Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

Sugar, We're Goin' Down Swingin'

by DragenSaint

Patrick and Pete were never supposed to meet. Patrick was abused at home. Pete was abandoned at home. But one day they cross paths, and save each other from fate's horrible road.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2019-03-13 - 1130 words

?Blocked
Pete’s luck was at its worst. He hadn’t even noticed that his socks were the weed socks that his cousin, Andy, had bought him for his birthday three years ago. But his gym teacher definitely did. And that was why he was in detention.

Again.

It wasn’t his fault. He fell asleep in those socks, and maybe he got drunk at a party that night. Point was: Pete was innocent.
Pete sauntered into the half empty classroom where the detentions often took place. He didn’t even have to look around, or really inside, because he came there almost every day, so he knew the room like it was a normal class. He took his regular seat near the window and noticed that Andy was at his desk a few away. Pete put his headphones in and played Panic! At The Disco on Spotify and leaned back against the chair, with his arms behind his head and his eyes closed. Everything was peaceful. That is, until his phone buzzed.

Andy Hey, look at Mr. Onlek

Pete looked up at the teacher at the front of the desk. Or, at least he would be, if he were there.

Pete He’s not here
Andy Exactly
Andy Let’s blow it man
Pete You sure? Did he say anything?
Andy Nah, he just left
Pete Whatever, just be quiet and follow me

Pete pocketed his phone and stood, Andy following his actions. They grabbed their bags and started for the door. Pete made it first so he could check the hall, and seeing that no-one was there, the boys sprinted down the hall and straight out the side door. Andy threw his hands in the air and kept running. Pete was right at his cousin’s side, loving to see him like this.
Pete climbed up an apple tree in someone’s yard and picked two apples for him and Andy. He tossed them down to the other right before jumping down and running across the highway, being encouraged by the angry man yelling after them. They did this almost each day, and he always caught them. It was almost a game to the two.
Andy had just stopped for breath when he noticed a kid running toward them. He was wearing a fedora and a red sweater. His glasses were slightly off balance as he ran, and he kept looking over his shoulder. That’s when the boys stopped walking. Pete could just make out the figure of a man coming over the hill for the boy, whom had just passed by them. They ran for the boy.
“Hey!” Pete was breathing heavily, but still managed to speak. “There’s an alley right past this turn. We can hide there!” He took the boy’s hand and led him around the corner in the street and into a back street that led to many backyards. They all crouched down and watched silently as the man ran past them.
Once the boy steadied his breathing, he spoke up. “Thanks for that.” He was sheepish, shy and calm, but he really meant what he said.
“No problem man.” Andy clapped a hand on the guys shoulder. He flinched.
“Don’t you go to Scott? I think I’ve seen ya around.” Pete asked. He remember bumping into the kid in between his classes, usually when he was being chased by the assholes that infested their school, but he’s definitely seen him before.
“Yea, I’m a Sophomore. My name’s Patrick.” Patrick put his hand out, receiving a handshake from the two boys.
“I’m Pete, this is Andy,” Andy made finger-guns. “Who was that guy chasing you?”
Patrick’s face changed. He was worried and Pete could tell that from his eyes alone that this was a touchy subject.
“You don’t have to answer that now. Do you want to come with us? We live just up the block.” Andy butted in before Pete could say anything else to create more awkward silence later. And, as was intended, the question cleared some of the tension in the air.
“Sure, that’d be great.” Patrick smiled at Andy and got up off the ground. He held out his hand to Pete and helped him up too.

~

When the three got to Pete’s place, Andy unlocked the door and called out for his aunt. After no response is heard, and the door closes, Andy stalks off to the kitchen while Pete showed Patrick the rest of their so called “den”. It was a pretty big house, with many rooms and two bathrooms (which the boys had organized to their own likes), and a very, very big kitchen/dining room. Patrick was in awe of the whole place, and was wondering how their parents could afford the place.
“How do y’all afford this place?” Patrick finally sat on an old couch, which somehow was more comfortable than it looked, and waited for Pete to join him.
“My aunt and mom pay for it, mostly, and we pay for groceries and furniture and other stuff.” Pete replied, sitting with Patrick.
“Wait. Do you guys live alone?” He was surprised, and pretty sure that wasn’t legal.
“Yea, basically.” Pete could sense Patricks confusion. “They come around every once in a while to make sure we’re fine and all. We text and call them too.”
Time passed in silence. Andy joined the group again and slipped a Disney movie into the side of the flat screen on the wall, then placed three sodas on the table and joined the boys on the couch.
Once the movie ended, Patrick stood. “I should probably get going. My dad won’t be happy I’m gone.” He grimaced at the thought of his father, whom he didn’t exactly like to be around. At all.
“That’s cool. Want me to go with ya?” Pete asked.
“No, it’s fine.” ‘And better off’
“See ya. Come back tomorrow if ya can.” Andy went to take Patrick to the door, and came back with another soda in hand.
“Wonder what happened with that guy.” Andy started.
“What guy?” Pete had already forgotten the previous events of the day.
“That guy who chased Patrick down the street. Hope he ain’t his dad.” Andy cringed at the thought, and Pete got worried. What if that guy was his dad? What if he was angrier at Patrick because they had stepped in?
“He’ll be fine, I hope.” Pete mumbled. He didn’t know why he cared about the guy, but he did. Or at least, he thought he did. He really didn’t like violence, despite how many fights he gets in each week.
Sign up to rate and review this story