Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Specialis

Chapter 5

by Felinity 0 reviews

Harry slips up and accidentally threatens his uncle with magic after Voldemort returns and the abuse becomes worse. What can harry do and why does he have Voldemorts ring? How could it help him?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry,Tom Riddle,Voldemort - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-06-30 - Updated: 2008-06-30 - 2361 words

2Original
Disclaimer: I do not own harry potter or anything to do with harry potter that all belongs to the fantastic J.K.R

Specialis (- Secrets )

Harry’s head shot up at the ‘click’ that signalled the first lock to his room had been opened.

He had learned the sound of each of the seven locks on his bedroom door out of fear, knowing it took his uncle exactly 1 minute and 20 seconds in total to open his door, adding another 30 seconds as well as furiously shouted insults and curses if he was angry . Harry knew it wasn’t the latter by the unhurried clanking of the keys as the locks were turned. But it still didn’t make him feel safe.

Looking around he saw a ray of light through the side of his curtains telling him his usual wake up time had been and gone a while ago.

Oh shit.. he’d slept in! His uncle was going to kill him.

The door opened as he scrambled from the bed “I’m sorry Vernon, I-It won’t happen .. I didn’t realise the time…” harry stuttered as he made a dive to his draws, grabbing any clothes to throw on in his hurry to get out before his uncle beat him as punishment.

“BOY!” his uncle bellowed. Harry spun around to face the over weight man at his ‘name’, sitting in his boxers with his back to the open draws.

“y-yes…uncle?” he asked timidly. Shaking from fear as the man held what looked like a new belt in one hand, not even registering the clothes in his other hand until they were thrown at him.

The fabric snapped him out of his fear long enough to catch to belt and look to his uncle with confusion. “We are having a guest round today, a nice friend of petunia’s. You are going to clean the living room before cooking the dinner petunia has left the recipe for on the counter in the kitchen. You will set the table for five and have dinner with us, for which you will be silent unless you are spoken too, do I make myself clear?”

Harry nodded slowly at his uncles stern command for dinner and Vernon added at his nephew’s confused look “Petunia let slip you were here and the women seems to love children –god knows why- she wants to see both of you no matter what we say about you and your freakiness.” Harry let understanding cross his face, unfazed by the insulting comment. “You have five minutes, come on boy, move!”

