Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Nightmare in the Dark

by Ryals-shoal

By orders of the Godaime, Nara Shikamaru is sent alone to deliver a treaty to the leader of the Sound. Ever unpredictable, Orochimaru decides to give the Nara a 'taste' of how he inspires loyalty a...

Category: Naruto - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst, Horror - Characters: Orochimaru, Shikamaru - Warnings: [!!!] [R] [X] - Published: 2005-10-02 - Updated: 2005-10-02 - 3220 words - Complete

?Blocked
Oh my goth! An Oro/Shika fic? Crack pairings indeed! I decided to jump on the bandwagon and try my hand at a smut challenge! As my first attempt of literature porn, I regard this as a 'test run' of my yoai writing SKILLZ and would appreciate constructive feedback. But please be gentle, and keep in mind that I wrote this with very little editing and around 2 am while under the influence of painkillers X_x; So I am aware that it is full of mistakes. Special extra thanks to LJ Serenia for getting my butt in gear to write this!
Disclaimer: I'd be a rich bitch if I owned any of the Narutodom >_<

"Nightmare in the Dark"

Nara Shikamaru was never one to be frightened. The young shinobi prided himself in his ability to keep his cool during life threatening situations. He was a strategist, and a fair diplomat at that. As he had matured in his career as a shinobi, Shikamaru had found himself leaning more towards the political field, working out treaties between villages and such.

His current mission was a bit more...engaging than what he was used to. He was to personally exchange treaties with the Village of Sound. Alone.

The Nara gulped as he reached the edge of the Forest of Sound, where the designated meeting place was located. The Konoha messenger was to arrive alone and unarmed, save for the treaty written upon the scroll. Failure to do so would mean instant death to the messenger. Of course, that was no guarantee on his life even if he did follow the rules.

There's always a downside to being a diplomat, and the leader of the Sound was not one to fuck around with.

No sooner than Shikamaru had stepped a foot into the forest, he was immediately surrounded by a dozen Sound shinobi. He hid his surprise with an air of indifference, and calmly addressed the Sound nin standing closest to him; a lanky bloke with green eyes. "Escorts?" A nod was all he received, and a motion to put his hands up. Shikamaru did so without complaint, and patiently waited for the Sound nin to search his person for any weapons or tracking devices.

Once the shinobi was satisfied with his search, he backed off to motion the Leaf nin to follow. Shikamaru stuffed his hands into his pockets and trailed behind at a steady pace, giving all the impression that he was out for a stroll with a dozen or so Sound shinobi close on his ass. The meeting place was nowhere near the suspected Sound headquarters, but the display of security of this caliber for a mere messenger was enough to remind the young Nara that their leader was not one to underestimate. I will never understand why the Uchiha would go with him. Che, he's just a power crazed madman.

After an hour of traveling, Shikamaru was brought before an abandoned Inn that was all but immersed in foliage. There, he was escorted through the door by four of the Sound Shinobi, one flanking each side to prevent him from escape. Hmph, trusting sort aren't they? The Nara thought humorlessly as he was led inside.

The forest itself seemed to creep inside the house. The smell of rot and decay permeated the rooms, which were damp with moisture. Moss, fungus, and insects crawled up the walls and across the wooden planks the Leaf nin walked upon. Shikamaru suspected to meet in a room on ground level, but was instead led down into the basement. There, they encountered a trapdoor leading further underground.

The cellar? Shikamauru's skin crawled with dread, he was not one to be claustrophobic, but today seemed a good day to start.

The lanky Sound nin pulled open the trapdoor and motioned for the Konoha Messenger to climb down. Shikamaru hesitated, and shot a glance of uncertainty to the Sound nin holding the trapdoor open. A Sound shinobi from behind pushed him forward, and the Leaf nin suddenly found himself all but shoved down into the hole. Shikamaru stumbled on the stairs then caught himself, but before he could turn around the trapdoor had slammed shut above his head.

It was entirely black in the cellar. Shikamaru's flesh broke out into goosebumps, the cool air had seemed to have dropped a few degrees. He could no longer sense the presence of the Sound nin that had escorted him, but he knew that he was not alone in the darkness.

