Categories > TV > Firefly

Cross My Heart, Hope to Die

by Rambeltilx

A Simon/River piece, taking place soon after the end of Serenity. This was formatted from a RPG, so it may read a bit choppy in parts... will probably go back and edit it soon. INCEST! You have bee...

Category: Firefly - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: River, Simon - Warnings: [!!] [X] - Published: 2005-10-19 - Updated: 2005-10-20 - 3271 words - Complete

?Blocked
The door to Simon's room slid open. A moment after, the top of River's head appeared in the doorway, to her eyes. Blinking, she then revealed herself and entered the room, closing the door behind her. To the rest of the crew, she may have seemed fine. However, there was an air about River that Simon would definitely pick up upon. She was unsettled for some reason, if not nearly... sad. She walked up to him and sat on the bedside. The girl said nothing, and only gazed upon him, the look on her face unchanging for that moment.

Simon looked up from his book as the door slid open, and then put it down on his nightstand as he saw who it was, "Hello River-" As she walked in and sat on his bed, he blinked and placed his hands on her cheeks, "River, what's wrong?"
"You were with Kaylee." It was a statement.

Her voice held no particular emotion. However, after a moment, she drew her knees up onto the bed.

After a few more moments, she laid down on the bed next to him, staring straight ahead. Despite her lack of emotion, one of her hands came to rest upon his.

Simon frowned and leaned over her, checking her eyes, and then the color of her cheeks,

"Are you alright, River? You look fine, but..." He sat up and looked down at her.

"You were with her." she repeated, sitting up as well. River returned her hand to his. Her eyes fluttered and she looked away, smiling. She muttered something to herself, before bringing his hand back to her cheek. Her eyes shut, muttering something among the lines of "two by two..." followed by a softly and sweetly whispered mathematical equation.

Simon seemed worried at first, but then smiled and hugged her slightly as she murmured to herself, "Why aren't you in bed, River? It's late. And you sound tired."

"But I'm not." River replied, before hugging him back. She pulled back shortly after, smiling affectionately. "You took care of me. And then I took care of you too." Then, she placed a hand on his chest, over his heart. She leaned in again, close enough to feel his breath on her face. "Simon... I love you." She stated cheerfully, smiling.

Simon laughed slightly, keeping an arm around her shoulders. "I love you too, River. But what's this about?" he smiled, though his face still contained an air of confusion.

"... balance. Just trying..." she breathed and trailed off, while gently running a fingertip along his jawline. She shifted, so that she sat in his lap. The girl nuzzled his cheek.

He laughed again, softly this time, hugging her and kissing her cheek, "River..." he brought a hand up to smooth out a few strands of hair hanging in front of her face, and he smiled.

As Simon pushed away some of her hair, River leaned in, brushing her lips over his airily. Her fingertips danced over his jawline, reaching down to his pulse, and behind his ear, before back to his jaw -and then his chin. "Don't leave me..." her voice sounded heartbroken, though her face only expressed love.

Simon blinked and pulled back as her lips moved over his, but shook it off after a moment and placed his hand on her cheek. He smiled thoughtfully, caressing her cheek with his thumb as he tilted his head to the side slightly, "Never."

River smiled happily, admiringly, and even lovingly, before wrapping her other arm around Simon's neck. She curled up into him, casually playing with the hair just above the nape of his neck. "Simon..." she cooed, kissing his cheek as her eyes fluttered shut again.

"Yes, River?" he had to admit; he was amused by his sister's actions, and touched at the same time. He knew she cared about him, but she rarely expressed it with such affection, "Are you alright?"

"Keep me here... don't let them take me away..." Suddenly, her tone began tainted with worry. "They'll come -and grab me away... Simon, keep me here. Don't let leave, please." Her breathing became uneven as she pleaded, and her grip on him tightened. She looked into his eyes urgently, tearing.

"I-I won't! River, I promise." He reassured, cupping her cheeks in his hands and looking her in the eyes, "You just have to promise not to leave me." He smiled and kissed her forehead.

River nodded, sniffling.

"Cross my heart... hope to die." she whispered, before leaning in again. This time, her lips were on his, gently -lovingly, confirming her promise completely.

