Categories > Original > Erotica

Mouse Trapping

by rykaine

[SLASH; threesome; incest] Brothers Canton and Jain are looking to lure a certain mouse into their bed. And hopefully entice him to stay. warnings: listed above, first attempt at writing sex

Category: Erotica - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Erotica, Fantasy, Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-12-06 - Updated: 2006-12-07 - 5784 words - Complete

?Blocked
For this particular story I was given four words: bait/, /appeal/, /bid/, /advance as prompts to use however I so desired in concept, hence the headers before each new scene. I briefly considered making each one its own chapter, but felt they were too short to truly substantiate such a tactic.

Mouse Trapping

The Bait

Canton and Jain were hungry. Though certainly not for anything that could be found in the kitchen. Well... it might have been in the kitchen, but at this hour, Canton doubted it. No, what they had a craving for was more likely in the vicinity of the library. That was usually where their little mouse was to be found at the chiming of the eleventh hour.



Quietly, ever so stealthily, Canton crept down the long, near black-for all but a few candles had been blanketed-corridor. His booted feet whispered softly along the thick burgundy carpet marking the path along the floor, but that was the only sound he made.



They had been watching the little mouse for some time. Watching and wanting and waiting. Hungrily and somewhat impatiently, they had waited. But tonight the waiting was over. At last. Tonight they could do more than simply watch. Tonight they could taste and touch.



All they needed to do was capture the little mouse; entice him into their arms. Their bed.



Which was why Canton was now prowling the hallways at the eleventh hour. They had decided he stood the best chance of luring the mouse their way. Canton had a very talented mouth. A way with words, a way with his tongue that was simply...



Canton could be very persuasive.



Also, because Jain had ordered it so, and no one denied Jain-usually on fear of death, though in Canton's case it was on fear of unattained release. And he wanted his release tonight. Had been looking forward to it since they began formulating their plans almost a fortnight ago. Since their little mouse had come to live with them six years ago.



Canton wanted badly.



Licking his lips in anticipation of things to come, Canton approached the set of double doors that opened into the library. With a painstaking slowness, he turned the latch of one door and quickly slipped inside the large room.



Books, wall to wall and floor to ceiling. Canton was only half-surprised the stairs to the second level above had not somehow been outfitted with shelves. Though if their mouse kept it up, they just may have to contrive to do exactly that.



But that was hardly of great concern to him at the moment.



Careful observation had revealed that their mouse preferred to ensconce himself on the second level. At the very back, in a corner that received much sunlight all through the day, in a tired old chair. Faded and outmoded, it should have been thrown out long ago, when the newer, more intricately crafted furniture had been brought.



It was upon Jain's order that the chair remained, for their little mouse chose no other when he was in the library. Jain would not see him suffer any discomfort.



Canton took the stairs two steps at a time, careful to maintain his silence. There mouse could be quite skittish, and Canton had no desire to alarm him, cause him undue distress.



He came upon the landing, and sure enough, their mouse was there, curled up in his corner with a large, thick, leather bound volume spread open across his folded legs.



Canton could not help stopping a brief moment to look upon him, admire him. His messy mop of copper-brown curls were set afire by the multitude of candles-another of Jain's indulgences, no doubt-lit around him; his skin, so pale and flawless glowed with a radiance than none of those simpering court ladies could ever hope to achieve with their fussy powders and creams. Smooth features, soft lines and angles, softer skin-Canton knew it would be like silk beneath his hands.



Their mouse was truly a unique specimen.



Smiling, licking his lips once again, Canton stepped forward, this time being certain that his boots thumped loudly on the carpeted floor, alerted their mouse to his approach. It would not do for him to startle their mouse; they wanted to draw him into their trap, not scare him away.



The mouse glanced up, bottle green eyes blinking in the soft candlelight before they focused fully on Canton. He tilted his head in inquiry, one delicate eyebrow rising minutely.



