Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket

Nobody Knows Me

by jennypoo

Momiji is viciously attacked on his way home one night. It leads to him dealing with some emotions he had managed to keep hidden away from everyone, even from himself. Will he be able to find his o...

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Akito, Hatori, Hatsuharu, Kyo, Momiji, Tohru, Yuki - Warnings: [!] [R] [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-09-24 - Updated: 2006-09-25 - 9744 words

?Blocked
Warning: I do not own Fruits Basket... it would be cool if I did... but I don't... so don't sue me... please...
Double Warning: This story contains violence, rape, slash/yaoi (Maybe...), reference to rape, abuse, and reference to abuse. Do not read if you are under the age of 16, or if that isn't your thing... If you do read it and it isn't your thing, do not blast me with flames... I did warn you... but feel free to blast me with flames for other reasons...
Triple Warning: I've only read manga's 1-9, and have not see the anime (yet), so this story will only work going along with those books... so things may be off... sorry... I don't have the other mangas yet... (and it makes me sad!)
Ok, enough with the warnings... enjoy...

Nobody Knows Me

Momiji was not paying attention on his way home from the dojo, ignoring the fact that his Sensei has specifically told him to go right home. He had never been that good getting from one place to the other without getting a little side tracked, and usually it was more than a little side tracked.

The sun was now almost gone, its light quickly dimming, even though Shishou had let him out with plenty of time to get home before sunset. Shishou knew that the city streets weren't safe at night, especially for someone like Momiji who didn't tend to pay attention to his surroundings.

Momiji had first been side tracked by some street venders selling cheep but cute bracelets; he had to get one for Tohru. He picked a pink one with a flower pattern for her, then he got himself a purple one with a bunny symbol, it matched his nail polish. Then he decided he had to get Tohru some flowers, which led him off his normal pathway home to Shigure's house.

Tohru had been extra nice to Momiji since he had started living at Shigure's house. So nice that Momiji just had to get her a present. He was planning on getting her some pink flowers to match the bracelet.

He liked living with Tohru and the other a lot better than living at the main house, even if Shigure was always teasing him, and Kyo could sometimes be grumpy.

At Shigure's house he didn't have to worry as much about Akito and his new abnormal obsession of him. Momiji still didn't understand why Akito had hurt him so bad that time. Momiji couldn't understand what he had done to bring on such anger. He had never done anything to Akito; he had always done what he was told. Just that one time he had said no, and Akito's anger had been unimaginable.

Momiji had cried a little in the days after Akito hurt him, but only once in front of anyone. Momiji didn't like other people to see him sad. It wasn't fair to them; he should always be happy and try to make everyone else happy. He didn't want to drag other people down into his unhappiness.

The person he cried in front of was Hatori. He had just held Momiji telling him that it was all right. He promised to keep him safe from then on. Momiji like Hatori a lot, he was always kind to him. Never yelled at him telling him that he was annoying like so many other members of his family did. Sometimes he wished Hatori were his father. He knew Hatori would have protected him, and would never have turned a blind eye to how bad he had been hurting at the main house.

Momiji wasn't aware off all the background work that went on to get him away from that cursed house. Wasn't aware of all the sweet talking and favors Shigure and Hatori had to pull with Akito. And defiantly was not aware of the role Hatsuharu was taking on in his absence. If he had he probably would not have moved. The thought that Haru was taking on his roll even willingly, would have been too upsetting for him. Of course that is why no one bothered to tell him. Momiji was just the kind of person everyone wanted to protect, even if they said or acted otherwise.

On the way to the flower shop, Momiji got sidetracked again, this time by a litter of kittens. Someone was giving them away for free, and they were so cute. Momiji wondered if Tohru would like one for a pet. She seemed to really like cats, or at least she really liked Kyo. Momiji wished he could talk to the kittens like Kyo could, then he could ask them if they wanted to come home with him, or if they wanted to stay with their family.

All he could do was talk to rabbits, which he didn't get a chance to do very often, living in the city and all. The last rabbits he had talked to were the ones around Shigure's house, asking them not to eat Yuki garden, they had just laughed at him though, and hadn't listened. Rabbits tended to have trouble doing what they were told.

Momiji played with the kitten's until darkness had fallen over the entire city before he finally realized how late it was. He knew he had to get home than, Tohru would start to worry soon. She might even call Shishou, than he would be in a lot of trouble.

Momiji tried to walk quickly back to the house, without being distracted again, he walked past dark ally after ally without looking in them knowing something might distract or scare him.
That's why he didn't hear his attackers approach.

"Lookey here boys, a little mouse had wondered our way."
Momiji spun around to see three boys or maybe men standing behind him. The one that had just spoken was the largest one, and he was almost as filled out as Shigure. Making him almost twice Momiji size. They all wore red leather jackets, and had their hair died a bright red color.

"Rabbit, not mouse." Momiji smiled at them, not yet sensing the danger. Just because people look scary didn't mean they were scary. He was use to Kyo.

"Shit man!" The man to the right exclaimed to his friends, "That's a boy!"

"Of course I'm a boy!" Momiji pulled out his skirt/short thingies and curtsied a little, "I look better in these cloths than boys cloths." Momiji was use to people making a big deal out of the way he dressed. Some of the boy at school had been mean at first, but he had managed to stick it out and they were all his friends now.

"Fuck, you're right!" The third one eyed over the small boy in front of him. He was cute, cute enough to satisfy them for the night.

"So you look better in the clothing, what about the nail polish? Or the earrings?" The middle one asked he seemed to be the leader.

"They match the clothing!" Momiji smiled at them, but backed up a few feet, he noticed how close they were, slowly moving towards him. Sensei had told him time and time again, not to trust everyone and to not allow yourself to get into a dangerous situation.

"Do they?" The leader asked, closing in the distance between him and the boy with two large steps. The kid quickly backed himself into a wall. He could see the fear starting to show in the boy's eyes. It was hot, he loved that look; it made him feel so powerful.

