the liquid, the warm burning sensation strange somewhat calmly his thoughts momentarily, before they came back in full force.


Hours passed as he waited, finding more and more bottles stashed around, ones he had never bothered to open before, cracking top after top. He was brought out of his stewing as the front door creaked open, a somewhat timid voice calling out into the dark as she heard someone moving around, "Naruto?"

She watched as he moved, almost robitcly down to the couch, she followed, trying to see if there was anything she could do, watching him sit as she stood in front of him, concern etched onto her face, "How long?" He asked, tilting his head to the side as his lip seemed to quiver.


Confusion suddenly seemed to take over, "What do you mean Naruto-kun?"

The sound of glass shattering next to her snapped her awake, "Don't call me that!" He growled out lowly. He locked eyes with her, slowly pushing back his anger for the moment, "Did you think that I wouldn't notice? I can smell him all over you!"

Hinata hardened her gaze and balled her hands into fists, "What about you Naruto?!" She nearly spat out at him.

"What about me?!" He shot back just as fierce.

"I saw you kissing Ino!" She snapped, Naruto widened his eyes a fraction, "Don't look so surprised. Did you really think that I didn't know?!"

He got up from the couch, standing just a little way in front of her, "It's not like that, it's not what you think."


Though she wouldn't have any of that shit, "How many women have you slept with?! What about waiting for the proper monument?! Or did you just forget that when some skank shows you her tits and wiggles her ass in front of you?!"

A tear slipped from his eye, "Hinata, please listen to me, I'm begging you, you don't understand I was-"

She stomped her foot and narrowed her eyes cutting him off, "What was I to you Naruto? Someone you could string along on the promise of eventual happiness?!"

His head sunk a little at her words, "Were you just using me for my clan?!" She said in
Rage poking him hard in the chest and scowled “I bet becoming Hokage is easy with Hyūga funds paving the way and backing your damn dream, you fucking bastard!”She spat, taking a step backward and throwing her hands into the air, "Did our relationship me NOTHING to you, where you just going to use me like your damn puppet?!" Naruto could see the tears that swelled behind her eyes, "Do you even care about me or was this all the act of a user ?" She choked out, her voice barely above a whisper at the last question.

Smack

Silence followed after that, Hinata slowly raised her hand to touch her stinging cheek, looking at the man in front of her, he hit her? He actually hit her? He was angry, she could see that tears were threatening to spill over behind those blood-red eyes.

"How dare you… How dare you I" Naruto started only to be interrupted.

The door swung open and a resounding "Hinata-chan~" Rang through the house as Kiba stepped in, his good mood, instantly vanishing as he took in the crying form of Hinata and Naruto standing there with his fists clenched tight enough to turn his knuckles white. A smart man would choose this moment to back away, "Naruto what the fuc-"

It would appear that Kiba was not a smart man, before he was even able to finish, a slightly intoxicated Naruto had slammed him up against a wall, "You did this!" He snarled out, "You fucking traitor! I thought you were my friend!" Naruto didn't give him a chance to respond, slamming his fist into Kiba's face, knocking out a tooth.


The blonde brought his fist back before slamming it forward again, its form crashing down onto the ribs of Kiba with a resounding crack, signaling the breaking of bones, "I'll tear you apart mutt!" Picking Kiba up, Naruto wrapped his hand around his skull, taking two steps forward to gather enough momentum to push the majority of his natural strength into his next move.

With the strength he could muster, that wouldn't outright kill him, Naruto slammed the brown-haired dog into the wall, shaking the house from the force of the impact. Shifting his hand down to Kiba's neck, Naruto lifted him up in a vice-like grip, feeling Kurama's influence wanting to do nothing more than rip him apart, he took great joy in the fluttering eyes of the dog.

Kiba was able to lock eyes with the blonde for a moment, the only thought that came to mind was that, it was no longer Naruto. That was not the same goofy blonde that he knew, no, this guy was the killer who he had heard the others talk about. He always thought, no way, Naruto was never one to go out and cause people harm.

