Categories > Books > Outsiders > We'll Be Back

Chapter 10

by xemmiex 0 reviews

Category: Outsiders - Rating: G - Genres:  - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2008-06-24 - Updated: 2008-06-24 - 2386 words

0Unrated
I know Chapter 9 was short and well… VERY to the point Gimmie a break, I was tired lol XD I was trying to make Soda work harder to tell him, but if I did that then I be sucked into Pony not telling him at all XD lol BUT to make up for it… this chapter will hopefully be long, and if not this one then chapter 11 will. Okay? I’m glad everyone liked it though!

BTW: There will be a lot, and I mean ALOT of Pony torcher in this story!
Sorry to everyone who loves him, I do to! But its always makes the best Fan fictions. It’ll have a happy ending though…… I think. But there may always be a sequel if there isn’t.

PS: I like writing about ideas that the reviewers write. So if you have one, don’t hesitate to tell me about it! THANKS!


********


CHAPTER 10 - Ponyboy’s POV

When I woke up, Sodapop wasn’t beside me. Instead Johnny was. He was stretched out on Soda’s side, sound asleep. He had a split lip, bruises covering his body, and a black eye almost covering the whole right side of his face.

There were hushed voices coming from the living room, to me it sounded like the rest of the gang was there. I heard Darry’s voice, then one that I think was Soda’s. He wouldn’t tell, he promised! But he already hated me, thought I was a dirty perverted pig. So what would stop him from telling Darry everything? I had to stop him, even though Johnny didn’t hate me and he knew, didn’t mean everybody else wouldn’t. Johnny was different, sensitive and understanding. The gang was tough, hard, unfeeling.

I pulled the covers away from me and slowly got to my feet. My backside still felt like it was on fire from last night, and I couldn’t get rid of the sham from what happened at the lot today. The voices were still playing in my head and their faces flashed before my eyes. My legs were heavy and my arms were throbbing. There were bruises you could see all over my body. They were running the whole length of my arms and vanished under the sleeves of my T-shirt. Covering my hips, thighs and waist were huge purple bruises that still hurt a lot when I touched them.

I hated people seeing my body now, I hated seeing it. It made me feel sick.
I walked over to the closet and started looking for something more to wear. I pulled out one of Darry’s old black sweat shirts from when he played football. On the back was our last name C U R T I S and Darry’s jersey number 7. It was at least 8 sizes to big, but it covered me up real good. At one of the back corners I found a pair of plad PJ pants that use to belong to Soda. He gave them to me after he ripped a huge hole in each knee, but I never wore them. When I slid them on, they covered my feet completely and I had to tie the draw strings as tight as they would go, but they covered my legs and the bruises that reminded me of those Socs.

I opened the door as quietly as I could, I didn’t want to wake up Johnnycakes. The voices were louder now, but I still couldn’t make out what they were saying. I stopped at the end of the hall and peered around the corner. Darry was sitting in his chair staring across the room where Sodapop was. Soda had tears running down his face and sat beside a very confused looking Steve. Two-Bit had his back to the TV. It wasn’t on and that was a first in our house. And Dallas was standing at the entrance of the kitchen, taking a swig from his beer bottle.

“Come on Soda.” Darry sounded impatient. “just tell us what he told you!”
Everyone in the room was staring at Sodapop by now. I can’t believe it! He’s going to tell them! Sodapop promised me. I love him more than anything else, how could he do this to me! I wanted to stop him. Run in the room and scream at him for breaking our promise. But I couldn’t move. I was glued to my spot and my mouth wasn’t working.

“… he uh…” Soda was shaking and the tears kept falling from his brown eyes. “The Socs rrr…” He couldn’t find the right words.

“Just tell us what happened Soda!” He said it a little harsh, but Dallas Winston hates to be kept waiting. Soda snapped.

“THEY RAPED HIM! OKAY?” He just screamed it, to everyone in the room. Dally dropped his beer bottle and had a shocked expression on his face. I couldn’t read what Two-Bit thought, but there was no trace of a smile on his face at all. Steve was just staring at Sodapop who had his head in his hands, bawling like a baby. He so ashamed of me he’s crying! Darry shout outta his chair.

“WHAT!?” He screamed it so loud he must have woken up the whole neighbourhood. I let out a startled whimper that caused everyone’s heads to shoot in my direction. Turning around, I booked it down the hall as fast as I could and locked my bedroom door behind me.


Dallas’ POV

“Just tell us what happened Soda!” I snapped. I knew the kid was torn up about something, but I hated it when people don’t tell me what I wanna know. Something inside Soda snapped. He screamed.

“THEY RAPED HIM! OKAY?” Then he collapsed onto the couch bawling his eyes out. It was like a slap in the face. I dropped my beer bottle and it smashed onto the floor.

“WHAT!?” The sound of Darry’s voice bounced off the walls. He looked about ready to kill someone. I’d join him to. Pony’s just a kid!! We all heard a whimper and turned around to see a very pale Ponyboy standing at the opening of the hallway. Silent tears were slipping outta his eyes and drenching his face. Then he turned around and ran down the hall slamming his door. None of us knew what to do, we were just staring at each other.

A couple seconds later we heard a loud thud coming from Ponyboy’s bedroom followed by deafening sobs.


Ponyboy’s POV

After I slammed the door I saw Johnny sitting up on the bed, his eyes sticking out of his head. He musta heard everything. Can’t blame him either, Sodapop basically screamed it to everyone within a mile of our house. How could he do that to me? I hate Sodapop Curtis! I hate him! I sudden urge to hit something came over me. I was madder then I ever remember being. I turned around a slammed my fist angst the wall. I shout a jolt of pain up my arm, but it was welcomed. Pain was starting to feel good to me now, but only if I inflicted it on myself.


