Categories > Anime/Manga > Fate/stay night

Fate/Wayward Faery

by 13thsephiroth

Shirou at a young age meets a young girl with blonde hair and green eyes. How will this affect the timeline? On top of this, he is also descended from an old line of magi, but the root isn't their ...

Category: Fate/stay night - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2023-09-14 - 3678 words

?Blocked
AN: I'll be changing certain dates and probably ages for certain events and characters of this fic. This is so I can fit in certain plots and characters that will interact with the main cast. If it isn't obvious this is an AU fic, but the question is how AU is this?
Fate/Avalon le Fae Series
Story 1: Fate/Wayward Faery
Chapter 1: Meeting the Lost One
1996, Friday Afternoon, Central Shinto District, Fuyuki City
Shirou woke up to the sound of construction noises. Well, he's been waking up and sleeping for the past few hours as he and his father were training in the forge until midnight last night. Normally, this noise wouldn't bother him as construction mainly happens during work hours on weekdays and he would normally be at school during these hours.
'Father did explain that they're moving an important building nearby, I did wonder how they were able to move something that large and why.' Shirou did ask his dad about the last part of what he was currently pondering, not understanding the fact that they were just making a new civic center in a new location, but during that time dad was again in his forge hammering away, making non-committal grunts in response to questions asked while he concentrated on his work. At least today will be the last day of that bothersome noise for a while as according to mum they were going to be finished with all the major parts of construction today and will continue with the interior in a few weeks later. Hopefully, school would have started by then and I would never again be disturbed by these troublesome noises.
________________________________________
Ever since they cancelled school, for reasons my parents don't want to talk about when I'm around, my father and mother have been training me non-stop and it has been driving me mad. Shirou is no stranger to hard and gruelling tasks as he does this non-stop during vacation and on the weekends, but he does have to prepare for this mentally and psych himself up. This certain batch of training exercises was just foisted up to me from left field when I woke up a few days ago, my father and mother were just hovering over my bed. Father was sporting a stoic expression while my mother was sporting a smile that sent shivers down my spine. The moment my eyes opened. "Son, classes are cancelled for the next few days have a quick breakfast and meet me at the forge." His father announced, his formerly stoic expression now morphed into a very large grin. And with that, both his parents left his groggy and bewildered child, mind still not computing the sudden change of today's expectations.
________________________________________
With another stretch and a yawn, Shirou turned to face the ceiling. Looking back he did start his 'thauma.. thurma..? well magical', can't really properly pronounce that particular word correctly and my parents lightly scold me whenever I call it magic, 'well it's not my fault they used that word as the name'.
I always wondered and complained 'Why use that word when we call ourselves magi!' 'We never call ourselves thurmatographers or whatever the first part of that word is pronounced' he ranted in his head with a frown. He also wondered why use that particularly bothersome and hard-to-pronounce word for the everyday mysteries and not for the five great mysteries where only two currently have access to one each of them. With another sigh 'I got distracted again' forgetting his original line of thought. Shirou's stomach then audibly growled. "I should probably get up," he told himself.
After doing his morning ritual, Shirou walked down the stairs towards the dining area shouting "Ji-ji!.. Ji-… ouch" he groaned as he stubbed his toe on one of the chairs that wasn't properly pushed in. "They always tell me off whenever I don't put things back properly, they should practice what they preach." He complained loudly but then he thought about the fact that he is the one who always sits on this side of the dining table. 'The chair was probably because of me from last night.' He thought to himself.
Surveying the quiet room, he spied some dishes with food wrapped in clear plastic and a note.
"Here's some food for when you wake up. Just heat it up for a few minutes in the microwave. Your father will probably be in the forge the whole day, while I either will be in the workshop or out buying your prize. Like we said last night, congratulations and we are very proud of you and your hard work! Enjoy your rest day! And if you're planning on playing outside, please don't forget to leave us a note and an approximate time on when you'll probably get back. Don't forget to bring your haori for protection! Love, Mum!
P.S. Please make sure that the latest you stay outside is around 4:30 pm, Fuyuki has not been safe recently and make sure not to wander around places you aren't familiar with. Again Love, Mum!" The note said.