Simon smiled and kissed her briefly - nothing more than a peck, before gently taking her by the upper arms and leading her to stand with him,

"Now come on, River, you'd best be getting to bed..."

"No!" she cried, clinging to him. "Balancing... Don't let me leave!" she pleaded, crying again, while practically hanging onto him by the neck.

"River, what?" He sat back down, holding her waist gently, "What are you balancing?"

"Not me... You." River breathed, moving onto his lap and hugging him again. Her legs shifted, and she was straddling him. "You.... balance... love, Simon." she panted, still clinging onto him. She buried her head into his neck. "Don't break it... please.... Don't let me go."

Simon blinked in confusion, hugging her close, chin on her shoulder. "River, what are you talking about?" He pulled back and looked into her eyes.

"Love..." she looked down briefly, "... ship can't fly without love." River then looked straight into Simon's eyes, with a look that matched her pleading voice. "Help me fly." The girl moved just enough to make a point that she was straddling him. "Love me." And she leaned in again, close enough for their breath to mingle.

Simon blinked and placed a gentle hand on her cheek,

"River, I do love you." He caressed her cheek and smiled, "More than anything."

She leaned into his touch, returning the smile. She brought a hand up to the one on her cheek again, and interlaced her fingers with his.

"Good." River whispered, nodding, before slowly moving to kiss him. Unlike before, her tongue moved to gently meet with her brother's lips by gently lapping at them, slipping past them and finding the warmth of Simon's mouth. One of her hands remained on the back of his neck while the other wrapped around his side. Once again, she gently moved to point out their position, by ever so slightly pushing her hips forward.


Simon blinked, wide eyed, and pulled back, "River, what in the verse are you doing?" He placed his hands on her shoulders and pushed her back gently.

Of course, River didn't take this lightly, her body choosing to be delicate, and the push sent her jerking back as if stung. She looked shocked, choking on breath before letting out a sob. She pushed Simon back then, not nearly hard enough to hurt him. Instead she pushed herself off of his lap -she crashed against the wall behind her and crumpled to her knees. "They're going to take me away!" she cried, covering her head and grabbing at her hair. "Simon..." her voice broke on his name.

Simon hurriedly scrambled out of bed, sheets flying everywhere as he rushed over to his sister. "River, what's wrong?! Nobody's coming! Shhh.." He shushed her gently, enveloping her in his arms, rocking her gently, "Nobody's coming for you, River.."

At first, River tried to pull away from him, letting out a slight scream. However, she only found herself backed up against the wall, and she gasped for air as if drowning. "Help me!" she cried, looking up and scratching at the wall behind her. "Simon... Don't let them take me!" The girl wept, letting her head fall to the side as her arms stilled, and froze.

"River!" He demanded, though quietly and gently, taking his face into her hands and bringing her down so he could kiss her forehead. He then looked her in the eyes, "Everything is fine...no one is coming to get you."

River continued to breathe erratically, tears rolling down her cheeks. However, as he looked into her eyes, she slowly calmed.

Simon smiled as she calmed, hugging her close again, "It's alright, River. Let's get you to bed." Gently, he stood her up, wiping the tears from her cheeks with his thumbs.

Taking one last shaky breath, River stood and nodded. Then she walked a few feet and climbed into Simon's bed. No questions asked.

"Um...River." He went over to his bed and kneeled down next to it, "Your bed."

Suddenly, she gave him a look. "You're lying to me, then. You said you'd keep me. That you wouldn't let me go. And now you're kicking me out." River stated plainly, blinking up at her brother. She shook her head and buried her face into his pillow. "You smell good." she muttered into it, before nuzzling it.

Simon sighed and rolled his eyes, muttering about her playing with his words. He shrugged and slid into the bed as well, hugging River, "You're weird, you know that?"

"Look who's talking." she muttered, before leaning in and pecking him on the lips. "And I never played with your words. I was just recalling them. ... Simon, why do you keep lying to me?" Her last sentence held sadness, distain even. Her eyes did not meet his however.

"River, I'm not..." He looked into her eyes and frowned, "...lying. Why do you say I'm lying? Nobody has come to get you.."

