Categories > Books > Harry Potter

The Darkness Flows Throughout

by Wolf07

AU. The offer of having something he had never known was far too great for Harry, his parents. Giving the Philosophers Stone to Voldemort he watched in awe as the most fear wizard of all time. Feel...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Horror,Romance - Characters: Dumbledore,Harry,Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2008-05-16 - Updated: 2008-05-16 - 3642 words

?Blocked
Disclaimer: I don't own harry potter and i never will
AU. The offer of having something he had never known was far too great for Harry, his parents. Giving the Philosophers Stone to Voldemort he watched in awe as the most fear wizard of all time. Feeling the anger that had filled the boys body for being lied to and what would await him once the muggle loving fool Dumbledore found out that he had merely given the stone away he takes away with him before the Headmaster can arrive. When the Tri-Wizard Tournament is being held at Hogwarts what to destroy the institution that he hates more then anything then sending the wizard that everyone thought had died years before

"Give me the stone Harry, and together we can bring back your parents." Voldemort told the eleven year old who was standing on the bottom stone step staring back at the face that was protruding from the back of one of his own professor's head. "It's within my power; all you have to do is give me the stone that sits in your pocket." He was aware that Harry was no longer focusing on him but the mirror that resided behind him; Dumbledore was a fool if he thought this could stop him and then sending an eleven year old child to try and protect the stone from being taken. Was he really that cowardly or hadn't his ways changed at all through the years? Having others fight his battles for him as he pushed his pawns into place. The look of complete peace that stretched Harry's face told Voldemort all he needed to know about what he was seeing in the mirror that was blocking out the rest of the world to him. Even Quirell's expected jump and the feelings of success that were radiation off the poor deluded fool told him that James and Lily Potter where being shown in the mirror.

"If I give you this, you'll be able to bring them back?" Harry asked touching the stone that was as Voldemort said sitting in his pocket, he hadn't even looked at the spectre like face when asking his question, his eyes staying glued to the mirror that held his parents reflection. A longing filled his body with each second he looked at the image even if something told him that this wasn't the right thing to be thinking about doing; suspiciously enough it was in Dumbledore's voice; but he found it easy to drive the voice to the back of his head.

"Yes Harry, I can bring them back. All you have to do is give me that stone." Voldemort repeated unable to stop the feeling of absolute glee filling his body, after ten years the moment was finally here and if he was perfectly honest with himself it felt slightly anti-climatic. He knew however the first thing that he was going to do was kill the boy, and then no one would doubt his power. He was Lord Voldemort. He watched with a smile on his face as Harry took unsure steps towards where Quirell stood, all he had to do was keeping pushing him if the boy didn't seem like he was ready to do it, and with the Mirror of Erised behind him it was easy to do. Feeling his host shudder in excitement Voldemort partly wished he had found someone better to play host to him but with Quirell being a Hogwarts Professor there was no better choice. "Just place the stone on my face." He instructed when Harry was stood in front of him but had no clue to what he was meant to do next, Voldemort briefly thought that maybe there should be some type of instrumental music playing while this happened; something that would really mark the occasion.

"Ahhh!" Quirell screamed as he felt something being torn from his body, he could hear distant laughter but the feeling of his blood pumping around his head far too fast as well as his screams of pain were enough for him to not be able to distinguish it properly and then it was over. The second he started to hear the screams Harry backed away from Quirell and Voldemort poking out of the back of his head in fear, not knowing what was going on he continued to back away until his feet back one of the stone steps and he fell onto it watching the scene unfold in front of him. The sounds of his Professor screaming in pain should have been deafening to him but what was happening at the back of his head was far more interesting to him. An eerie black mist seemed to form around Voldemort's head as soon as the stone at touched it and disgustingly enough his face started to elongate looking like the back of the Hogwarts Professor's head was giving birth to the other wizard. After a minute or two of this Quirell dropped to the floor in a heap leaving Voldemort's head suspended in mid-air, for a minute Harry thought something had gone wrong but the mist still hovered around him.

With a disgusting grace the serpentine wizard's body seemed to unfold from thin air before his thin fish belly white legs touched the floor, Harry had never before witnessed a display of power during his year at Hogwarts; the professors that he had, had only taught them basic spells that while putting him in a stunned silence didn't have the awe that the wizard before him did. Slowly the black mist that had been hovering descended on Voldemort before solidifying into a set of plain black robes.

"Can you bring my parents back now?" Harry asked Voldemort who had his eyes closed savoring the moment, what he had done seemed to have registered on him now as he couldn't help the shiver that ran down his spine as he looked at the wizard that most of the world was too scared to call by his name. Snapping his eyes open Voldemort had forgotten that anyone else was in the room with him as his nearly translucent blue eyes slammed into the mirror in front of him, yes there stood the reason that he had lost his body years ago looking just as innocent and naive as he had been when first introduced to the wizarding world; of course the boy would expect him to hold onto his end of the bargain he was a Gryffindor after all and they were so full of misled nobility. It was a shame that he would have to end the life of someone that could hold so much promise, but if he didn't then there would be people questioning his power.