"Good Eve, El," Canton halted his steps when mere inches filled the space between him and the chair, an act which forced their mouse to tilt his head back farther to see Canton properly. Or else stand and be pressed quite neatly against Canton. Canton would not be at all opposed should their mouse opt for the latter. "I trust the night finds you well."



"Indeed, it suits me well enough." El studied him for long moments, curiosity written clearly in his eyes. "What brings you about these halls so late? I had thought you had retired already."



"Merely for a light rest, dear El. I have plans this night that demand my full attention."



"What possible plans could require your attention at this hour?" Their little mouse raised an eyebrow skeptically.



"I'm looking to catch a mouse. The library seemed the most promising place to begin."



"I can assure you there are quite a number of books on the topic," El waved his hands towards the shelves. "But why so late, Cousin?"



Canton smirked. "I've a suspicion it will be easier to draw him out at a time when there are fewer people milling about. When he would be much more at ease, and thereby much easier to coax."



El nodded as he considered Canton's words. Slowly, he straightened in his seat, uncurling his legs to set his feet flat on the floor, the toes of his bare feet-only their mouse would dare roam the palace in bare feet!-just brushing the tips of Canton's boots. "What about this mouse has your interests so piqued, exactly?" He closed his book softly and settled it carefully across his thighs.



"I do not know that I could name precisely what it is that captivates me so." Unable to resist, Canton reached out a hand and brushed a stray curl from their mouse's face. "He is simply an enchanting creature."



"You find a rodent enchanting, Cousin?"



"My mouse is no rodent, Irell." Canton let his gaze wander. Over the hair still shining like fire in the candlelight, the curious bottle green eyes, the slender line of his neck, the long, tapered fingers tapping idly against the leather binding of the book. "That is not your new volume." And he smiled to himself to know why their mouse was not in possession of it.



The uncertainty flitted from their mouse's expression, replaced by a displeased frown. "No, though it should have been delivered this day." El sighed and placed the book on the side table, fingers tracing lovingly over the slightly frayed edges. "My collection would be complete if it had been."



"Are you certain that it was not? Perhaps it has merely been... misplaced." Canton rocked back on his heels, assuming a speculative stance. "Or maybe it was delivered into the wrong hands."



El flicked his eyes back to Canton, a mixture of hope and caution coloring his voice. "What do you know, Cousin?"



"Only that Jain was presented a rather antiquated volume by his courier this morning." Canton shrugged, fighting back the smile pulling at his lips as their mouse drew himself straighter, eyes alighting with disbelief and excitement.



"Oh! Do you think it could be mine?"



Canton shook his head. "That I cannot be certain about; you would have to check and see for yourself."



El sat forward, hands pressed tightly into the arms of the chair as though he were preparing to launch himself from it. But just as suddenly he fell back in his chair again, their little mouse looking crestfallen and disappointed.



"You do not wish to go?"



"I do not think the hour permits it." He pouted, and Canton had to reign in the urge to lean down and kiss it away. "I shall have to wait until morning."



"Nonsense. Jain would hate to think you were caused needless distress or worry. We all know how important your books are to you." He grasped one of their mouse's hands, prying it gently from its grip on the chair and pulled him to his feet. "Come, we will go now and see if we cannot discern this mystery."



"You think he will not mind?"



Canton smirked. "I know he will not mind." He led them down the stairs and into the hallway, keeping the hand firmly within his own.



Their little mouse had taken the bait. **



The Advance

El had to rely on all his schooling to keep from bouncing and dancing a path down the hallway to Jain's room. As it was, he still only just managed to restrain himself.



He had been collecting these volumes-a somewhat fanciful, though not wholly inaccurate, compiled history of the region and its surrounds-since he was twelve summers. The first and fourth volumes he had discovered quite by accident while playing in the library during one of his family's many stays here at the palace.



Already an avid reader, he had been utterly entranced by the tales he found within the faded pages and had been quite disappointed to learn that the other volumes were not to be found in his uncle's palace.



Somehow, his father had managed to find the third volume for his thirteenth birthday. It had been something of an indulgence at the time, he supposed, that his uncle acquired the second and fifth volumes for him when he came to live at the palace permanently when he was fourteen. A gift in the stead of sympathy for the untimely loss of his parents.