He was already reheating the food while reading the note and after reading the last few sentences Shirou smiled warmly. Shirou also felt really excited about the agreed reward, after some pleading and promising that he'd maintain his grades and training they finally acquiesced, for what he achieved last night was 2 days of rest and a Playstation One.
After brewing himself some tea he sat down with his meal and started eating. While savouring his breakfast 'or was it lunch since it's already noon' he began his routine of analyzing everything. Their house was always weird, with the fact that almost every wall had a myriad of weapons mounted on it knives, axes, polearms, spears, lances, and even guns.
His parents ingrained in him the habit of using structural analysis on everything just before he finishes his first meal of the day. At his current level he could, on average, finish all the mounted weapons, some of the electrical appliances and even parts of the structure of his family's home.
Just before he finished, he turned his eyes towards the two newest additions to their family's collection, a wakizashi and a short western sword he then smiled suddenly feeling proud, unlike some of the weapons displayed here, these two swords are not mystic codes, nor do they weren't peerless in quality. These swords are special since they are the first swords that he completed that were approved by both parents' high standards.
He somewhat shivered while remembering how many rejected swords he made which were subsequently broken and melted by either parent for not being even remotely close to what they would call acceptable. He always wondered if both parents were some descendants of some obsessed demon with how they just discard and break almost anything that they create when said creations do not meet any of their very high standards. By extension, anything that I create is also subject to their obsessive nature even to my chagrin my homework, any other school projects, and even the food or drink I make.
While most children will hate their parents for this, he is a little different as he has experienced this since he was very young so he's already brainwa… 'I mean' already used to this. However, he still grumbles sometimes that it's a waste especially if the destroyed item was his homework and he must start again from scratch. The only real downside, usually, is the pain his body experiences after he's been subjected to an obsession whether it be the sword and weapons training from both his parents, the forging styles from both his parents, basic theory on thurma… 'argh, magecraft!'.
He remembered regretting when he curiously asked about archery, much to his parents' delight. He was then subsequently dragged and taught kyudo first and its form. He was then told to continue practicing for the next 3 hours or until he hits the center 10 times consistently whichever comes first. He then had to do this for the next few weeks and after he achieved the set goal, much to his growing horror, he was asked to switch arms and achieve the same goal. This later devolved into a myriad of range target practice which includes different bow styles, throwing knives, and even firearms. He suddenly feels a phantom bruise on his shoulder remembering the time he trained with a sniper rifle. These days range weaponry was relegated to half an hour a day activity if it was the weekday and an hour any other day. While he was thinking this, he already finished his structural analysis training, washing the dishes, and was also about to finish changing into something for outdoors.
Just after penning a note stating that he'll probably be hanging around the Shinto side of the river and we'll probably return by 4pm. Before leaving he did some stretching and ran od through his circuits and magic crests, opening and closing them for practice, he then picked up one of the darts walked to one of the open porches of the main house, attached his note to the dart and with practiced eased threw it towards the door of one of the outer houses of their estate.
This outer house, which seems more like a small warehouse-type garage than a shed for storing things, is the family forge. Double checking if the note is approximately at the height his father or mother can easily see with just a passing glance, he then left their house.
________________________________________
While he was walking towards the river, while checking if there was anyone present, he used structural analysis on his surroundings and then finally aimed the spell towards himself. After his initial scans, he hummed positively to himself as while he still had some bruises on his body and some scrapes on his hands and forearms, at least his body was no longer overheating and was relatively in very good shape.
His parents finally finished transferring the last pieces of each of their family crest to me. Yeah, they've been, non-stop, transferring 3-4 circuits every month for the past 2 years.
This started after they did a ritual to learn about my thuma.. 'damn it.. magecraft' potential and attributes. I just heard that they started smirking and laughing out loud as they congratulated me but then called me average, much to my chagrin and disappointment.
While I was busy pondering my probably average future in magecraft, my parents were in the corner of their shared workshop quietly discussing things, opening books, and writing down things. After about half an hour of waiting they suddenly realized, to their embarrassment, that I was still there in the corner sulking, they did not notice the last detail though.