River shook her head. "You're not keeping the balance. You love me -you say you do-, but you sleep with Kaylee." she stated. "Simon, please. I don't..." she bit back being upset gain as best as she could.

"The relationship between you and I is...different than the one I share with Kaylee, River. You know that. You're my sister...and I love you as my sister." He frowned with concern, smoothing back her hair.

"No..." she shook her head, turning around not to face him. Her breathing grew unsteady. River bit her lower lip in order to keep from sobbing again, and in the process, she ended up biting so hard she started to draw blood. Upon tasting it, she shuddered and gasped again, bringing a hand to her mouth and looking disgusted.

"What 'no'?" He wrapped his arms around her waist protectively, hugging her back against him, "Tell me what's wrong. What can I do to make it better?"

Upon his embrace, River shivered -forgetting her lip for a moment and leaning back against her brother. Her hands came to rest over his arms, one of them the slightest bit bloody from her lip. Her eyes fluttered, and she began to softly murmur again. "Don't let me go... Keep me here...."

Simon smiled and hugged her again, leaving his arms there, "If that will make you happy." He kissed her ear and lay his head down behind hers, smiling.

Simon... I want you to love me." River tried helplessly, before bringing a finger to her lip again to wipe off some of the blood before bringing it to his arm. It would be noticeable now, as something wet on her fingertips.

He blinked, looking down, noting the blood. Sighing he turned her around in his arms only to see her bleeding lip. "River..." He spoke softly, smearing the blood away with his thumb, "What happened?"

"I..." she sighed, tearing again. River curled into Simon again, sniffling. A string of choked mandarin left her lips, as well as something about being no better than a reaver. "I... I cut my lip... and it bled... and I could taste it and..." she couldn't go on.

He frowned and hugged her, "It's alright, River, just a little cut." He kissed her forehead and held her close, sighing heavily.

River sighed, still upset. "But..." she breathed, leaning in and pressing her bloodied lip to his mouth. After that moment, she brushed herself up against him, hands grabbing at his sides. "They'll get me, I don't want to leave, and you can taste it and I just want to be with you, and -please Simon..." River began again, voice growing less stable.

Simon blinked at this, confused. He was growing tired of questioning it, though, and finally decided that maybe he should just amuse River at the time. He gently closed his lips around her cut and pulled back after a few moments, "There...I tasted it"

She froze up, letting out a small sound, followed by a brief but breathy moan. River faltered, before throwing her arms around her brother's neck again kissing him deeply. The girl even moved her leg around his waist.

Simon blinked with wide eyes, frozen in place, hands around her waist remaining there. To his own disgust, he couldn't bring himself to pull back. After a few moments, though, he managed to whisper "What are you doing?" into her mouth.

Already panting into his mouth, River breathed "Why can't you love me?" in a heart wrenching voice that was somehow as gentle as a whisper. "I love you..." she managed, as if it was her dying breath.

"I do love you, River.." He whispered, still unable to pull away, "Why do you think I don't??" He was wide-eyed and still.

River tried kissing Simon again, her hands weaving into his hair and her body writhing against his.

"River..." He whispered against her lips, eyes sliding shut, hands moving to rest on her waist. He did not return the kiss, but he did not resist it either..

Her tongue probed his mouth pleadingly, River rocking her hips against her brother's steadily. Her back arched and soft moans left her throat. "Love... please... help me..." she breathed into his mouth.

Eyes still shut, Simon finally allowed himself to return the kiss...though gently, and no nearly as fervent as River seemed to be interested in. He hugged her waist slowly, silently kissing her.

Her pace suddenly fell into his, and River moved her mouth accordingly. Her arms held onto his neck tightly, and she delicately kissed him. Then, very slowly, she moved to open his shirt.

Finally, Simon was able to contain himself and pull back slightly. Dazed, he looked down at his opening shirt, and then up to his sister, "River...what..?"

Her mouth moved to the exposed skin, and traveled down to his collarbone and chest. River's hands moved his to grip her nightshirt and tug up on it. All of her movement was gentle, delicate, and even graceful.

