Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Canadian Intervention

Order Lost

by austin316hockey 4 reviews

Dumbledore interrupts Harry's birthday party at the Burrow, as do a few Death Eaters… And what's with Fawkes?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-06-20 - Updated: 2008-06-20 - 5356 words

5Exciting
WARNING: coarse language, violence, character death

13: ORDER LOST
Joining Albus were Kingsley Shacklebolt, Mad-Eye Moody, Tonks and Severus. Harry groaned after seeing Severus there. Had he told them about the trunk? Had he betrayed their trust already?

Albus looked over the Boy-Who-Lived, still hovering on his broom. 'Most definitely, he has changed,' thought the old wizard. He had seemed to gain perhaps an inch… or maybe not. His face had filled out a little, but the largest change was those emerald eyes. Not soft and malleable, but cold and determined. This was NOT going to be easy.

He only needed to look at Harry's passenger to see, just perhaps, where some of the changes had come from. He already knew who Frank Iero was, as Moody had been quite resourceful in tracking down exactly who he and his friends were. No, a muggle 'punk' band was most definitely NOT the kind of influence Albus wanted around his weapon.

He also noticed the closeness between the two of them. Oh Merlin, this was DEFINTITELY not good, he thought. Even Dumbledore knew the meaning of Concatenatio Anima Materiaque. He silently cursed the fates for making this so much harder.
"Maybe Harry doesn't want to talk to you," said Frank coldly.
"Ah, Mr. Iero, I'm afraid this doesn't involve you," said Albus, the twinkle absent from his eyes.
"Trust me, if it involves Harry, by fuck it involves me," Frank hissed. Albus very quickly noticed that most of the other adults that had gathered stood with wands drawn. One of the twins was also missing; he was sure they had both been there when he arrived moments before.
"Say what you have to say, then piss off," said Harry icily. "Last person in the world I wanted see here was you, well, other than Voldemort, maybe."
"Yes, Harry, and being out in the open this way, is a very good way to invite him," said Albus. "We need to get you somewhere safe…"
"Save it!" Harry hissed. "It's the same old broken record! Bloody hell! Do you know how many times Voldemort visited me in my head while I was at my relatives' place? Every FUCKING night! How is that keeping me safe?"
"If you and Professor Snape had worked together, perhaps…"
"Perhaps NOTHING, Dumbledore! All you wanted to was to weaken me! I KNOW Snape is a better teacher than he let on! You only see me as a FUCKING tool!"

