Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Blood Stained Lilies

by Akiru_chan

[SasuNaru][Vamp Fic] To Naruto Vampires were only Hollywood movie monsters. The last thing he ever expected was to wake up as one, let alone be thrown into a society and lifestyle that was so forei...

Category: Naruto - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Naruto,Sasuke - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2007-09-23 - Updated: 2007-09-24 - 3961 words

?Blocked
A/N - Well I am a bad girl. Instead of finishing my other fics. I decided to start a new one. XD

But don’t worry ‘Deception’ and ‘Falling From Grace’ are next and then me and Kalio are almost finished with both of our collab fics so ‘Smudging Ink’ and ‘Ups and Downs’ will be up soon.

And now onto some notes about this fic.

This is a Vamp fic, and my first Vamp fic. YAY. Also this is SasuNaru, so expect to see some yaoi... ok not some but lots.

It is rather dark... kinda... and I am still debating over a happy ending or a tragic ending...

My updating will depend on the amount of reviews I get... yes I am greedy but hey it boosts my ego. XD

Well without further ado I present my next fic.

Blood Stained Lilies

Prologue: Time“Love vanquishes time. To lovers, a moment can be eternity, eternity can be the tick of a clock.”-Mary Parrish-

Life, as I have come to know it, is filled with lies, torment, betrayal, deception, and sorrow, Yet with in it’s dark depths I have taste the happiness and light of love and friendship. //I lost it though, my light, causing me to blindly search for it as the times flew by all in one massive blur.

Life after life I looked, not even death itself stood in my way.

Death, I once feared it like most mortals do, but looking back I now find the idea rather humorous. Back then it was a real threat, something a had come to expect since life could not last forever.

Now though, after that ‘night’, death has come to mean nothing. It is only the end of the bodies cycle, the mind though lives on waiting to be reborn again and again.

That is the fate of those cursed with blood such as mine, blood that should have never of entered my veins.

It was the cause of so much. It was the end of my life as I had known it, it was the beginning of so much more, but most importantly ut was the start of a bond that would transcend time itself.

But for you all to understand all of this I should start at the beginning, one that night when my life was thrown out of control.

The night that I was Bitten.

--

The moon cast lonely shadows onto the cream colored walls of the modestly sized bedroom. Their twisting frames played with each other as the tree outside gave them life in the strong breeze that blew outside.

It promised an autumn rain that was sure to come in the coming hours, yet there was a great storm brewing within the room itself.

From with in the torrent of shadows one moved freely, its life not dictated by the tree nor the wind.

It was a living and breathing creature, who befriended the darkness and lingered in the solitude that only night offered. And here it stood in this bedroom, its reasons for being here not the least bit innocent.

Its eyes, a deep crimson, took in the only other living thing in the room. A small boy, no older than 17, slept on a soft feather bed under a navy blue comforter.

His golden locks blew in the draft created by the air conditioner. A handsomely tanned face with scar like marks on his soft cheeks could be seen cuddled into the pillow. His expression was calm and content, completely unaware of the danger he was in.

The invader smirk at the sight in front of him and finally removed himself from the shadows and into the light of the moon.

He was a man with raven black hair and cold dark eyes.

This man had an air of superiority to him that would cause any man to cower in his presence, in short he was one to be feared and respected.

The boy on the bed twisted in his sheets as he got in a more comfortable position, exposing his tanned neck to the dark man.

Cruel smirk spread across spread across that pale face. He was now beside the bed looking at the blond with interest. Giving a low tremble of a chuckle and leaned forward.

At the sound of the harsh laugh the small opened a drowsy eye and looked into two crimson orbs that mirrored bloodlust at its best.

In the dream like state his brain still slept in he did not feel an ounce of panic. Even as he felt his neck being pierced and the steady flow of blood, he still stayed calm until his body became numb and he fell back into a dreamless sleep.

“Naruto! Its already 8 o’clock, if you don’t get up now you’re going to be late.” Silence followed the out burst. “Naruto Uzumaki, get up NOW!”

The said blond turned in his bed grumbling. It should be a federal offense to make the future tax payers of this country to get up so freakin’ early to attend the hell called school.

“I’m up, mom!” Naruto yelled back, massaging his head. It felt as if he had been hit by an eighteen wheeler. His whole body ached in all the wrong places and his head throbbed.

“Shit, what did I do last night.”

“Naruto, mouth.” His mother said in a warning tone from the door. “Hurry up and get dressed and I will drive you to school.”

His mother was a pretty lady with a slender frame and long dirty blond hair. She worked in real-estate and was often away from home.

