Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Nine Killing Curses

Endings and Beginings

by DrT

Deatheaters and more attack the Weasley-Delacour wedding, where Harry is laid out, hit by nine killing curses. The result is not a dead Harry, but a Harry whose magic has been purged of its imp...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Fred, George, Harry, Hermione, Luna - Warnings: [!!] [X] - Published: 2007-04-22 - Updated: 2007-04-22 - 2262 words

?Blocked
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters, ideas, and situations created by JK Rowling and owned by her and her publishers. I own the original elements & characters. No money is being made by me, and no trademark or copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter V

The story of Harry's destruction of 'the Dark Lord and his minions' did appear in the next day's Prophet, and was actually fairly accurate, if vague in spots. Snape was identified as a double-agent and the Malfoys as the sole known remaining fugitives.

Scrimgeour had decreed three days of mourning for 'all the victims of the massacre' (including the goblins), with that day being the first. Most of the funerals would be the next day.

Bredon and Hermione escorted Luna to her father's funeral the morning of the second day of mourning, and Remus and a rather shaky Tonks escorted Hermione to the Weasleys' funeral during the afternoon. There were few people at Mr. Lovegood's, but the Weasley funeral was vastly crowded, as the Minister was in attendance, as were many of the classmates of Bill, Charlie, Ron, and Ginny, and the various Quidditch players who had played with or against the Weasleys.

Fred and George were seated stoically in front, and only Hermione and Lee Jordan were allowed near them. "How's Harry?" George asked.

"Physically, he's fine," Hermione answered. "Mentally, well, he's still off-balance."

"I take it he's not here because it would distract everyone?" George continued.

"He'll be here," Hermione stated softly.

Fred stayed mute, but looked at Hermione with a question in his eye.

"Harry will be here," Hermione restated firmly. Fred nodded, satisfied.

Part of the funeral service, before the bodies were cremated (as they always were, to prevent them from being used for Dark purposes), was a time to present eulogies. As those who wanted to be speakers trickled down, Harry appeared between the biers holding Ron and Ginny.

This caused a stir, but by now everyone was in full mourning, and so decorum was preserved.

Harry stepped back, so that everyone's attention was drawn back to the bodies. "I am here not just to say farewell to one of my best friends and a young woman I cared for very much, but to say farewell to some of the finest people I have ever known, people who I consider the first family of wizarding Britain."

"Unless you value money above anything else, these people -- Arthur, Molly, Bill, Charlie, Ron, and Ginny -- had everything and were everything we could hope for in a wizarding family, or any human family for that matter. Arthur was hard-working, intelligent, kind, curious, and compassionate. Should I ever become a father, I will do my best to model myself on Arthur Weasley. Molly was in many ways the ultimate mother, even to a stray young wizard, trying to find the way onto Platform Nine and Three-quarters. Bill and Charlie made their marks at Hogwarts, and were the leading wizards of their generation in their fields. Both accepted me nearly as a foster-brother. Ron was my brother as much as he was my friend. We cared for each other as brothers, even if, every once in a while, we fought like brothers as well."

"Some of you are here for Percy, and you are probably upset I haven't mentioned him yet. I think Fred and George will agree that, well, to be frank, we all thought Percy had a stick up his arse."

"A big stick," George said through his tears.

"A big pointed stick," Fred agreed, speaking for the first time that day.

"For all the other Weasleys, family was first, even unofficially adopted family, like myself. For Percy, it seemed as if his job was first. They would say they died fighting for family and friends, as well as for Light Magic. Percy would say he died for the principle of good government, of law and order. Although it is more impersonal, that is also a noble cause." Harry saw Scrimgeour nod at that.

"Perhaps I'm doing Percy an injustice, not giving him enough credit. If so, I'm sorry we couldn't have been closer, Percy, that I couldn't have known you better, even if it was by your choice."

Harry looked at Ginny's corpse. "As for Ginny, I think most of you know we dated for most of the spring. We parted as really close friends, and we both hoped that once Voldemort was gone, we might try again."

Harry looked around. "Tomorrow, The Quibbler will have a statement of why I will be scarce. I think the Minister would agree that a wizard of my power would be too influential to keep society in balance if I were here all the time. I am not your clean-up man or enforcer, either." Harry gestured at the dead Weasleys. "There is no good reason why these good people, and so many others, should have died. The Ministry, and wizarding society, failed to stop Riddle before he became Voldemort. Don't become complaisant. Try and become more open and accepting. If you manage both, with luck, you may never need to see me again."

Harry suddenly glowered, and everyone, even Hermione and Remus, shuddered in true panic and even dread. "If anyone harms my remaining friends, what I will do to them will send terror through the wizarding world for generations."

Harry placed a hand on Ron's shoulder, and then turned and leaned over, kissing Ginny's forehead. And with that, Harry stood and disappeared.

++++++++++++

Bredon Wimsey appeared in The Quibbler's office, and he saw the small staff rushing about, putting together the final issue. "How is it going?" he asked.

"Well," Luna answered. "Did you have something for us?"

Harry handed her a brief description of his euology to the Weasleys, and threat, at the funeral. Luna nodded and handed it to the magical typesetter.

In thirty minutes, the issue was 'put to bed,' and the small magical printing press went to work in the cellar. Luna called the six part-time workers together. "Well, the last issue is in press. All that's left is to take them to the post office. I understand that you, as a group, have offered to buy the press and the mailing list?"

"That's right," one of the elderly wizards said.

Luna looked at Harry, who stepped forward. "As Luna's guardian, I have considered your offer. I've decided to refuse it." Everyone gasped. "If you don't use the name The Quibbler, however, I will sell you everything else for two-thirds of the price." Luna knew that the new owners would change the nature of the paper, and so did not want them to keep using the name.