Momiji just nodded looking for a way out, but the three had cornered him in, his only way out was to talk them out of it or fight and run.

"You know what?" The leader asked looking at his men, "Why don't we teach this fairy just what it means to be a fairy."
Momiji squeaked to that, realizing what they planned on doing to him.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you fairy?" The leader leaned in close, too close; Momiji could smell his rank breath.

Momiji shook his head, trying desperately to think of a plan to save himself. Before he could the rank breath man slammed him into the wall hard almost knocking the breath out of him.

"Please don't." Momiji pleaded. But the attacker just pulled him into a harsh kiss. It was disgusting, and it caused Momiji to act on pure instinct. He quickly bit down hard on the boy's lower lip, bringing his knee up hard contacting with his attacker's soft spot hard. The man let out a moan, doubling over in pain, Momiji quickly pushed him hard out of his way taking off running.

"Get him!" The leader moaned in pain to his two friends.
Momiji ran as fast as he could, unaware that he was just running himself deeper into the ally trapping himself. The two caught up to him just as he hit a dead end.

"You're fucked now." One of them laughed.

"Yea, you're going to pay." The other one growled throwing a sloppy punch. Momiji easily dogged it, grabbing the boy's arm spinning around to give him a hard side punch to the face. He felt the contact and the tingly pain in his fist as he started running the other way down the ally.

"He fucking punched me!" The boy growled, holding his bloody nose.

The other boy took off after Momiji tacking him to the ground. Momiji struggled wildly as the boy tried to pin him. He managed to bring a knee up into the boy's side causing the boy to lose his breath. Momiji slipped out of his grasp and got to his feet. The boy with the blood nose was already right by him throwing a less sloppy punch this time, catching Momiji off guard hitting him hard in the temple. Momiji could see stars, but managed to duck the next punch, kicking the boy hard in the shin.

"FUCK!" The boy sobbed grabbing his bruising leg. Momiji took off again, only to run straight into the leader. The impact didn't affect the leader much, but it caused Momiji to fall on his ass hard. Before Momiji had a chance to recover, a firm kick made contact with his face.

"You're going to pay kid." The leader growled. Momiji clutched his bloody nose. He aimed a kick at the leaders shins but the leader easily got out of the way.

"We were going to go easy on you." He tacked Momiji, easily pinning him the time using his legs to keep Momiji's from kicking, grabbing both of Momiji hands pinning them above his head.

"Weren't we going to go easy on him?" The leader looked up at his friends who had recovered and were squatting around the small boy.

The both nodded.

"But now we aren't." The leader leaned in forcing Momiji into a kiss, Momiji tried to fight it again but before he got a chance his attacker bit down hard on his bottom lip like he had done, kneeing him in the crotch.

Momiji sobbed in pain, he was starting to panic. He was stuck now, and these men planed on hurting him real bad. Momiji fought the panic, he couldn't get too upset, or he would change into his rabbit form. And the men attacking him would freak out and probably kill him. Unlike most of the other zodiac members, his form made him weaker.

"His hands." The leader motioned for one of his lackey to grab Momiji hands. The boy kneeled on his arms, causing Momiji to wince in pain, the boy was heavy, and Momiji could feel his bones straining, and his skin grinding into the ground.

The leader used his now free hands to pull out a large hunting knife. Momiji's eyes widen in fear as the man brought his knife close to Momiji's face rubbing the cold metal against him.

"Don't..." Momiji sobbed.

"Don't what?" The leader asked bringing the edge of the knife against Momiji neck.

"Please..."

"A little late for that isn't it?" The leader snickered, running the knife against the pale skin leaving a red trail in its path.

"But don't worry, we aren't going to kill ya first." The leader whispered into his ears.

Momiji swallowed hard, closing his eyes, trying not to panic, he was terrified, his emotions were out of control.

"Hurry up will ya?" The boy on his hands pleaded shifting his weight; Momiji heard the snap before he felt the pain as the first bone broke. He bit back a scream.

"Don't rush me!" The leader growled bringing his knife slowly down Momiji's body before snaking it up under his shirt.
Momiji closed his eyes tight praying that someone would come and find him. Anyone he didn't even care if it was someone like Akito. Anyone it didn't matter who, but in his heart he knew no one would come.

When it came down to it Momiji knew he was alone, people care about him, but no one really cared about him. He was someone to hug once and a while, someone to smile at, someone not to yell at because he was so nice. But he wasn't someone to love, someone to give your life too. He was just Momiji, the beautiful carefree kid, that no one really gave a fuck about.

"You paying attention bitch?" A hard smack brought Momiji out of his thoughts, he was good that, good at sinking deep into his mind ignoring everything around him. It was what he had always done with Akito.

Momiji just looked at the leader with hard eyes, almost a glare.

"Haha, he looks pissed." The boy squatting next to him laughed.

"Yea, well not for long..." The leader smirked cutting off Momiji's shirt. Momiji could feel the cold wind on his bare chest.

'It's cold tonight.' Momiji thought to himself, trying to bring himself back in to his mind, he knew he wouldn't be able to deal otherwise.

But it didn't work, as the leader sliced off his shorts none to gently leaving deep slash marks on his legs. Momiji panicked and started fighting with everything he had.

000

"Has anyone seen Momiji?" Tohru asked walking into the living room where everyone was, even Kyo who appeared to actually be doing homework.

"No, and thank goodness. I've actually been able to get work done." Kyo told her looking up from his work.

"Yes, blessed silence..." Shigure sighed.

"If you weren't so stupid you'd be able to work with Momiji here, I have no problem with it." Yuki baited.

"SHUT UP! I'M NOT STUPID!" Kyo yelled, standing up quickly so he could loom over Yuki.