Naruto didn’t mind much, she had always been there when he needed her to, and when it was time to go to church.

He loved his mom, but sometimes he wish she was a little less religious as she was. Her life was ruled by the bible so in turn Naruto was expected to follow its teachings.

Now Naruto believed in God and was a good church goer but he could not say he agreed with all of the teachings.

His mother denounced homosexuality and anything that dealt with witchcraft, the occult,or demons. To say the least Halloween was a forbidden holiday and god forbid he read Harry Potter and see movies such as the Exorcist.

All in all though he loved his mom and ever since his dad’s death some year ago, she was the only one he had.

Naruto smiled to his mother and nodded. “Sure I will be down in a bit.”

He watched her leave the room before he got up and headed to his bathroom across the hall. He would just do his hair and brush his teeth, there was no time for a shower.

The mirror in front of him displayed his image. He looked rather pale, which didn’t concern him much considering how he felt, Although another oddity did.

Moving closer to the mirror he exposed his swollen neck. It was slightly red and welted around what seemed like two puncture marks.

“What the...” Wound baffled him, they were rather big for a insect and he really did not want to think how big the spider had to be to leave bits like these.

Deciding it was better not to think about it at the moment, he hurriedly brushed his teeth and fixed what he could of his unruly hair.

When he was done and finally dressed he rushed downstair to see his mother setting a plate down on the table.

“Hurry up dear, you don’t have much time.”

Naruto did not need to be told twice. He was starving and the egg sandwich was looking awfully appealing.

Sitting down he lifted the food to his mouth and dug in. It tasted wonderful, yet it did nothing to quell the hunger that hung there.

Even after he had consumed the whole thing along with a glass of orange juice and a pop-tart he was still hungry.

It made no sense to him, maybe he was really getting sick.

“Naruto, how much are you going to eat? Come on, I am leaving.”

Naruto looked grudgingly at the food as if it was at fault before grabbing his bag and following his mother out the door.

Lunch was not much better, by this time food just seemed to loose all taste. It was weird really.He was no longer hungry for food, but the hunger was still there and stronger than ever.

“Gah, I can’t take this anymore.” Naruto whined in defeat.

“What’s buggin’ you out?” A brunette asked.

“Kiba, I’m going to die.” The boy known as Kiba gave his friend a confused smile before putting his hamburger down.

“What do you mean by that.” He asked.

“I have been hungry all day.”

“So, eat something.” He passed the blond a fry.

“That just it, I have been eating. Except nothing helps, it just seems like the more I eat the hungrier I get.”

“Well that is a problem.”

Naruto just shook his head and went to get up. “I am going to go get a coke.”

Kiba studied his friend for a moment. He looked rather pale and he was sure that the way he was swaying when he stood was not a good thing.

“You sure you are going to be ok?”

“Of course, I just need to get a . . .” His sentence trailed off as the room started to spin and then everything went black.

Kiba jumped up to catch the falling blond. “Shit!” That was all he could think of, except for the need to get his friend to the hospital.

One would think taking him to the nurse would be the best thing, but Kiba knew better. The school had been low on money for the past few years and had decided to have a parent volunteer to take care of the sick students.

Too bad they were all a bunch of air heads. So making up his mind Kiba hoisted his friend into his arms and headed out to the student parking and to where is car parked.

No one said much as they left no caring in the slightest what was wrong with the blond, but that seemed to be a good thing since it allowed him to get out of the school without a hitch.

Strapping Naruto into the passenger seat Kiba shut the door and got in on his side and started up the car.

It took him no time to take off in the direction of the hospital. It was only a few blocks away so he would be there soon. Kiba only hoped that everything would turn out ok.

Mrs. Uzumaki stared at the white washed walls of the emergency room. She had gotten a call from Naruto’s friend and had rushed over here as soon as possible.She now sat next to Kiba who refused to leave until he found out everything was ok. So far the doctors knew nothing. All they could make of the situation was that Naruto had slipped into a coma like state for an unknown reason.

In the end they decided to take some blood samples and wait to see if anything could be explained from that.

Kiba sighed as he looked over at the worried woman. “You think everything will be ok?”

She turned to the messy haired boy and gave a weak smile. “I am sure, God is with him.”

He only nodded, unsure if that would be enough, after all God had more than just Naruto to look after.

“Mrs. Uzumaki.” Both jumped from their seats as a doctor came towards them.

“How is he?”

“Is he going to die?”

“Oh, please not that!”

They ran their mouths in worry and anxiety, but were quickly silenced by the doctor.

“Naruto will be fine. The blood test showed a rare mutation in his blood. We don’t know much about it but we can assure you that he is in no danger.”