This comment actually made Albus pause for a moment. Maybe a look into his thoughts was in order. He began to gently push into the boy's mind, and was staggered by the force of the pain that invaded his head. "Harry, what…" Albus managed, attempting to regain his posture.
"Hurts, doesn't it?" Harry couldn't resist smirking at the old man. "Professor Snape was rather impressed, I think." That got a nod from the potions professor. "Want to try again?"
"No, I think I'll pass, Harry," Albus said, still shocked by the pain unleashed from Harry's mind.
"My thoughts are private. It's an interesting thing, you know. Voldemort hasn't visited me since I started practicing. And Professor Snape, I would like if we can continue with our lessons… I know I can be much better than I am now," said Harry. Severus once again nodded. "I mean, Dumbledore, you did want him to continue with the lessons, right?" Harry again smirked.
"Yes, right," Said Albus. 'No, that's definitely NOT the kind of lessons I had in mind,' he thought.
"See? I'm not as weak and stupid as you might believe," Harry continued, lowering the broom so he could be at eye level with the old man. "I mean, Travis has helped me in more ways than you ever have… He brought me to Frankie, among other things. Helped me get my independence; get my parents and Sirius back…"
"Sirius… what… where?"
"Here, Albus," said Sirius, from the portrait. Albus also noted James and Lily were present, both glaring daggers.
"So what do you plan on doing now that you're here, professor?" asked Lily.
"Take Harry to safety, of course," answered Albus, striding over to the tables to stand in front of the portrait. "All of you know just how dangerous Voldemort is to Harry."
"No, Albus, it's YOU who is a danger to Harry," Lily snapped. "Your depravity toward my son is absolutely disgusting and inexcusable. I knew you were a little eccentric, but this… this is criminal!"
"I should let you know, by the way, George is already at the ministry, letting them know a fugitive is at the Burrow," said Fred, looking like he had just pulled off a grand prank.
"Oh, I do believe we will be long gone before the Aurors arrive," said Albus. "No. 4 Privet Drive has its wards reinforced, and I've had a lengthy chat with your relatives."
"If you believe I'll ever return to that hell hole, you've truly gone mental," Harry snarled.
"It is only for the best, Harry, now please dismount your broom, so we may…"
"No," said Harry flatly.
"Do not make things difficult," said Albus, reaching into his robes and pulling out his wand.
"Albus, if you raise your wand, we WILL stun you," said Remus, raising his. The other adults who had been at the party followed suit, including Minerva. She had remained silent during this confrontation, but most definitely sided with Harry on the issue at hand. Albus had overstepped his boundaries and his authority, in her opinion. The Order members who had arrived with Albus drew their wands, although they were at a distinct disadvantage.
"So you broke my useless relatives out of jail, then. Real nice, Dumbledore," said Harry coldly.
"You're not much better than Voldemort, old man," Travis growled. "You see yourself above the law. God."
"No, I only do things for the greater good," said Albus. "You don't understand how important Harry is to the light. If something were to happen to him, we will lose, and badly."
"You don't think I know that?" Harry snarled. "Bloody hell, if you had only been honest with me, I could have been properly trained, and better prepared to deal with Voldemort. But no, instead, you want me weak and unprepared? Why? It's as if you WANT me to fail!" Harry was shaking, he was so upset at this point that the broom itself was actually trembling.
"Harry, don't lose it on me," Frank whispered, gently rubbing his chest with his right hand.
"I won't," Harry answered, quickly clamping down on his temper. The broom stopped trembling. Albus again took note of this. 'Yes, exactly like with the Diggory boy,' he thought, 'Most unfortunate.' No, this wouldn't do. He needed Harry to be raw and angry, a hair's breadth away from losing control. Not calm and collected. Frank Iero would have to go, along with the portraits and these new friends. All had opposite influences to what Albus wished.
"Albus, really, we had better leave. If Mr. Weasley is correct, Aurors will arrive any second," said Moody.
"Yes, quite right, then. Harry, I must insist-"
"DON'T YOU GET IT OLD MAN?" Harry exploded, flying over to face the fugitive headmaster eye to eye. "I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH YOU! You're as much a threat to me as VOLDEMORT!"

This comment hurt. There was no denying it. This was the LAST thing Albus wished to be compared to. Knowing that Harry felt that way about him made Dumbledore pause. Yet, at the same time, there was a prophecy at work, and what Harry thought or wanted really didn't matter, at least not to Albus.

Severus, on the other hand, had reached his limit. See, Harry wasn't the ONLY person who had suffered the manipulations of the old wizard.
"It is obvious Potter has no intentions of leaving with you, and neither do I, for that matter," said Severus.
"Need I remind you-" Albus began.
"Remind me all you want, I will no longer partake in whatever schemes you might have in mind," Severus drawled. Harry again had to hide a smirk. Yes, even Snape had reached his limit. He watched as Severus crossed the yard to join the others, wand pointed at Albus. Lily only smiled at this. Their numerous discussions over the past while certainly had an effect.

There was a momentary silence over the group while Harry sat on his broom, glaring at the old wizard. He knew that if anyone just twitched the wrong way, things could go very badly. It was truly a struggle of wills at this point. Albus didn't want to admit it, but this time he was truly outnumbered.