Tohru really wished Yuki wouldn't say things like that; he knew they just pissed Kyo off. With everything else Yuki always seemed so calm and mature, but put Kyo and Yuki in a room and they both were little children again.

"Stupid is as stupid does." Yuki calmly told him, standing up, ready for a fight.

"SHUT UP!" Kyo growled.

"If you two break anything else in my house so help me god I will take every penny out of your savings accounts." Shigure told them without looking up from his book. His book literally, it was one of the books that he had written several years ago. It was actually third in a series of books titled, 'I Know it's Wrong But Let's Do It Anyway..." Now that he was reading it again, he remembered how good it actually was.

"So have anyone seen Momiji?" Tohru asked again, trying to side track them from a fight.

"NO! We told you!" Kyo yelled at her, not really meaning to yell so harshly.

"Don't take your anger out on her, just cause your stupid." Yuki was really baiting Kyo, he was in a bad mood.

"I'M NOT!" Kyo growled.

"He should be back from the dojo by now shouldn't he?" Tohru asked.

"He should have been back two hours ago." Shigure looked at his watch.

"Maybe we should call Shishou." Tohru thought out loud, "But I don't want to disturb him..."

"Momiji is probably just wandering." Yuki reminded her, Momiji did that a lot.

"Yea, but he never wanders after dark." Tohru told him.

"Really... what about two weeks ago." Kyo asked sitting back down.

"Well, he wasn't wandering, he was at a movie..." Tohru pointed out.

"Yea, but we didn't know where he was did we?" Momiji annoyed Kyo.

"Well yea..."

"Then don't worry." Kyo knew Momiji could handle himself when it came down to it, Momiji wasn't as good of a fighter as him, but he was better then your average person when it came to fighting.

"Could you just call Shishou, Please?" Tohru was worried about Momiji, and no matter how much Momiji wandered she was going to worry about him every time.

"FINE!" Kyo yelled, the only reason he was doing it was because of Tohru asked, he wouldn't have done it any other way.

000

Kyo set down the phone; the others were looking at him,

"Shishou said he let him out over two and a half hours ago. He is going to start walking to our house to see if Momiji is sidetracked somewhere. I'm going to start walking to the dojo and meet Shishou half way." Kyo sighed he really was going to kill the kid when he found him for getting his Sensei so worried.

"I'm coming too." Tohru informed him.

"No way in HELL!" Kyo told her.

They left the house together in search of Momiji...

000

"So you saw no signs of him either?" Shishou sighed. He knew Momiji living at Shigure's house was a good idea, but that meant Momiji had to walk home alone from the dojo twice a week. Haru had lessons at the same time, but he lived at the main house, and it would have been way out of his way to walk Momiji home then go back to the main house. And with Haru there was always the worry of him getting lost on the way.

Momiji was a good kid, intelligent too, but he did tend to be rather spacey. But to give him some credit at least he did have a sense of direction.

"No, no signs." Kyo growled, he just couldn't understand why Momiji couldn't just home right home, like a normal person would. "We need a tracking device on him or something."

"Or a cell phone." Tohru worried.

"That would be a good idea." Shishou wished he had thought of it. They could make sure Momiji always carried it, than when he took off like this they could just call him.

"Yea, cell phones have tracking devices on them too." Kyo smirked.

"Well that isn't going to help us now, any idea where to look next?" Shishou asked.

"There are so many places stupid Momiji would be sidetracked." Kyo whined, "Maybe we should just go home and wait for him there. He always comes back."

"I don't think that would be wise. Momiji shouldn't be wandering the city at night." Sometimes Shishou wished he could have done something to help Kyo with his temper. But when it came down to it he knew he would rather have a Kyo with a sharp temper, then having a Kyo with no hope.

"Hey! I have an idea, why don't you ask an ally cat?" Tohru asked, noticing a cat walking by.

Kyo was about to yell how that was a stupid idea, before Shishou interrupted him,
"That would be a wonderful idea."

"Fine I guess..." Kyo muttered.

000

Fighting with everything he had didn't work. The boys that had pinned him were way to strong. Fighting only caused another bone to break in his already broken arm. The pain was intense; it caused his vision to blur. Momiji prayed for unconsciousness, anything that would get him away from his situation, even if it was only loss consciously.

"You aren't getting away you fucking fruit!" The leader whispered harshly into his ear. Before kissing his way down Momiji's neck. Momiji flinched with every kiss, the touches felt like they were burning him. He didn't want them, but he was too weak to stop them. The kissing ended with a hard bite on the shoulder, the leader drew blood gashing into his shoulder muscle. Momiji gasped in pain, his whole body jerking, which only caused his arm to hurt even more. He bit his lip to keep from screaming tasting blood that was already on his lip from the kick.

"Hurry will ya?" One of the boys whined, "We all want a turn."

"Yea, and don't tear him up to bad." The other one warned, eagerly awaiting his turn.

Momiji closed his eyes tightly, wondering how could they just talk like that? How could they act like he didn't exist? Like what they were doing wasn't even to another human being?

"FINE!" The leader growled, ripping apart Momiji legs and knelling between them before violently shoving a finger to the small boy under him, not bothering to find any lubrication.
Momiji sobbed in pain, it hurt a surprisingly lot, no one had ever been this violent with him sexually.

"Please don't." Momiji sobbed, almost choking on his own blood, noticing for the first time how blood was flowing freely from his nose. It throbbed but it was unnoticeable compared to the pain in his arm.

"Shut up." Followed by a hard smack was the only reply he got. Momiji saw stars but unconscious did not take over.

The smack was followed by the adding of another finger.
Momiji couldn't deal with it, maybe the pain he could deal with, but not the feeling of helplessness, not the feelings of total violation.

The leader was in too much of a hurry to do a proper job of stretching Momiji out. After just a few moments of the use of two fingers he removed them. And started working on unzipping his own pants.

Momiji closed his eyes again sobbing, "Please don't, please don't." Which of course was ignored.