Shikamaru remained still for several minutes, allowing his eyes to adjust to the darkness. Before long, he was able to pick out a small white glow in the center of the room, and around it the faint outlines of a table that it rested upon. He gulped nervously and carefully descended down the steep stairs with as little noise as possible. He could hear no other sound save for his own shallow breathing and steady heart beat.

Once he reached the soft dirt ground, he approached the table with caution. Then slowly, the Nara lifted a splayed hand as a show of being unarmed, and reached inside his jacket to pull out the treaty.

"I am Nara Shikamaru. I have here a treaty proposing a truce between the Villiage of Leaf with the Village of Sound. Written and signed by the Godaime and five council members; we propose an end to this war and put our differences aside. Any questions about the terms you may consult with me." Shikamaru waited for a reply, but received none after several rapid heartbeats. Carefully, he laid the scroll on the table and backed up a pace.

A white hand emerged from the darkness to grasp the scroll. Long fingernails sliced through the seal and carefully unrolled the document. A face loomed into the faint glow of the light, a sharp angular face with glowing yellow eyes. Shikamaru became rigid at the sight of Orochimaru. He had never been so close in contact with the infamous leader of the Sound, and was fully aware of his capabilities. Shikamaru decided to remain as quiet as possible, so as to not attract attention to himself.

For several long minutes, Orochimaru poured over the document, and betrayed no emotion upon reading the proposal. Once finished, he placed the scroll down and looked up at the messenger, as if seeing him for the first time.

"Nara Shikamaru. You're that lazy smartass Kabuto talked about. Part of the Shadow clan eh?"

Shikamaru did not reply.

Orochimaru clicked his tongue and eyed the Nara with skeptically. "This is a good treaty. It almost seems too good. Tell me, what are the flaws?"

Shikamaru had counted on that question. "As it stands, the treaty would impair trade routes from the Sound to the Rain." Being truthful did have its benefits. "However, the treaty states that Konoha will move its business elsewhere in two years, and trade routes with both the Rain and the Cloud will be accessible. It would benefit all four Villages in the long run."

"Hmm." Orochimaru blinked his yellow eyes. "I suppose you're right. Very well, I will sign this 'treaty' to humor Tsunade-chan." He smirked, produced a pen from the interior of his robes and signed.

Shikamaru was stunned. That was it? I thought he would be a bit more inquisitive...but he doesn't seem to take the treaty seriously, that could be why.

The Nara blinked, and saw the dark figure behind the electric glow had disappeared. His eyes widened in surprise, then a hand snaked from over his shoulder to shove the scroll into the Leaf nin's breast pocket. "Wha-" Shikamaru whipped around to find Orochimaru standing close behind him.

"I appreciate your honesty with me. It is not often that I come across a diplomat who is willing to be frank, no matter how obvious the lie is."

He fell behind me before I can even register what happened. Shit, this guy is WAY out of my league! "Um..." Shikamaru was not sure on how to respond, still unnerved at the Sound leader's stealth.

Orochimaru smiled at the young man, the Leaf nin had to repress a shudder at the strange look in the Sanin's yellow eyes. "Kukuku, I'll be generous then, and allow you to ask me that question which must have been plaguing you and your colleagues for years."

"Q-question?" Shikamaru asked uncertainly.

"You must have been thinking about it yourself on the long road to meet me." Orochimaru tapped a finger to his chin. "Were you not in the same class as dear Sasuke-kun?"

Shikamaru realized what Orochimaru was getting at. It was a very dangerous question to voice. "I-I don't know what you mean."

"Don't play stupid with me Nara, it's a very dangerous thing to do."

Shikamaru struggled with an answer. He was verbally cornered by the Sound leader, and realized at that moment that the repercussions to his reply might well be his last words. He felt lines of cold sweat drip down the small of his back, and the smell of decay seemed to overwhelm his senses.

"Sasuke...why did he-?" Shikamaru swallowed his last words, terror crept into him at the sudden predatory gleam in Orochimaru's eyes.

"Why did he join me you ask?" Orochimaru took a step towards Shikamaru, who took a step back. "I simply gave him what he wanted. I am a generous man, I take care of all who serve me. He desired power. I gave it to him. But power is not the only thing that keeps him rooted by my side." Orochimaru then smiled. The smile seemed to leech into his eyes like poison.