++++++++++++

That night, as Hermione sat on the bed in her bathrobe, brushing her hair, she said to Harry, "I think I should visit my parents tomorrow."

Harry nodded. "All right. Will you be coming back?"

Hermione stood, and allowed the bathrobe to pool on the floor. Even though Harry had seen her nude before, standing there as she was, his heart started to race. Harry now stood about five foot nine, Luna about five foot eight. Hermione was five foot three, 33C-21-33, long of leg for her height, slim of hand and foot. Her hair was a huge, wild bush of light brown, with auburn and even blonde streaks from the summer sun. Harry, looking deeply into her light brown eyes, saw some light green flecks, although not nearly enough to call her eyes hazel.

Hermione took three steps back, forcing Harry to gaze at her body. Her breasts were full, taut, and perky, her nipples medium-sized, fully hard, and brown. Harry noticed that at some point in the last two days, she (or Luna) had shaved off her public hair.

Harry's eyes went back to Hermione's slightly fearful face, as she slightly chewed on her full lips. "I was in love with Ron, Harry. I loved you, too, although you needed me more as a friend. I need you in my life; I need your love."

"I've always loved you, and to be honest, lusted after you. . . ."

"Did you take yourself in hand, thinking of me?" Hermione asked.

Harry shook his head. "I never did that, remember? Still, you were the only one I thought of in my first three years, and I've never stopped," Harry admitted.

Hermione came close and unzipped Harry's trousers. "What did you fantasize about when you were eleven or twelve?"

Harry swallowed nervously. "I never thought about it until near the end of First year. We would be alone in the Common Room, studying on a sofa. I would fall asleep, and you would. . . . Yes, just that," Harry said as she pushed Harry's trousers and boxers on the floor, pushed him to sit on the bed, sat beside him and took him in hand.

"That's all I knew," Harry said. "Later, we might be in the library, but. . . ."

"When did you dream of my taking you inside me?"

"I didn't know anything about female body parts until Fourth year, believe it or not, when Dean brought some Muggle magazines to school. I dreamt of your holding me, because until I started that crush on Cho, I couldn't imagine anyone other than you who would want to hold me, never mind kiss me, or touch me like you are." Harry moaned.

Hermione pushed Harry to lay back on the bed, and she kept stroking him off, but took him in her mouth as well.

Harry quickly spurted into her mouth, and Hermione swallowed it. At that point, Luna came in, fresh from her shower. She kissed Harry, and then Hermione deeply. She licked Harry clean, and then the three teens went to sleep.

++++++++++++

Hermione found Harry sitting in his chair early the next morning. She came and knelt nude by the side of the chair, laying her head on his right forearm, and taking his right hand in hers.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"Why last night, or why now?" Hermione asked.

"Either, or both," he managed to answer.

"I told you, I've loved you, but never thought you were interested. I might have a mundane aura, but I knew from the time I hugged you just before you confronted Voldemort in our First year that my life was and is forever bound up in yours. I would prefer that we be bound together, and yes, I can include Luna in that, if she is as interested as I believe she would be. I could have shared myself with you and Ron, for that matter, if I thought he would have gone along with it."

Harry stroked Hermione's hair, wishing she was facing him instead of facing away. "I'm as straight as straight can be, but I would have physically loved Ron, if it meant we'd be with you."

Harry could feel Hermione smile. She moved her head slightly and kissed the skin just above Harry's wrist. Then she stood, turned, leaned over, and they kissed. "Since you have that portkey license, I think I'll join Luna every weekday, while my parents are at work."

"No vacation this year?"

Hermione shook her head, which made her bosom sway nicely. "No." She leaned back and kissed the corner of Harry's mouth, bent and picked up her robe, and walked out of the room.

She passed an equally nude Luna on the way in, and the pair smiled at each, clasped their left hands briefly, and then went on their ways.

"You two are going to drive me wild," Harry said.

"We hope to," Luna answered. "We may be with you a long time."

"Do wizards mate for life?" Harry asked.

"Only by choice, not by magic," Luna admitted, now a bit worried.

"Luna, all three of us are damaged," Harry answered seriously. "Hermione perhaps the least, myself the most. This next month, and with a bit of luck for the next year, the three of us can heal ourselves."

"And then?"

"Who knows?" Harry asked. "I might be lucky, and one of you will stay with me as a love, even a bondmate, instead of a friend. Maybe all three of us will stay together." He grinned. "Maybe you and Hermione will become a couple."

"If so, I expect we will have you sire our children. . . ."

"What is it?" Harry asked, concerned as her attention wandered.

"I am something of a seer, Harry," Luna answered from a distance. "I see us, the three of us, in the big manor out on the road out of Hogsmeade. Us and our children . . . I have five, Hermione three. . . ."

"Trelawney claimed I would have twelve," Harry said, a bit uncomfortable that the old fakir could have come that close.

Luna merely nodded. "As werewolves are not allowed near their children, you claim Tonks and Remus' four children." Luna smiled. "You're called the 'luckiest bastard in town' at the Hog's Head."

"I've been called worse," Harry said, shocked.

"True," Luna agreed. "That was not a certain future, Harry, but it is one we can reach, if you allow it, and we wish it. I think we will want it." She smiled and knelt before Harry and looked up at him. "I wish to be with the luckiest man in Hogsmeade, the luckiest, nicest, sexiest, wizard alive. Not because you are rich. Not because you are powerful. But because you're just Harry."

"'Just Harry'. . . ." Harry said, wistfully.

"Just Harry, to me, to Hermione, to Remus, to Tonks," Luna agreed. "Just Harry, not the Boy-Who-Lived, or the Boy-Who-Triumphed. Just you, not your scar."


Sign up to rate and review this story