Well he wouldn't think like that again, despite the protests of his body, Kiba tried to lift his arms up to his neck in an effort to pry Naruto's grip open, "S-stop." He got out as a whisper.

Naruto nearly lost his grip as something struck his shoulder. He turned around, expecting to see Akamaru standing there, only to see Hinata in her Jūken stance bloodline ready and hands extended, "You're defending him?"

He looked into her eyes, he could see anger, pain and fear, the latter being the most dominate he forced himself to calm down. He was tired of those eyes he released kiba who fell the floor with a small thud. "H-Hinata-chan?" He reached out only for her to back away, as if she still thought him to been a threat.

"Y-Y-You don't understand Hinata," He then pulled the ring box out of his pocket and tried to give it to her with an outstretched arm “Hinata I-I want to”, she knocked his arm aside the ring box flew off into the dark recesses of the house.

Her body going flush against the wall as he took a step closer, "H-Hinata?" His voice, barely able to be considered a whisper as he gently placed a hand on her cheek, any and all features of Kurama now gone from his form.

She started to tremble, he locked eyes with her and saw that she couldn't look back at him, she turned away, trying to avoid him, she was crying and terrified.


He had never felt so alone, he was forced to take a step back, not be anyone pushing him, but by what had just happened, Hinata, had started to cry. He walked back and sat down on the couch, his head resting in his open palms as he stared at the floor, "Take Kiba and Leave."

She looked over at where he sat, would he attack her if she did? His body started to shake, though she could not tell what from at this distance and angel, "LEAVE!" His roar kicking her into gear as she grabbed the beaten and defeated Kiba and ran, as the door closed behind her, Naruto's voice lowered again, "Does he really love you?"


End Flashback Modern Time

~Bleach OST: Never Meant to Belong, 2nd Movement. ~

So maybe he would have better luck with some of the older women in the village. Thinking that they would be more mature about the situation and know better than to be childish about it like his ex girlfriends, had Hinata listen to him she would have understood that he as trying to thank Ino for everything she had done for him.

Though he was wrong it happened again; Shizune and Yamato, Anko and Iruka. He thought that maybe he would try his luck with a civilian like Ayame she was like a surrogate sister to him and h would be lying if he said that he did not find her attractive.

But now Ayame was now pregnant with Choji, child. Even from the mutts own clan it was his sister, Hana fucking around behind his back with Kakashi.

He considered them to be his friends, but in the end, they betrayed him, time and time again. Though, out of all the women, it was his breakup with Hinata that hit him the hardest. He thought that maybe, just maybe things were finally starting to work out, only for a simple Juuken strike to his shoulder to stop it.

So, he walked, travelling forward through the pouring rain, leaving behind his old life that was filled with pain and hardship. The village at his back as his steps took him further and further. What would his father say, would he be angry at Naruto for turning his back on the village he gave his life up for? Probably, that seemed to be his luck at the moment.

Well, now that he thought of it, Minato kind of gave up his life to, sealing a demon into your own child? Yes, that was going to go over well with the village. He should have been seen as a hero for keeping the Kyuubi at bay, yet he was treated as if he was the creature itself.

Kicked from the orphanage at the age of four and left to scavenge through garbage like an animal. Becoming trash and treated like it in return, he was kicked, mocked and at times tortured. Even if he tried to explain how he felt, no one would understand, except those like him.

The other Jinchuuriki.

There were nine at a point, one for each Bijuu, though some had fallen to Akatsuki, the organization that hunts them for the creatures that they hold, ripping the demon's power from them in a fatal method. It was his dream, no, it was his hope in the end, the thing that kept him going in the end, but even that wasn't enough. This amount of suffering was not worth the title of Hokage.

He thought that if he becomes the Hokage, he would have friends, a home, and more importantly, people that loved him and cared about him. A family, that is what his hope was, that is what being a Hokage meant to him. This is why Naruto Uzumaki was leaving the village, towards an unknown destiny willed with danger, and hopefully a better start.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Greetings and welcome to the first chapter into the Naruto starting anew series, now I just want to go on record and say things are going to be different as to what. Well just wait and see.
Sign up to rate and review this story