I went to punch the wall again, but someone pulled me away from it by my waist. I tried to get away but all my energy left me. I slumped to the floor, dragging Johnny with me. He wrapped me up in his arms and slowly rocked us back and forth.

“Everything gonna be okay Pone.” Johnny whispered in my ear. “I got you.” Then the floodgates burst and I burrow into Johnny’s chest, bawling me eyes out. He smoothes my hair, he’s crying to and he tries to comfort me. He tells me that everything will be alright, I’m safe now and my brothers and the gang will protect me. I know it’s not true, but it helps for Johnny to say it.

A loud pounding on the door makes me jump.

“Ponyboy, open up!” It’s Darry. Johnny makes a move to get up but I grab him around the waist a burry my face into his neck. He starts rubbing my back to help me relax, I hadn’t realized I was shaking.

“Come on kid! We need to talk to you.” That’s Two-Bit.

“Open this damn door!” That was Dallas. He’s pounding on the door so much it looks like it’s going to break. Then it stops and I hear a softer knock.

“Pone, come on hon. Open the door.” Sodapop… He was the last person I wanted to talk to right now. I couldn’t help it, it just came out.

“GO AWAY SODA! I HATE YOU! THIS IS ALL YOU’RE FALT!” Johnny was staring at me with a sad look on his face. “JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” My voice cracked.

“Just… leave me alone.” He grabbed me tighter and started to rock us again. More tears were spilling out of my eyes and soaking the front of Johnny’s shirt.

“DON’T YOU DARE TALK TO SODA LIKE THAT YOU STUPIED FUCKING BRAT!” Steve screamed at the top of his lungs. I never liked Steve, but that just made me cry harder. “Maybe you deserved it huh? Ever think of that!?” I heard the sound of a fist connect with flesh and someone fall onto the floor.

“Get the fuck outta my house Steve!” Darry sounded pissed and I’d hate to see the look in his eyes right now. Then there was the sound of footsteps and the front door slam shut. The house fell silent again, the only sound you could hear were my sobs and sniffles.

“Ponyboy, come on man, just let us in.” asked Dally. His voice was soft and sounded concerned but I didn’t fall for it. I knew what they were really thinking about me. The all agreed with Steve, but he was the only one with the guts to say it to my face.


Darry’s POV

I couldn’t believe it, Socs raped my little brother. I’d kill them when ever I got my hands on them!

Right after Steve left, the sobs from Pony’s room got louder to the point where he was almost screaming. I’m scared. I hate to admit it but I am. I’m scared about what this’ll do to Pony, what’s going to happen to him. I’m scared they’ll try again, and Social Services will find out about it. They’ll take him away then none of us will ever seen him again. And I’m scared about what he said to Soda. Pony loves Soda more then anyone and now he says he hates him. When Soda heard that he started bawling again and Two-Bit had to take him to my room to calm down.

Now it was just me and Dally standing in the middle of the hall, trying to convince Pony and Johnny to let us in. I needed to know if Pony was alright, to make sure he wasn’t hurt to bad by them. I knew he was hurt emotionally, even though I didn’t know how bad, but I needed to check if they caused a lot of physical damage. He might need to go to the hospital.

Two-Bit walked out of my room and had a sad look plastered on his face.

“You should go in there.” Two-Bit said nodding towards my room. “you’ll do more good then me anyway.” I looked at Dally who nodded at me to go. Besides, if anyone could get Johnny to open the door, it’d be Dallas.

Sodapop was lying on his stomach with his face burred into my pillow. I walked over to him and sat on the edge of my bed. When I reached out and placed my hand on his back, he turned over to face me. There were tear tracks running down his cheeks and his eyes were red and swollen.

“Why do I haft be so stupid Dar?” Soda sniffed. “he didn’t want me to tell anyone, I should hav-” I cut him off.

“No Soda. You needed to tell us, you did the right thing.” He sat up and buried his head in my shoulder. “Now we can help him.”

“Why does he hate me then?” Soda asked in a whinny voice that made him sound like he was five instead of seventeen.

“He doesn’t.” I responded. “Pony’s just confused right now is all.”


Ponyboy’s POV

“Johnny!” Dallas yelled. “Open this door right now!” The harshness in his voice scared me. I didn’t want to face the gang. I only wanted to be with Johnny right now.

“Come on you guys.” Two-Bit let out a sigh and knocked on he door. My crying had died down to the occasional sob, but I still didn’t want Johnny to get up. I felt safe in his arms. He didn’t judge me like everyone else, I could always be myself around him. He always knew how to make me feel better, always knew what to do.

“Johnny, just make em leave… please” He nodded and slowly got to his feet. I watched him as he walked to the door and unlocked it. He stepped out into the hall closing it behind him. I couldn’t understand what they were saying but Johnny had a small smile on his face when he came back in, locking the door behind him.

He helped me to my feet and lead me over to the bed. Throwing the covers back he let me lay down before he slipped in beside me. I felt safe like that, with baggy clothes covering my beaten body, Johnny’s arms wrapped protectively around me, and a locked door keeping me away from everybody else in the gang.


********


Well, I guess you guys weren’t expecting that huh? LOL I just make Pony tell Soda and now he hates him. Sorry, but I’m just trying to make it more realistic. Hope you enjoyed.
Sign up to rate and review this story