Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Fairy Hidden in the Dark

by HaremLover0147

Naruto, a young boy betrayed by those that he trusted, follow him as he now lies and kills to protect his new guild and family from his old one. Along the way he may even find something that he tho...

Category: Naruto - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Characters: Naruto - Published: 2015-12-25 - 3204 words

?Blocked
“Fairy Hidden in the Dark, a Naruto and Fairy Tail Crossover

Author’s Note: This is a story that was inspired by reading La Tormenta by Jiraiya's Dream; I loved the idea of a Naruto who protects Fairy Tail by siding with/using their enemies. I am not however going to steal this author’s hard work, as I said before, I merely liked the idea of a Naruto who does not stay with Fairy Tail and yet still protects it the best way that he can. Although I doubt that I could do as good of a job as Jiraya’s Dream, for one thing I know that I would not be able to write a story as dark as he wrote the Nirvana chapters.
I was going to have this be a prologue, but I decided to just jump straight into the first chapter, although it is a short chapter, to help give the readers an idea of what is going to happen. Let me also thank all of my readers for their support for my other stories.
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or Fairy Tail also will have elements of One Piece and Dragonball Z, so to be clear I don’t own them either

Chapter 1 Meeting a Demon in Saint’s Clothes

Fiore 776
Naruto, a young blonde haired youth of twelve years of age, was staring in horror at the image in front of him. A little more than two hours ago he was on the Grimoire Heart’s airship, just hanging out with all of his friends, preparing to go on a scouting mission to a nearby town. Now however it was like he had awoken from a dream and was in the middle of a nightmare, one that had secretly haunted him for the past six years. Light flickered across his face as he watched the town in front of him, as it was being pillaged and burned to the ground. Buildings were on fire, and the thick black smoke of the people’s businesses and homes that were burning, was wafting through the air. As far as he could see there was only death and destruction left in the city; any families that had tried fleeing from the city that were caught were slaughtered.
Naruto stood on the overlooking hill horrified thinking that only three hours ago this city was vibrant and lively. When he arrived at the city, he saw people, families and friends, walking around the town. And now they were gone, he could not see anyone other than his guild mates in the city.
“H-how… How did it all come to this?” Naruto continued to stare at the burning wreckage as he spoke, “Why did this have to happen? Why again?”
Flashback Start Fiore 770
Naruto was lying on the ground of his hometown, as he continued to drift in and out of consciousness he watched as the legs of people ran by him. Not once did someone try to help him, not once did he see anyone trying to put out the fires that were on the houses and spreading to more of the city.
As he continue to lie where he was he saw that more and more of the legs that were running by him wore the same style pants and boots. Using all of the strength that his sore and tired muscles had he forced himself up and looked at the people, it was impossible in the darkness to tell what gender they were, as they rushed after the other inhabitants that were fleeing the town.
“Hey, I found a live one over here.”
The voice startled Naruto out of his semi-conscious state, and he turned to see who had said that. When he saw who had spoken, he almost began to tear up; he recognized that voice and the bloody scar that was cut into the left side of his covered face.
That was the same man, the one who had come into his home and killed his father and attacked his mother, resulting in her grabbing a kitchen knife and slicing the man’s face. After that she had told Naruto to run, and he had, he wasted no time in running from the house. But a moment later he turned around, after hearing a loud explosion, and saw that his house was now in flames. After that he turned around and fled even faster, as if he could become fast enough to out distance the painful thoughts that were beginning to sink into his head. As he turned a corner a building to the right of him exploded and sent him to the ground.
And the man that had intruded into his house was the same man that was standing before Naruto now. Naruto was frozen in fear as the man closed in on him, and leaned down as if to grab him by the back of his shirt.
“Wait a minute,” the man had stopped his hand’s descent halfway and was now intently searching Naruto’s face “I recognize you. You’re that kid, the son of that stupid bitch that did this to me. I paid her back though, made sure that she wouldn’t be able to do this to another soul. Hahahaha!!!” As he said the last part of his statement, he pointed to the scar now marring his face.
When Naruto heard what the man had said it seemed to knock all of the fear out of him, and instead replace it with a suffocating pressure that was forcing him to remain motionless. As he listened to the man laugh he felt that same pressure begin to rise to the surface of his skin, and for the briefest of moments he saw the man’s face in slow motion, stuck in between laughs.