Shikamaru bumped into the table behind him, he turned his head to see what he had collided into, then suddenly found himself bent over backwards on the table with both hands pinned above his head. Shikamaru gasped at the sheer strength Orochimaru possessed and feebly struggled against the vicelike grip, but the most he could do was close his eyes tightly against what he realized was about to befall him. This is not happening! This is not happening...

Above, the pale Sanin regarded his prey with that same predatory gleam in his eyes. "I will show you why Sasuke would choose to remain with me." Orochimaru lifted a long finger to caress the Leaf nin's cheek, his voice dropped to a deep hiss as his lips moved closer to Shikamaru's mouth. "You are indeed privileged Nara Shikamaru-/kun/."

Shikamaru's eyes snapped open at the context Orochimaru had slipped into his name. In doing so, he found himself staring back into those eerie yellow eyes. The black slitted pupils dilated and extended hypnotically, and Shikamaru felt his willpower begin to slip. In those eyes, he felt his mind submerge itself into the warm waters of submission. He barely noticed Orochimaru's other hand work its way downwards.

Orochimaru's long sharp nails tore through shirt fabric as easily as slicing through water. The fishnet undershirt exposed, the Sound nin bent down to lick his way over the mesh shirt, leaving long sticky trails of saliva to soak down the clammy skin underneath. Shikamaru shuddered and squirmed at the awful sensation of Orochimaru's long tongue exploring his body. He visibly flinched when that same hand began to work on unbuckling his pants, but found himself unable to fight the sensation of a cool body contacting with his own.

W-what is this feeling? Shikamaru's thoughts began to run together in a blur, and he no longer felt the sting of his predicament. His muscles now completely slackened, his body began to rock with the ministrations he was receiving. The yellow eyes continued to bore into him, enticing him to relinquish the last of his control. With a sigh, the Leaf nin closed his eyes and went completely limp.

Orochimaru released his hold on the young man's wrists, trailing his newly freed hand behind Shikamaru's head to deftly slice through the hair tie for the brunette hair to spill out all over the table. "Mm, much better." Orochimaru ran his fingers through the long dark locks, savoring the softness and damp sweat mixed in it.

Shikamaru no longer felt fear. Instead, he felt a void in himself that begged to be filled. He was like a newborn babe, completely vulnerable and exposed, and completely dependent on some other being. Shikamaru shivered at the sensation of feeling totally exposed, and was not fully aware of his sudden nudity, and the chill of the room was partially responsible for his discomfort.

Orochimaru smiled down at his toy. His long black hair brushed against the Leaf nin's bare chest as he leaned down to bite down softly at the crook of the young man's neck.

Shikamaru moaned, his mind remained clouded, but his body ached with the need to fill that void inside of him. His moans turned to sharp gasps when he felt firm fingers wrap around his hardening cock. His body arched to the movements his master conducted, agonizingly slow, then fast enough to take his breath away. He wanted to be closer, to fill in that void that felt as wide as a canyon. Fast faster/...closer.../closer! Shikamaru shuddered when he came, his sticky semen spilling all over the pale hand that held him.

Orochimaru chuckled softly to himself, and licked the white liquid from his hand with gusto. He contemplated the young man below, his eyes glinting with amusement when Shikamaru shuddered at the absence of his touch, and weakly reached out with a trembling hand. "Kukuku, you're begging for more?" A wicked smile hovered behind the question, Orochimaru did not wait for an answer. Grabbing the wrist of that hand, Orochimaru lifted Shikamaru's smaller frame upright onto the table. The Leaf nin could barely keep his balance in a sitting position. Holding the young man steady, Orochimaru leaned close to whisper into his ear. "Wrap yourself around me."

Obediently, Shikamaru slid his arms around Orochimaru's neck, and his legs around his pale torso. Orochimaru smirked and made his approval known by nibbling Shikamaru's neck a bit more. With one hand supporting the young man, he ran his free hand down Shikamaru's exposed back, leaving faint scratches on its way down to finger his entrance.