The moment was interrupted by two things that seemed to happen at once. Six figures appeared in clouds of black smoke. Harry's heart skipped a beat. Death Eaters. At the same time, there were 8 pops, as Aurors apparated into the yard. "Ministry of Magic!" one shouted.
"Guys! Get back to the trunk!" Travis shouted, quickly understanding the danger. Harry at once shot into the sky, his heart racing. 'Now what?' he thought, watching the chaos erupt below. Luckily, the Death Eaters had not seen Harry on his broom. The temptation to unleash an attack from the air was there, yet the two arms gripping him about the chest were all the reminder he needed. No, this was a fight best avoided.

The Auror who had opened his mouth had been instantly felled with the killing curse, and was now splayed out on the ground with a shocked look on his face. The muggles had been horrified, but were at that point being herded back into the house, along with the kids, by Order members. Travis helped the other adults provide cover, managing to nail one of the Death Eaters with a neatly placed 'Reducto' that blasted a hole in his chest. 'Nice one,' Harry thought, watching the events from the sky. He then happened to look toward the back door of the house, where everyone was headed. He was just in time to see Percy step out, only to be struck by a bolt of green magic.

Harry almost lost control of the broom. As angry as he was at Percy, he was still a Weasley, a member of the family that saw Harry as one of their own. Images of his first meeting with him as a Prefect in first year briefly flooded his head.
"Harry? Hey, snap out of it!" said Frank, again squeezing Harry tightly. "Cry over him later, let's get the fuck out of here!"
"I can't leave my friends!" Harry cried, circling around the edge of the property. The adults had managed to get Frank's band mates into the house, and probably into the trunk. Harry couldn't actually see into the house at this point, but knew the trunk was close to the back door. Hermione, Ron, and Ginny vanished next, and then Luna and Neville. 'Wait,' Harry thought, 'How will THEY get into the trunk?' This question was answered as he saw both twins emerge from the house, wands drawn.

Meanwhile, the rest of the adults battled with the remaining Death Eaters. Harry easily spotted Bellatrix Lestrange and a man named Dolohov, but couldn't recognize any of the others. New people? He was snapped back to reality as a bolt of green magic missed him by inches.
"HARRY! LET'S GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" Frank bellowed, practically into his ear. That was all the urging he needed, his left ear actually ringing from Frank shouting into it. He pitched the broom forward, and they were gone like a shot. "Left, LEFT!" Frank cried, looking back and seeing yet another bolt of green magic barrelling straight for them. Harry veered to the left, the bolt again missing them by feet. 'Height, we have to get some height,' Harry thought, and the ground fell much further away, the air cooling the higher they went. 'There, that should be good,' he thought. 'Muggles shouldn't be able to make us out now.' The thing was this: what now? He had never really ventured too far from the Burrow, save for the year he had met Cedric. Cedric! Of course, his parents lived close by! Now if he could just remember exactly where they had met…
"Harry… why are we… this is fucking cold up here," said Frank, pressing even closer.
"Hold the broom," Said Harry, shifting forward a bit, and slowing down. While Frank held the broom, Harry pulled off the hoodie. "Here."
"But won't you…"
"I'll be fine," said Harry, "You'll keep me warm." Frank quickly pulled on the hoodie, and then wrapped his arms around Harry's chest again. They once again sped up.
"Where are we going?"
"Cedric's parents live around here somewhere… I just can't remember exactly where," said Harry.
"What's that?" Frank pointed to the town in the distance, off to their left.
"Ottery St. Catchpole," said Harry. "No one there can help us. We need a floo." He went over the memory of him and the Weasleys meeting up with Cedric two years before. They had walked quite a distance, going right by the town before they actually met up with Cedric and his father. He pushed the broom for more speed, quickly passing the small community.
"How about there?" asked Frank, pointing off to the left again.
"I see it. That might be their place." Harry eased the broom to the left, and they began to lose altitude as they approached the property. His senses told him it was a wizarding house. Even if it wasn't the Diggorys, they would most likely have a floo connection.

