Categories > Celebrities > Aerosmith

Darling

by SDH

Seventh in a series-New tour new love

Category: Aerosmith - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst, Erotica - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-10-29 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 7108 words - Complete

?Blocked
Joey Kramer walked down the corridor to his dressing room. He looked briefly around, grabbed an Evian water and sat down. As he opened the bottle, he heard a knock. "Yeah it's open."

"Hey." Joe popped his head around the doorframe. "Can I come in?"

"Sure." He took a drink as Joe sat down beside him.

"I wanted to ask you something."

"OK."

"Well, I'm just gonna get right down to it." He hesitated for a moment, "Do you think that this tour is too much for Steven?"

"Huh?"

"You know, do you think we should have waited til his lungs healed up?"

Joey knew what he was driving at. Some nights Steven was taking hits of oxygen between songs to keep going. "Yeah, I know he's not feeling his best, but his doctor said he could go out."

"Like any doctor is going to stop him from doin' what he wants to do-or thinks what he has to do." Joe shook his head. "You know I thought with KISS here, the tour wouldn't be so hard on him. Seventy five minute set versus a two and a half hour one."

"Yeah but he ain't gonna stop. He doesn't want to let anybody down."

"I know."

Joey fiddled with his water bottle. "Have you talked to him about this?"

"I've tried but he says he's fine." Joe clasped his hands together, "That's why I was wondering if I was the only one seeing it."

"Let me go talk shit over with him." Joey stood.

"Yeah but the minute you mention it, he's gonna clam up-"

"I'll be sneaky."

Joe followed him out but went the opposite way down the hall. Joey made his way down to Steven's dressing room. He knocked once then again. He was about to knock again when Steven opened the door. "Hey man." his voice was more raspy than usual.

Joey looked at him-it looked like he'd been crying, but that was nothing unusual. He was always so emotional. "Got a few minutes?"

He stepped aside and let him in. Joey sat down and noticed the nebulizer sitting on the end table. He was trying to figure out some way of asking but Steven began the conversation. "I've been on some message boards."

"Yeah? The girl's still think you're oh so fucking hot?"

Steven gave a half grin, "Some, but most are pissed at me."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Cause Aerosmith is nothin' but a money grabbin' greedy fuckin' has been band. And I'm the one behind the band goin' down the wrong path and makin' you guys do all of this cause I'm a fuckin' control freak-"

"I don't think a real fan would say that-"

"A lot of them are pissed at this whole KISS and Aerosmith thing." Steven sat down beside him, "What do you think of it?"

"We're two very different bands with very different sounds and we both have very loyal fans-"

"We ain't doin' an interview." Steven leveled his gaze, "What do you think of this setup? Honestly."

"Honestly, between you and me," Joey shrugged. "I thought it'd be better. I mean I like the guys, and their songs, but they do the exact same show every night."

"I know." Steven leaned back, "Sometimes I just wonder why? Why are we out here with them? I mean we both know who's the opening act here."

"Yeah."

"If we were both headlining, then we'd take turns closing. Instead we're the ones goin' on late and cutting the sets even shorter or gettin' fined." Steven shook his head, "I don't know how I got talked into this."

Joey saw an opening to his initial question, "I know why."

"Why?"

"Cause right now your voice can't handle a regular set."

Steven scoffed. "My voice can, but my lungs can't." He leaned forward again, "Fucking fogger. Besides Joe was talkin' bout this years ago. This was his idea-"

Joey spoke before he thought. "You just answered yourself. You did it to make Joe happy. You wanted to please him."

"What?" Steven bristled. "What makes you think that?"

Joey never liked backing down from an argument; he never liked anyone to think he was a coward. "I know about you-"

Again Steven leveled his gaze. "And just what do you know about me?"

"I used to have the adjoining rooms to you. I used to hear plenty of night games from you two-"

Steven's eyes narrowed, "Yeah well, that was a long time ago."

"Not that long ago."

"Long enough." He swallowed hard. "You're right. I did agree just to make him happy. Since we haven't been together, well, I've been so incredibly lonely. I mean you know how it is today. If I did find some girl and do her, hell the next day she'd have a website 'www.ifuckedsteventyler.com'. It's just such a different fan base now. Fuckin' internet." Steven looked down and sniffed, "I guess I've been a lonely fool-trying to keep something goin' that's as dead as a doornail."

