Categories > Original > Sci-Fi

Lethal Company Fanfic: A Ghost Awoken

by TouchInMe

Three workers go to a moon named Legend One, and find something worthwhile.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Horror - Warnings: [!!] [V] [R] [?] - Published: 2023-12-18 - 3139 words - Complete

?Blocked
My life was complete, until that inbred chuckle-fuck took everything meaningful away.
My name is James Stark. I work for The Company, with my half-sister Bethany. We share a mother, but her father was some black-haired bastard that ruined a perfectly good marital relational. I love her, but I'd never tell her that.
My other coworker is Seth Jackson. He killed three people in his house, got arrested, and he was released on account of good behavior, skipping parole. Now he's here, because he's a "hero" or whatever reason he makes up depending on his mood.
Time to meet our quota.
Next stop, Omega Minotauri.
The trek is the usual slog. We land the ship, get off, and look for valuable material. I can't find something good though. Just some empty barrels that used to contain oil. People used to work on this desert moon and they died after finding that the creatures here could claw through six inches of steel.
I head back to the ship. We're fast, so the night won't beckon the creatures out before we have what we need. We head inside and take off.
Bethany had a riot shield and various brass knuckles. It isn't much, but The Company will accept it.
Seth just had a page from a dirty magazine. It looks altered.
"This babe was captured in her unaltered beauty," Seth said, as if reading my mind. "The photo they used was tweaked, obviously, but she herself is in full unedited glory. She is outstanding."
"It looks like her face was changed by AI," I said.
"The lighting looks wrong," Bethany said. Smart girl.
"Her boobs look fine," Seth said, ignoring everything we said. He does that sometimes, answers us but doesn't actually acknowledge what we said.
"I never said anything about her breasts," I said. "But now that you've pointed them out I think they're fake."
Seth looked at me as if I shot him.
"I see how natural they look! You can't see it because you haven't seen it." Seth frantically explained. "Women can naturally have big boobies."
"Sethy," Bethany said. "Her breasts are abnormally flattened to her chest and she is strangely tilted to one side. Something tells me she didn't look that way for the photo shooting."
"Nah!" Seth exclaimed. "She is just a bit squishy."
Bethany and I rolled our eyes.
It was time to sleep. We had thin mattresses on the ship. We land at a safe zone every time we need to take a long rest. I stared at the ceiling. I remember a face. He looks strange, but I don't know why.
Someone flicked my ear, so I looked over at them.
"Jackson," I said. "You really shouldn't sleep like that."
Seth's mattress is right next to mine, and he has his right leg under his left leg, which is raised in a triangular position where knee is up and foot is placed.
"I am comfortable," Seth said. "It feels like when I lost my virginity."
"It was that bad?" I asked, just wanting to sleep.
"No…" He looked around the ship. "I met my sophomore math teacher at a parking lot and we had sex in front of two high school girls."
"Bullshit," I said. "You'd both be arrested and sentenced to die by President Hark herself."
"No," Seth said. "I'd seduce Hark if that ever happened."
"So it didn't happen?"
"…It did, but we weren't arrested."
I stare at the ceiling again.
"You're sister is worried about you."
I don't look at him. I don't turn to the monitors where my sister is sleeping. I don't think about anything.
I see him again. This time he is smiling.
"Bethany doesn't need to worry," I said. "She just needs to focus on meeting the quota."
"Big day in the morning," Seth said. "Going to Legend One and taking what we need. I heard succubi live there."
"With your luck you'll meet an incubus and meet a displeasurable end."
"Man, you really excrete those toxins whenever you feel like it," Seth said.
I say nothing. There is silence for a while, and then Seth impedes again.
"Bethany Rains has a nice ring to it. Having her mom's name is-"
I quickly bash my left elbow into his eye. He doesn't realize my elbow is caressing his right eye until the pain kicks in. He doesn't bleed but with that impact it'd be a miracle if it wasn't bloodshot in the morning. Seth cries out but uses his hands to cover his mouth instead removing my elbow.
He's predictable.
"You should know that shit like that constitutes as being part of what you should never fucking speak!" I angrily seethe. I don't shout it, so I don't wake Bethany. I want to shout though.
"I understand!" Seth frantically whispered loudly. "I should have known the sheer mention-"
"You think!" I venomously say that while trying to hold back the urge to maim his neck.
Seth looks terrified. Too bad the darkness shrouds his delightful plight.
"I will shut up now," Seth weakly said.
Finally. Maybe this time.
The face of the man is back. He looks sick though. He loves me, I feel it.
No one loves me.
The face is gone. He is important, but I don't know why.