oOo
Mrs. Diggory was by no means expecting visitors that Tuesday afternoon, so she was rather startled, as she worked in the front garden, when Harry and Frank touched down in the yard. "Mr. Potter! My goodness, what brings you here?" she exclaimed.
"Sorry to barge in, Mrs. Diggory," said Harry. "It's an emergency."
"An emergency? Oh dear."
"Death Eaters showed up at the Burrow, I need to use your floo."
"Yes, of course, and to alert the Aurors as well…"
"Aurors are already there, along with the Order," answered Harry. "Bloody hell, I feel like such a coward."
"Harry, don't beat yourself up, man," said Frank. "With me on the back, it would have been dangerous." He rested a hand on Harry's shoulder, giving it a squeeze.
"Yeah, I know."
"Mr. Potter, you're most certainly NOT a coward, not by my book," said Cedric's mother. "You have faced more terrifying things than many will in an entire lifetime." Harry could only nod, as they were led into the house.
"S-s-sorry again about Cedric… he… it shouldn't have happened," said Harry.
"Now I won't have you blaming yourself," said Mrs. Diggory, as they stopped at the fireplace. She thought for a moment, looking at one of the portraits of her son that beamed back at her on the mantle. "Do you have a portrait of him?"
"No, I don't."
"Then here," said Mrs. Diggory, "Take this one. I know how much my son meant to you."
"Thank you," said Harry, his mind again swimming with the memories of his fellow Hogwarts Champion, the first person to truly steal his heart. With trembling hands, he reached up, and picked up the portrait.
"I'll not keep you."
"You might want to floo to the ministry, for now. I don't think I was followed, but you can never be sure," said Harry as he pocketed the portrait. He reached into the floo pot, grabbing a handful of floo powder. He tossed it into the fire, then, taking Frank's hand, they both stepped into the fire, Harry saying "Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes!". Both vanished in the green flames. Mrs. Diggory only smiled as the flames returned to normal. "Well, dear, I think Harry's found love again," she said, looking over at a second portrait of her son.
"I reckon so, mum."

oOo
Harry and Frank again tumbled out of the grate, landing uncomfortably in the office at the twins' shop. Both quickly stood, dusting themselves off. Harry retrieved his broom, which had ended up on the other side of the room.
"You all right?"
"Yeah," said Frank.
"Back to the trunk, then," said Harry. They both touched the black panel on the trunk, which then rested close to the fireplace. Immediately upon entering the trunk, they stepped into the internal floo, returning to Harry's own trunk.

It was bedlam. That was the best description. The Weasleys were gathered at one end of the dining room, Molly in hysterics. Arthur was doing his best to comfort her and the children, and not having much success, as he himself was a wreck, emotionally.

Gerard and his band mates were nowhere to be seen; Harry assumed they were in one of the guest rooms. At least he assumed they were around.

The rest of the group gathered in the library, seated around the conference table. A number of empty potion vials scattered on the table-Harry assumed they had contained calming draughts-were a clear indicator of just how stressful the event had been.

Just then, the private floo fired again, and Minerva stepped out, looking out of sorts. "Oh thank Merlin!" she breathed, seeing Harry. She quickly cast a cleaning charm on herself and her clothing, "You all right Mr. Potter, Mr. Iero?"
"Fine, Professor," answered Harry.
"Yeah, I'm ok," answered Frank. Harry only nodded as he stepped into the library, pulling up a seat at the table. Frank quickly took the seat beside him.
"We were worried, Harry," said Hermione. "Thank Merlin you're all right."
"Bloody close," answered Harry. "If Frankie hadn't been looking behind…" The gravity of the situation struck home with those words. He could have lost him right there and then.