I was then subsequently ordered to go straight to bed and make sure to wake up very early the following day. 'Well sorry if I am just average' I grumbled as I freshened up and prepared for bed.
The following day, 'when they said early they really meant really early'. My vision was still not clear but I could somewhat make out the shape of the number 4 on my digital alarm clock. Sleep was hard to come by due to last night's revelations. So while my mind slowly boots up and my vision becomes clearer as I wipe away some morning gunk. I was then subjected to the confusing sight of two grinning parents as they quickly and excitedly told me about how much more they'd be training me compared to before and that they'd slowly start transferring both their family crests to me.
Well, at least this assuaged some of my worries, as I hardened myself to do my best and make sure to make them proud. 'I'll be way better than average once I get older' I told myself that day.
In the back of my head I did wonder why they were transferring their crest to me when they could just give it to my younger brother or sister down the line if I'm just an average magus, 'Wasn't that a waste of the family crest?' I wondered that to myself.
Well, at least I know I am working hard and that they are proud of my hard work even though I've only just gotten tangible results in forging after two years. My magecraft has been going well according to my mum with very few minor hiccups.
At least me having an average potential isn't currently detrimental to my current magecraft practice, hopefully, it stays the same way until I get older. "No!" I voiced out. 'If my magecraft practice gets difficult I'll just work harder' I declared to myself. Plus, aside from the initial revelation, my parents have never made me feel inadequate and they always tell me how they love me as well. However, this is usually followed by sudden bouts of insanity where they greedily rub their hands together muttering about their dream sword will eventually come.
________________________________________
While I was thinking to myself I was walking upstream and admiring the view and the relative peacefulness. I did spy an odd-looking, brown-shaped thing heading downstream from afar. Due to curiosity, I applied some mild reinforcement to my eyes and did some structural analysis on the floating object. While applying reinforcement to any object is pretty much the basics of the basics especially if you can easily structurally analyze anything, applying this on a body part is very hard to do and dangerous.
He did start with reinforcing his bones, ligaments, and muscles and has had practice for the past year and a half. How else was he a child supposed to use a hammer to strike his swords when he was forging? Both his parents praised his hard work in achieving his current level of reinforcement, according to them there's still a lot of room for improvement.
A few months ago, he did start venturing into reinforcing other parts of his body, which he dumbly started with one of his eyes. At least he only managed to burst just a single blood vessel. Since then, he had just been slowly testing the limits of reinforcement on his eyes, the stinging memory of blood on his left eye was a huge deterrent for him to rush things. Currently, he is applying even less than what he normally applies to his eye so he's confident that nothing bad will happen.
With his structural analysis, he found out that it was a small boat and it looked like it was occupied by someone. Judging by the fact that the passenger wasn't sitting up he subsequently concluded that they were probably passed out and with a panic he started moving.
He knows that this boat's destination, if not stopped, will eventually lead to the open sea. Looking around if there was an adult nearby who could help him. As he saw no one else in the area he was then reminded that there are man-made platforms underneath the bridge which he can use to intercept the boat. While applying reinforcement he dashed towards his destination. On the way, he spotted and picked up a thin and long piece of branch just before he arrived towards the platforms thinking that it might probably help him. Just as he arrived on the platforms, while breathing heavily, he saw the small boat rushing towards his direction just a few hundred meters away from him.
Shirou then started shouting at the passenger hoping that they would wake up just before they cross paths. Unfortunately, the action was rendered moot, as the boat's passenger was still fast asleep. Using the long branch that he picked up he held it forward as he planned to force the boat to change its orientation, making its position parallel to the bridge.
Instead, what he accomplished was the boat veering to his right as it could not get through the gap between his current platform and the one to its right with its current trajectory. With a growl and some application of reinforcement, Shirou managed to grab the tail end of the boat. Because of this, he was able to somewhat force the boat's bow to hit the center of the other platform's side with a third of its body being supported by the platform he was currently standing on.
