Categories > Anime/Manga > Dragon Ball Z

Blood type

by Bloodpatternblue

Vegeta finds out he can help a dying girl... but he starts to grow close to her, can he save her in time? COMPLETE NOT OOC

Category: Dragon Ball Z - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Bulma, Vegeta - Published: 2006-01-07 - Updated: 2006-01-07 - 2057 words - Complete

?Blocked
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or any of it's characters...^^


A/N: A small story about Vegeta in the '3 year period' This isn't a B/V Get together... just a mushy story about Vegeta meeting small Leukaemia patient which he can help... Bulma and Vegeta haven't gotten together yet... well that's all that I can think off... please enjoy ^^








BLOOD TYPE






"Felt like no one could hear me..." The tiny girl said holding her throat

"Yes well... we have found a blood match for you... So we can fix that blood of your's" The doctor said smiling.

"Thankyou doctor..." She said smiling as he puffed up her pillow.

"Get some rest little one!" He said smiling and walking out.

The little girl reached for her scalp and scratched where her hair use to be. She sighed.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"You what!?" Vegeta screamed.

"I put you on a donors list..." Bulma said smiling.

"What does this donors list do...?" He asked suspiciously.

"Well if someone is sick and you can help them you do..." Bulma said folding up her top.

"Help! I do not want to help you're pitiful race!" He snorted.

"You will if you ever want to eat again! Besides you have strong blood..." She said stroking his ego.

He smirked.

"That is the smartest thing I have ever heard come out of you're mouth!" He said walking out of the room.

Bulma rolled her eyes.

"Jerk!" She laughed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello Capsule Corp...!" Bulma said answering the phone.

"Yes..." she said as Vegeta entered the room.

"Yes... oh my god! But..." She said as Vegeta gave her a look.

"You're serious... yes we will be down right away!" Bulma said hanging up the phone.

She spun around to find Vegeta right there scowling.

"Jeez Vegeta! What have i said about sneaking up on me! I can not sense you're Kia!" She said grabbing his wrist.

"Where are you taking me!?" He asked as she grabbed her handbag.

"Just shuuuush!" She said as they walked out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


They arrived at the hospital with Vegeta making a scene. Ranting about being a Saiyan Prince or something. Bulma rolled her eyes and walked to the front desk.

"Hi I'm Bulma Briefs here with Vegeta... Arrgh...um... Sai..." She said smiling.

"My name is not Vegeta Sai!" Vegeta hissed.

"Shut up! It is while you live here!" Bulma grunted.

"Ok Doctor Devlin will see you now..." She smiled.

"Wow must be an emergency!" She whispered to Vegeta as they were lead down the hall.

Vegeta grunted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They sat down at the doctor's desk as he sighed.

"Ok well I'm Doctor Devlin and I have called you in here to ask you a bbbbbiiiiiiiggggg Favour!" He said leaning forward on his desk.

"I don't see how this involves me!?" Vegeta growled.

"Well Mister Sai... We are asking you to be a bone marrow donor..." The doctor asked straight out.

"Bone marrow what?" Vegeta asked shotting a look Bulma's way.

"For... a Leukaemia patient??" Bulma asked.

"Yes... A girl named Ella Rian" He said sighing.

"Will someone tell me what is going on?" Vegeta asked.

"Yes of course... Leukaemia is a disease where the white blood cells in our blood eat the red ones... Eventually the patient will loose all oxygen in there blood and will suffocate..." He said rubbing his forehead.

"Suffocate... die?" Vegeta asked.

"Yes..." The doctor said standing up.

"But... how old is she?" Vegeta asked.

"Leukaemia does not care how old she is Mr Sai... And we desperately need you're help to save her..." The doctor asked sitting on his desk.

"What do you want me to do?" Vegeta asked.

"Do a major operation to save this little girl..." The doctor said.

Vegeta sighed.

"You don't have to answer now... " The doctor said.

"Maybe he should meet this Ella..." Bulma asked looking at Vegeta who looked very upset for a macho head case.

"Yes let me meet this Ella Rian..." Vegeta said standing up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vegeta entered the small room. He looked over at the white bed. A small being was lying in the sheets. He walked over and sat down next to the girl.

"Hello mister... What's you're name?" She asked smiling.

Vegeta grunted.

"Vegeta Prince of all Saiyan's..." He said smirking.

"Prince aye? Should I bow you're majesty?" She asked sarcastically.

Vegeta chuckled but before she could noticed her grabbed hold of his mouth.

"Did this child just make me laugh?" Vegeta thought.

"So Mister Prince... why are you here in my room?" She asked.

"Some doctor told me you were sick... how old are you?" Vegeta asked.

"11... how old are you?" She asked playing with an old doll.

"Me... Well... I'm 38! What's it to you!" He snorted.

"He! He! You're a funny guy Vegeta!" She laughed.

Vegeta sat up straight. He had never made a child laugh before.

"Funny... why do you think I'm funny?" He asked curious.

"Because... every adult that comes in here either starts crying or feels sorry for me... but you! You are different!" She said pocking his nose.

Vegeta twitched his nose. No one had ever touched him like that. With out him blasting them to hell... But he didn't feel sorry for this girl, he more felt at fault for being healthy. She had no hair which an 11 year old should have!

"So Vegeta... why are you here?" She asked looking at him.

"Because... I wanted to meet you!" He said smirking and crossing his arms.

"He! He!" She chuckled.

"What?!" He demanded.

"You!" She said still laughing.

"What about me!?" He asked insulted.

"You are funny... you act all tough and stuff!" She said going back to playing with her dolls.