It seemed like an eternity before anyone spoke again.
"The Burrow was completely destroyed," said Remus. "Lestrange and two others used blasting curses against it. And Travis, your trunk was also destroyed."
"The Weasleys can stay here, we'll expand the space again," said Travis. He and his mother both looked very much shaken up from the experience. Harry nodded. "Bloody hell, what a mess. Happy FUCKING birthday…"
"You can't blame yourself…"
"Why not?! Everywhere I go, all I do is bring chaos!"
"Now do you really think that's your fucking fault, Harry?" asked Frank.
"He's right, Pot- Harry," said Severus, stepping into the room. "You know who is truly at fault, we all do."
"And just how in the world did he know Harry would be there in the first place?" asked Hermione, glaring at Severus.
"A contact at the ministry, most likely, Miss Granger," answered Severus. "I was with the Order most of the afternoon. Shacklebolt informed us about Mr. Potter being at the Burrow. The meddling old coot dragged us all there at once, as you each saw."
"Meddling old coot, I like that one," said Harry, a half-smile forming on his lips. It only lasted a moment, as the events of that afternoon still weighed heavily on his mind.
"So your ministry is full of spies, then?" asked Travis, shaking his head.
"The depth of which we do not know, Mr. Carter," answered Minerva. "The ministry has been untrustworthy since Voldemort regained his body last summer."
"I think then we can safely assume that we are truly facing a threat on two fronts," said Travis. "Voldemort and the Ministry."
"Dumbledore, too," said Harry. "Even if I get rid of Voldemort, he'll never leave me alone."
"I would suspect that that would be true, Harry," said Severus. "The old man thrives on power and control."
"Sound familiar?" asked Travis. Everyone nodded at that.
"Dumbledore might be becoming the next dark lord," said Harry. Minerva blanched at that comment; she had known Albus for so long. 'That cannot be truly happening,' she thought.

The answer came in the form of Fawkes, who appeared in front of Harry in a flash of flame, then to light onto his shoulder. He leaned down and nipped affectionately at the young wizard's ear.
"What is it, Fawkes?" asked Harry.
"Oh my," said Minerva, understanding at once what was about to happen. A silver swirl of magic surrounded bird and wizard, then vanished into them.
"The Order must be told," said Minerva, standing.
"If that's the case, I better come, too," said Remus, also standing. "I better get Arthur and Molly as well… I know they're grieving, but this is a critical matter."
"Why, what's gonna happen?" asked Harry.
"I think they're gonna force the old man to resign," Frank guessed.
"Indeed, Mr. Iero, that is exactly what we must do."
"And, do tell, who will then lead the Order?" asked Severus.
"Harry, of course," answered Sirius, from his portrait. "Fawkes has bonded with him, after all."
"No way," answered Harry. "Last thing I need is that kind of responsibility. I think Mad-Eye should, I mean, with his reputation and so on…"
"Harry, remember though, he's got ties to Dumbledore."
"Whoever takes over, and I really don't care at this point, they need to understand I won't be controlled. I know what I have to do, and if anything, help me to prepare, and help me do my job," said Harry.
"Would one of you mind sharing a pensieve memory when you get back?" asked Hermione.
"I will be sure to do that, Hermione," answered Remus, as the rest of the adults minus Lisa stood.
"So this is really a trunk?" Asked Neville, as the adults left the room.
"Yeah. Travis did most of the expansion and modification, he's absolutely brilliant with the transfiguration work." He thought for a moment. "You guys didn't lose anything important in your trunk, I hope."
"Nope. Everything was moved into our rooms before," said Travis.
"How many people are staying in your trunk, Harry?" asked Luna.
"Now, I think I've lost count," said Harry, a grin breaking out on his face, if only briefly.
"Speaking of which," said Travis, "We'll need to set up additional rooms for the Weasleys. We've only got a few guest rooms, well, now that mum and I have claimed two of them."
"Let me grab the plan," said Harry, standing. He quickly retrieved the original drawing of the trunk from his room, along with a pencil. It was a good distraction, considering everything that had transpired that day.