Joey suddenly realized that this was the moment he'd been waiting for years. "You never noticed that there's been someone who's stood beside you through everything, and has been in love with you for years, have you?"

Steven looked up at him and saw the vulnerability in his eyes. "You?"

"Yeah."

"Why didn't you ever say anything?"

Joey shrugged and his eye twitched, "Cause I knew you were with him."

"Oh."

An uncomfortable silence fell between them. Joey's leg began an uncontrollable bouncing as he tried to explain, "You're the reason for everything: That's why I joined the band. That's why I agreed to room with you. That's why I stayed when everyone else was jumping ship. I couldn't leave cause I'm just too into you. I think it may have even been one of the factors to my breakdown. I just couldn't handle knowing that you and Joe had been so close and I felt that you didn't even know I existed."

"God." Was all he could manage.

"Sorry, I mean, I just wanted you to know I'll always love you. Just forget I said anything about-"

"You can't drop this and then just say 'forget it'. I can't forget this-"

"I can tell you're not interested."

"No. I am. Really Joey-I am interested."

"Oh." He put his hand on the singer's thigh, "I'm glad."

"Do you remember," Steven cleared his throat, "That time we were in that van?"

Joey gave a knowing smile. "Yeah, that's when I decided to follow you to the ends of the earth if I had to."

"Fuck, I figured you didn't remember."

Joey gave a nervous laugh, "I thought the same thing about you." He began to lean forward to kiss him.

"Damn it, I hate to say this, but I gotta get goin'."

"What?"

"I gotta meet with the velvet ropers." Steven stood up, "If you kiss me, I'm gonna be here all day. We can't start this right now."

Joey gave a deep sigh and looked at the carpet.

"Are you comin' to meet them?"

Joey kept his head down. "Naw, they wanna meet you. Remember I'm one of the LI3."

"God I hate that! Less interesting three bullshit! I'm sure they wanna meet you-"

Joey stood, "No. I wanna be alone right now."

Steven saw the hurt in his face. "You think I'm giving you the brush off?"

He shrugged. "Well yeah."

"I'm not. I'm not into playing mind games. I wanna be with you, I wanna make love to you for hours." He could see that he wasn't convinced. "Joey, we've waited over thirty years. What's a few more hours, huh?"

"Can I at least get a hug from you?"

Steven wrapped his arms around Joey and pulled him tightly to his body. He felt Joey doing the same. "I really do love you." He whispered in his ear.

"I love you too." He finally pulled away, "Aw man, come on and meet the fans with me."

"Ok, I'll go along."

"And after the show, I want you to come to my room, and we'll do some serious catching up."

Joey gave a slight nod, "Are you sure?"

"Of course I am!"
__________________________________


After meeting the velvet rope fans, Steven walked out to Joe's tour bus. He was thinking about Joey and all that had happened. He was certain that this was a good thing, but he had to clear a few things up. He knocked once and opened the door. Joe was sitting there reading a book. "Hey man."

"Hey. Come on in."

Steven sat down beside him, "Velvet ropers wanted me to say hi."

Joe sighed, "You know I feel about that."

"Why can't you go?" Steven shook his head. They had this argument every other day.

"I don't know what to say to them." He closed his book, "You're better at it than I am."

Steven decided to let it drop. "Actually, I gotta talk to you."

"OK."

He nervously cleared his throat. "Joey came by and we got talking."

Joe blinked a couple of times, "OK."

"Well," Steven clasped his hands together and looked down the hallway, "Are we alone?"

"Yeah."

"Like I said, Joey and me got to talkin' and he-" He stopped, "He told me that he was in love with me."

Joe shook his head slightly, "So? We all do. So what?"

"Naw, he loves me. Like I made a date with him."

Joe's eyebrows went up but he remained quiet.

"So anyway, I invited him over tonight, and I guess, I just wanna let you know."

Joe nodded. "OK."

"Is that all you gotta say?"

"Well, you're a big boy and I've heard that he is too."

Steven gave a slight smile. "Yeah but I just wanna make sure you're cool with it."

"Yeah I'm cool with it." Joe smiled at him, "You know how I feel about you, and that won't change baby. I hope you still have a place in your heart for me."

Steven nodded, "Yeah you know I will." He stood, "I gotta go. Thanks."

He walked back into the stadium. He had to leave Joe in more ways than one. Joe had Billie-everything was cool between them. He might be alone with him again, but maybe not. He couldn't just sit around waiting for a chance moment with him again.

