Categories > Original > Drama

living her storys and writing her life

by simplewriter007

This is sort of a chick flick in writing, just something i cooked up, that im not nearly done with, i hope to make it a whole book. tell meif it seems alittle "shallow".

Category: Drama - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-22 - Updated: 2007-07-22 - 2941 words

?Blocked
Its just about 9:00 p.m, and the sun has gone down and turned the tranquil sky into something of a wicked story. I have been sitting on this lumpy couch for a while now, with the Jonas Brother's "Hold on" blasting on the big screen, trying to think up something brilliant to write, to "capture my readers minds" or "Keep you reading on". Obviosly, I was stumped. Can you blame me? I mean, considering the circumstances im in... Hannah Montana playing on the big screen right next to me, my father sitting next to me, practicaly breathing down my back! It pretty hard work being an upcoming author, especiall at my age. Yes, its true, I'm a 14 year old girl, living her storys and writing her life.

it all started one hour ago, while I was riding shot gun in my dads old expedition,looking at my self in the rearview mirror, my dead striahgt,shoulder length hair blowing from the air conditioner, wich was also making my sky blue eyes water, kind of like rain. My feet were extended, so that my american-eagle flipflops almost touched the glass. All of a sudden happiness was filling me up, making me un-able to resist the urge of smiling like a fool. I couldn't grasp it, I mean why was i all of a sudden smitten? Maybe it was because it was the one, and only time my family had gone out and had a fantastic time. Could be, all I know is that the happiness was over-whelming and i had to get it all out on paper. Thats when the light bulb switch turned on, i decided to right a story, well not a story per-say but more of a life. A life that noone else could live, because i had already hit jackpot. So here it is, you can read it, and can learn from it, or you can hate it. Whatever is you do with this story, its mine and thats the thing aobut storys, they can never duplicated.