When he was sixteen, he happened upon the eighth volume at a local bookshop in the village. From then on he had gone to great lengths to research, find, and acquire the remaining volumes in the set-along with whatever other books captured his interest along the way. It had been a trying, and oft times unrewarding task, though being able to list the King and Crown Prince amongst his credentials had certainly helped a great deal.



And now he would finally have it. The very last book in the set. A full history of his uncle's kingdom as told through dragons, sorcerers, and knights with over-large egos.



It was truly a wonder he could contain his energy at all.



Of course... this was all assuming that the book Jain had received that day was, in fact, El's long-awaited volume. Perhaps it was not, though El could not possibly fathom what else it could be.



Jain was hardly illiterate and certainly not without his interests, but his duties and daily requirements largely kept him from pursuing those interests. It just, well... It made more sense the book would be El's, did it not?



A clock somewhere within the maze of hallways began to chime, a resounding, metallic ring that vibrated along the walls, calling out the passing of the twelfth hour.



El stopped walking, excitement and confidence fading with the echoes of the twelfth chime. Canton, however, appeared not to have noticed and continued on. He put a hand out to cease Canton's movement, call him back, but realized he need not have bothered.



Canton had gone no more than a couple steps forward, when El felt a slight tug on his arm. Frowning, he realized that Canton still held his hand in a tight, warm grip.



He blinked at their clasped hands, wondering how he had failed to notice. Why he was not more bothered by it. Canton's softly spoke, "Irell," brought his attention back and his gaze to his cousin, who watched him with the raised eyebrows of silent inquiry.



"I don't think..." His gaze returned once again to their joined hands, utterly entranced. "That is..." He looked back at Canton. "You are certain he will not mind an audience at so late an hour?" El tried, without success, to free his hand; Canton did not seem inclined to release his hold. "I can hardly imagine he is still awake."



His cousin smiled, a slow one that seemed to promise mischief. "There are rarely enough hours in Jain's day in which he may pursue his own idle interests. He therefore reserves such pleasures for the hours after the sun has set. When he may devote all his attention and passion to them."



El felt his cheeks heat at the way Canton spoke the word /passion/, the way it rolled off his tongue, made his eyes gleam with an odd fire. He licked his lips, nibbled upon his bottom lip nervously, "But will he-"



A single finger pressed against his lips, silencing him. It lingered there for several long seconds before pulling away, trailing a path along his cheek to brush a stray curl from his face. "He will be most pleased to see you, Irell. Never fear."



He stood riveted, studying Canton's face-his eyes-with the same intensity he devoted to his books, trying to discern the words his cousin did not speak. A silent promise El did not quite understand.



But he was not allowed any time to dwell on it, as Canton was moving again, and his firm hold on El's hand gave him little choice but to follow. Within moments they were in the corridor in which Jain's rooms lay. Within seconds they were standing before Jain's door.



Confusion from moments before mingled with nervousness now, doubts that maybe Canton was wrong and Jain really would mind a disturbance at this hour and what had he meant by putting that emphasis on passion and why would Canton not let go of his hand?



Really. He could come back in the morning. What were a few hours compared to the eight years he had spent seeking it out?



He tried again to free his hand, but Canton was not letting go, and so El could only watch as Canton raised a hand to knock, dread and apprehension and still that confusion and-



Canton did not knock. He just turned the latch and strolled through, pulling El in with him.



Which caused the dread to override everything because who ever just barged into the Crown Prince's chambers like that and now Jain really would be mad-assuming he would not have been before-except that, well, there was Jain, wide-awake and looking oddly relaxed, as though he were simply waiting. He was in a chair by the fireplace, sipping from a snifter of brandy and lightly perusing a book he had open on his lap.



El gasped, a flutter of excitement momentarily overriding his nerves and confusion. That was his book. Even from the doorway, El could see that.



