Categories > Original > Fantasy > A Kingdom Divided

Introduction of a Life Time

by sabeybaby 0 reviews

An introduction to an old lover and a history that won't die.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-06-15 - Updated: 2008-06-16 - 903 words

0Unrated
When Belle finally landed, Ian was nearly in a rage from impatience. The Queen and King ignored the man's temper as they slowly dismounted, stretching before even looking at the man. Once they were a safe distance from her, she took the liberty of changing back into her normal form. Taking her wrap around dress out of her bag, she slid it over her shoulders and tied it in a knot. When she turned around, she was surprised to find Ian's friend standing right in front of her.

"Broderick!" Her exclaimation was breathless, but speaking was unnecessary because a moment later he pulled her into his embrace. His kiss was angry and passionate; the kiss of a man long deprived of love. When he finally released her, she reeled backwards and fell against a tree. Her right hand came up to her lips, which were now a bright cherry red. Laurel rushed to her side while Thanyel grabbed Broderick and yanked him away from Belle. As for the large man, he was just standing there in shock, breathing hard, passion alight in his eyes.

"What do you have to say for yourself?!" Thanyel questioned, curious yet angry at how presumptuous his packmate had acted.

"Let her explain this one." He whispered, his eyes sparkled with what could be tears. Belle righted herself and shook off Laurel before walking over to the curly haired man. One of her hands came up to touch his face and he leaned into it.

"How can I explain my absence when I don't know it rightly myself?" Her voice was low, cautious of his reaction. She was right to be careful because his temper flared and he flung her arm away from him.

"How dare you say that! You go missing for almost five years and you have no explaination?!" Claws started sprouting from his hands due to his emotional distress.

"What are you talking about Broderick? Calm yourself and speak." Hearing his alpha's order, he stepped back and got his temper under control.

"Do we have to talk about this now?" Ian interupted, obviously upset over his questions being delayed.

"Yes, we do. Silence Ian." Thanyel commanded. As ordered, the werewolf quieted. "Now, speak Broderick." The heavily muscled man stared at Belle with confusion in his eyes, but sadness lingered in the air around him.

"This woman, is my mate." He let that sink in for a moment, "And the mother of my children."

OoOoOoOoOoOo

Belle slipped into the stream, thinking back on the meeting with the two werewolves. Remembering the look of shock on Ian, Thanyel and especially Laurel's faces would've made her chuckle if the situation wasn't so serious. She had kept her secret life with Broderick unknown by her friends for years. They had been together for eight years before she had disappeared, but much of her memory was peppered with holes. So much of their time together was missing. Her friends weren't the only ones who were surprised by him announcing they had children.

"I don't remember them." She whispered to herself as she sank against a large rock. The cold water would've frozen the average human, but as a vampiress, she was unaffected by the frigid stream. The feel of the cold water on her skin was soothing.

"How could you have forgotten them?" Hearing Broderick's voice, She lifted her eyes to meet his, not quite surprised that he had searched her out.

"Much of my memory is in holes Broderick, it's pointless to even ask." She turned her eyes away, unable to keep eye contact any longer.

"Have you forgotten what we used to be as well, or just the children we produced together?" His words were cold and cutting. When he splashed in beside her, she looked up in surprise.

"Broderick!" She felt reminiscent of earlier.

"I'll make you remember." He whispered against her lips as they met. His kiss was angry like earlier, but she felt overwhelmed by the love that exuded from him. Their bodies were pressed tight, but as her body woke up to him, she thought they couldn't get close enough. She moaned in desire, clutching his body to hers.

"Please Broderick," She mumbled, and then they were lost to eachother.

OoOoOoOoOoOo

He clung to her, not willing to let her go, even to clean up. He knew that no matter how exhausted he was now, in a few moments he would be ready for her again, and he would not let her escape him. He'd waited years for her body, and she wasn't leaving him now, not when he'd just found her again. Letting his thoughts on their situation settle in his mind, he saught for the truth that he had to believe that she held.

"What happened to you Belle?" He questioned, "What could have possibly torn you away from me and our children?"

"How much have I told you of myself?" She questioned in turn, meeting his eyes.

"You have told me of your life as a child up until you were five years old, but not much more than that despite our years together." He chuckled, "I don't know if you remember but our relationship was very sexually based for the first six and a half years." His grin was contagious and Belle found herself smiling as well.

OoOoOoOoOoOo

(A/N) This was another special chapter... so it's short... get over it.
Sign up to rate and review this story