Momiji could feel the leader positioning himself, but Momiji refused to open his eyes. He didn't want to look at the object that would soon be violating him. He didn't want any of this to be happening. He thought again, how he couldn't deal with it.
The leader entered him violently, and Momiji couldn't keep back his screams, which filled the dirty alleyway. Before his mouth was covered with the grimy hand of the one violating him.

The leaders thrusts were brutal and with everyone Momiji could feel more and more of his insides ripping. It was pain he had never experienced before, it was like he was being ripped in two. And his only outlet for the pain was being denied by the dirty hand holding back his screams. He wanted them free, echoing though the filthy little ally he was losing the last of his innocence in.

His screams would have covered the noise too. The leaders quickening grunts as he found pleasure in stealing something from someone that should never be stolen. The laughs of the one holding him, as he used his own body weight to keep the small boy from moving under this leaders sadistic thrusts. Then last silencing the other boy's words, which lied and told Momiji 'how he obviously was enjoying himself, and how that is what he deserved. Walking around like a fag meant he deserved to be treated like one.' Momiji wanted the words to stop, because he was starting to wonder if they were true.
When the leader was done he quickly removed himself from the child.

Momiji stomach revolted than, from the pain and the horror. The hand and the blood almost made him choke on it.

"We have a puker." One of the boy's laughed as Momiji turned his head to the side to empty stomach.

"Damn it! I hate it when they puke." The leader growled removing his weight from Momiji, then wiping himself off with the rags that were Momiji's clothing.

"Your turn." The leader motioned for the boy at the side to take over.

"Why to I always go last!" The boy on his hands whined.

"Cause we're better than you!" Growled the one boy before he violently entered Momiji.

Momiji wasn't allowed any screams this time, they covered his mouth in time.

000

"Yea, these kittens saw him..." Kyo sighed. He had just spent the last five minutes listening to the praise of the blond haired boy that had played with them.

"He apparently played with them for a while. Till after it was dark."

"I can see why! They are so cute!" Tohru gently petted the small kitten that was in her arms, his eyes half closed enjoying the touch.

"Did they see where he went after?" Shishou asked absently petting one of the kittens.

"That way." Kyo pointed in the directions the cats a motioned. It wasn't the normal way home, but it could be taken as a short cut. A rather unsafe short cut, especially at night.

The three of them started walking in the direction their friend had gone.

"Why would he take this direction?" Tohru asked, even as spaced out as she seemed, she knew enough not to take this way home.

"It's faster." Kyo informed her.

"But not safer..." Shishou muttered. He knew even with all Momiji's training, there was no way he was good enough to fight off a gang of men.

He looked over at Kyo suddenly sensing something was wrong. He saw his adopted son's ears perk up.

"Hear something?" He asked.

"Yea... sounded like a scream!" Kyo took off running in the direction he had heard the screams from.

000

The second boy finished quickly, by this time the pain was causing Momiji to slip in an out of a half conscience.

"Please no more..." Momiji wanted to scream, as the second boy slipped out of him removing his weight off him.

"It's my turn now pretty." The third boy laughed removing his weight off Momiji's arms. The sharp pain reminded Momiji just how broken his arm was. But it allowed him to use his left hand, he clawed at the hand covering his mouth.

"Ouch!" The boy whined, "He fucking scratched me! Stupid cunt!"

The boy grabbed at Momiji's hand, "I'm gonna make you pay for that!"

He managed to get a hold on Momiji's hand, Momiji saw a glint of metal.

"This is gonna hurt." He smirked prying one figure from the rest. Momiji screamed and started to fight again. He couldn't lose a finger, he couldn't, if he did he would never play again. He would never be able to have the concert for his family, for Tohru. The boy had other plans though, he fished the knife under Momiji's finger before slicing upward.
Screams filled the ally. It hurt more than his broken arm.

"One down, nine to go." The boy giggled.

000

Kyo ran down the streets ahead of everyone. He didn't have special powers, but for some reason his hearing had always been better than everyone else. But he got confused; it was hard to tell exactly where the scream had come from. It wasn't till the screams started again, that he knew the right direction.
What he came upon he hadn't been prepared for. Three men hunched over a screaming boy. It only took a second for him to notice the light blond hair of Momiji.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Kyo screamed at him, before running at full speed at them.

"Who are you, his boyfriend." One of the men stood up. He was taller than Kyo, and Kyo could see the glint of a bloody knife in his hand. Kyo got a sickening feeling that it was Momiji's blood on the knife.

Kyo didn't wait for the men to say anything else or to attack first. He let his temper get the best of him and lunched feet first at the closest man.

By the time Shishou and Tohru made it, the fight was already in full swing. Kyo had managed not to get caught or pinned, but the men he was fighting did know how to fight.

"Kyo!" Shishou shouted, kicking a knife out of one of the boy's hand.

It took Tohru a moment to notice Momiji laying on a dirty ground.

000

Tohru ran to Momiji, she fought the urge to hug him. She didn't want to make matter worse by turning him into a rabbit. But she didn't know what else to do, Momiji was laying on the ground, naked, covered in his own blood.

"Momiji." Tohru sobbed, knelling down next to him, she couldn't stop the tears in her eyes, she didn't know what to do.

Momiji only response to show that he had heard was to turn his head away from her, sobbing quietly.

Tohru gently touched his hand; she saw a shutter pass though Momiji's entire body, but again got no other response. She looked at the arm, it was at a weird angle, she could tell that it was obviously broken. She looked at his other hand, which he was clenching tightly to his chest, blood was pouring out of it. She turned away from the site, only to be confronted by what looked like two bloody fingernails lying on the ground. She felt herself gagging, but resisted the urge vomit.

The boys where no match for Shishou, even they realized this, taking off running away from the damage they had cause.

"KYO!" Shishou screamed at his son, who took off following them.