Mrs. Uzumaki let relief wash over her and Kiba soon followed suit.

“All we can do at this point is refer you to a specialist that deals with this condition. We called him and he will be expecting you immediately. Also you can either choose to transport him there yourself or we can go by ambulance.”

She took in all that the doctor said. “Is he awake?”

“No, not yet.”

She nodded. “I will take him.”

The doctor smiled and lead her off to the room where Naruto was staying.

“Kiba dear, can you come with us and help me carry him.” Mrs. Uzumaki asked over her shoulder.

“Sure thing Ms. U.”

It wasn’t much time after that, that they found themselves sitting in a rather colorful room.

Naruto was laying on the examination table with the other two sitting in the chairs provided.

Upon the walls hung interesting pictures on different blood types and other odd blood related information.

‘What an odd place.’ Kiba thought as he looked at what looked to be a model of the human mouth, except the K-9's looked oddly large.

“Ah, sorry to keep you all waiting.” In walked a man with dark brown hair pulled up in a high pony tail and a large scar across his nose.

“I am Dr. Umino. It’s a pleasure to meet you all.” He gave them all a bright small and held out a hand.

“I’m Kaoru Uzumaki.” She shook the doctors hand.

“And, I am Kiba Inuzuka.” Kiba said with a smile.

“And I am going to guess that this is Naruto.” Dr. Umino pointed to the blond on the bed. He received nods in reply.

“Well then I guess we should get him awake. He needs to hear what I have to say just as much as you all do. This is all happening to him after all.” The man had an odd way of comforting and making the room so much more relaxed.

Kiba couldn’t help but smile at him as he turned to a cabinet in the corner. Opening it up he could see what seemed to be a small refrigerator.

Dr. Umino opened it up and fished out a bag filled with a red liquid and a long clear plastic tube.

Kiba raised an eye brow at this. ‘What is he going to do with that.’

No sooner than that though had left his mind did the doctor to stand next to Naruto. He worked silently, opening Naruto’s mouth and gently forcing the tube down the boys throat.

‘He’s going to make him ingest that?’ Kiba was confused to say the least.

When Dr. Umino was done, he turned a small switch at the base of the bag where the tube connected and let the red liquid flow into Naruto’s mouth.

“Ummm... Dr. Umino.”

“Iruka is fine.”

Kaoru blinked but continued. “Iruka, what is that?”

Kiba looked back at the doctor awaiting his answer.

“Blood, AB type.” Was all they got in reply.

Kaoru looked taken aback but said nothing as she saw Naruto begin to stir as the last drops of blood fell into his mouth.

Iruka wasted no time in removing the tube and helping the blond boy into a sitting position.

“There, how are you feeling?”

Naruto looked at Dr. Umino completely confused.

“Naruto!” Said blond turned to see his mother and Kiba.

“Mom, Kiba?” He looked back and forth between the strange man and his mother.

“What’s going on?”

“Dude, you freakin’ passed out in the cafeteria. I had to drag your ass all the way to the hospital.” Kaoru gave Kiba a disapproving look at the word ass, but said nothing.

“So am I ok? I mean...”

“You are perfectly normal, well for someone with your condition.” All eyes in the room turned to look at Iruka.

“They said it was a blood mutation.” Mrs. Uzumaki stated.

“Yes it is, but it is also much more than that. Please take a seat. I think it would be better if you heard this while sitting.” She looked worriedly over at Naruto.

“Ok, where to start... Ah yes.” Iruka took a seat on the rolling doctors chair and faced his audience.

“The mutation as you have called it, is a condition that is passed from one person to another. Kinda like the cold, but nothing like it.”

Kiba looked over at Naruto for a moment. “So does that mean I can get it?”

Iruka laughed. “Not by touch, it can be only transmitted through a bite.”

“A bite?”

“Yes but there is more to than that. If Naruto bit you now, it would not change anything. You would not contract it.”

Kiba nodded seemingly satisfied with his answer.

“Now as I was saying it is more than a blood mutation since it effects your whole body and lifestyle. To put it quite simply and bluntly...” He turned to Naruto. “ Your body is no longer that of a humans. You no longer need food to live, hence you passing out. Naruto you were bitten by what you know as a vampire.”

The room was silent, whether it was from shock or disbelief Iruka did not know. Then suddenly laughter resounded off the walls.

“Wow doc that was good, but seriously what’s wrong? I am not dying am I?” Naruto whipped away the tears that had fallen during his out burst.

“I’m sorry but I am not. It’s a rare case now a days, since it was forbidden to change humans some centuries ago. Do you know who bit you?”