Then Canton drew El all the way inside the room and finally released his hand. That should have been a relief, except he also put himself directly in front of the door, leaning against it with his arms crossed, effectively blocking any escape El might have made. Though what he should be escaping from, El was not quite certain yet. He just knew that he should be.



All of which brought him back to feeling confused and nervous again.



"You are returned sooner than I expected, Brother," Jain spoke without looking up. "Your hunt must have been successful."



"Very."



Jain lifted his gaze from the book then, a slow smile-much like the one Canton had given El earlier-forming at his lips as he looked from El to Canton. "So I see. That is very satisfying." He turned back to El as he stood, closing the book and setting it and his brandy upon a side table.



The gleam in his eyes was similar to what El had seen in Canton's eyes. It was captivating in its own way, but it also made him wary. He did not trust it. He did not know precisely what it meant, but he knew he did not trust it.



Especially not when it was both brothers watching him so. El took a shaky step back as Jain advanced upon him.



"Your books really are quite intriguing, Irell; I can see why you have devoted so much time to them." Jain paused when mere inches separated him from El, looming over him and forcing El to tilt his head as far back as he could manage to see him clearly. "But I wonder that you do not spend enough time in other pursuits." He reached out and brushed a hand through El's curls.



"Other... pursuits?" El's brow furrowed in uncertainty.



"Did my brother neglect to mention-we are attempting to catch a mouse."



"Canton mentioned that, yes. But I do not understand what that has to do with my..." El took another step back, feeling slightly lost and panicked when his back met with a wall, "book."



Jain smiled. Another slow one, but this one did not strike El as mischievous. This one was... something else. "A great deal, actually; as you will soon learn." That fire had returned to his eyes when Jain changed the direction of his gaze, turning it to Canton. "You please me greatly, Brother."



He could only stare wide-eyed as Jain reached for Canton, grasping the collar of his shirt and dragging him until there was barely any space between them and their mouths met in a kiss that was very decidedly not brotherly.



El knew he needed to get out now. He only wanted his book, and this really had nothing to do with... that, and brothers should not even behave like... that, and surely common decency would allow that they wait for him to leave first, and... and...



Seeing them together made him feel warm and flushed and maybe just a little bit excited, and now he really needed to leave. But, though Canton was no longer directly before the door, he still blocked El's only path to it, and Jain still had a hand in his hair, and though it was by no means painful, it was still quite firm and served to keep him very neatly where he was.



Though watching them was doing more to keep him rooted where he stood than either of those obstacles.



They broke apart, and El found himself riveted once again-panic momentarily forgotten. This time by the emotions he could see passing between them as they stared at each other. The fire in their eyes had risen by several degrees, and El was only just surprised they did not burst into flame.



Too late, he realized that he probably should not have gotten distracted because suddenly they were not looking at each other anymore.



Suddenly Jain had him surrounded on all sides, arms braced against the wall over El's head as Jain pressed in on him, and El felt very much like a trapped mouse himself...



He felt his heart stop, breath catching in his throat as he turned wide eyes to Jain's. Jain just smiled and leaned further in, breath just ghosting across El's cheeks, "How does it feel to be caught, Little Mouse?"



El shook his head, voice wavering slightly when he said, "No..."



Their little mouse had walked quite neatly into their trap. **



The Appeal

Their mouse trembled against him. Jain pulled back slightly, looking upon him in true concern. His eyes were wide with shock and fear, confusion and disbelief. Jain ran a soothing hand through their mouse's curls, smiling softly. "Do not fret, Little Mouse. We intend you no harm."



He felt Canton come up behind him, press firmly against his back as strong arms wrapped around his middle, chin setting upon his shoulder.



"But I..." The mouse's gaze flickered to Canton, then back to Jain, apprehension flooding his bottle-green eyes. He took a breath, licked his lips, closed his eyes. When he opened them again, he was staring almost pleadingly at Jain. "There has been a misunderstanding. I only desire my book."



Canton reached out a hand to dust across Irell's cheek, "And we only desire you." Their mouse gasped, startled eyes darting to Canton.