Not able to stand looking at him anymore, Naruto did the only thing that seemed to make sense at that instant, and no it was not to run away. It was the other part of the ‘Fight or Flight’ reflex, he reared his fist back and in the second before he threw the punch, something unusual happened, right at the end of his fist a black magic circle appeared. It was a black circle surrounded by a white outline, and in the center of the circle were four claw-shaped hands that were pointed inwards and all over the circle were strange ruin like symbols.
“SHUT UP!!!” And Naruto delivered a devastating punch that hit the man in the face on the opposite side from the part that had been scarred by his mother. The man had a quick look at the fist before it connected and then his laughing face was turned to a permanent look of shock, as the punch had shattered his jaw, and because of the already injured part of his face, the punch quite literally knock his block off. The man’s lower jaw was violently torn from the remaining part of his face and flew through the darkness into a burning building.
The man was instantly on the ground writhing in pain and unable to close his mouth all of the screams escaped and were heard by Naruto, but soon the man began to move less and less until, while in a large puddle of his own blood, he quieted and stilled. Naruto was staring in horror at what he had done, even if he hated the man he would never have wanted to kill him, and especially not in the way that he had done.
He did not have long to think about it however, because from right behind him, he heard the sounds of stomping feet and loud voices approaching. Knowing that his next opponents would not be caught unaware like the last one, and that the chance of repeating the magic that he had just performed was low, he began looking for a place to hide. But it was not to be, as when he got his bearing about him and started to run a blast of lightning magic caught him in the back. Unprepared for the pain that suddenly hit him, Naruto screamed and dropped to the ground as his muscles seized up on him.
“Damn, look at Hubert, that kid sure did a number on his face.” There was a moment of silence other than the noise of ‘Hubert’ being turned over, “Oh, fuck he took the jaw clean off!!” One of the voices, definitely a man’s was over examining the body. The others, how many Naruto did not know, were somewhere nearby and staying out of sight.
“Poor son of a bitch, he went into shock and bled out before anyone could do a thing for him. But at least we can kill the one responsible for causing our friend such pain.” This statement was punctuated with a second and even more powerful blast of lightning, which struck Naruto in the back.
“I will not allow that.”
A calm and even voice broke through the dark night, even while Naruto was screaming he heard the man’s voice, and even though it sounded like he was going to help him, Naruto could not shake off the foreboding feeling that he now had. Forcing his body to listen, even as the electricity coursed throughout his body, he turned his head until he saw a tall man with a long grey beard and an eyepatch on his right eye standing behind the now scared mages.
“Who the hell are you?” One of the men had voiced the question that Naruto truly wanted to ask, but he was just grateful that because of the man’s arrival he had stopped receiving the ‘shock treatment’.
“That is none of your concern, now disappear.”
The next instant there was a flash of light and Naruto was alone with the long bearded man, not even Hubert’s body was left behind. Now without the distractions, plus the fact that he got his breath back, Naruto got a better look at the man. He had a moustache to go with his beard, and on his arms he wore metal gauntlets.
“W-who are you?” Naruto could not think of a better question to ask at this point; this man did save his life, yet he could not shake the feeling that the man in front of him was a threat to his life. Whether it was from the way that he carried himself, or the fact that Naruto just saw him destroy three people and a body, he did not know.
“My name is Hades, and I am the leader of Grimoire Heart, a magical guild whose goal is to discover the true essence of magic itself.”
While Naruto still did not trust him, he had no reason to, he was curious about what the ma- Hades was talking about. However at that moment he caught sight of the flames behind Hades, and he remembered what he lost and what he had done to the man that took all of it from him.
“H-he…he killed them. Wh-why would he do that? What were they after?” These were the questions that Naruto wanted answers to at that moment. He did not care that he had killed a man, he did not care what the man in front of him wanted, he just wanted to understand why this happened.
“Those men were members of a Dark Guild, and they were here to kill the men and take the women and children as slaves. Whether they were going to sell them or were going to use them in a different way, I do not know, however your actions towards the one named ‘Hubert’ seemed to make them think that you were more valuable dead than alive.”
Now it made sense, at least the reason for killing his father, kill the men and take the others for slaves. And when his other fought back she lost her value and was eliminated, and then when he killed one of the men he lost his value as a slave.
“That’s why…THAT’S WHY THEY DID THIS!!!!” Naruto could feel his blood pumping in his veins, could feel the breeze blowing through his hair and yet he felt nothing at all. His family was gone simply because the men that came here decided what their worth was, and when they fought back so that they could live they were deemed worthless.
