Categories > Original > Erotica

Andrew In Wonderland

by ebonyrose

Being raised by a witch, I'd thought I'd seen everything until I was sent to Wonderland.

Category: Erotica - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [X] [R] - Published: 2019-09-17 - Updated: 2019-09-17 - 1686 words

?Blocked
Andrew In Wonderland
Chapter One
When A Witch Calls

As I tugged on the heavy iron collar around my neck, I found myself flashing back to the moment that had brought me here. I knew better than to involve myself with those two. When I saw that number flash across my cellphone screen, I just knew trouble was waiting for me on the other end. Gwen was calling and if she was calling it meant some shit had gone wrong with Michelle again. I wanted no part of whatever was going on with them. After twenty years of living with those two witches, I'd had enough. And no, calling them witches isn't my way of being snarky. They are witches. Dark magic, broomsticks, and black cats witches. Though in these modern times they'd traded their broomsticks in for expensive sports cars.

I watched as my cellphone ceased the flashing of the neon blue notification light and felt relief. I thought Gwen had given up on reaching me. I should have known better. Feeling triumphant I'd resisted being dragged back into the world I'd just barely escaped only two months earlier; I tossed my phone to the pillow beside me and rolled onto my stomach. I had to be up in a couple of hours to report to my new job down at the local Grocers. I thought I'd never see this day, but it had finally arrived. I was finally starting my new normal life. A life where I was not Andrew the human rather, I was simply Andrew the new guy in Apartment 3-C. I closed my eyes and settled into the warmth of green and blue plaid comforter on my bed. I was exhausted so it hadn't taken long for me to drift off. Peace at last.

"Andreeeeew! How dare you ignore your mother!" The shrill call of a woman's voice startled me awake. My bed tilted left, right and finally forward tossing all six foot one inches of my frame onto the cool hardwood floors of my apartment.

"What the fuck, Gwen," I hissed as the first round of pained coursed up my tail bone.

"Answer your phone now, Andrew!" My phone which had been tossed to the floor during the ruckus suddenly levitated and flew straight towards me smacking me hard in the face. "Shit!" I yelped out in pain. There was no way that wouldn't leave a bruise.

"Let that be a lesson. When your mother calls, you answer!" Gwen snapped.

"You're not my mother."

"What was that, boy?"

"Nothing," I quickly backed down. I knew all too well what Gwen was capable of when pushed to anger. "Why do I have to call when I can hear you just fine like this?" I rubbed my throbbing cheek, flinching as my finger grazed the half-inch welt just under my right eye.

"Because I'm a modern lady, dear and modern ladies use phones. Now call. I'll be waiting," She answered back.

As suddenly as the heavy air of her presence had come into my darkened room, it was gone. I found my phone where it had fallen and quickly punched in the numbers 205-789-4565. The phone rung once, and Gwen was on the line.

"Andrew, my love. It's so good to hear your voice after so long," Gwen cooed her tone masquerading warmth, but I knew better. In all the twenty years I'd spent with Gwen not once had I ever known sincere warmth from her. Not once and there was no way she was feeling a familial connection to me now. She was up to something. "Why do you insist on dragging your mother back into the dark ages? You know how much I absolutely loathe primitive methods. We have phones and computers. There is no reason I should have to use magic to reach my son." Gwen chided.

"I'm not your son,"

"What was that?"

"Nothing," I tucked my phone between my shoulder and my chin and pushed to my feet. "It's 3 am and I have to be up for work in two hours. Why are you calling at this hour?" I flipped my bed back into an upright position and tossed my comforter and pillows to my mattress. Just as I took a seat at the foot my bed, she said what I'd already suspected.

"It's Michelle."

Of course, it was Michelle. It was always Michelle.

I held the phone in silence. I both wanted and didn't want to know what was going on. You see, things between Michelle and I...well they were complicated. They'd been complicated since I'd first arrived in their care at the age of three and they'd only gotten more complicated as Michelle and I grew older. If I were Superman than Michelle would be my kryptonite. My ultimate weak spot. I collapsed back, lying flat across my bed, my eyes on my bedroom ceiling my phone still firmly planted to my ear. I let out a defeated sigh and asked.