Simon gasped and moaned slightly, disgusted with himself...and yet enjoying this far too much. He swallowed hard, looking down, unable to let himself help her with her night shirt. And yet he couldn't deny that all of this felt very good.

With little to no effort, with or without Simon's help, River was able to become undressed. Her fingertips began to explore Simon's chest then, along with her tongue and lips, her back arching again. After a moment, she stretched out on top of him, so that he was on his back and she was straddling him, quite nude, and very slowly writhing against him. Her eyes were shut, her mouth then busy exploring his neck and ear.

It was Simon's turn to bite his lip, though he did not bleed. He watched her move her lips all over his body, breathing heavily beginning to pant, finding his hands moving up to slide down her smooth back.

River's began to fall in gasps and moans, her hands falling to his pants. Very slowly, she slipped them down. "Simon..." she started shakily. He, whether he liked it or not, was aroused. And River, shivered on top of him -halfway between heavily aroused herself and... afraid. "Don't let me go." she begged him, brushing her body up against his.

Simon swallowed hard and looked down at his erection, and then up to River's eyes. "River, I..." He trailed off, unsure of what to say. He froze, staring into her eyes.

Whimpering loudly, she brushed herself up against his erection. Her eyes opened widely and she gasped. River looked up at Simon with pure longing, fingertips caressing the back of his neck as she lay on top of him, gasping.

Simon bit his lip again as he looked up at River, hesitantly finding his back arching, shivering as fingertips caressed the back of his neck.

Gasping for air, River's body moved against his. "Simon..." It was clear what she was trying to do, and that she was not sure how to do it. "Please, please, Simon. Please." she begged, eyes nearly rolling back into her head.

"Please...?" He looked at her questioningly through his panting, moving to prop himself up on his elbows, "River, do you really want this...?"

: "Yes!" River replied, voice strained with want. "I'm... all built up... nowhere to go... I'm going to fall down..." she began fretfully, clutching onto him.
"Keep me here. Don't leave me don't let me leave." she managed out, looking at him. "Help me, please..." she teared up, before moaning softly and leaning in to kiss him gently.

At this, Simon finally let himself go. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her forward to kiss her passionately, hands sliding over her smooth back longingly. He brushed himself between her legs, moaning with want.

And River only moaned in return, kissing him with even more passion than she had tried to before. She parted her legs to Simon, brushing her body up against his.

Simon panted and took a hold of her hips, finally sliding up into her. She was so warm and inviting...he moaned loudly, back arching, hands sliding up her back again.

River gasped again, twitching slightly, eyes wide. "Si- Simon!" she gasped, head falling limp into his neck as she pushed herself against him, eyes fluttering shut.

He moaned again, biting his lip, beginning to move up into her slowly, "R-River..." He panted heavily, head tilting back.

Crying out softly, River moved so that Simon could reach more deeply inside of her. Her hands retreated back into her hair, grabbing at it slightly. "Oh Simon..." she moaned, rocking her hips into his.

He panted, biting his lip, a few thought of how wrong this was flickering throughout his mind, only to be drowned in pleasure. He rocked up into her, back arching, hands on her hips.

River was.... beyond anything she had ever learned or could hope to learn. Everything had been stripped away until there was love, and that was all. As the girl reached orgasm, she teared up again. However, instead of crying out in pain, she began happily giggling, looking at her brother lovingly as they moved together in time with one another.

Simon orgasmed soon after, panting, releasing her waist as he relaxed back against the bed...he was unable to smile. He wouldn't let himself.

Afterward, she grinned, looking at Simon. However, when River saw his expression, hers melted away.
"Simon? -Simon, what's wrong?" she asked, voice faintly unsteady. "What did I do?" she teared up, happiness quickly slipping away.

Simon shook his head and hugged her close, stroking her hair, "Nothing, River. Go to sleep."

"I... I..." River began, lost. "I... I'm sorry." she softly cried, cuddling into him and closing her eyes. "I'm sorry." She sniffled painfully for a few moments.... until they died out and her breath fell calmly in sleep.

"No! River..." He frowned and held her close, "...sleep well..."
Sign up to rate and review this story