“Yes, they did this because they were strong enough to do so, what would you do if I gave you the power to fight back?” Hades was staring at the young blonde with an intense piercing gaze, one that seemed to peer through him and into his mind.
“I-I…I would…” Naruto did not have an answer to give. What would he do, would he hunt them down and kill them, would he instead hunt them down and beat them until the rune knights could arrest them. He had already killed the man who had killed his parents, so did he even want to hunt them down at all.
Yes he did, if not to get his revenge but to make sure that no one else has to go through the same pain that he went through, then so be it. Now that he knew what he wanted he just needed to answer the question, but did he now have an answer or simply a desire that he could never fulfil.
“I don’t want your power,” Naruto had lifted his head and stared into the cold eyes, cough eye, of Hades, neither of them turned away their gaze as Naruto continued, “I do not know what I would do, but I know that I don’t want someone else’s power. Train me in whatever magic you want me to learn, but don’t hand me the power, I will learn what I want in time and during that time I will train in my magic.”
Hades dropped his gaze and turned to walk away, not giving Naruto any indication that he should stay or follow after him. Naruto determined that he did not tell him ‘no’ and that meant that following was an open invitation, depending on whether he wanted to follow this strange man.
Following after a man who just killed three men in the blink of an eye might not seem like the smartest thing for a six year old child to do, but after the traumatic suffering that Naruto had gone through tonight, he no longer cared. As he continued to follow after Hades he saw that they were headed into the forest on the edge of the town. As they continued to walk through the forest, Naruto could not stop thinking of all the questions that he wanted to ask and the answers that he wanted from the men that were slain. Who sent them here? Why were they doing this to begin with? And many more questions were flowing through his mind.
“We have arrived.” Hades voice broke Naruto out of the internal battle of thoughts and emotions that were raging inside of his head at the moment. Looking to where Hades was still walking, he saw a large black boat, with a heart shaped symbol on the front, docked on the bank of a medium sized lake.
‘Why did leave their ship in a small lake like this one? Actually how did they get that huge boat here, did they build it in this lake?
Naruto was not given much more time to ponder on the reason for why the strange man parked his boat in a lake with no connections to a larger body of water, when he saw the front of the boat open up and Hades walking straight towards it. Naruto followed close behind until he and Hades had entered the boat and began walking up the stairs that had been let down for them.
As they continued to walk through the halls they were passing by many doors that had the same symbol on it that the front of the boat had. Not only that but they continued to pass by people that all wore the same uniform, a mask with the symbol and a blue outfit with boots and gloves. Naruto for a moment had a thought that the inside of the boat might be bigger than the outside, it seemed that they were walking in the boat longer than they have been while walking to get to the boat.
Looking at Hades, Naruto saw that he was not breaking stride no matter how fast they walk or how steep the walkway is. Just as he was about to ask when they were going to get to where they were headed he saw a room ahead that had light coming from it.
Walking into the room he saw that in front of him was a large window which showed him the forest and beyond that the smoke rising from the remains of his hometown. Looking around he saw that there was almost a dozen people in this room and none of them wore the uniform that the rest of the crew wore.
“Let us take off,” hearing Hades say this Naruto thought that it was a strange way to tell the crew to lift the anchor and to set sail. Now that he thinks about it he did not remember seeing either an anchor or a sail.
The whole boat began to shake and looking out the large window that he had seen before, and he saw that the boa- no not a boat but an airship, was rising into the air. As they lifted up into the sky he saw that the fire from the town was like a beacon, which explains why Hades would have been able to find out that there was trouble as quickly as he did.
“Boy what is your name?”
Even though it was a question, the way that it was posed was not that of a question, it was a demand for information, and that might have been why Naruto wasted no time in answering him.
“Naruto Uzumaki.” There was nothing more to say, Hades did not ask him for anything else and he did not want to tell anything else at the moment.
“Well Naruto, welcome to Grimoire Heart, your new home.”
END
Author’s Note
Originally this was going to be a longer chapter but I then decided to break it up into two chapters so that I can form my thoughts better and I can update sooner. I don’t know how many chapters that this story will have, and I do not know what the pairing will be (probably Erza) but I know that Naruto will not reach Fairy Tail until the end of the third or beginning of the fourth chapter.
Anyway this is my new story that I thought of while reading some of the ‘darker’ Fairy Tail stories. I enjoyed writing it and I hope that you enjoy reading it, and if you would please leave a review for me.
Sign up to rate and review this story