Categories > Original > Erotica

Alcoholism Is A Destructive Disease

by BengtsenBagge9

Hi and welcome. While alcoholism is a dreadful health pr

Category: Erotica - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-11-05 - 638 words

?Blocked
While alcoholism is a dreadful health problem that could ruin lives, a few individuals who battle with it manage to hold down massive responsibilities and stressful careers. Externally, these supposed high-functioning alcoholics seem to have it all together. They could drive great cars, live in great communities, and make a significant income.

However, just because they're high-functioning doesn't suggest that they are suffering from the consequences of alcohol. They are still in danger of harming themselves and those around them. A pilot nursing a hangover, a doctor performing surgery with tremulous hands, or a banker handling huge amounts of cash are each at-risk of triggering horrible tragedies if they stay on their dysfunctional course.

Here are some indications that can help in detecting these ticking time bombs:

1. They consume alcohol as an alternative to eating.


Alcoholics will routinely replace meals with a few drinks, lose their appetite for food completely, or employ mealtime as an excuse to start consuming alcohol.
2. They can certainly wake up without a hangover, even after numerous cocktails.

Drinking alcohol regularly over an extended period of time can cause the body to come to be dependent on alcohol. Commonly high-functioning alcoholics can drink a lot without the brutal hangover that tortures the irregular drinker.

3. Not drinking makes them grouchy, worried, or uncomfortable.

If an alcoholic is compelled to abstain from alcohol consumption, his or her body typically reacts adversely, as they depend on the sedative effects of alcohol. Suddenly stopping can trigger anxiety, anxiousness, sweating, a rapid heart rate, and even seizures.

4. Their conduct patterns change significantly while intoxicated on booze.

Alcoholics might transform significantly when they drink. For example, an usually mild-mannered individual may end up being aggressive, or make spontaneous decisions.
5. They can't have just 2 drinks.

An alcoholic has a difficult time stopping, and may even "polish off" others' drinks. Alcohol will never ever be left on the table, and there is always an excuse for "one more round.".

6. Periods of memory loss or "blacking out" are commonplace
Quite a few people dependent on alcohol will take part in events that they cannot recall the following day. They might not appear very intoxicated at the time, however they're not able to remember events that happened.

7. Efforts to discuss drinking habits are met with hostility and denial.

When challenged with concerns involving their alcohol intake, problem drinkers will usually fall back to denial or hostility, making discussion difficult.

8. They consistently have a very good explanation for the reason they drink.

The majority of alcoholics will have a seemingly rational reason for their behavior if flat rejection or is not the selected means of evasion. Tension on the job, issues at home, or a bounty of social obligations are common reasons to explain their damaging behavior.

9. They hide their alcohol.

Numerous alcoholics will drink alone, or slip drinks from a container in a desk or in their vehicle. This type of concealed alcohol consumption is an incredible red flag and there is no other explanation for this behavior besides alcohol addiction.

Let's keep our society efficient, safe, and sober by by being observant for problematic behavior in order to get these struggling colleagues, family members, and friends the helping hand they require.

While alcohol dependence is a destructive disease that can damage lives, some individuals who battle with it are able to hold down huge duties and demanding careers. From the outdoors, these so-called high-functioning alcoholics seem to have it all together. They can drive nice vehicles, live in fantastic areas, and make a considerable income.

Just since they're high-functioning doesn't indicate that they're immune to the consequences of alcohol. A pilot nursing a hangover, a doctor performing surgery with shaky hands, or a financier handling big amounts of cash are each at-risk of triggering awful catastrophes if they stay on their dysfunctional course.
Sign up to rate and review this story