"I'm afraid Harry, that no one short of a necromancer has the power to bring someone back from the dead. So no I can't bring your parents back." Voldemort replied enjoying the look of anger and shock that formed on his green eyed companions face. "But I have to thank you, you see without you coming down here trying to save the day then I could never have regained my body. So there is something that came out of it, don't think it was an effort wasted." He took a sick relish in reading the different emotions that flew off of Harry in a maelstrom he didn't need to read his mind that was open like a book to tell what was going on.

"YOU LIAR!" Harry screamed at Voldemort who could only smile back at him in amusement. The pale wizard couldn't believe that Harry had actually thought he would do what he had said after he had got his body back, but he had been talking to Dumbledore who no doubt filled his mind with all sorts of weakening thoughts. He was once again blown back however by the anger and rage that could be felt coming off of Harry who was standing less than five feet away looking like he was ready to kill, that was before another equally as strong emotion blasted off of the eleven year old. Shame.

"Yes, Harry. I did lie to you, but is it anymore then Dumbledore has done since you started this year?" he asked looking down at the boy, seeing confusion mix into the other emotions that were playing on his face he decided to reiterate what he meant. "No doubt the old fool told you that you would be safe inside the castle walls and yet time after time your life has been endangered while you have been here for only one year." He didn't think it was important that it was he, who had been using Quirell to try and kill Harry all year; all he wanted to do right now was show to him that even Dumbledore had lied before he killed the boy. Harry was now staring down at the stone floor not knowing what else to do, he had been told by Hagrid, Ron and Dumbledore himself what it was like when Voldemort was around and with the fake lure of his parents coming back he had given the evil wizard just what he wanted his body back. He had no idea what they would do to him for it.

Turning away from the boy that had caused his downfall years before Voldemort turned to the body of his former host before bending down and plucking the wand from inside Quirell's robes, he turned his head to look back at Harry whose thoughts he had been reading all the time while not acting in the slightest bit interested, here was a child new to the wizarding world despite already being legendary and no doubt ready to be filled full of Dumbledore's bias about right and wrong, good and evil.

"How will they all react?" Voldemort asked now standing directly behind Harry his wand pointing at the floor but ready to flick into his face within a second and send the killing curse at him ending his life straight away; but another thought entered his head. The fact that he and Harry were one in the same neither had family while they were younger and both had been oblivious to the wizarding world and the wonders that it held. His eyes quickly snapped onto the stone steps that were the only way out of where the mirror and thus the stone had been, the way he knew that Dumbledore would be coming soon. "We don't have time to feel sorry for ourselves." He said before grabbing Harry by his slim wrist and dragging him back up the steps, "Make no mistake boy, the world will crucify you for this," he told Harry as they quickly travelled back through the flames where Hermione had left Harry to go and get help. "They might love you now; see you as some type of hero. But they will turn on you for this; no one will be there to protect you not even your Dumbledore. I will offer you protection if you will take it." Harry nodded as Voldemort turned to look at him waiting his answer, seeing that the boy was more than ready to go with him if it meant safety Voldemort once again turned away before grabbing hold of his wrist and pulling him along; Harry never saw the sinister smile that had formed on his face.

Disappointed at the fact that he hadn't run into any of Dumbledore's professors Voldemort stopped outside the second floor bathroom before walking inside with Harry now trailing behind checking over his shoulder every few seconds since Voldemort had let go of his wrist. It took him a few seconds to notice that they were in a girl's toilet but when he went to say anything about it he noticed the older wizard walking over to one of the sinks almost like he had every right to be in there.

"Open." Voldemort hissed at the sink that was blocking the path to the Chamber of Secrets, he was not disappointed with the shocked gasp that came from Harry when the sink sank back and another pathway formed under it, now no longer expecting anyone to find them he didn't see the need in grabbing him by the hand to make sure he would keep up and merely walked into the tunnel knowing that Harry would follow due to the fears that he had put in his head. The tunnel hadn't changed much from the last time he had been down here when he was a student; the dry skin that the Basilisk was now almost decayed and yet still held enough form to scare anyone that had no idea what was down there. Turning around when he heard a set of stones fall he saw Harry rubbing his knee from his crouched position on the floor before he looked up at Voldemort with a stubborn expression and stood back on his feet. "We don't want to advertise where we are, so if you don't want me to change my mind and leave your corpse for them to find you'll keep quiet." He threatened Harry whose skin lost what little colour it had to begin with.

The eleven year old stood ten feet away from Voldemort as he opened a large stone door that revealed yet another passage way, he had no idea where they were going and could only hope that they would be free of the school before someone found them. He was already having second thoughts about leaving with the wizard that had killed his family and that thought alone made his stomach drop out at what he had done today; however the fear of what would happen to him if he stayed was enough for his to race after Voldemort through the now sewer like tunnels his feet splashing through the small puddles.