The plan was quickly changed to include two private 'apartments': one for the Weasleys and one for Frank's band mates. Both included a private bathroom and a large common room, along with things that would make things much more comfortable, and not so crowded. The thing was; would Molly and Arthur even want to stay?

Then, he decided against that plan. No, it would be better to just expand and add rooms to accommodate the new people. The common areas could be expanded as well, and maybe somewhere for Frank and his band mates to practice, or write, or whatever it was they did could be added. Maybe duplicate the design of the shop, which was really rather comfortable with the way Travis had it set up.
"Damn, Harry, it's…"
"If it's too much, I mean…" Harry began. It had taken him an hour to finally lay out something he truly liked.
"No, it's awesome," said Travis. "I mean, it's gonna take some time to do, and we may have to make up some temporary beds tonight, but, hell… I love it."
"Let's see," said Frank. Travis pushed the plan back across the table, and Frank looked it over. "I like the rec space."
"I had you and your band mates in mind. I was thinking something like how the shop was set up."
"Yeah, it'll be perfect," said Travis. "I can move the steam tractor in there. I don't think we'll be doing any of that tonight, though. Man, this has been a stressful day."
"You're tellin' me," said Frank. "Someone tried to kill us twice."
"Never mind that, I actually KILLED someone today. I know it was me or him, but still, it's something that… holy fuck!"
"I know exactly," said Harry. "I killed Professor Quirrell in first year because Voldemort had possessed him, and was actually living on the back of his head… like a parasite. Just like you, it was either me or him, but it still hurts. Is that your first time?"
"Yeah, it was," answered Travis. "I've seriously injured people before, but no, I've never actually killed someone before today." The conversation was interrupted, as Minerva stepped into the library, followed by Remus. Moments later, Severus followed, as did Molly and Arthur. Both the Weasleys looked rather shaken up, obviously distraught over the loss of their son.
"That was…well, interesting," said Remus. "I'm afraid I don't have a pensieve, however."
"Just a sec. I have one," said Travis, getting up. He was gone only a minute, and then returned, bringing a clay bowl. "This one's charmed like the ones our courts have, it'll project the memory on the wall so everyone can see."
"Most useful, Mr. Carter," said Minerva.
"Indeed," said Remus, drawing his wand, and extracting the desired memory. He dropped it into the pensieve, and Travis then activated it.

oOo
It had been a most stressful day for Albus Dumbledore. Not only had Harry Potter escaped his grasp, a Death Eater attack had ensued. He had seen Harry take off on his broom, along with that cursed muggle, heading northeast. He had wondered what had happened to the Boy-Who-Lived. His question was quickly answered, as Order members began to floo into the hidden location of Order Headquarters, including all of those who had stood with Harry that afternoon in opposition to him.
"A most disturbing event took place this afternoon," said Albus, hoping to gain some control over the fracturing Order.
"Indeed, it has, Albus," said Minerva, pursing her lips. "Fawkes bonded with Harry Potter a little while ago." A gasp let out from most of the others gathered.
"There has to be a mistake," said Moody.
"Believe me, I saw it to… Potter bonded with your bird, Dumbledore," said Severus.
"Most disturbing, Albus," said Moody. "I warned you this would happen."
"We all have, Alastor," said Minerva. "Albus, your meddling has cost us dearly. Knowing Mr. Potter, he may never come back, and at this rate, he will take everyone he cares about with him."
"As it stands now, we have no home," Molly began, her eyes welling up with tears. "And now we have to bury a son as well…"
"We will help you, Molly…" Albus began.
"NO! Absolutely not! You've done enough harm with your 'help', Albus!" Arthur snapped. This caught everyone off guard, this coming from someone who was normally a soft-spoken individual.
"I think the reason of our meeting is clear, then," said Minerva. "Albus, I believe it is time for you to resign. Your reputation is being called into question, and let's not forget the fact you are now considered a fugitive by two wizarding nations… I put forth a motion Albus Dumbledore be relieved as Leader of the Order of the Phoenix."
"I second that," said Severus.
"I would expect that, Snape," said Mundungus Fletcher.
"We do have to look at the fact he has caused a great deal of damage to Harry, whether it be intentional or not," said Tonks. "I have to go along with this. I saw the look of hurt in his face when we showed up today, and I never want to cause that again."
"I also have to report, the Hogwarts board of directors will be meeting tomorrow, and will most likely suspend Albus indefinitely as headmaster," said Minerva.