"I'm gonna kill them!" Kyo shouted back, Kyo knew his anger was getting the better of him, he felt like a black Haru.

"We don't have time for that!" Shishou shouted, "We have to take care of Momiji." Shishou knew that would bring his son back to his sense. Shishou didn't want more blood on his son's hands, he would take care of the others' later. Anyone that would hurt Momiji didn't deserve to live.

Shishou ran back towards Momiji, the whole scene was a mess, for the first time that night he wished that Tohru hadn't come. Her face seemed almost as pained at Momiji, she looked like she was going to faint.

"Kyo take care of Tohru." Shishou commanded, pulling his outer layer of his rob off as he ran towards Momiji.

"Momiji." He whispered when he got to the boy, it was obvious he had been raped, he could see the tell a tale marks, and the blood between his legs. He could also tell that his arm was broken, and the men had been torturing him. Two of Momiji fingernails were missing.

Momiji didn't respond to him.

"Momiji, don't worry, we are going to take you home, everything will be all right." Shishou comforted, Momiji was still conscience, but he wasn't really there.

"I'm going to wrap this cloak around you, than pick you up, ok Momiji?" Shishou didn't get any answer, but he did the action anyway, being careful with Momiji's arm and hand.

Momiji started shacking uncontrollably once in Shishou's hands. He could tell that Momiji didn't seem to realize whom he was with.

"We are going to take you home your safe now." Shishou gently told the small boy in his arms.

00000

Hatori sunk down next to Shigure at the kitchen table lighting a cigarette.

"Is he ok?" Shigure asked, looking rather pale. He knew he always came off as a clown that didn't care about anything, but the rabbit had a special place in his heart.

"Well how can he?" Hatori growled. He really didn't like having to treat the kind of wounds he had treated on Momiji, and he had done it a lot in the short time he had been a doctor.

"I meant he doesn't need to go to the hospital?" Shigure clarified.

"No, normally I would say yes, but being in the hospital would only make him worse. He doesn't do well in that sort of environment."

Shigure nodded thinking about how soon they would have their own wing at the local hospital.

"I have all the samples I need for the test I have to run. To make sure he didn't catch..." Hatori didn't bother finishing his sentence it bothered him too much. The whole situation bothered him too much. He just didn't understand why no one in their family could catch a break. Bad shit always seem to go out of its way to find them.

"Yuki is sitting with him, he stayed the whole time I was working on him. He has a strong stomach. Those bastards cut his fucking fingernails off." Hatori violently flicked the ashes off his cigarette causing it to break. He put it out, lighting another one.

"His arm is broken in several places. We are going to have to be really careful that it heals properly or he won't have full usage of it. We have to make sure that he doesn't accidentally transform, I will have to put the bandage on again if he does."
Shigure nodded again, allowing his good friend to vent.

"Seven stitches! They ripped him up so bad that's how many he needed. That doesn't include the 15 stitches he needed on his legs where he was slashed with a knife.

He was awake for a while, before the medication kicked in, he looked so... so broken. How are we going to fix that? How can we make any of this better?

And his father! Where the fuck is he? You called him right?"
Shigure nodded.

"Than where the fuck is he?!"

"He said he couldn't leave without it looking suspicious. Something about a benefit dinner." Shigure lit his own cigarette.

" I hate that man!" Hatori growled. "What is with our family, everyone in it has shitty parents, or are shitty parents!"

"Well welcome to the Sohma family."

0000

Yuki sat quietly next to Momiji. He couldn't believe what had happened. Momiji was supposed to be safe at their house.
He had forced himself to stay while Hatori healed him. It wasn't like Momiji had anyone else that cared about him that much, besides of course Hatori.

Yuki didn't know when it had started, and he had always cared about Momiji. But lately all he could think about what the rabbit.

The only thing that had stopped him from taking off after those who had hurt him was the fact that Shishou had said he would take care of it.

He had wanted to deal with it himself. These men that had hurt Momiji, at least he could do something about it. Akito was untouchable for him. Shigure could deal with Akito in his way. Hatori could quietly work Akito. Kyo could yell at Akito. But Yuki couldn't do anything to him. He just couldn't, the man terrified him too much. Even after learning what Akito had been doing to Momiji, that Momiji had taken his place in the house of horror, he could do nothing.

But he knew there was something he could have done. He could have gone back, moved back to his old room. Akito would have found him there Momiji would have been safe.

Yuki knew he could never make up to Momiji what he had done to him. His weakness had gotten him hurt, and once again this time he had failed to protect him.

0000

Kyo lay next to Tohru in her bed. Normally he won't even consider trying to sleep next to her, but for now he had to be with her.

Hatori said she was in shock. That she needed to stay lying down with her feet up. He had given her something to help her sleep. But he couldn't leave her, she kept whimpering in her sleep.

He wished he had forced her to stay at the house. How could he have let her go with him? He hadn't been thinking. That was his problem. He was never thinking. He didn't think that Momiji needed them to come find him. If he had left right away maybe he could have lest stopped them from raping him, or at least one of them from doing it. It made him feel sick to know what had happened. That someone could do that to someone else. That Tohru had been forced to see it was just icing on the fucking cake.

0000

"You're Yuki Sohma aren't you!"

Yuki turned to see a small blond haired boy smiling at him. The boy was strangely dressed, wearing light pink overalls, with a giant flower patch on the front, and lots of multi-colored patches in various places on the overalls. Under he had a bright green tank top.

Yuki recognized him form somewhere, it took him a while to realize it was his cousin, the rabbit in the zodiac.

"Hello, Sohma Momiji." Yuki told him formally. He was at the main house waiting for Akito to come for him. He hated it there, Akito was always telling him mean things.

"How old are you Yuki?" Momiji asked excitedly. He hadn't been allowed to talk to any of the other zodiac members before. His mother always had yelled at him when he did before, but she wasn't there. She was in talking with Akito.