The door to my mother's fancy, new car barely slammed as hard as i wanted it to. I had just come back from cheerleading practice and i was aching and not to mention sweaty all over. All i wanted in the whole world, at that moment was a cold shower, a full tummy, and a bed to collapse in. But, with my luck i got an annoying sister who called first-dibs on the shower, and a tummy filled with leftovers,due to the fact that my mother and father had been to busy to buy grocerys. Fortunatley I did get a nice bed to sleep in. I loved being in my room. It suited me just fine. Light-Lime Green walls, white furniture, purple/blue/green bedding and accessories, pictures everywhere, my breath-stealing poster of Orlando Bloom hanging perfectly above my nightstand, so that the minute I woke up and put on my glasses I could steal a glance, and ofcourse my laptop, were i typed up anything and everything about my life. So, I trotted up the swirly stairs as fast as my acheing body would let me. I opened the door to my oasis, stripped my deoderant reaking cheerleading uniform off and threw on my most comfortable, cleavege-appropiate pair of pajamas. I would take a shower in the morning, then hopefully find something worth swallowing for breakfast. And, after I was done organizing all of those thoughts into my brain, I layed me head down on my favorite fluffed-just-right pillow, and fell into a deep, deep, sleep.
"Morning already?" I thought to myself as I opened my gross, morning-crust-filled eyes. The sun was shineing right through the white, cotton curtains, that covered up the luxurious arch-style window that was perched to the left of my bed. I could hear the birds chirping, the nieghbors dog barking furociosly at whatever cat was crossing his path this time, and most of all the noise of my sisters radio blasting with her favorite tunes, wich happened to be my least. I pushed my self out of bed, threw my hair up in a messy bun and got ready for my morning routine. My morning routine is very important, you see it sets my whole day in to a rythem. I walked in to my bathroom, squinting from the un-barrable light and turned on my steam shower, so that the arrow pointed rigth at the perfect tempurature. I ran down stairs to the laundry room to get two towels, one for my hair, and the other for my body.
"Danielle! Come here right now!" jeeze the lady never gave me a break, "What Mom?" "Come here!" I walked in to the kitchen, giving a logical guess to were she was. And, ofcourse there she was, sitting in her rollie-chair in front of her laptop, in the kitchen. "Have you seen this phone bill?" "That depends, should I have?" I said, trying my hardest to win her over with my wits, but i knew it wouldnt work. So, I had cost them a couple hundred dollars, thats what they get for giving me a phone in fourth grade, and buying the cheapest family plan, therefor alowing my Dad a free phone, and not allowing me and my sister texting. "Well, I hope you haven't, because then i wont have to listen to some sappy excuse on why you cost me $300.00 in texting, that you dont have!"
"Look Mom," I said, starring into her cold, blue eyes, "I know you don't want me using my phone like that, but Jake wanted to talk and - " Oh great, I siad it, I said Jake ... Jake's my boyfriend, and we have been dating for a while now, but my parents were getting sick of me wasting there money and my time on him. "Danielle Allyssa Worthen, I have had It with you and this Jake boy. Until you can pay me back three hundred dollars, you are not to use your phone, or see that boy!" All of a sudden my head started spinning, and i couldn't fight back the water dripping from my eyes, then i rememberd the shower upstairs and my perfect day that was supposed to happen, and i couldnt quit thinking how i wanted to just punch that women, with her short dirt-blonde bob and her hard eyes, I couldn't belive what was happening. I turned around right then and there, and ran up those stupid spiral stairs, that made my head spin even more. As soon as i got in to my room, I went and turned the shower off, closed those stupid curtains and crawled under my cotton sheets that used to feel so warm.
I woke up to my fathers comforting, chocolate brown eyes, that seemed to be inviting, in a weird way, starring down at me. He was looking miserable him-self, like he was trying to figure out something to say, that would make everything better. He snapped out of his daze,and looking alittle shocked, asked me if i was okay. I could always count on him to come to my rescue. Not at all, I told him. "Well, theres not really much i can do about it, you know your mother can be stubborn." I felt like I had just smiled for the first time, in along time. I told him i knew, but i was really sorry and i didn't know how I wasn't going to talk to jake or pay back 300.00$. "Look hunny, I don't think you realise the value of a dollar, so i have a deal for you, and i think i can get your mother too agree." Okay, so maybe i was alittle spoiled... and stubborn. "Okay, thanks Dad." Then, I gave him a huge hug and layed back down. But, as he walked out of the room i realised "Wait, Dad... what exactly is the 'plan' ?" i asked with an expecting look on my face, " Well, lets just say all you will be needing for a couple weeks is an apron, a hair net, and gloves." "Dad...no..." "Oh yes, starting tomorrow morning, you will be working at Buns-n-Burger's, an 8-hour shift, 3.25 an hour for 13 days." I had absolutley nothing to say to that, my reaction was just to layback down and moaned until my Dad told me to settle down and practice my best " Welcome to Buns-N-Burgers, where in-between every bun is a perfect burger!" he announced it to me, with a cheesy smiley on the side. You see, the reason im working at the most popular, yet disgusting bruger joint in all of boston, was because my Dad owned it. Yes, this would be the reason for upcoming popularity. But, i could never be seen actually working there, that would e a dsigrace to the whole world of popularity. I dont wkr for people, they work for me. Its actually very simple math, and you'd think my parents would understand, growing up in such an upper-class society, but apparently they were oblivious.
"Danielle... Danielle wake up.." I woke up to a double-faced, blurred version of what looked like my mother. "Oh good, your awake... its 7:00." Oh yeah, i thought to myself, work. I had to work today, at 7:30. In my whole life i had never woken up earlier then 9:00, for anything. I had always been the sleep-in-late, eat breakfast at 12, kinda girl. And it looked like that was all about to change. "Danielle? Don't you think you should get up...you only have 25 more minutes to get ready..." "What? how could that happen my alarm clock is set too...oh great i forgot to set it last night after I..." As soon as those words left my lips i felt like I was reliving all of those things all over again. I remebered everything that happened yesterday, and when i looked back up into my confused mothers eyes, I remembered what she had done. All of the aganoy she had put me throuhg, with out a singe regret. And, now she was talking to me, like everything was okay? I looked at her with my worst "how ould you do this to me" look. and pondered on how she culd think it was okay to ruin my life, then go and think she aloud to just walk back into it like it was free? Well, she had it all wrong. She was going to pay, and it was a big price to win back Danielle Allysa Worthen's heart. "Excuse me, did someone say something... Oh hello mom, i would love to chat, but I have much better thing to do then waste my breathe." Okay, so maybe it was alittle harsh, and i would most definently recieve a huge punishment, but i suppose it was worth it...maybe.
"Im sorry sweetie, i'll just go downstaris then." What did she say? I coudlnt belive it, the women was acting like i hadn't just ignored her and treated her like crap? She was trying to beat me at my own game. Well we would see about that, but right now i better get busy, I have 15 mintes to get ready for work and I asn't go to waste one more minute!
I was in the middle of putting on eyeliner, when someone walks into my bathroom and startles me into drawing a harsh line of deep black eyeliner across my face! 'Oh my god, Justin!" Yes, that was my brother, my annoying, life-ruining brother. Now I had to wash my face, and start all over again.
Finally, I was downstairs ready to go. It was already 7:45, but whats 15 minutes gonna hurt? Atleast I looked good, right? I mean, who didn't look good in juicy courture sweats, and a calvin klein, spaghetti-strapped tank? My makeup was perfect, I had the most wanted cothe is boston on my body, and my bust-length,chocolate brown hair was flawless. All I needed now was my purse that I carried all of my neccities in life in. For me, I didn't hobbies, or other pointless-time asting things to do, I was always occupied do things like, making my self look aboslutley amazing, talking on the phone, being with Jake, or shopping.And, thats how i liked it, who needs reading? or jobs? or sports? Ugh, just the thought of it made me wince. All i needed was a credit card and I was set. So i grabbed my keys, walked outisde into what I anticipated to be hot, humid, grosse air and open the door to my cute, new yellow convertible. I turned on the radio and tried to focus on whatever they were arguing about now, but I couldn't keep my mind from thinking about how beautiful the weather was, the air was perfect, and the sky, oh the sky, it looked like someone had painted it on there, with perfect even strokes of pinks, oranges, and blues! I guess I had never been outside, or even awake at this time of the day. I had never even thought about the weather, or called anything other then what I see at the mall 'beautiful".
But, it was and I couldnt escape it. I turned off the radio and I found something that I absolutley loved, silence. It was like getting one of those 100$ massages, but better! So, I sat there, with the sunshine hitthing my face, a cool breeze tosseling my hair, and i did something that i hadnt done in a long time : i realaxed, adn let all of the bad-stuff float away, leaving me in a perfect moment.