"That's because I am tough!" He scoffed at the stupid child.

"Oh come on!" She said sighing.

"What?" He asked.

"That attitude won't solve anything! I can tell you are not as tough as you act!" She said looking at him and smiling.

Even though her hair was gone she was a pretty girl. With huge green eyes. He smiled.

"Well don't tell anyone ok!" He grunted.

She laughed again.

"Vegeta?" She asked.

"Yes...?" He asked impatiently.

"Please promise you will visit me again!" She asked.

He looked at her.

"PPLLLEEAASEEE!" she asked grabbing his hands.

He looked down at her hands touching his. He sighed this girl had just wrapped him around her finger.

"Alright... but no more mushy stuff!" He grunted standing up.

She smiled again. What a pretty smile it was.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Veggie... I learnt a song..." She said picking up her guitar.

"What have I said about calling me that?" He said crossing his arms.

"Please listen..." She said strumming her guitar.

Vegeta rolled his eyes.

"Grew up in a small town...

And when the rain would fall...

I'd just stare out my window...

Dreamin' of what could be...

And I'd end up happy...

I would pray...

Trying hard to reach out...

But when I tried to speak out...

Felt like no one could hear me...

So I prayed I could breakaway...


I'll spread my wings and learn how to fly...

I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky...

And I'll make a wish...

Take a chance...

Make a change...

And breakaway...

Out of the darkness and into the sun...

But I wont forget the all the ones that I love...

Take a risk take a chance make a change..."

She sang as soft as she could. Vegeta looked up as she started to cry.


"I'll spread my wings and learn how to fly...

Though it's not easy to tell you good bye ...

And I'll make a wish...

I gotta take a chance...

Make a change...

And breakaway...

Out of the darkness and into the sun...

But I won't forget the place I come from...

Take a risk take a chance make a change...

And breakaway...

Breakaway...

Breakaway..."

She just finished her last line as she fainted on her guitar. Vegeta quickly grabbed her and held her.

"HELP!!" He yelled as her heart started to flat line.

Doctor's and nurses rushed in and took her off him and set her up.

"Help her!" Vegeta yelled.

"Please sir... "The nurse tried to usher him out of the room.

"PLEASE SAVE HER!" He yelled.

"Please!" He said running out of the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vegeta slowly walked back into the room as he heard her breathing through a machine. He took a deep breath as he looked at her. He grabbed her hand and sat down.

"I know... this is useless! But the women told me you could hear me..." Vegeta said looking at her.

"You... told me... if you died no one would care or remember..." He said.

"That isn't true...because I felt the same way before..." He said.

"I was alone with no one... no family... no friends... until I meet you..." He said looking away.

"I must be the weakest being on this planet... but I will remember you when you are gone and you will remember me... we have each other..." He said starting to cry.

He held back his tears like countless times before.

"You won't die because... I'm going to give you that transplant so you can live! I am a match for you and it is fate!" He said squeezing her hand hoping she would wake up.

"I will save you Ella... you are too young to die... it isn't right..." He said tears starting to appear.

"That song you sang... you said it wouldn't be easy to say good bye... because you are not going to say goodbye to me..." He said crying now.

"You are not going anywhere! You hear me! Nowhere!" He sobbed holding her other hand.

"Call me greedy but I need you as much as you need me... Even thought that is hard to say..." He said sighing calming himself.

"I am going now... but I won't be long..." He said standing up.

"Be strong while I'm gone!" He said smiling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Vegeta! She woke up!" Bulma yelled running to him.

He woke suddenly and stood up. Bulma bumped into him.

"She is awake! Quickly!!" Bulma said pulling him as she ran.

"She is awake?" He asked as she pushed him into her room.

He looked at her bed. She was sitting up looking out her window.

"Ella...?" Vegeta asked walking over to him.

She looked up at him. He face was stained with tears.

"Veggie?" she asked.

He swallowed hard trying not cry. She grabbed his waist and hugged him tight. Vegeta gulped.

"Come on now! No Mushy stuff!" He said peeling her off him.

"I heard you!" She whispered.

"Me?" He asked as he sat down.

"Yes talking to me... I heard every word! You said you would remember me when I was gone!" She asked crying.

"Yes... of course I will... as long...?" He asked.

"As long as what?" She asked.

"As long as you remember me!" He asked smiling.

"Yes... I will always!" She said smiling back the light reflecting off her tears.

Vegeta whipped away her tears.

"Now lie down and I will tell you a Saiyan story my father use to tell me!" Vegeta said as she lied down and he tucked her in.

"Thankyou Vegeta..." She whispered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vegeta stood there not moving an inch. His body could not move even if he wanted it too. The coffin was lowered down into the ground slowly. Vegeta looked up. People were crying. He sighed.

"This will only be a memory for them... but it will be more for me... every time I hear that song!" He thought to himself as he cleared his throat.



"I'll spread my wings and learn how to fly...

Though it's not easy to tell you good bye ...

I gotta take a risk

Take a chance...

Take a change...

And breakaway...

Out of the darkness and into the sun...

But I won't forget of the place I come from...

Take a risk...

Take a chance...

Make a change...

And breakaway...

Breakaway...

Breakaway..."

Goku looked up at Vegeta as he closed his mouth after singing a soft song. Vegeta looked up and Goku smiled. Vegeta scowled and turned around.

"Goodbye..." He whispered and walked away from the grave site.


_____________________________________________________________________

I don't own 'Breakaway' By Kelly Clarkson. (Sorry couldn't put it at the start would have spoilt it...)

^^ please review!!
Sign up to rate and review this story