Categories > Original > Drama

Alcohol Addiction Is A Terrible Condition

by FisherFisher1

Hello and welcome. While alcohol dependence is a devastatin

Category: Drama - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2018-01-08 - 650 words

?Blocked
While alcohol dependence is a devastating health problem that can ruin lives, certain people who struggle with it manage to hold down demanding professional lives and big duties. From the outside, these so-called high-functioning alcoholics seem to have it all together. They can drive nice cars, reside in great communities, and earn a lot of money.

Just because they are high-functioning doesn't mean that they're immune to the results of alcohol. They are still at risk of injuring themselves and those near them. A pilot nursing a hangover, a surgeon with unsteady hands, or a money-lender managing huge sums of cash are each at-risk of causing terrible tragedies if they stay on their unhealthy path.

Here are some indicators that could guide you in identifying these ticking time bombs:

1. They consume alcohol rather than eating.

Alcoholics will typically replace meals with a couple of drinks, lose their appetite for food completely, or use mealtime as a pretext to start consuming alcohol.
2. They may wake up free from a hangover, even after numerous drinks.

Consuming alcohol regularly over an extended period of time can trigger the body to become reliant or dependent on alcohol. Typically high-functioning alcoholics can drink excessively without the brutal hangover that plagues the occasional drinker.

3. No alcohol makes them grouchy, worried, or ill at ease.

If an alcoholic is compelled to avoid alcohol consumption, his or her body routinely responds negatively, as they depend on the sedative results of alcohol. Abruptly stopping could cause stress and anxiety, anxiousness, sweating, an elevated heartbeat, and even seizures.

4. Their conduct patterns change substantially while under the influence of booze.


When they drink, alcoholics may transform considerably. A normally mild-mannered person may end up being aggressive, or make impulsive decisions.
5. They cannot have only two alcoholic beverages.

An alcoholic has a difficult time stopping, and may even "polish off" other people's' drinks. Liquor will never ever be left on the table, and there is always a pretext for "one more round.".

6. Periods of memory loss or "blacking out" are commonplace
Quite a few people dependent on alcohol will participate in events that they have no recollection of the next day. They might not seem very inebriated at the time, however they're unable to remember incidents that took place.

7. Attempts to talk about drinking habits are met with anger and denial.

When challenged with issues involving their alcohol intake, heavy users will normally fall back to denial or hostility, making conversation problematic.

8. They always have a very good explanation for why they consume alcohol.

If flat denial or hostility is not the chosen mode of evasion, most alcoholics will have a seemingly rational explanation for their conduct. Anxiety at work, problems at home, or an abundance of social activities are typical reasons to explain their harmful conduct.

9. They conceal their alcohol.

Lots of alcoholics will consume alcohol alone, or slip drinks from a container in a desk or in their car. This type of covert alcohol consumption is a significant red flag and there is no other reason for this conduct aside from alcohol dependence.

Let's keep our society efficient, safe, and sober by keeping our eyes open for bothersome conduct in an effort to get these troubled colleagues, family, and friends the assistance they require.

While alcoholism is a dreadful disorder that can and does damage lives, some people who struggle with it are able to hold down stressful careers and huge duties. From the outside, these so-called high-functioning alcoholics seem to have it all together. They can drive good automobiles, live in terrific communities, and make a substantial income.

Just due to the fact that they're high-functioning does not mean that they're immune to the effects of alcohol. A pilot nursing a hangover, a surgeon with shaky hands, or a banker managing huge sums of money are each at-risk of triggering horrible disasters if they stay on their unhealthy course.
Sign up to rate and review this story