"Welcome to Buns-N-Burgers...yeah.. we have good burgers..." okay, so it wasn't exactly what i was supposed to be saying, but its not like we were running a gourmet resturaunt, just a place to buy burgers and higher your cholesteral. "Uh, One mega burger combo- scratch the oinion, extra pickels, and oh yeah a medium coke." "Coming right up." I said with my best "I hate being here, but i dont have a choice" tone. The whole i was speaking to him, my head was down, and i was filling my nails, but something about his voice made me jerk my head up. "Jake!" "oh my gosh it feels so great to see you, i've miss-" "Oh hey...yeah, hows it goin?" "Um..good, yeah its good, but listen i have the mos-" "Actually, iam kinda busy right now, can we catch up later?" "I guess, but this is really important.." "Great, give me a call on my ccell later, by babe!" "Bye..?" And with that i handed him, his grousome meal and watched him walk out the door. I didnt get, why was he in such a hurry, and what happened to the boy i called sweet, and sensitive? I didnt even get a chance to tell him that i cant see him for a couple of weeks.
The ride home isnt as glamouris as the ride to work. The heat and humidty was like a bubble around my body, and the traffic was never-ending. But, by the time i got home, i didnt wait a second to call Jake.
The phone seemed like it would never stop ringing, but finally i got an answer. "Hello?" "Hey, Jakey its me!" "Oh-hey.." "What wrong? you sound dissapointed." "Oh, um nothing, i was just expecting a different call, thats all." "Oh- well sorry to burst-your bubble..but, i have terrib-" "Can you hold on a sec. i ahve someone on the other line, thanks babe!" I didnt even have time to respond, before the other line was dead silent. I was waiting for a very long time when he finally came back, but not with the greatest news. "UH-look im sorry but i have to go, i have somewhere to be." "WAIT! Jake I need to tell you something, and im not letting you interupt me one more time. This is really hard for me, but I-" "Wait, dont say it, because i already know what your gonna' say, and i agree. Maybe we just werent made for each other, well see yah round, and it was nice while it lasted. I love you, byee.." and his voice trailed off along with my enthusiasm. I had nothing left to say. My eyes starting getting puffy, and my mouth couldnt seem to get anything out. My knees were shaking, and i started to get dizzy. I, to my surpirse, ran up those stupid stairs, again, slammed the door to my room, and laid down in my bed, with feelings that were becoming all too familiar.
I woke up early the next morning, with bags the size of alaska, and the worst headache. And all morning i couldnt stop thinking aoub t Jake, and is gorgeous green eyes, and tosseld chesnut brown hair, that he would always push back with his fingers. It was just messy enough to be adorable, but not to messy that it made him look like a slob. And he would always were shirts that were some-what tight, but not too tight. Wich made me remember, i still had his sweatshirt that he let me borrow on our second date, in my closet. I loved the way he smelt of abercrombie, and axe. It was so inviting, and even better when he would cuddle up with me and wrap me in his arms, and i could just relax, because everything was perfect - okay Danielle snapp out of it. I told myself. I just had to get over Jake, and realise that it was over between us.
Sign up to rate and review this story