"Six years old." Yuki informed him. Yuki could hear yelling on the other side of the door. He wondered what the people where fighting about, hoping it wouldn't put Akito in a bad mood.

"I'm FIVE!" Momiji held up his fingers to show his age, "Well really I'm ALMOST five, but Daddy says I can SAY I'm five." Momiji smiled brightly.

Yuki didn't reply back, his cousin was way to energetic for him.
"You're the rat aren't you? I'm the rabbit. When a girl hugs me, I turn into a rabbit. When Mama hugs me I turn into a rabbit. But Mama never hugs me. She doesn't like rabbits. Or she doesn't like me. But that is ok, because I love her very much.

Do you love your Mama? Does your Mama hug you? I hope she hugs you all the time. My Daddy hugs me sometimes. But most of the time he his trying to get Mama to stop crying. She cries a lot, Because I'm a monster." Momiji smiled at him.

Yuki wondered why Momiji could call himself a monster and smile about it.

"Does your Mama call you a monster? Does she? Does she say she loves you? Does she?" Momiji looked at him waiting for him to answer.

Yuki said nothing back.

"Here want a lollypop?" Momiji pulled the candy out of his overall pockets. He put one in his mouth. Yuki took the candy but didn't open it.

"I'm going to hug you!" Momiji smiled at him before jumping at him pulling him into a tight hug.

Yuki fought it, he wasn't use to people touching him. His mother and brother never did, and he never wanted Akito to. Yuki pushed Momiji to the ground.

"What's wrong Yuki? You can't transform. I'm a boy."

"Don't touch me!" Yuki growled.

"I'm sorry." Tears filled Momiji's eyes.

Yuki could feel himself starting to feel guilty.
"Fine you can hug me, but you have to be quick." Yuki had a feeling his mother would be mad he she saw him even talking to another zodiac member.

"Yippy!!!" Momiji jumped up and down, before pulling Yuki into another hug.

"We're cousins Yuki, so I will always love you ok?" Momiji told him while still in the hug.

The door of Akito's room opened right as Yuki pulled back from the hug. Out of the door walked a woman, her hair wild and her eyes bloodshot.

"Come on." She hissed Momiji, not even looking at him.
Momiji waved at Yuki but didn't say anything as he followed his 'Mother' down the hall.

000

"Tell me why!" Shishou yelled slamming the red hair man into the wall once again. One of his lackeys made a move to get up, but a firm kick to the head sent them back to the ground.

"I don't know." The man whimpered, "The money, it was too good."

"WHAT!" Shishou growled, connect in knee with the spot between the leader's legs. He sobbed in pain.

"Who hired you!" Shishou had thought it was just a random crime, now he knew better.

"I don't know." The leader sobbed.

"Tell me." Shishou threatened, "Or you are going to start losing fingernails like you did to your victim."

"I don't know!" The leader sobbed again, "Just some creepy man just a couple years older than us. He said it was fitting punishment for the one that had left him. Please we were just doing what we were told..."

Shishou didn't let him continue, a quick punch sent him to the ground. Shishou had all the information he needed. He knew now that Akito had once again hurt Momiji beyond repair.

0000

"Where you talking to that monster? Being a freak isn't enough? You have to make other freak friends?" Momiji's hysterical mother shouted at the small boy.

"I was talking to him Mother, but he wasn't bad, he wasn't..."
The woman didn't let her son continue, a hard smack sent him flying though the room, knocking him into a wall.

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU!" She screamed, "WHAT DID I TELL YOU!"

"I'm sorry!" Momiji sobbed, gently placing his hand over where his mother had hit him, it stung, but where he had collided with the wall hurt more.

"YOU'RE SORRY! YOU'RE SORRY!" She screams grabbing the small boy by the front of his overalls shaking him violently.

"That boy! He was a monster! JUST LIKE YOU! A disgusting, horrid monster. I can't believe something like you came out of my body!" The woman smacks the boy again before leaving to the other room the kitchen.

"Mother please I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Momiji sobbed, he hadn't meant to make his mother mad, he just wanted to talk to Yuki. Someone else like him, a monster, to try and see what she saw. To see why she thought he was a monster, butt he hadn't seen a monster in Yuki. He had seen his cousin, a polite boy who would be fun to play with.

"I should have never had you!" Momiji's mother reenters the room, a metal knife gleaming in her hand.

"A monster like you doesn't deserve to live."

"Mother please!" Momiji was starting to get scared.

"What, are you going to plead for your life now? Plead that your monster soul can continue living? What makes you think you are worthy of life? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT I WANT YOU!"

"Mother... Mamma... please...."

"NO!! I'm going to wipe you from this earth!" The woman pulled back the knife getting ready to strike.

"That is enough." A firm hand grabbed Momiji's hysterical mother's arm before she could strike.

"You would kill our own son?" The man asked, looking at his wife.

"That THING isn't my son!" She screamed.

0000

Momiji whimpered in his sleep causing Yuki to awake from his dream with a jolt. He had been dreaming about the past, he wondered what his younger cousin was dreaming about. Yuki considered waking Momiji, but knew he better not, Momiji needed the sleep.

0000

"KYO!" A young Momiji jumped down from a tree onto his cousin.

"Get off me runt!" Kyo hissed, pushing his younger cousin off his shoulders onto the ground.

"Kyo I didn't know you played out here!" Momiji quickly jumped off the ground.

"Well if you play out here I'm not going to anymore."

"Wanna play together!" Momiji ignored Kyo's words.

"NO!" Kyo growled, starting to walk away. He didn't need friends, he didn't want friends, and he especially didn't want the rabbit hanging around him.

"You live with Shishou now don't you?" Momiji asked following the orange haired boy.

"Yes, so what!" Kyo yelled.

"Your Mamma died?" Momiji asked, he had heard about it from some of the adults. They had been saying what a monster his cousin Kyo was, how he had killed his own mother.