_____________________________

Steven sat on his couch, and played with the tie on his silk robe. He was excited about tonight and nervous. He hoped that he could live up to what Joey was expecting to get.

But his mind quickly wandered. He was still a bit shocked about how nonchalant Joe had been: Just 'OK'. He didn't know really what to expect, or why he had to go and basically ask permission. Part of him, he reasoned, secretly hoped that Joe would have thrown him onto the floor and taken him right there, but that was silly. Of course he wouldn't have-he was getting it all from Billie now.

He didn't need permission-he knew he'd feel guilty. That's why he did it, but he still felt guilty. Joe knew exactly what was going to happen and he still felt pangs of guilt. He didn't feel guilty about Teresa...

The knock on the door made him jump. He opened it and was surprised at seeing a girl holding a bouquet of pink orchids. "Mr. Tyler?"

"Uh yeah."

"I have a delivery for you." She handed the vase to him.

"Oh thanks," He took the vase and sat it down and retrieved his wallet. He gave her a good tip and wished her a good night. He closed the door and admired the flowers. He found the card and opened.

'I saw these and remembered how much you loved them when we were in Osaka. JK'

He ran his fingers over the delicate petals and sighed.

Meanwhile...

Joe sat on the bed watching Billie brush her hair, but he was lost in his imagination.
He wondered if Joey was with Steven by now-if they had already fucked. He wondered if he had lost him forever.

"It was a good show tonight." She said.

"Yeah."

She looked at him, "That didn't sound too convincing."

"I'm just tired I guess."

"You got quiet a work out tonight." She sat down beside him, "Why don't you let me give you a backrub?"

Without a word he laid on his stomach, he sighed as her fingers began to rub his shoulders.

"You're really tight, did you hurt yourself?"

"Naw, I'm OK."

She poured some lotion into her hands and started a deep massage. "Are you sure you're OK? You're really tense-"

"I'm OK." He snorted.

"Jesus," She muttered.

"Sorry," He said quietly, "I didn't mean that, I'm just tired."

She leaned over and gave him a nibble on his earlobe. "I understand."

Billie went back to her work. Joe felt his tired muscle relax, but his mind was still racing. He thought about the show. He saw the way Joey looked at Steven, the slight grin and sparkle in his eyes.

He remembered the bow; Steven wrapped his arms around Joey and Joey returning it. He was second to get a hug from Steven and it wasn't really a hug; he just draped his arm over his shoulder.

That's when Joey gave him the look. It was 'I got him. I won-not you' look.

He sighed, feeling Billie's hands going lower down his back. He felt tears welling in his eyes.

"Is your back out?"

"Huh?"

"Did I hurt you?" She frowned.

He sat back up, "It's OK." He brushed under his eyes, "Really, I'm fine." Joe looked at her, she was not so sure. He couldn't tell her. No way in hell he could say why he was crying. "Look I'll go get cracked tomorrow. I didn't wanna say anything, but yeah my back has been bothering me."

He decided to leave it at that. He lay back down and closed his eyes.

She turned off the light and took her place beside him, "Goodnight."

"I'm sorry I snapped at you." He swallowed hard, "It's not your fault."

She turned over and looked at him, "It's OK, just get fixed before the next show." She gave him a kiss on his temple.


_____________________________________

Steven felt his eyes well up with tears-not because of the gesture, but his own guilt. For a brief second, he thought maybe the orchids were from Joe. He re-read the note. It was a wonderful thing to do; he knew how expensive and difficult it was to get these flowers. Joey had gone to a lot of trouble to just make him happy.

He thought about some things that had been said over the years, small seemingly insignificant things. Things that made some sense now, and of course, the bed. Joey had given him that bed.

He decided that he couldn't just throw this away. He had to try-he had to give him a chance. His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door-this time it was Joey. "Come on in."

He walked in, "I see you got the orchids."

"Yeah, thanks. I love them!" He closed the door and stood beside him, "What a beautiful color."

"Sexy pink." Joey looked at him, "That's what the florist called it."

Steven looked at him, "I'm so glad that you're here."

"Glad to be here." He gave a slight nod.

"Sit down," Steven dimmed the lights, "And make yourself comfortable."

Joey sat on the couched and eyed Steven as he walked over, "I was trying to remember what you used to call me?"