"There is no misunderstanding." Jain drew his attention back when he placed a gentle hand under Irell's chin and rubbed the thumb along his bottom lip. "We want to see your eyes light with passion."



Adorably, their mouse's cheeks flushed, and his mouth fell open as he released a shuddering his breath. His eyes flashed with the slightest trace of hunger, so quick it was gone almost as soon as it appeared, but Jain knew he had seen it. He knew, too, from the way Canton's hold on him tightened that his brother had as well.



Smiling, Jain leaned back in, brushing both corners of their mouse's mouth with a feather soft kiss. "Give us your passion this night, Little Mouse, and tomorrow you will have you book." And he covered Irell's mouth with his own without waiting for a response.



Small hands landed on his shoulders, pressed against them, trying to push him back. Jain leaned in even closer, bringing both his hands to grasp their mouse's face, hold him still. But though he held Irell firmly, prevented him from pulling away, the kiss was nothing but gentle, slow. Much as they desired their mouse, they did not want him to be frightened or hurt in any way.



He took advantage of Irell's surprised state to slip his tongue between parted lips. Their mouse tasted of ginger and honey with the slightest hint of cinnamon, and Jain delighted in the flavors as they rolled over his tongue, became a part of him. As Jain continued the kiss, he swept his tongue all along the inside of Irell's mouth, trying to coax their mouse into a response



Irell resisted for long seconds, holding himself stiff-though still slightly shaky-in Jain's arms. Then at last, Jain felt the walls start to fall. In the hands that changed from pushing against him to clinging almost desperately to the cloth of his shirt. The tiny whimper that seemed to escape unbidden. The timid, tentative slide of a tongue against his.



Jain smiled into the kiss, tilting his head slightly to change the angle, encouraging their mouse without words.



Nimble fingers ran along his chest, freeing the buttons of his shirt, and large warm hands grazed his bared skin. A growl sounded in his ear followed by a sharp bite to his earlobe. Jain pushed into Canton's touch, fed an answering moan into his and Irell's kiss, and was rewarded when he felt their mouse immediately respond.



It was with great reluctance that Jain finally broke away. Breathing heavily, he rested is forehead against Irell's and stared into green eyes-now turned dark and almost black with arousal. He grinned. "You are more eager than you let on, I think."



Their mouse flushed, warmth flooding his cheeks. "I... I'm... I did not mean..."



"Hush, Little Mouse," Jain placed a soft kiss upon his lips; Irell quieted instantly, though his face only grew redder. "I mean no reprimand." He turned to Canton, who held him so tight, waited so patiently. So patient, his dear brother. Jain kissed him, drawing Canton's unique flavor-whiskey and moonlight and something that simply was Canton-into him, mixing it with the lingering traces of their mouse, loving how they blended together so well.



"You should taste him, Brother," Jain panted when at last they parted. "He is your perfect compliment."



Canton's eyes were afire, and Jain knew that this was what he had been waiting to hear. How long they both had waited for this night. And Canton, showing such will in leading their mouse here without getting... distracted.



Jain raised a hand to cup Canton's cheek, staring intently into his brother's stone-grey eyes. "My love," he whispered.



"My King," Canton answered back, bringing up a hand to cover Jain's. Jain leaned in for another kiss, forgetting in that brief moment that any but his brother existed. But in the next moment, they parted, and he remembered there was one other in their world.



As one, they turned to their mouse who watched them with wide eyes, seeming in awe of what he saw between them. Though Jain was pleased to note they had not lost their color-indeed, if it were possible, they seemed to have grown darker.



Nor did he attempt to escape Canton's advance, and he only put up minimal resistance when Canton kissed him. The act appeared borne more out of reflex than any true desire, for once Canton's mouth closed over his, he opened almost immediately to him. In fact, their mouse's hands came up to bury themselves almost shyly in thick, wine-red locks.



Jain simply stood back and watched, entranced by the way they moved together, responded to each other.