"It wasn't my fault!" Kyo screamed at him, pushing him to the ground.

"I have a mamma, but she doesn't remember me." Momiji told him from the ground.

"SO!"

"I'm a monster like you." Momiji quietly told him.

Kyo looked at him, not knowing what to say back.

"Your bracelet, it keeps it hidden on you, but everyone can see it in me. My mother saw it, Akito can see it." Momiji didn't cry, he just looked at the dirt in front of him.

"You don't look like a monster to me." Kyo looked at the boy strangely, no one had ever told him that he didn't look like a monster.

"But I am." Momiji looked up at him smiling, but even Kyo could see the sadness in his face.

"Fine, what do you want to play." Kyo sighed, the boy was annoying but he could be nice to him for a little while.

0000

Kyo awoke to two large brown eyes staring at him.

"Kyo what are you doing in my bed?" Tohru quietly asked him.
"Oh... shit..." Kyo quickly jumped out of the bed.

"OH, no no no, you can stay, I was just wondering... it is your house and all... I'm a guest; you can sleep wherever you want... I was just wondering..." Tohru babbled.

"Tohru." Kyo interrupted, "I was just worried... You seemed so upset..."

"Oh..." Tohru remembered what had happened earlier.

"Is he..."

"He's in the other room, sleeping." Kyo sighed, he didn't know what else to tell her.

"I should do something, I should make him something." Tohru jumped out of bed, she was still in the cloths she had been wearing earlier.

"Soup. I'll make soup. Soup makes everyone feel better. Do you want something to eat? I could make rice balls? Do you want some."

"Tohru sit down." Kyo growled a little harsher then he had wanted.

"You don't have to do anything, it's the middle of the night. You should just go back to sleep."

"Sleep?" Tohru asked, thinking about how she was never going to be able to sleep at least not alone.

"Yes, sleep, haven't you ever heard of it stupid?" Kyo asked jokingly.

"Yes, I've heard of sleep." Tohru didn't get that he was joking.

"Well I'll leave ya to it." Kyo went to leave the room.

"Kyo wait... if it isn't to much trouble, I mean if you don't mind..."

"Just say what you're going to say!" Kyo growled he hated it how Tohru never asked from anything, how she could never say what she wanted.

"I mean... if you don't mind... could you stay here for the night... I mean if it's too much of a bother... you don't have to... I can sleep on the floor if you're unconformable... I just... I just can't be alone... I..."

"Its fine." Kyo interrupted her, "It won't hurt us to share the bed."

00000

"How is my stupid rabbit?"

Momiji closed his eyes tightly as he could, he could feel the older man's breathing on his face, but he didn't want to look, he couldn't look.

"I heard your father ditched you again today, said he wanted to be with people he cared about?" Akito hissed.

Momiji tried to block out the words, but they stung too much, he knew they weren't lies.

"You know I'm the only one that loves you, the only one that could ever love you, you're a monster, even your own mother couldn't love you." Akito gently licked his cheek, Momiji wanted to pull back away from the burning touch, but he was already pinned to the bed.

"You know you're a monster right?"

Momiji didn't reply back, just closed his eyes tighter.
"Of course you do." Akito chuckled.

"Don't worry I'll take good care of you."

Momiji wanted to scream as Akito started touching him everywhere, but he knew it would do no good. Akito would get what he wanted, and there was nothing he could do about it.

"Hurry will ya? We all want a turn."

Momiji's eyes flew open, he was no longer in Akito's bed, he was back in the ally. Akito was still on top of him, but the other men were kneeling next to him holding him down.

"Of course." Akito smiled at the men, "Everyone well get a turn with my little whore."

"NO!" Momiji screamed fighting wildly.

"NO! Please don't!" Momiji couldn't, he wouldn't let it happen again, he would rather die.

0000

"Momiji!" Yuki shouted, shaking the smaller boy. Momiji was in a nightmare; he was screaming and thrashing in bed. He was fighting so violently that Yuki was afraid he was going to hurt himself, that he might throw out one of the bones or rip the stitches. He knew the best way to stop him from hurting himself would be to hold him down but Yuki knew that would only send him into a deeper state of panic.

"Momiji, wake up!" Yuki tried again. It didn't work, Momiji was in too deep of a sleep, the medication was holding him there.
Yuki did the only thing he could think to do; he slid into bed, pulling Momiji into a firm but gentle hug. Momiji fought it at first, but gradually he relaxed, allowing himself to be held.

000

Yuki awoke to find Momiji's large brown eyes staring back at him. Both of Momiji's eyes looked bruised because of his broken nose, which was also purple and had a large cut running across it. Momiji also had a dark bruise on his left temple and a split lip.

"Good morning Momiji." Yuki gently told him, not wanting to scare the boy who was looking like he wanted to flee. Momiji said nothing back to him.

"Would you like breakfast?" Yuki asked after a few moments he gently pulling his arm away that had been wrapped around Momiji. Momiji shook his head slightly as his answer; it was such a small-terrified shake, it almost broke Yuki's heart that Momiji was so scared. He hoped he wasn't the one scaring his cousin; it had to be a little scary waking up in bed next to someone, especially after what had happened to Momiji.

"Are you in pain? Do you want me to get Hatori?" Yuki guessed that the doctor had probably spent the night, that's if Akito hadn't called whining about something. Momiji just shook his head again.

"Do you want some water or something?" Yuki was desperate to do something for his younger cousin.

"I want to take a bath..." Momiji whispered, his voice sounding strange and harsh. It sickened Yuki to know that the reason his voice sounded like that was because of all the screaming Momiji had done the night before.

"Ok." Yuki got out of the bed. He wondered how they were going to work Momiji's bath. Both of his hands were wrapped tightly in bandages that could not get wet. Really they were going to have to figure out how to work everything. There was no way he would even be able to use the restroom himself.