Though with the river's current the boat's bow will eventually slip and resume its ride towards open sea. The only thing stopping it right now is Shirou holding on to the tail end of the boat's stern. Due to the sudden violent stop, the boat's passenger started to stir and with added incentive from Shirou shouting at them to wake up and his not-so-gentle tap with the piece of branch he was using to wake the passenger up, the passenger suddenly sat up. The sudden movement did not help Shirou as he could feel the boat's bow that was stuck on the other platform was now starting to slip.
Shirou identified the passenger to be a young girl around his age with short blond hair while wearing a white dress. For some reason, he observed the same girl is also holding on to a long piece of branch that somewhat resembles a staff. With another growl, he threw the stick beside him to get the girl's attention as he stretched his other arm out. "Hurry and grab my hand!" he first said in English due to how the girl looked.
At first, the girl looked confused but after a few seconds of looking around and assessing her current situation, she grabbed Shirou's hand and with some force, she was able to safely stand up and land on the platform Shirou is currently occupying.
Unfortunately for Shirou, he was still holding on to the boat with his left arm, due to the sudden action the boat's front broke free of its confines and pulled Shirou towards the water. By luck and him letting go of both the girl and the boat these actions plus the force of the current, he was just being pressed towards the platform and not being dragged out downstream.
Bewildered by the chain of events that happened upon her waking up and the sudden reversal of position, the girl then, with her green eyes looking at him, smiled and bent down extending one of her hands towards Shirou.
________________________________________
After moving toward the much safer riverbank and catching their breaths, a much wetter, dirtier, and tired Shirou sat beside the girl he just helped who just then subsequently helped him in return.
Turning towards her "Hey, are you okay? Why were you on that boat? What's your name?" Shirou blurted out question after question not even giving time for the girl to respond.
The girl, in response, looked somewhat confused but with a slight tilt of her head to her left and a slight smile. "Ich don'Þ wellā̆ understanede. Can thee repeaÞ intransiciọ̄n?" She slowly said.
With a sigh Shirou somewhat caught some of the words she just said, he correctly deduced that she was probably from Europe. How she managed to be passed out on a small boat moving towards open sea in Japan is just what's confusing him. Looking at her while pointing at himself with his left and tapping his chest with his right. "My name is Shirou. Shi-ro-u" Emphasizing the double vowel at the end of his name.
She then copied my gesture, and with a bright smile, shining green eyes, she pointed at herself and brought the head of her staff towards her chest thumping it twice. "mīn namæ intransiciọ̄n Arturiæ"
Chapter End
AN:
And that's a wrap, my first-ever fanfiction. I've started consuming fanfiction at the latest probably was during grade 6, that's about 21 years ago. And now that I've been fired from my job for the first time in my life, don't worry they were downsizing. Though the way they did it left a very bad aftertaste. Now I am currently working part-time (just 8 hours a week) and I'm feeling bored so why not start a hobby. I admittedly am not a writer nor have I enjoyed in partaking in the hobby at any point in my life other than reading, hell I even hate writing emails. So, I will accept any comments and will not fight any of you if you just bash me, though I might block the masochistic ones. I would appreciate constructive criticism on how to write in and how I write my fanfictions in general, any comments on plot holes or even how I portray nasuverse are all welcome. Though mind you I will be taking some liberties with certain aspects of the nasuverse with this fic so please bear with me. I'm also planning on uploading other stories that are fate-related since a lot of these ideas have been fermenting for a while now, I'll probably max myself out on 6 stories. This fic will be updated at least once a month as I'll be stockpiling chapters, I want to actually finish this fic and stockpiling chapters would help alleviate the pressure when I get writer's block, am busy with work (hopefully I'll find something consistent soon), or IRL stuff. Anyway, I know those are empty promises and we've all seen these promises but then a fic gets discontinued. At the very least I'll try to take inspiration from ThirdFang as he/she inspires me. There's only 2 things that's eventual in this universe death and a ThirdFang update. Cheers and worship ThirdFang's log lol
Note: Yes, I know it's thaumaturgy. FYI just so everyone knows the right side of the Fuyuki River is the Shinto district while the left side is Miyama. Please also note that Shirou is very young here so despite is relative maturity as a trained magus he misunderstands a lot of things as well and as you probably surmised his parents skipped talking about some things with him
Sign up to rate and review this story