Albus only sighed at this point. There was no point in fighting it, as more than a few members of the Order spoke out about his manipulations. Manipulations he had viewed as being potentially harmful, but yet, necessary, for the big picture.
"If you so desire my resignation, then so you shall have it," Albus at last said. "I hereby resign as Head of the Order of the Phoenix."
"Might I suggest, you also remove the Fidelius charm on the building, so we may set up a new one, along with a new secret keeper."
"My resignation as leader is not enough?"
"As long as you're here at all, Albus, Mr. Potter won't have anything to do with the Order, and I think you realize that."
"I will not…"
"We will then meet somewhere else," said Tonks. "I believe there are many other places."
"Very well," Albus sighed, standing.

oOo
Harry watched the image as Albus left the room, seeming to have aged several years during the meeting. He briefly felt a pang of guilt, for he had, at least for the first 5 years he had known him, seen him as a grandfather figure. That guilt quickly left, as his own memories quickly reminded him of the old man's manipulations.
"If the Order wants a more secure place to meet, why not have the meetings here?" Asked Travis, "I mean, no one can get in unless they're keyed into the trunks."
"That could work quite nicely, Mr. Carter," said Minerva. "It would be a better solution, if we had just a direct floo access."
"That would break the protection though."
"Not if your floo was warded, dear," said Molly. She and Arthur were sitting side by side, holding each other close, still very much rattled by the day's events.
"If that can be done, by all means, I mean, we sort of have a public floo now. It was in my house, but after the forest fire… it was all that was left. I got to thinking, and moved it into the trunk. It still works," said Travis.
"I have a contact in floo regulation that could probably set something up… you would have to come back to London, however," said Arthur.
"Let's deal with that tomorrow," said Harry. "Who's in charge of the Order now?"
"I am," said Remus. "And you are second in command."
"What?!"
"We were serious about involving you, Harry," said Remus. "Involving you and your friends in the decisions, and more than likely, operations." Harry only nodded at this, remembering his words the previous summer at Grimmauld Place.
"What happened to Dumbledore?" asked Travis.
"We don't have any idea where he went," answered Remus. "As you saw, he just got up and left, not saying another word."
"I think he's another threat to Harry, God only knows what he'll do to him now," said Travis. There were nods of agreement.
"We should get Jeff involved again," suggested Lisa. "Cripple his finances would be a good start, after all, he DID attempt to do the same thing to Harry."
"I think that goes for ALL the people connected with Voldemort," said Travis. "Take away their money. That would be a start."
"We could do the same thing as we did with Harry," said Frank. "Get the government here to look into the finances of people that we think are supporting Voldemort."
"That is one thing that troubles me," said Minerva. "How is it a foreign government was able to force Gringotts to investigate Mr. Potter's finances?"
"That's something you will have to ask Jeff about," said Lisa.
"I think we will have a few questions for Mr. Sawyer," said Minerva.

---------------------------------------------
AUTHOR NOTES: After 12 chapters without a peep from Voldemort's Death Eaters, this had to happen, as did the brief confrontation between Harry and Dumbledore. It might have seemed a little quick, and perhaps didn't highlight exactly all the action that took place, but once again, I remind everyone, my focus will usually stay with Harry. He happened to be on his broom, and with Frank on the back, is he really gonna risk the life of the person he loves? I do think Harry has a load of common sense, for the most part.
Sign up to rate and review this story