"What happened?" I was going down the rabbit hole.

"She's missing"

"What?" I shot to my feet. "What do you mean by missing?"

"As in gone can't be found," Gwen said her voice cracked. She sounded as if she were crying. That sound coming from an emotionally void creature like Gwen, it chilled me. This was bad.

"How long has she been missing?" Nervous as to what her response would be, I started to pace the floor.

"A month."

"A month!" I parroted with concerned excitement.

"We're talking about Michelle," Gwen continued. "She comes and goes as she pleases. You know she never settles in one place for long. She gets restless very easily. I just figured this was one of those times. That she'd resurface with tales of her latest adventure and sexual conquest but then..." Her voice trailed off

"Then what?" I asked probing for additional information.

"Her magic...it disappeared."

"What? What are you saying? I don't understand any of this. How does magic disappear?" I asked. My mind was moving rapidly but I was struggling to keep up with what I was hearing. Michelle's magic disappeared? Just what was she saying to me?

"It was there one minute and then it was gone." She resumed her voice was low and contemplative as if she too were struggling to frame what she was telling me. "Poof! Like that! I could... before so clearly but now, Andrew, I can't feel my daughter on this plain or the next."

She broke down into full sob and I froze. Couldn't feel her? Was she saying...? A tidal wave of panic rushed over me. I didn't want to think about it. I couldn't think about it. There was no way something that bad had happened. It just couldn't. Gwen didn't have to say it. I understood perfectly. I needed to get home.

"I'm on my way."

I ended the call and beelined for my closet. I slipped on a pair of ripped blue jeans, a red t-shirt, and some black sneakers. I grabbed my army green tote from my closet shelf and proceeded to toss a few items into the bag. Packed, I sent a quick text to my new boss explaining a family emergency required I leave town for a few days. I apologized for the inconvenience and hoped it would be enough to keep me from losing the job I'd only just gotten after nearly a month of searching for employment.

In under twenty minutes, I was packed, in my Jeep and on the Road.

***

Seven Hours, three cups of coffee, and one pee break later I arrived in the one place I'd hoped I'd never see again, Salem. No not Salem Massachusetts home of the famous witch trials Salem Virginia. Michelle and Gwen were witches, not morbid. While Salem Virginia didn't carry the notoriety of the infamous Salem Massachusetts, I'd long imagined that this small town of five thousand, with its deeply religious population held a few secrets of its own. Secrets that could rock this town and rip it in half if one looked close enough. Pushing nostalgia aside, I quickly moved through town. Past Wills Auto Garage, Handy's Hardware a quick right onto Pine Forrest Road and then a left onto Richmond Avenue led to me to what looked to be a cul-de-sac. I whipped my steering wheel left entering onto the unpaved driveway that led to our family home.

After a few minutes of my jeeps wheels turning up gravel and dust, I reached the end of the drive and threw my car into park. My eyes rested on the old brick colonial home that set cliffside underneath one the clearest blue skies I'd seen in some time. It was a scene fit for a postcard. The front door of the house swung open. As Gwen rushed down the stairs my heart dipped to the farthest recesses of my gut. The haggard sight of her quickly reminded me of why I had come back to the place I vowed I'd never return. Michelle was missing.

"Andrew...Andrew!" the usually stoic woman called out as she collapsed against me. She was in full sob. Again, I can't stress enough how unnerving it all was. Honestly, I shouldn't have given a shit. Like I said, Gwen had hardly been a true mother to me. That's not to say she hated me, but my presence was met with a kind of haphazard indifference. I was there to cook, clean, help her procure ingredients for her potions and spells be a subject for her experiments some of which left me near death. I know it's a bit cliché to say but, I really and truly shouldn't be alive after what I've been through. Despite knowing I meant very little to this woman, I couldn't help but feel for her at that moment. Her hanging on to me sobbing hysterically was the most human this creature had ever been. Ever.

"Let's get you inside." I took Gwen by the arm and gently led her back up the steps and into the house.
Sign up to rate and review this story