He sat by him, his fingers rubbing Joey's shoulder. "I don't know...'genius'?"

Joey gave a nervous laugh, "No, after we did it-"

"Oh yeah. Thumper."

"Thumper? How the hell you come up with that?"

Steven looked down and put his hand on Joey's bouncing knee-it immediately stopped. "Are you nervous?"

"Of course."

"Don't be." He wrapped his arms around the drummer and pulled him closer. "We're just picking up were we left off."

They felt each other's hot breath on their faces; silently Joey leaned into a kiss. Steven pressed his lips onto his and shoved his tongue into his mouth. Their tongues wrestled, but Joey suddenly pulled away.

"What?"

"I gotta know." Joey ran his hand through his hair, "Do you still love him?"

Steven was puzzled, but he'd made up his mind. "Part of me still does, but then part of me still loves Bebe and Cyrinda. It's part of my past, and I can't just throw feelings like those away-"

"Yeah I know. But I wanna make sure that you're not just gonna use me until Joe comes back. I don't wanna start something and get thrown aside when something better comes along."

"I told you I'm not into mind games." He wrapped his arms around him again, "It's over between us. We haven't been together in years."

Joey remained silent so Steven snuggled into his neck, "Be my Thumper again."

"Thumper," He repeated. "Still wish you would have come up with a different name."

"I can call you my wittle bunny wunnykins." He drew a deep breath.

Joey just laughed, "I guess Thumper ain't so bad."

Steven kissed his neck, and sat up, "You smell great. What cologne are you wearing?"

"I'm not-I didn't want to wear something that would make you start wheezing."

"Really?" Steven drew another breath, "God, you just smell great." He kissed Joey's lips again as his hand kneaded at his chest. His fingers found the buttons and began undoing them.

Any inhibitions they were harboring were gone. Joey pushed the silk robe off Steven's shoulders-his fingers gently caressing his nipple. "I love you so much." He said between kisses but now his hand made its way into Steven's pajamas. He grasped him and started to pull.

Steven broke away and caught his breath, "Let's go to bed, before you make me come right here."

Joey followed him into his bedroom, and removed his jacket. He pulled out a roll of condoms and a bottle of astroglide and placed them on the bedside table. "I know, no glove no love."

"That's what I love about you, you're always prepared." Steven smiled as he unfastened Joey's jeans. He couldn't help but to let out a gasped as he saw his aroused cock.

"What's with you? You act like you've never seen me before?"

"Just forgot." He had to steal another look. Steven looked at his face. "Whatcha thinkin' bout?"

"Aw, I'm just so happy." Joey said with an easy smile. His hands pulled away Steven's robe and tossed it onto the floor. "After all these years-we're finally back together."

Joey finished undressing. He went to Steven and gently pulled his pajamas off. "I was thinking bout the van."

"Yeah?" He sat on the bed.

"Well, what I remember-it was quick."

"We were kids-the quicker the better."

"Yeah, well I don't want this to be quick." Joey sat down beside him. "I wanna know what you like."

"I'm game for just about anything." Steven kissed him again. "Whatever, really. How about you?"

"Don't like oral."

"Huh?" He said in a startled tone. He'd never met a man that didn't like blowjobs.

"I just don't like the thought of teeth being near something I value so much."

"Fuck if I bit off an inch you'd still have more than most men do. I'm careful." He wrapped his lips over his teeth quickly as an example. "See? I got it covered. I only bite if you want." He gave him a hard kiss, "What do you want me to do?"

He secretly hoped-'Blowjob! Give me a blowjob!' He'd actually regretted not doing that to him back in the van. He'd always wondered what it would be like to have that huge cock in his mouth-to see if he would be able to swallow all of it.

"Touch yourself."

Steven's eyes narrowed a bit. He ran his fingers over his own cock wincing slightly as he hit a sensitive area. He kept his eyes on Joey; he was silently watching him. "Don't you wanna do this?"

"You're doing fine. Beside I wanna see how rough you like it."

"I like rough." He pulled especially hard on his shaft.

"Well the way I grabbed you out there, I wasn't so sure."

Steven pulled hard on himself he knew he was about to cross that line where he'd have to go all the way. Hell, maybe that's what he wanted. "Thumper happy?"

"Yes." Joey kissed him again.

Steven kept kissing, shoving his tongue deep down Joey's throat, his hand grasping him and pulling. "So how rough do you like it?" He gave him a hard tug; he watched Joey's eyes close in delight.

