Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Specialis

Chapter 3

by Felinity 0 reviews

Harry slips up and accidentally threatens his uncle with magic after Voldemort returns and the abuse becomes worse. What can harry do and why does he have Voldemorts ring? How could it help him? sl...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry,Tom Riddle,Voldemort - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-06-17 - Updated: 2008-06-17 - 895 words

1Original
Disclaimer: I do not own harry potter or anything to do with harry potter that all belongs to the fantastic J.K.R

Specialis (- Secrets )

The small object zoomed through the air towards him, meeting his hand seconds before hitting its intended target. His head.

Harry let out an annoyed sigh, muttering to himself about control issues while placing the small object back at the other end of his desk.

He sat back down on his old camp bed and once again began to focus his magic.

Hermione had once mentioned that the ministry of magic had spells and wards cast over each of the wands as they were made at olivandars wand shop. So many spells, that if underage wizards or witches were to cast the slightest bit of magic, the auror’s would be on them in seconds.

She reckoned it had something to do with a young wizard in history a history book that over stood the line and forced to government to stop someone from becoming so reckless again. Supposedly.

So the topic of wandless magic and the possibility of accomplishing it came about, bringing a brainwave from the usually oblivious Ron.

“so… so that’s how you-know-who got away with what he did…with-out the ministry knowing…dad had told me that, that is why people fear him… be-because he could do really powerful spells with out his wand … and only really powerful wizards are capable off pulling off more that 1st year stuff, wandless… a-and that you’d have to be pretty powerful to even do that.” The red head stuttered, shocked at his own intelligence.

Also shocking his two best friends before ‘mione got that look. The one where she waved her hand in the air while staring dazed at a random spot on the wall, with her mouth open slightly as if she intended to say something before spinning on her heels and heading out of the room.

The research look.

Harry had smartly volunteered to help when she came back with books piled in her arms, swaying and ready to jump away from the hours of reading and re-reading the trio would likely subject them to.

Harry had used his initiative and stowed some of the more useful books in his trunk before the holidays for studying of his own. He had quickly learned the basics reading through the books when he should have been studying but found how hard it was, and it had taken him most of the school year before the tournament started to make an object move wandlessly. Then he had finally been able to manage a levitation charm.

Focusing his magic down his arm, through the veins in his hand, into his fingers, sending the tingling sensation up into the tips of the digits, harry beckoned the ring with a finger; feeling the magic pulse and writhe before honing in on its goal.

The ring zoomed at his head with as much vigour as before, again meeting his hand before it managed to knock him out cold.

‘Least this is training my reflexes as well’ he thought dryly. Why was his control out so much? He had gotten good with his control before the last stage of the tri-wizard tournament, a few days later and he’s struggling to keep himself from being knocked out by a ring!

Harry pushed his glasses down his nose as he rubbed against the bridge, closing his eyes as the ache was soothed momentarily. His fingers moved to rub against his eyes, still uncomfortable from the new contact lenses he used to cover up his eyes subtle colour changes.

At first he thought it had just been shock from voldemort coming back, but when he had walked into the bathroom to see his eyes had slight flecks of crimson bleeding in with his normal emerald, well even in the wizarding world, its not something commonly connected with stress. He’s just glad the dursleys have been too busy going out and ignoring him to notice.

His so called relatives had been spending a lot of time out of the house which had been very grateful for. It meant he could relax for a few hours and it was the only time he actually felt safe outside of Hogwarts. Plus, he didn’t need there abuse anymore than he got it; along with the reincarnation of the dark lord who is out to get him.

He spent most of the time he had alone either attempting to re stabilise his wild magic and try to get some wandless practise or trying to control his mind to practise what his godfather had tried to teach him through letters.

His father had done it along with his god father and remus.. and he had been attempting it, but his animagus form just wasn’t happening anytime soon.

Opening his eyes he gazed at the ring holding it between two fingers, the-boy-who-lived examined the precious object.

The rings’ surface shimmered as he held it up to the light. The goblin silver (he recognised it from Griffindors’ sword) had been moulded into a unique shape; a two headed snake, one with green stones for eyes the other red, curling around the black stone in its centre. The ring seemed perfect to him.

Perfect for its former owner anyway:

Voldemort.
Sign up to rate and review this story