A small whimper escaped Shikamaru when two fingers shoved their way inside him, stretching and pushing in and out. "Hush." Orochimaru murmured, his voice deceptively soft. Once he deemed the Leaf nin ready, he used his own sticky saliva to prepare his cock for entrance, and positioned himself under the young man.

Shikamaru inhaled sharply when he felt the head of Orochimaru's cock press against his entrance, he tightened his hold around the Sound leader to braced himself. With a single sharp movement that felt similar to a blow, Orochimaru thrust himself in. The Leaf nin cried out, not so much because of the pain then for the sudden feeling of the void being filled with his master inside him. With eyes squeezed shut he buried his face into Sanin's neck, griping the long black tresses as if it were his only lifeline. At that moment, Shikamaru would do anything for his master, he would even sacrifice everyone and everything he had if it meant remaining this close to Orochimaru.

The said Sanin made a dissatisfied growl, and fell to his knees--dropping Shikamaru to the soft earth in the process. Shikamaru cried out in protest at the sudden loss of contact, but was quickly silenced when Orochimaru loomed over him to roughly shove his cock back inside the young man. Shikamaru sobbed in time with each thrust. He tried reaching for his master, to bring himself closer to the one and only source of completeness he body yearned for. Orochimaru snarled at the efforts, and gripped his dark hair down to the scalp to keep Shikamaru at bay as he continued to ram into him without interference.

The Sanin gave out a low hiss when he climaxed, his seed overflowing inside the Leaf nin. Sated and satisfied, Orochimaru pulled himself out to leave the young man alone and gasping on the ground. Now no longer interested in the Leaf nin, the Sound leader turned to pick up his yukata, not a trace of sweat or fatigue marked his body as he pulled the dark fabric over his pale skin. Orochimaru's demeanor had reverted to what it was before he singed the treaty, his attitude held no traces of the atrocious rape he had just committed. "You've been a good messenger boy, though now I think it is time for you to return to Tsunade-chan."

That being said, the spell broke.

The aching void inside Shikamaru disappeared, and with it the fog that clouded his mind. The first thing that registered in Shikamaru's mind was that the cool earth below him was sticking to his sweaty flesh. Very slowly, he sat up. With a shaky hand he brushed loose hair from his eyes as he tried to piece together the events that just happened to him. What was I...oh gods! Shikamaru leaned to the side and retched. Orochimaru watched with amusement dancing in his eyes.

Feeling those yellow eyes on him, Shikamaru looked up from the ground to glare at the Sanin with a mixture of disgusted disbelief and loathing. Orochimaru returned the glare with a smirk. "Now be a good little Leaf and run home."

Tearing his eyes away from his rapist, Shikamaru gathered up his untorn clothes and quickly dressed. The Nara's hands shook with the effort of pulling the fabric onto his clammy skin, he could feel Orochimaru watching from behind his back. His mind swam with dizzying disbelief and horror of what had just befallen him. Once finished dressing, he made for the trapdoor to leave but felt a hand restraining his shoulder.

"One more thing, Shika-/kun/..." Orochimaru turned the Leaf nin around to gaze into his eyes. Fear, awe, and disgust reflected in those brown eyes. Orochimaru liked what he saw, and leaned over to tenderly kiss the young man's lips, "Be sure to come back with another treaty. Kukuku."

Shikamaru made a hasty retreat out the cellar, the laughter echoing in his ears and lower lip bloody from Orochimaru's kiss.

Kabuto waited outside the basement. He smirked upon noticing Shikamaru's disheveled clothes and bloody lip. "You're very lucky he took a liking to you. You would not be leaving here alive otherwise."

Shikamaru wiped the blood from his lip and walked passed the medical nin, refusing to make eye contact. Behind him, Kabuto chuckled softly at his efforts to appear stoic. The Leaf nin kept his eyes fixed on the open door leading to the wide forest beyond. Once he stepped outside, he bolted like a startled deer into the woods.

No Sound shinobi followed, Shikamaru would not have noticed or cared if they did. Not once did Shikamaru look back, he focused his entire energy on running as fast as his legs could carry him. He ran from that house, from that basement, from those memories, from the Sound leader himself. No matter how fast he ran, in his heart Shikamaru knew that he could never escape remembering the nightmare he had with the legendary Orochimaru.
Sign up to rate and review this story