"Like that...that's good."

"Maybe I'll figure you out one of these days."

"I want you." He said breathlessly, "Darling do you want me?"

As an answer, Steven pushed him on his back and straddled over him. Joey took the tube and squirted the gel onto his fingers. He slowly shoved them into Steven's body.

He relaxed, letting his fingers go deeper and deeper. His head went back and he let out a shriek. "Oh, yeah...right there."

"I know." Joey smiled again. He began pumping his fingers quickly, "You wanna go?"

Steven nodded quickly, so Joey lubed himself and helped him onto his cock. He was careful-slowly letting Joey inside him. He'd forgotten how massive he was.

Joey began to jerk on him now, so he leaned into his hand then back onto his cock. He felt the sweat on his body, he looked down and Joey-his eyes were almost closed. "Are you ready?" he gasped.

Joey didn't say anything. He opened the rubber and quickly put it on and just as quickly, put one on Steven. His hand quickly went over Steven's shaft until he climaxed. He noticed that Joey liked it when he made noise, so he moaned louder than usual.

He couldn't help but to let out a cry; just as quickly, he figured out Joey's rhythm and mirrored him. Joey pounded him quickly but still kept his grip on Steven.

Steven leaned back, taking in the glory of it all. He looked at Joey-he was just as spent as he was. He clenched his muscles to keep Joey inside him and fell onto his chest, "Then you wonder why I called you that?"
_____________________________________

Joe woke up, and instantly thought about them: nothing new there. It had been three weeks since Steven had told him about his 'date' with Joey. Almost every waking moment he thought about them. He tried not to but it was impossible.

He looked at his watch; it was time to get up. He looked over-she was gone. The bus was quiet, everybody must be up and gone. Nothing new there either-everyone knew how he liked to sleep late. He wondered how late they were sleeping.

He got ready for yet another day-he should be happy. KISS had invited him onstage to play and tonight was the night. That was an honor not given to many-in fact he couldn't really recall any outsider getting to play onstage with them. He'd already mastered performing in those godforsaken platform boots.

But this was just gnawing away at him. Steven and Joey. He never imagined that this would happen.

'And to think I asked him to go talk to him! I fuckin' started it!' He thought as he closed the bus door. He waved at his driver and went to the venue.

He walked down the white corridor and found Steven's name on a door. He gave a brief knock and was told to come in.

He looked at Steven; his hair pulled back in a scrunchie sort of thing, white tee shirt and faded blue jeans. "So you get asked bout the set list?"

"Naw." Joe looked at him. God he looked so happy, so much healthier than three weeks ago. There was a spring in his step, a new glimmer in his eyes. He knew who'd put it there and it wasn't him.

"So what do you think? Should we spice things up tonight or just stay with last night's?"

Joe gave a shrug. He just kept staring at him-he wanted him worse than ever. He wanted him to yield to him in any way. He wanted those long fingers to run through his hair again, to touch him. He wanted him to scream out his name again.

Steven continued, "I've been on the boards, and some of them are bitchin' cause we aren't changing the set enough. They're gone to two shows and seen the same songs. That might work with KISS but we ain't KISS."

He realized he had to say something, "Whatever, I don't care."

Steven frowned at him. "What do you mean you don't care?"

'Fuck!' He thought to himself. 'Steven hates it when he thinks people don't care!' He tried to smooth it over. It would be a great show no matter which songs they picked. "If you, you know wanna add a song or take something out, it's fine with me. That's all I'm saying."

Steven looked at the sheet of paper in his hand, "Tonight's you're thing with them, isn't it?"

"Yeah." He looked at Steven's hand-he had a new ring. A great big diamond encrusted band on his middle finger. "Cool ring."

"Thanks. Joey gave it to me."

"Oh." He answered. He looked-the bracelet he'd given to him was still on his wrist. "That was nice."

Steven tossed the paper down. "Are you OK?"

"Yeah, I just got up so I'm not too talkative-"

"Joe, sit down."

He obeyed. He sat on the couch and Steven sat beside him. "What's on your mind? You've been acting like the world's falling apart."

He just shrugged. "Just been thinkin' about how things are in your life now."

Steven played with his new ring. "Yeah, it's been pretty good." He tried to downplay how incredibly happy he was. "How's things with you?"

"I'm miserable."