Though no taller than Jain, Canton was certainly bigger. Bulkier and more defined where Jain was lean and trim. They both towered over their mouse, practically engulfed him. He was so small, so thin. Looking upon them, it appeared obvious that Canton could snap him like a twig with little effort. Could bruise the smooth, pale skin with a whisper of a touch.



But no... His brother was so gentle, so tender as his hands moved over the slender body.



Canton released a satisfied hum, and his roaming hand found purpose, fingers deftly undoing buttons and clasps, quickly divesting their mouse of his shirt and removing the belt from his pants, freeing the laces that held them closed.



He wedged a knee between their mouse's legs. His hands gripped Irell's hips and started him to rocking against the powerful thigh, eliciting a strangled moan from their mouse. Canton broke the kiss, trailing his lips along Irell's jaw and down his neck, sucking languidly at the juncture where Irell's neck met collarbone.



Their mouse continued to rock back and forth against Canton's thigh, head thrown back and mouth opened, breath falling heavily from his lips. His cheeks were high in color, but Jain felt certain it had little to do with embarrassment at the moment.



And then... he shuddered in Canton's arms, voice cracking on what may have been Canton's name, and then he sagged forward, head falling to rest on Canton's shoulder. That was when Jain moved, draping himself over Canton's back and placing light kisses along his bare shoulders, the back of his neck. "To bed, Brother."



He felt Canton nod, and he stepped back and away, quietly removing his clothes as he crossed the room and passed through the door that entered into his bedchamber. Canton was not far behind, carrying an unresisting Irell into the room and up to the dais where the bed was. He lay their mouse upon the bed, slowly eased his pants down and off. He accepted the damp towel Jain handed him and used it to clean their mouse with soft, gentle strokes.



Jain lay down beside him, raising himself on one elbow he leaned over Irell, bent down, and claimed his mouth once again. And there was no resistance this time. Just the moist heat of their mouse's mouth, and the feel of a tongue, rough and wet, twining with his own.



There was the rustle of cloth as Canton quickly undressed, and then mattress shifted, and then Irell gasped into his mouth, moaned as Canton joined the kiss briefly, before sliding away, turning his attentions elsewhere. At the same time, Jain placed a gentle hand upon one of their mouse's thighs, silently urging them to part. He resisted, stiffened. Jain suspected he would have pulled away completely, except that he gasped again, tension momentarily easing and allowing Jain to spread his legs.



He smiled against Irell's slips, grunting his approval. Canton had a very talented mouth.



At length, Jain pulled away, staring intently down at their mouse, expression serious. He brushed a stray curl from Irell's face. "Will you have me, Little Mouse?"



Irell instantly stilled, body tensing again. But just as easily, he relaxed again, nodded. "Yes." His voice was whisper soft, the word barely audible, but Jain could read it in his eyes.



Slowly, carefully, Jain entered him with one finger, pushing and pressing, enjoying the heat and the way their mouse moved, gradually adding a second and then third finger. He relished the way El's hips rocked and undulated. How he moaned and writhed and wrapped his arms around Jain's neck, drawing him closer, kissing him deeper.



He felt the mattress shift and knew that Canton had moved, making room for him to climb over Irell, settle between his legs. Jain leaned down to kiss him again as he pressed inside with slow, deliberate strokes. Their mouse's head fell back, eyes going wide and mouth opening on a silent cry, panting heavily.



Nails dug into his back, scraped along his shoulders. Jain placed kisses along Irell's collarbone, his neck, his shoulders. And there was Canton's special touch, fingertips drawing patterns in both theirs skins, tongue licking the sweat from their bodies, taking their mouths in heated kisses.



Then he felt Canton's heat press against his back. Teeth nipped once more on his ear, before changing to suckle and sooth the ache they had caused. Hands roamed over his chest, playing with his nipples, smoothing over his stomach, dipping into the curve of his hips. The continued lower still until they eventually left Jain, sliding over their mouse's smooth thighs, moving steadily upward.



The surprised gasp told Jain Canton's hands had found their destination.



