Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Hairspray Fever!

It Takes Two

by I_am_Me 2 reviews

Julius' song. Julius sings "It Takes Two." Julius: Link; Delilah: Tracy.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-06-16 - Updated: 2008-06-17 - 398 words

0Unrated
The gang had been doing karaoke and it was now Julius' turn to sing. He went up to the microphone and chose a song.

"Wooo! Go, Julius!" Zoe called. Delilah just sat stiffly as Zoe said this.

Slow music started to come through the speakers. Julius started singing, looking directly at Delilah, in his beautiful voice.

"They say it's a man's world/Well that can't be denied/But what good's a man's world/Without a woman by his side/And so I will wait/Until that moment you decide."

"That I'm your man/And you're my girl/That I'm the sea/And you're the pearl/It takes two, baby,/It takes two."

"A king ain't a king/Without the power behind the throne/A prince is a pauper, babe,/Without a chick to call his own/So please, darling, choose me/I don't wanna rule alone,/Tell me,"

"I'm your king/And you're my queen/That no one else/Can come between/It takes two, baby,/It takes two."

"Don't you know."

"Lancelot had Guinevere/Mrs Claus has old St Nick/Romeo had Juliet/And Liz, well, she has her Dick."

"They say it takes two to tango/Well, that tango's child's play/So take me to the dance floor/And we'll twist the night away."

"Just like Frankie Avalon/Had his favorite Mouseketeer/I dream of a lover, babe,/To say the things I long to hear/So come closer baby,/Oh and whisper in my ear."

"Tell me, that you're my girl/And I'm your boy/That you're my pride/And I'm your joy/That I'm the sand/And you're the tide/And I'll be the groom/If you'll be my bride/It takes two, baby/It takes two."


By the time Julius reached the end of the song, everybody had their cellphones out and flipped open, slowly waving them in the air. Julius went back to his spot beside Delilah and hugged her. He didn't say any thing because he knew she needed time to process.

(a/n: Okay, so this was actually the second chapter I wrote, but it's being posted first. The first chapter will be up soon, and it will always be the last chapter 'cuz it's Delilah's song (et al) "You Can't Stop the Beat." This chapter will always be the first singing chapter/the first chapter after the summary/prologue.)
Sign up to rate and review this story