Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie

Spark and Click

by tanzy

St. John is jealous and doesn’t know how to deal. Contains explicit Threesome. Movieverse.

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst - Characters:  Rogue - Warnings: [!] [?] [X] - Published: 2005-05-05 - Updated: 2005-05-05 - 1707 words - Complete

?Blocked
Notes: Written for the Parallel Challenge over at contrelamontre. The premise of the challenge was to write a story that went two divergent directions.

Spark
John is jealous; it was just as simple as that. Still young enough to think being called St. John Allerdyce was silly and uncool, he likes to think of himself as the young punk mutant Pyro. And people like that, they aren't supposed to get jealous. You got possessive and took what you wanted, that's what was supposed to happen. Not sit around and watch your best friend make eyes at his new girlfriend.

This porch on the second floor had been their spot before, where they went to be by themselves and no one would disturb then. Now she is here, invading his space in their spot. He wonders for a moment what her hair would look like on fire.

The lighter makes its way out of pocket and into hand without a moment's thought. It takes just a flick of the wrist to push the top back. If there had ever been another thumb that could rest as threateningly against the small wheel of a lighter, John's is giving it a good run for its money.

Spark.

The faint orange flicker of the lighter's flame sends shivers of shadow up along the faces of the porch's two other occupants. It's just a split second before Bobby is invading his personal space as well, his cool fingers closing gently around John's wrist.

"Don't." The word is soft and indistinct but the meaning and emotion behind it aren't. He doesn't really want to deal with this right now but he can't help but shudder slightly at Bobby's unusually cold fingers. A sardonic grin spreads across John's face at that thought, Bobby's cold fingers indeed.

Jealousy courses along his veins like fire as he notices the look between Bobby and Marie. John knows she doesn't like to be called Marie; she prefers her chosen name of Rogue. He doesn't really care one way or another except that he knows it's an easy way to piss her off.

But punks don't get jealous, that's not how it's supposed to work. They're supposed to reach out and take what they want. Or at least that's what John tells himself as he grabs Bobby by his jacket and hauls him closer. He'll show that bitch what she's missing.

Bobby's mouth is surprisingly hot when John's tongue finds it way into the other boy's mouth but that could just be because John feels like he's on fire. For a moment he wonders if he forgot to close the lighter and set them both on fire by accident. Except that Bobby doesn't seem to notice and John suddenly doesn't care when he hears someone moan.

Bobby freezes and pulls away, frantic for a moment as he turns to look guiltily at Rogue. John realizes that the moan had been entirely too feminine to have been either of them and his eyes widen.

He grins as he notices Marie's slightly unfocused gaze and flushed cheeks. Apparently his attempt had had something of a different effect on her than he'd expected. Stepping up behind his friend, John snakes an arm around Bobby's waist and up under his shirt.

"Like this, do you?" he asks softly as he leans in to bite Bobby on the neck. Her answer is more of a moan than anything coherent and she slides down the wall until she's sitting because she really isn't sure her legs will support her anymore. Bobby follows suit a moment later and John decides he really has no other choice, unless he just wants to continue rubbing his crotch up against Bobby's head. But Bobby doesn't seem too inclined to turn around since his gaze is riveted onto Rogue, which makes the prospect a whole lot less appealing.

John is slightly surprised at the lack of protest when his one of his hands makes its way towards Bobby's pants. He would have expected more guilt or protests or /something/, not just this silent acceptance. The thought crosses his mind that perhaps this subject has come up in conversation between the two of them before.

Bobby is still looking at Rogue when John pulls him out and begins to stroke his cock with swift decisive movements. Their locked gaze is starting to get to John, why won't either of them look at him? As if sensing his thoughts, Marie's gaze slides over towards him and John finds himself pinned to the spot.

She's still looking at him when her own hand wanders down to undo the buttons on her pants and John suddenly has trouble breathing as he finds himself painfully hard. He would have never thought the sight of a girl touching herself would be hot and perhaps it's because he knows she's touching herself while watching him and Bobby, but Jesus. He can't help it as he reaches down to touch himself, his knuckles brushing slightly against the small of Bobby's back.

Bobby's breath grows a little harsher when John pulls at him almost viciously and he still isn't looking at him. It's really starting to bother John but he can't bring himself to say it out loud. Instead it's a chant inside his head as he comes messily into his own hand: Look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me.

Look at me.

He buries his face into Bobby's neck as the other boy comes and doesn't look up until Marie's soft moan follows a couple minutes later. He can sense the other boy is itching to get up and touch her and he doesn't want to think about it.

Without looking at either of them he gets up, zips up his pants and walks back to his room.

It's not the same after that, but when is it ever? He's wonders if anyone else has noticed that Bobby can't seem to look him in the eyes anymore. Marie has made an effort to talk to him, but it's not her sympathy he's interested in.

So when the choice comes months later, it isn't really so much of a choice at all. As the helicopter takes off and he looks out at the barren white landscape, he wonders if they'll even understand his decision. He's determined to show them, he'll come back even more powerful than before because he really is a god among insects. Someone worth looking at.


Click

John is jealous; it was just as simple as that. Still young enough to think being called St. John Allerdyce was silly and uncool, he likes to think of himself as the young punk mutant Pyro. And people like that, they aren't supposed to get jealous. You got possessive and took what you wanted, that's what was supposed to happen. Not sit around and watch your best friend make eyes at his new girlfriend.

This porch on the second floor had been their spot before, where they went to be by themselves and no one would disturb then. Now she's here, invading his space in their spot. He wonders for a moment what her hair would look like on fire.

The lighter makes its way out of pocket and into hand without a moment's thought. It takes just a flick of the wrist to push the top back. If there had ever been another thumb that could rest as threateningly against the small wheel of a lighter, John's is giving it a good run for its money.

Click.

The spark doesn't catch and he flicks the lighter closed with an annoyed snap. The flash of the spark lights up their faces for a moment but is gone before it's even begun. There's no way either of them could understand how he feels and he's certain for a moment that he doesn't want to consider the consequences of trying to talk to them about it.

"What's your problem these days, man?" Bobby asks softly, not moving from his spot on the bench next to Marie.

"I don't know what you're talking about," John replies, not willing to admit to his jealousy in front of the reason for it.

"You've been like this ever since..." Bobby trails off and all three of them hear the unspoken part of the sentence, /since Marie showed up/.

She looks down at her gloved hands and says nothing. Not that he really expects her too, she's too unsure of her own place within the school to start defending herself yet. Not that Bobby isn't more than happy to take up the slack in her defense.

"Hey Marie," John starts, feeling some glee when she glowers at the name, "tell your boyfriend here to get a fucking clue." With that he stalks back into the mansion to find something else to occupy his time. He rather enjoys calling Rogue by her given name, since he knows just how much it annoys her.

It's not that the three of them aren't friends anymore, because they are. But there's a sense of unfinished business that hovers over them and it taints everything they do. John doesn't want to talk about, Bobby prefers to look to Rogue for direction and Rogue is someone that John can't seem to figure out.

So when the choice comes months later, as he's standing at the edge of trees, it isn't so much of a choice as he'd thought it might be. He'd made the choice months earlier and this is just seeing that decision through. At least this way the balance will be restored and if he ever returns he might not feel like such a third wheel.
Sign up to rate and review this story