Jain started to thrust faster and faster, drive them higher and higher. Their mouse drew his knees back, taking him deeper. Until at last Jain released a sharp, hawk-like cry, the sound mixing and harmonizing with Canton's deafening roar and their mouse's broken, startled shout. And Jain knew one night could never be enough.



Their mouse was more precious than they had thought. **



The Bid

Early morning sunlight peeked through a crack in the thick, dark curtains hanging over the windows, drawing a thin gold line across the bed and angled directly into his eyes. Squinting against the bright light assaulting his vision, El shifted, turning his head into his pillow, nuzzling into its warmth and hiding his eyes from the sun's rays. He blinked several times, ridding his sight of spots and the last vestiges of sleep.



As his vision cleared, however, so did his sleep-fogged mind, and one fact was suddenly and immediately clear: this was not his bed. Nor, actually, was this even his room.



More alert and now definitely awake, El became aware, too, of the arm around his waist, the shoulder posing as his pillow, the body wrapped snuggly around his.



How does it feel to be caught, Little Mouse?



El felt a shudder run through him, and his face grew heated as it all came flooding back. Images of the previous night flashed through his mind, and he closed his eyes, trying to block them out.



Surely that had all been a dream. Just a very vivid, very realistic dream. He had not actually... He would not really... Not Canton and Jain. They were brothers. He their cousin. It just... they would not. Had not.



It was just a dream. All a dream.



But then... whose arms was this? Trapping him against the hard, warm body behind him?



"Oh..." Not a dream. Definitely not a dream.



He must have spoken aloud, for he head a soft chuckle and, "I can promise you do not dream, El."



Eyes snapping open, he turned to look out, gaze landing almost immediately upon the speaker-Canton, seated in a chair that had been pulled up by the bed. A soft smile curved his lips, and an intense light filled his eyes. He appeared to have been there a while, just sitting and watching.



Speech evaded him for long minutes, as he simply started back at Canton. And then at last all he could think to say was, "So does this mean I may have my book now?"



"I am not sure I want to return it." Canton smiled, sliding from the chair and stretching across the bed before El. "In fact, I may just steal them all."



"Why would you do that?"



Warm breath tickled the back of El's neck as Jain stirred awake. The arm at his waist loosened and flexed before tightening again, drawing El more snuggly against Jain. "He means to keep you here." The lips continued along his shoulder, around is neck, grazing the shell of his ear. "With us."



El stilled, staring at Canton with wide, disbelieving eyes. He tried to speak, but Canton grasped El's chin between thumb and forefinger, drawing El towards him for a kiss that was long and languid and made his blood boil.



"I think I see now, where you two were always sneaking off to together in such a hurry," he murmured against Canton's lips when their kiss broke.



Canton raised an eyebrow, smile changing to a smirk. "I had not realized we were so obvious."



Jain laughed softly, and warm lips pressed a kiss to the back of his neck. "Father will not be pleased to hear that."



"You are only obvious in your eagerness to be gone. I at least, would never have expected..." Jain's fingers began tracing idle patterns into his stomach, teased lower, making El gasp and lose his train of thought.



"Father certainly would have our heads, then," Jain murmured into his hair.



"He is rather a prude." Canton combed his fingers through El's hair, dusted them across his cheek, down his arm, watching him as though mesmerized. El could not help flushing under such intense scrutiny. "You are truly enchanting, Irell."



Jain murmured an agreement against his back, fingers stroking along the insides of his thighs, making El shiver. "For so long we have waited. Wanted." El arched against him, thoughts scattering with every touch. "What would it take to keep you with us, Little Mouse?"



"To keep you always." Canton whispered against his skin, lips ghosting along his neck, suckling in the hollow of his throat, as his hands joined with Jain's.



El moaned and writhed, hands coming up to grasp at Canton's shoulders, nails digging nails into warm skin. He had never noticed them, not really. But now, all he knew was them. After some moments, in a broken, panting breath, he said only, "Kiss me."



Their mouse was well and truly caught. *
Sign up to rate and review this story