"I'll go start the bath. Will you be ok by yourself?"
Momiji didn't answer him, he just turned away, Yuki wished there was something else he could do for Momiji, someway to help him with his pain. But at the moment all he could do was help him with his simple need such as bathing and eating.

Yuki walked down the hall, someone was in the bathroom, he gently knocked on the door.

"Gimme a minute will ya!" Kyo's voice growled back. Yuki knew it wouldn't be long, Kyo didn't like water so he was never in the shower long. Yuki decided to go and ask Hatori if it was ok for Momiji to bath.

Hatori and Shigure were sitting at the kitchen table, the room reeked of cigarettes the ashtray on the table was full, and there were bottles empty bottles of malt beer and sake everywhere. From the look of them Yuki guess they hadn't slept all night.

Tohru was busy as the sink, it looked like she had started cleaning up the night's mess and was making breakfast.

"Yuki your up." Tohru was trying to be cheerful, Yuki could tell, but she wasn't going a good job at it. "Do you want breakfast I was just about to make some?"

"No thank you." Yuki wasn't really a morning person, he liked to wait a little while before eating.

"Is he up?" Hatori interrupted before Tohru could start babbling again.

"Yes, Momiji was wondering if he could take a bath." Yuki told the doctor.

"I suppose, but one of us will have to help him, he can't get his bandages wet."

"Yes, I suspected that, I will help him. Is there anything else I should do? Does he need to take any medication?"

"If he is in pain, there is a pill bottle next to his bed, he can take two of them every four hours."

"Are you leaving than my love?" Shigure asked leaning close to Hatori, Shigure was defiantly still drunk.

"Not yet." Hatori pushed Shigure away, causing him to fall to the floor.

"Shigure are you ok?!" Tohru ran to the writer helping him back into his set.

"Love! Oh how cruel you are..."

Yuki didn't stand around to hear the rest of their conversation. He passed Kyo in the hall, who had just gotten out of the shower.

"What!" Kyo growled at him.

"I didn't say anything." Yuki hissed back at him. It was so easy for the two of them to fight, sometimes Yuki even tried to go out of his way to avoid fighting and they still would end up fighting.

"The runt? Is he ok?" Kyo asked.

"What do you think stupid?" Yuki couldn't help adding the stupid part, it was just habit.

"Shut up." Was Kyo's only response, as he continued down the hall. Yuki couldn't help but noticing that Kyo had been getting soft lately, and he was becoming the obsessed angry one. He wondered when the change had started to happen.

Yuki went in and started the bath, the air was still misty form Kyo's shower, but Yuki knew from experience that they would have plenty hot water.

Momiji hadn't moved at all when Yuki walked into the bedroom. He was still lying on his side both arms held tight at his chest.

"Do you want something for the pain?" Yuki asked finding the bottle Hatori had talked about.

"No." Momiji whispered, "I just want a bath."

"If you're in pain you really should take the medication." Yuki couldn't stand how pained Momiji looked.

"I just want a bath..." Momiji whimpered.

"Ok, good, it's all set." Yuki tried to smile at Momiji, but he couldn't force his facial muscles to move.

Getting out of bed was hard for Momiji, he couldn't use his hands which were obviously hurting him, so he had to twist and turn to get to a sitting position, and Yuki had to help untangle him from the covers. When he finally made it to the edge of the bed Momiji looked down at himself wishing he had the covers back, all he had on were a pair of white boxers, that Hatori had changed him into the night before.

"Here's your bathrobe." Yuki held up the pink robe with large yellow ducks printed on it. Yuki knew it was Momiji's favorite robe he wore it every morning. Momiji stood up slowly, it intensified the throbbing pain that was already in his backside and caused pain to spread across his stomach. He wouldn't let the pain take over his chance for a bath however. Momiji carefully slipped his arms into the robe that Yuki was holding up. Wincing in pain as he jerked his broken arm which was burning with pain.

"Momiji please, take some medicine." Yuki couldn't watch Momiji in such obvious pain.

"I'm fine." Momiji practically sobbed, he didn't want the friggen medication, he didn't know why it wasn't logical, it would make him feel better, he just didn't wan it.

"Ok, can you walk?" Yuki asked, helping Momiji fix his robe, tying it in front after Momiji tried to do it and failed.

"I'm fine." Momiji repeated himself again, not realizing how not fine he was until he took is first step, and nearly doubled over in pain. Yuki had to help support him. Momiji wanted to take the bath alone, he wanted to be left alone in general, but his hands left no other option. Yuki had to practically lift him so he could get into the tub.

"Be careful not to get your bandages wet." Yuki gently told him, Momiji had them placed on both sides of the tub. Yuki carefully washed Momiji, using the least harsh soap he could find. Neither of them talked while Yuki worked, Yuki knew it was embarrassing for Momiji. That he thought it was pathetic that he couldn't even wash himself. Yuki didn't want to make him feel any worse.

When Yuki washed the stitches on Momiji's legs the smaller boy flinched in pain. Yuki felt his stomach lurch; he really couldn't stand causing his cousin any pain. The water in the bathtub turned a murky red color as the bath went on.

"Can we get fresh water?" Momiji asked, it was the first thing he had said in a while and it surprised Yuki.

"Yes of course." Yuki pulled the plug out watching the water quickly go down the drain. When it was empty, Yuki started filling it again.

"Hotter please." Momiji commanded quietly.

Yuki turned cold down a little bit.

"Hotter." Momiji told him.

Yuki turned the cold down more; the bath water was warm now, almost burning.

"Hotter." Momiji was trying burn off the night's events. He could still feel them touching him, he still felt dirty.

"You sure?" Yuki asked.

Momiji nodded at him. Yuki went against his better judgment and allowed it to become hotter. He knew from his own experience that the hotter water wouldn't help Momiji feel any better.
000
Sign up to rate and review this story