"Why?"

"I can't believe what a hard time I've been having with this-you and him." Joe played with the hem of his jacket instead of looking at him.

"What?"

"All I think about is you two."

"Come on-"

"Every waking moment I have is thinking about you and him." Joe wiped his eyes, "I want you so fucking bad it's driving me crazy."

"Oh God," Steven he gave his head a shake, "Joe, we had some great times man-I don't regret one moment I ever spent with you. Nobody can ever take that away from us." He looked at him; he was staring at the table in front of them. "But things change. You got Billie. I know that you're where you should be.

"And Joey, man he treats me great." Steven blinked hard. "I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have told you about him. It wasn't fair, but I thought-I guess that I just wanted to let you know I wasn't fucking around behind your back."

"Is that the only reason why you had to tell me?"

"I don't know-it wasn't like I planned on you getting jealous about this." Steven looked at him, and finally caught his eye, "You know how I feel about you, and you know how you feel about her. You are right where you should be and you know it."

Joe was silent for a long time. He stared at the table, thinking but he knew he was right. He didn't want to go through that fight with her again. If they would start in again, he knew that if she ever found out it would end in divorce. She could hardly forgive him the first time-never a second. He had all ready concluded that it would be tough on him, their sons and financially too. They had no prenup. Billie would get at least half of everything he'd made.

He finally looked at him, "Yeah. I know. It's gotta be this way."

"You got a great family, a loving wife, great kids. A fan base that rivals some cities-"

"I know. It's just true what they say: You just don't realize what you had until it's gone."

"I will always be in love with you, Joe. There's nothing in the universe that will ever change that."

"Me too." He managed. He decided to change the subject. "So the set list?"

"We'll see what everyone else wants."

"I'll see you later." Joe got up still thinking about what Steven had said. He opened the door and was startled to see Joey standing there. "Hey-"

He narrowed his eyes. "What are you doing in here?"

"Just talkin' bout the set-"

Joey bolted past him and stared at Steven. "What's going on?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing? He was in here a long time to have 'nothing' going on!"

Joe closed the door and watched them.

"We talked about him playing tonight with KISS." Steven walked around the table, "Why? How long were you standing out there?"

"He beat me to the door. I don't want some 'quicky' thing like he did with Brad!"

Steven's eyes widened. "Brad? What?"

Joe felt his stomach tighten up. "Oh for fuck's sake." He muttered.

"Did you?" Joey turned to Joe. "Did you blow him like you did Brad?"

He was furious at him. "We talked. That's it!"

"Whoa," Steven walked closer to them. "What's this about Brad?"

Joe took a deep breath, he'd never thought in a million years that Steven would find out about Brad. "When we were recording Play, Brad was getting really down. One day he wandered off into my woods and I followed him. I found him crying and we got to talking and he said he wanted to leave.

"I said, 'What for the day?' and he said 'No, the band.' So we got talking and he was just so unhappy, so I-" he shrugged, "I persuaded him to stay."

"You blew him!" Joey corrected. "I lost him to that! And I'll be goddamned if I lose Steven!"

"Jesus Christ on crutches," Steven shook his head, trying to fathom what was said.

"You would have done the same." Joe retorted. "I need Brad-I can't get used to another guitar player. Besides it was a one time thing."

"Sure it was." Steven turned back to Joey, "So you just stand around waiting to see who comes and goes?"

"I was waiting to hear something-"

"And did you?"

"No." Joey let up, "No, I didn't hear anything."

"I hope you realize that there are some things I have to talk to Joe about." He looked at them in utter disbelief. "Can you two leave I wanna be alone."

"Darling I'm so sorry," Joey took a step towards him, "I'm just so afraid of losing you."

"We'll talk later."

Joe followed Joey out and kept following him. They remained silent until they got into Joey's room. Joey asked his drum tech to leave and waited for the fireworks. He didn't have long to wait.

"Why did you say anything to him about Brad?"

"It was the heat of the moment, I was certain that you'd done him-"

"Oh God," Joe held his temples, "I didn't want anyone finding out about this." Then he looked at Joey, "Honestly, I didn't know about you two-you and Brad."

"Us three."

"Three?"

"Oh yeah." Joey sat down beside him, "Tom Brad and me. The Less Interesting Three, actually it started out as The Learned Intercourse Three. Then Tom step aside when he sobered up so it was just me and Brad.