()

The morning comes and it is time to set course to Legend One.
"Seth?" Beth looks worriedly at him. "Why are you…?"
"I massaged myself too well," Seth said with a smile, and a deep redness on half his face.
Bethany frowned, but she didn't press and instead gave him something meaningless.
"Oh!" Seth exclaimed, excited. "This gum was watermelon flavored!"
I looked on incredulously. Seth acted like this was First-Aid when it's just a stupid strip of malleable sugared glue.
"James," Bethany said. "May we please use the First-Aid for him. Isn't this an emergency?"
"No," I said. "He's fine, and the pain will help him focus. The kit is for large wounds that hinder work. You understand that."
I didn't quite believe she did, but I said that anyway. She seems to think that one of us in slight pain is an emergency. She also thought that my dad losing his finger was an emergency. He was fine.
"I am fine," Seth lied, to a still worried Bethany. "I can endure this."
What a weakling. He doesn't know real pain. He is scared still, but he tries to hide it. He isn't like dad.
Bethany sets the ship on a course to Legend One.
The ship enters the atmosphere. We have our suits and gear on. Would be stupid not to have that.
The doors open upon landing. I felt a chill. The area was covered in thick mist and though it was midday, Legend Cycle, it was dark like a storm had ravaged your hometown.
"A base was made here?" Bethany asked.
"Slave labor," I informed. "The rogue operation known as War Monger Supremacy held up here to escape President Hark's wrath. They used their children to erect a foundation."
It was hard to tell, but underneath the dark visors I think I saw a mixture of disgust and sadness emitting from their faces.
We trudged through the mist. The terrain was rough, but we expected as much.
After a while we found a dim light emitting from a broken wall and door. The light fixture was short and cracked, but strangely operational.
I looked at it carefully. An insect was inside, but it looked dead. Bioluminescence that can prosper after the host's death? I haven't heard of that before, but then again I found it easy to forget what I learned in school all those years ago.
"This could be useful," I said. "I may pick it up and take it back if we don't find much more."
We entered the building. Things didn't look dangerous. That's what got me suspicious. Turret in sight? Just an old camera stand. Wouldn't be worth much. I listened carefully, but everything was quiet.
KRURCH!
Me and Bethany turned our heads to Seth. He stepped on what looked to be a pile of shredded metal bits.
"Sorry," Seth whispered.
"Don't be," a voice answered.
I looked around, but no one was there.
No one but me.
"Hello?" I didn't hear or see anyone, and my call was left answered.
I felt angry. Furious. I then felt strangely relieved. I never wanted a sibling.
I never wanted to be born.
I blinked. What was I thinking? I can't focus. I can't-
The face?
He's here…
A man with black hair and a scar stretching from his eye to his ankle stood naked and bleeding in front of me.
"I noticed you wanted my company," he said.
"I need no one," I said. I then realized the real question. "Who are you?"
I wasn't sure why I was so calm. He just seemed so reserved.
"I am a fissure of misfortune," he said. "I am capable of everything you can do, but I never let myself slip away towards the trivial qualities of humanity. You claim to need no one, yet you actively keep your walking miscarriage of a sister around to satisfy your need to be human. I would only keep her around to be my willing slave."
This guy seemed to like talking. He looked familiar. He was the face I saw, but he also looked peculiar. Does he love me?
"I love you, brother." I remember a younger Bethany saying that to me. I hit her and made her promise to never say that to me. She never said it since, just like she promised.
"I will never hate you!" She said that one too. She always said things that made no sense. Everyone ends up hating me at some point.
"I don't care that you didn't want me!" She doesn't understand. She should care. Why doesn't she hate me?
I felt overwhelmed. I remember my sister, and everything she told me, but I don't know why I remembered at such a time. I was just talking to-
Her father?
"She's foolish and abysmally altruistic," the man said. "She never understood that I never loved her. She always told you, your dad, that mom you two share, that she believed I was coming back. She said she loved her whole family. I don't think she understands how atrociously toxic she's actually been. Humanity should forgo their want to form connections and instead give all their attention to surviving. Want to be remembered forever? The universe is boundless, but if you become immortal like me you won't have to worry about not making your mark."
How is this possible? How did I see his face in my mind's eye when I never saw it before? How is he alive now? Who is he still?
"I have no need for anyone anymore," he said. "I do unfortunately have this unquenchable desire to be recognized. If you join me I will make you my immortal slave. You will do everything I ask, but that's worthwhile. Who wouldn't want to be my slave?"
The guy is insane. I couldn't help but feel moved by his speech though. I think his presence is changing my view of reality. Maybe so, but he can't take me.
"I already own you," he smoothed. "I just need to make sure you are absolutely obedient before I start the process."
"I don't want to be your slave!" I yelled at him. "I know nothing of your condition but you are mad! I should kill you and put you out of your misery."
He smiled. "I have never been better."
He flashed right before my eyes and appeared in front of me. As soon he appeared he broke my pelvis, ribcage, and jaw.
I collapsed on the ground. He towered over me. He looked happy. I wish I was him.
"After you learn to know your place you will realize you are mine," he oozed the words out like he was caressing a lover in bed. He loves me.
He loves himself.
I couldn't think straight. I don't what is my own thoughts or not anymore.
"What do you want?" He asked.
To see my sister.
"Let's fix that," he said with a grin.
Bethany appeared before my broken form, in her very own. Her skin was shredded and her loose strips were barely staying on. He exposed muscle was getting eaten by insects that looked just like the dead one outside. She was crying out of lidless eyes, because her sockets wouldn't stop streaming dark acidic blood. She had no clothes on, but the worst part was her missing lips.
She couldn't smile anymore.
"I did that," her father said. "You can look as long as you'd like, but she isn't mine. She can't have that privilege. She'd never raze a planet under my orders. You know something she doesn't."