"How are we going to get out?" he asked looking down into a pool of water and then at his companion who seemed transfixed with a statue behind him, turning to see what had him some occupied Harry saw that it was a stone carving of a angry looking man with his mouth firmly closed in what looked to him a hinged jaw. Suddenly it felt like his breathing had change, and looking down his nose at his mouth his heart nearly stopped, there was this thing that looked like it was floating around the bottom of his nose and all of his mouth, he quickly thought that it looked like something from his Uncles Sci-fi films. Turning to Voldemort he saw that the older wizard had the same mask around his mouth and what could pass for a nose and yet didn't seem bothered at the slightest in fact it looked like humour was dancing in his eyes at seeing the shock in Harry's

Not telling him what was going on instead he once again grabbed the younger male by the arm and pulled him towards the pool of water and stepped in ignoring the freezing temperatures, the chattering of teeth however told him that Harry wouldn't be having such a good time ignoring the coldness of the water but that would be the least of their worries if he couldn't get Harry to hurry up. Not turning around to warn him about what was going to happen Voldemort both deep under the water keeping his strong grip on Harry's wrist and used powerful strokes that seemed impossible for someone that had arms that skinny to propel them through the water, something told him that if he had merely jumped in after performing the Bubble head charm on the both of them and started to swim away Harry would have no luck of keeping up with him from his malnourished form. He didn't need to take them far, the water that gathered in the Chamber was fed directly from the Great Lake on the grounds and he had no idea from Grinylow's or other creatures that inhabited the lake not even the giant squid would be able to match him.

Harry was close to having a heart attack as he was being pulled through the murky waters by Voldemort, it was bad enough when he looked down and saw that thing over the bottom half of his face but being dragged into the cold water and then through it almost like he weighed nothing was not something he was going to be forgetting anytime soon.

Swimming through the collection of underwater plants that were doted around Voldemort finally found himself and his quarry far enough away from the magical protection that was Hogwarts before a cracking sound was dulled due to the water as both of them vanished leaving a void that small creatures rushed to fill.

*

Having heard what was happening from the babbling Hermione Granger, he had quickly lost the first year as his much longer stride allowed him to travel to the third floor corridor within a minute of arriving back at the school and assuring her everything would be ok. He knew it was wrong to give the child that hope when in all honesty he didn't know what he was going to find once he got to where the mirror holding the stone was and apparently Harry. How he had been tricked so easily by a fake letter he would never know until found out just who had sent it even if he had have his ideas, Hermonie was adamant that it had been Snape who was after the stone all because according to her she and Ron had seen him try to curse Harry off of his broom.

He hadn't the heart to tell the girl to be quiet before he lost her as he was preparing himself for whatever it was he would find once he got there. Despite everything none of his staff had even listened to the worries of Harry or his friends, not even the head of their house professor McGonagall. While he knew that they couldn't just take the word of three eleven year olds when they said that Voldemort was after the Philosophers stone he would have thought that they would have at least paid more attention to the students as they ran around the grounds that afternoon trying to get to the third floor, all he could hope was that nothing had gone wrong or that Harry had been killed by their own professor. Just how one of his one employees had been under the influence of Voldemort for over the past year and had gone unnoticed by him was something he had no clue about; and yet he would be ready to admit that it was one of his few mistakes.

Unfazed by the sight of the knocked out troll he merely strolled through each room undaunted by the tasks that had been set up to stop anyone from getting to the mirror, apparently they weren't as good as he nor the other professors had thought if they had been breached on only once but twice and the second time by three first year students; it didn't bold well for the rest of the professors lively hood if the trio of Gryffindor's continued like that. His first stop came at the giant chessboard as he looked at the unconscious form of Ron Weasley, walking over to the boy he bent down to make sure that he was still alive before nodding to himself and continuing his journey through the next doorway knowing that it was Snape's test and the potions master would no doubt be enraged that the one student he hated more than anyone else had gotten past it with ease. For someone of his power and wisdom the flames held little problem as with a flick of his wand they were quickly diminished leaving him to wonder just how he thought anything that he had seen so far would be enough to stop a sufficiently trained witch or wizard from gaining access, the only thing that might cause someone harm was Fluffy like he had shown Snape at Halloween.

Walking down the stone steps to the challenge that he himself had set up Dumbledore held none of his self belief as he could see the body of professor Quirell laying face down on the floor, the way his body was positioned told Dumbledore that he had been looking at the mirror when his death occurred. His eyes travelled around the circular room taking in everything that he could fully aware that there was an unnatural chill to the air despite the numerous torches that were lit to keep it warm; he had felt the chill that was there before on a number of occasions and it didn't help that Harry was nowhere to be seen. Turning to look at the mirror Dumbledore saw his reflection looking back at him and waited, he had no need for the stone and so expected his reflection to show him where it was on his person and yet nothing happened this caused a frown to form on his face. He knew that Quirell wanted the stone and wanted to use it as well so there was no logical reason for him to be able to find it, Voldemort from what he could guess didn't have a physical body and would have been more inept at getting the stone then the dead professor was and while there was no sign that Voldemort now had a body the fact that his professor was dead and Harry wasn't there pointed to him having one. Turning back to look at the stone steps Dumbledore had no idea what had happened in here and that fact worried him greatly.
Sign up to rate and review this story