"Then all that happened, with you and him and I don't know, he changed. He started this whole mid-life crisis. I got swept aside just like Karen."

"It was just a blow job. It probably wasn't all that great."

"Well see," Joey leaned forward, "I don't do oral. He never got one from me-Tom maybe, but I never did."

"Why not?"

Joey shrugged, "I'd rather not say-"

"Don't you think I deserve an answer!" Joe snapped. He then drew a deep calming breath, "It's just between us. I promise."

"Well back in high school, this girl was giving me one and she bit me-I mean bit me hard. I ended up getting an infection and going to a doctor. I had a real mess for a while, so I never liked them and I never liked giving."

"Jesus, and I thought crabs were bad."

"So I guess, that's why I'm just so afraid of Steven finding someone that will do it. He's asked if he can to me, and he wants me to do it, but I just can't."

"Did you tell him?"

"No." Joey shrugged, "I suppose I should, but like I said you know it's embarrassing."

"So we never did-" Joe thought for a moment, "Did we?"

"No. We all knew you were with Steven."

"Really? And I thought we were so careful."

"We kept quiet about it cause we figured you knew about us."

He thought for a moment-now his concern was with his old love. If he lied, maybe Steven wouldn't be his, but he wouldn't be Joey's either. Then again, maybe Steven would find someone horrible, the man deserved to be loved and Joey loved him. "I'll give you some free advice." Joe leaned back, "If you wanna keep him, you better learn."

Joey's eye twitched, "I was afraid you were gonna say that."

"It's not so bad, and believe me, he's the best at it." Joe got up and looked around Joey's table, "You gotta toothbrush holder?"

"Yeah." He retrieved it from his bag and held it up.

"Practice with that. It'll get rid of your gag reflex."

"Thanks, do you think that's all he needs?"

"Oh yeah, that makes him so happy. He loves that more than anything in the world."

Joey looked at the case. "I'm really sorry about what happened back there."

"It's OK." Joe gave a partial smile, "Just keep him happy. He deserves to be loved."
___________________________________________


Joey sat on his couch and turned on the television but his mind turned to his darling. Steven had ignored him all day-he noted that he had also given Joe the brush off. He was angry-angry at the two of them. He wished the show could go on forever for the sheer fact that Steven acknowledged their existence.

He hoped that the red roses he had sent to Steven's room would help. He thought about going over and apologizing again, but he remained seated. Maybe he would just make things worse.

He kept going over the fight again and again. He regretted his outburst. He should have trusted him, he shouldn't have jumped to the conclusion, but he also knew Joe: Joe could very easily take Steven away. All he had to do was make the suggestion and he'd jump into bed with him.

Goddamn Joe. Why did he have to be here? Of course he knew he had to be here-he remembered what it was like without him.

He thought about the shocked look on his darling's face when he told him about Joe and Brad. It was crystal clear: just that look told the story. Steven was still madly in love with Joe.

He knew he would never live up to the great god of fuck Joe Perry. He would always be the second. He would never replace him in Steven's heart. Maybe he should just forget it. Maybe unrequited love is better than physical love at all. Maybe it would have been better to admire him from afar and remember the happy times than go through this bullshit.

It was own his fault-he always had a thing for drummers. He always liked people who could keep good rhythms. April was a drummer, Tom a bass player. Brad a guitarist but he was still fabulous.

He was so lost in thought he didn't hear the knocking on the door. He didn't notice it until it became a pounding. He got up and opened it. There stood Steven. "God for a second I thought something happened to you."

"Naw I was just-thinking."

"Uh well," Steven looked around the hallway. "Can I come in? Or if you're expecting somebody-"

Joey opened the door, "Naw, I'm alone."

"Oh OK." Steven nervously rubbed his nose, "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about today. I didn't talk to you cause I didn't want a bigger fight, ya know. I didn't wanna have a big fight hangin over us before we went out. And I didn't wanna talk after the show cause my cough came back." He gave a shrug, "So I did a treatment and thought about-" He stopped and just stared at him.

"What?"

"Please trust me." He took a step closer, "There was a time that I would have done that-I would have asked Joe to do that, but not now." He ran his finger over Joey's robe, "Not after these three wonderful weeks."

Joey remained silent; he didn't know if he could believe him. He knew in his heart he was the second. He would never be Joe Perry.

