Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Tender Beast

Someone Else's Letter

by SoniaBibi

An enemy has a face and name

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Draco - Published: 2022-03-06 - 495 words - Complete

?Blocked
The two lay awake in the small dormitory. Two people so different that no one would ever assume they might have something in common. One was wetting her pillow with the quiet sobs—the second tossing and turning, listening to every little noise.

One was dreaming of staying alone in this whole wide world. Second - dreaming of staying with her, comforting her, assuring that everything will be okay, that he can help, and he will protect her.

One wishing never to approach those silver eyes so that she would not see the pity in them. The other dreaming to see those twin emeralds as soon as possible.

The obsession living in the young man's chest grew and transformed into something bigger. He heard a slight knock. Barefoot and in his pajamas, he ran down into the common room to see a big owl, which dropped a letter with a green stamp on the table and flew away. A letter, similar to the ones Elvein used to burn.

With trembling hands, he opened the envelope before realization hit that he was reading someone else's letter. It said:

My Dear Elvein,

Your emotions today dampened me a little bit. It's Christmas, and I want to think that all of those emotions were because of me; that you were recalling last Christmas how I was embracing you while you were bending passionately in my arms. I hope you got angry realizing that you still love and miss me.

Remember, wherever you go, your every emotion belongs to me, the same as yourself. Do not make me take by force what is already mine.

Happy Christmas.

Write to me!

Yours, Demian.

P.S. Sending the most precious thing I own. Our first photo. Do you remember how happy we were? Your single word is separating us from what could happen. Call me! Call me, and I will come and take you with me. You know, I will do that anyway.

Draco's hands were not shaking anymore. A tremor moved on his face while fingers were grabbing paper with such force that his knuckles turned white. His head hurt as if a grindylow had held his hair, trying to drag him under the deep water.

The letter and envelope flew into the fire. He kept a photo in which Elvein laughed so purely and happily, while the young and handsome man was hugging her so obsessively and looking at the camera so provokingly that Malfoy's neck spasmed. He glanced at the girl's bedroom one last time, making sure everything was still quiet, then returned to his bedroom. He put the photo on his nightstand and lay in the bed. Now the enemy had a face and a name.

So, two lay in beds awake in a small dormitory. Ones so different that no one would ever assume they might have something in common. While her majesty the fate, with the mysterious smile continued knitting a tight net around them.
Sign up to rate and review this story