Naruto quaked at him, but thought back to last night.

“Nothing really...” Then it hit him, something that had seemed like a mere dream. “... red... something red and them pain... from my neck.” His eyes widened in horror as he remembered the marks on his neck. ‘It can’t be.’

“Hmm... I will have to turn this in. Who ever did this too you must face the consequences of his...”

“ENOUGH!” Everyone in the room jumped and turned towards Kaoru. “How dare you call my son one of Satan’s demons.” She hissed.

“Ma’am please come down I assure you this is no joke.” Iruka tried to calm the woman.

“No I will not calm down, my son is no blood sucking beast.”

“Please Mrs. Uzumaki, look.” Iruka pointed towards Naruto. “Naruto, open your mouth.”

He did as he was told and heard a gasp coming from Kiba’s direction. There, were his dull K-9's should be, were two fang like teeth.

“Good Lord, please no.” Naruto heard his mother say.

“Ms. U calm down.” Kiba tried comforting the woman as she broke down. “Its still Naruto, its Ok.”

She would have none of it. Looking up she met Naruto’s clear blue eyes.

“Mom..”

“Shut up!” She screamed. “Quiet you demon.”

“Mom it’s me, Naruto.” He was growing panicked, couldn’t his mother see that it was still him. He was not a monster or a vampire. It just could not be, they didn’t even exist.

“No, no your not. No son of mine is the servant of the devil.” She shrieked.

“But I am your son.”

“You are no son of mine, as far as I am concerned my son is now dead.” Naruto froze at her harsh words. He could not believe that the woman before him was his mother. Then again he was not too surprised, after all she had grown a deep dislike of anything she did not understand or went against the bible.

Naruto was felt the tears streak down his face as he watched his mother flee from the room with Dr. Umino not far behind.

“Naruto...” Kiba walked over a placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. He was shocked to say the least about this sudden news, but he was not going to walk away from Naruto. He was his friend and he was not going to leave him alone.

He really could not believe what his mother had done, in fact he hated her for it.

Naruto took Kiba’s comfort and clung to him with all his might. He could not except what had just happened. It was just too much to handle.

Iruka soon came back into the room looking grave.

“Naruto... I’m sorry nothing I said helped. Your mothers gone.” Naruto said nothing at this he just released Kiba and sat up to look at the doctor.

“She won’t be coming back will she.”

Iruka sighed, he really did hate it when this happened. “I don’t think so, but maybe you and her will met again and things might be different.”

Naruto shook his head. “No matter how much time passes she will never see me as her son again.”

“Naruto I am not talking about in this life.” At this Naruto stared at Iruka.

“What do you mean?”

“How can I explain this... umm... Vampires or Leben as we call ourselves are immortal, more or less. True our bodies die and like all creatures we are reborn into new ones, yet unlike most living things we are reborn with the memories of all our previous lives. Although they do not begin to surface until around puberty.” He finished explaining.

“So like, I won’t ever really die?”

“Nope.” Naruto didn’t know if he really liked the sound of that. “So if you are patient enough you might be able to meet your mother again. She might not remember you but still.”

That made Naruto feel slightly better, but still his heart felt as if it had broken in some way.

“So Doctor...”

“Iruka.” He correct Naruto.

“Iruka, what will happen to me?” Both Kiba and Naruto looked up at the man.

“Well I told your mother I would care for you. She didn’t say much, just said she would have your stuff sent to me.”

The room went quiet for a moment as Naruto thought about it. “Where do you live, I mean will I still be able to attend the same school and...”

“No, I don’t think that will be too good. As of right now I think it would be best if you were with others like yourself. You need to learn exactly what it means to be a Leben. There is a school, a private and influential school, that all the young of our kind attend.”

“So you mean, I have to leave my home, my life, and my friends.” He looked to Kiba who had a frown on his face, but smiled when he noticed Naruto looking.

“Hey don’t worry man, I understand and I will be sure to visit every chance I get.” He gave the blond a reassuring thumbs up and smiled.

“Well then its settled. Naruto welcome into our world.” Iruka flashed him a smile, showing of the fangs that had been hidden up until then.

At that moment I realized that my eternal clock had begun to start. My time was finally beginning to move forward.

I could never look back, only forward to the future.

To Be Continued . . .

A/N - So you like it??? Well better go review!!! It’s not hard, just click that button... yup thats the one.//Also we will be seeing Sasuke in the next chapter... I felt so bad leaving him out... but the prologue had to be written.

Also ‘Leben’ means life in German... I am uncreative and just kinda picked it at random. XD

-Akiru-
Sign up to rate and review this story