Steven pulled out a long thin gray box from his coat. "I was gonna give this to you next week, but I just can't wait." He held it out for him to take it. "Happy anniversary."

Joey remained fixed. "I don't think I should."

"Why?"

"Steven, I know you're still in love with Joe."

"Yeah, well, like I said, I still love Bebe and Cyrinda-"

"No, you love him. You'll never love me as much as you do him. You'll never get that addiction out of your veins."

Steven's long fingers nervously played with the edges of the box. "What makes you say that?"

"The look on your face when I said what he did with Brad. You were so hurt."

"Yeah, well I didn't know he had it in him; he always swore I was the only one. Honestly, I didn't know about you and Brad, I mean I figured you'd been with a guy before."

"Yeah, me and Brad and Tom were pretty close for a while."

"So you gonna tell me that you don't still love Brad? Or Tom?"

Joey gave a shrug, "Yeah I suppose I do, but I know it's over with both of them. Both of them pushed me away."

"It's over between me and Joe-"

"I don't know."

"For fucks sake, Joey! I love you!" Steven sat on the couch, "Like I said, there was a time, I would have fucked Joe Perry in a heartbeat, but I won't!"

"So if he came walking through your door and said, 'Hey, I got twenty minutes to kill, let's go.' You wouldn't fuck him?"

"Would you with Brad? Would you with Tom?"

Joey gave a deep sigh, "No, I wouldn't cause I know it won't happen."

"It won't happen with me either!" He looked up at him, "Joey, do you have any idea why Billie and the kids are on tour all the time?"

"I just figured the boys were old enough to go out."

"Nah, it's cause Billie found out about me and Joe. She threatened to leave him. That's when it ended, cause she's around to watch him."

Joey raised and eyebrow at him but remained quiet.

"I'm sorry if you think I don't love you, but I do. I've loved you for years. I never approached you about it cause I didn't think you remembered that time in the van. I've wasted years not having you in my life." Steven shook his head, "And now the tour's about over-"

"What does the tour have to do with anything?"

"Well, we're back home right? No more sex."

"You mean the only time you two ever were together was on the road?"

"Yeah."

"Brad and me, we'd be together least twice a month."

"Really?"

Joey sat beside him, "Yeah, I'd ask him to come over and look at the new car I bought and then we'd do it in the bathroom."

"Weren't you afraid of April finding you?"

"No, she knew. She just wanted me to keep it from Jesse."

Steven felt his eyes widen, "She knew?"

"Yeah, I've told her about us too."

"And she's OK with it?"

"Me and April, we're lovers but mostly friends, she has her own life. She tells me about her lovers and I tell her about mine."

"I love you, I love being with you." Steven held out the box again, "If you love me you'll accept this."

"What about the kisses?" 'Kisses' was Steven's code for 'I wanna blowjob!'. He'd learned that the hard way. The third time they were together, Steven said, 'Kisses.' so he did that. He gave him a great big kiss with plenty of tongue. When he was done, he got corrected: Not the lips-the cock.

"What about it?"

"I know you're not happy about that."

"Maybe someday, maybe not. I ain't pushing for you to do something you don't wanna."

Joey finally took the box from his hand.

"Please just trust me. That's all I ask of you. Just have some faith in me that I ain't gonna throw this away."

"OK." Joey gave him a smile, "I'm sorry about all of this, I'm just insecure about Joe."

"I don't know why."

Joey finally opened it and saw a necklace-white gold chain and a large cross, covered in diamonds and sapphires hanging from it. "Jesus, it's beautiful."

"Why don't you put it on, I wanna see how it looks on you."

He did and ran his fingers over the stone, "You shouldn't have." He looked at himself in the mirror, the gems sparkling and the shine of the gold. It was a beautiful piece of jewelry.

"Looks wonderful on you." Steven wrapped his arms around his waist. "Do you like it Thumper?"

"Yes, I love it," He turned to him, "Thank you."

Joey looked into his eyes, now a deep feeling of guilt ran over his mind, "I'm so sorry about all of this."

"It's OK." He gave him an Eskimo kiss, "It doesn't matter."

"OK. It's just us now." Joey gave a smile.

"Yeah, me and you. That shit's all in the past."

"Do you wanna stay for a while?"

"Yes." Steven cocked his head at him, "Sex in a bathroom did you do it in the shower?"

"No on the toilet."

Steven let out a squeal, "Can we do that?"
Sign up to rate and review this story