I love you, Bethany.
I still couldn't say it out loud.
She knows.
"How abhorrently feeble," the man said in disgusted frustration.
I knew what I must do. It shattered my very soul, but I agreed with him. Survival should be my priority.
Let me kill her.
My bones reassembled painfully as the man stared at me. It was excruciating. I slowly got up.
I looked at my sister one last time. She tried to speak, but her throat was full of bile and blood. Her tongue was frayed. She looked to be in so much pain. She still tried to say something though. My dear sister.
I know what she wanted to say.
"I love you, brother."
I touched her cheek. She recoiled at my touch. I didn't mean to hurt her, but her pain seemed to be amplifying now.
"Do it, or I will make her kill herself," the man said. "I don't have to even use my rapidly expanding abilities to make her. I just need to say two words and she's dead. The incompetent girl is feeling everything all over again. Cutting, scraping, the sound of your skin being flayed off you. It's perfectly agonizing to live through, and that's why I chose that for her. I waited so long for this day."
I stood there watching over her. She looked back at me. She still had eyes, but I could tell she was blind in her right eye. She looked pleadingly at me. At first I thought she wanted me to kill her, but then I moved to break her neck and she moved away. I then realized what she wanted.
She didn't want me to become a murderer.
I looked at her. I had to tell her.
"I killed your stupid pet puppy," I told her. "Please hate me already."
She still looked at me pleadingly.
"Bethany," I said while holding back tears. "I hate you."
Bethany could barely contain yourself now, but it wasn't from what I said. It was from the amplifying pain. Yet she still wanted to keep my "innocence" intact.
"Bethany, you don't need to save me. Let me save you."
I was crying now. I said that to her knowing I would lose the disguise. It didn't matter. She always saw through it.
Bethany looked at me pleadingly still. She still doesn't hate it.
"Do you remember all of times I hurt you? I can't believe you love me after all that time."
Bethany did something I would never forget. Her ligaments were eaten out by insects and her hands were replaced by hanging strands of skin and muscle. She still tried to lift them up to her face. I wasn't sure at first, but I understood after watching her desperate movements for what felt like hours.
She was trying to make herself smile.
"Kill yourself," the man said. "Now."
Bethany didn't listen. She was trying to smile for my sake. I wanted to kill her to save her, but she was too busy trying to save me.
"Bethany, kill yourself or I kill him," her father said.
Bethany looked back and forth at the both of us. She was still crying her blood river tears, and this time it looked to be killing her. She looked at me one last time.
I heard it in my head, what she wanted to say.
"I will never hate you! You're my brother and I will always be your sister!"
She bashed her own head across the ground. Then a second time. Then a third, weakly. She didn't get up.
Bethany was dead.
"My sister…"
"She wasn't your sister," the man said. "Once you realize who you are meant to be, you will sit by my side as my weapon and we will kill and rape President Hark in front of the world. We will do that for every planet. Every Hark out there will pay for their arrogance. I am the ultimate being."
Suddenly I was transported to a new location. Blood was everywhere and there were no walls in sight.
Bodies were littered everywhere I looked.
"Time moves slowly in my own pocket dimension. Seth screamed like Bethany's mother," the man said.
A series of images flashed in my mind. Seth being tortured under the threat six other people getting tortured he doesn't subject himself to the experiment. Seth goes through grueling torture. Muscle getting pulled out, eyeballs deflating, testicles getting pushed deep into his torso, yet he was alive throughout the whole ordeal. In the end Seth died, and the other six people took his place. The same torture methods, thereabout, all being done to them now. One of them even got mauled to near death by a creature, only to then get raped to death by the creature.
"That creature is my slave," the man said. Everyone here is my slave. I don't need them, but I wouldn't be a god without followers."
Hundreds of creatures came lurking out from the shadows. I didn't notice before, but the area he and Mr. Rains were on was surprisingly well lit. A light was placed underneath the blood. The creatures swarmed around us and the light.
"Tear him up, but make sure he's alive," Mr. Rains said. "A good rape or three will teach him how to be my unfaltering loyal and submissive servant."
The creatures all came at me. Tearing me limb from limb, then raping me with my own limbs. I felt every second of it. I will feel it throughout the rest of my putrid life.
It still didn't as much as watching my sweet sister commit suicide in front of me.
I was horrible brother.
I am glad to never be that bastard again, but I would trade anything to see my sister again.
She loved me.
I loved her.
She still loves me.
I still love her.
Sign up to rate and review this story