Harry raced to the bathroom as soon as his uncle moved from the door way. Feeling the man’s hand strike out to grip a handful of his hair before he made it to the door of his destination; Harry grit his teeth as his head was forced back and he heard his uncle say “and no freakiness, or else” in a threatening tone, before a hand came down harshly on his backside where his uncle knew was still sore from the belt lashes a few nights ago. With that, the boy was shoved inside the tiled room to get ready.

~~~~~

A few hours later found Harry clean and dressed - in clothes that actually fit him for once – sitting at the table in the Dursleys kitchen.

It felt strange, being able to eat with his relatives like a normal family. He certainly couldn’t remember any other time it had happened. He had been used to one small meal a day either in his cupboard or in his bedroom, until his first day at Hogwarts. It really felt strange, also, having clothes that fit him instead of Dudley’s old hand-me-downs. It seemed like he had spent most of his time pulling his jeans up or rolling the sleeves up to make them suitable for his small, malnourished frame.

He turned to their guest as soon as he had poured their drinks, repeatedly acting helpful –at his uncles nudging from next to him. She seemed really quite nice, making him wonder how his aunt was friends with her.

Bella Clove would not really be considered pudgy but she had a lot more to her than his aunt although she was shorter; which did not make her grip any weaker as he found out when she hugged both youths at the front door. Harry had noticed even Dudley had looked a bit winded after his hug.

The women seemed to be in her late thirties and had short bleach blond hair that reminded him of Rita Skeeter, the journalist at the Tournament. And, Harry concluded as he listened to her chatter on and on about metals and stone’s, she could have some Hufflepuff’s to shame with her cheery and dramatised rambling.

Even when Harry lay the food out on the table in front of her, she had only paused to pick up her knife and fork.

Harry began to walk to his place to her right to set his own food down when he heard a clatter of metal hitting the table and his hand was jerked back so hard, he had to gather his balance so his food didn’t fly off his plate.

His head whipped around and swore under his breath as he saw Bella staring in awe at the ring on his left hand. The dark lords ring. Even when the dark wizard is hundreds of miles away, he still gets me into trouble.

Carefully setting his plate down, Harry watched as the Dursley’s gathered round to see what the fuss was about.

“Harry this is beautiful, where did you get it? It’s so marvellously crafted. The highest standard…… and the design is gorgeous.. certainly one of a kind..” Bella continued muttering under her breath, pulling out what looked like a miniature telescope to look closely at the ring.

Harry sighed before looking up to his uncle’s threateningly curious expression. ”Yes .. that’s what I’d like to know”the man said to harry.

“It’s from a friend” Harry answered quickly.

Bella looked up at him with an odd expression, smiling like she new some secret, before jumping up at him, effulging him in a tight hug and managing to startle the Dursley’s. “Oh Harry” she said, like she had just received some brilliant news. “oh I’m so happy for you. I hope you do realise I will expect an invitation, oh but this is so wonderfull…”

“What… invitation? … to what?”

“ohh when is it? I’ll have to book it in my planner. I can’t miss this, being such a good friend of petunia…. Ohh I’m getting emotional now… ohh get the champagne Veron..”

“…when is what? … emotional?… champagne?...”

“Now see here..” Veron tried to interrupt, finally smacking himself out of the daze of the womens words.

“oh I’ll have to meet him. What is he like now?.. I’m sure he’s very handsome and rich mind you, getting rubies and emeralds into a ring… ohh come here dear .. sit, sit.” She coxed him into a seat next to her’s where she once again sat down.

He had a headache. He hadn’t a clue what the women was jabbering on about but it was making Veron stressed which didn’t bode too well for him. The fact that he was being spoken too and paid attention too wasn’t a good thing usually, taking the spot light from the Dursley’s, they didn’t really like that.

“What are you talking about Bella!” this time petunia had managed speak up, cutting through the womens’ chatter.

“The wedding!” Bella stated as if it were obvious.

“Wedding?!” the dursley’s and harry asked in the same disbelieving tone. Even Dudley had looked up from his food, looking at the women like she had gone mad.

“Yes” the women stated to harry’s hand in her’s, where the sliver ring lay innocently on his finger “This is an engagement ring, and a very nice one from what I can see. Exquisite really. He has very good taste.”

“HE?” Harry blurted, now more bothered about getting to the bottom of the women’s’ madness than the consequences later.

“Yes of course.. don’t be ashamed Harry. My son and in fact two of my cousins are involved with men, and what charming men they are. Such gentlemen’s….. and anyway, it is my business to know that only a man would have this sort of exquisite taste in jewellery, and that such a fine balance between simple and rich design would only be appreciated by another male… women are always either two plain or two glittery” she waved her hand as her face turned from cheery to dislike for a second, then back to happy for the imaginary wedding.

“But-but.. I’m not…” he tried, looking to the Dursleys and just seeing shock in their expressions from her explanations.

Then an idea hit him. What if he could turn the conversation around to his advantage? Veron won’t punish him if Bella goes away happy and spreads a good word around for the Dursleys. The way things are going there was no way he can get out of her set opinion of him without making her disappointed, which will defiantly equal to a severe punishment. If he could just go along with it, she will be happy at least and I can have a mostly painless sleep.. yes that does sound good.

“So, what is this luck boy’s name?” bella asked, her excitement making her bounce slightly on her chair.

He sighed, here goes nothing. “Tom Riddle”

Bella squealed in delight.

~~~~~~~~

Harry had answered most of her questions on the mysterious Tom, which Harry had found it easier to just use the information he knew about the younger Voldemort from the chamber of secrets and from books he had read. The rest he had made up, like how they met and how old he was since she probably wouldn’t cope very well with the answers of ‘he tried to kill me’ and the 50 year age gap.

With the wedding questions he had tried to dodge them, ignore them and just tell her it wasn’t happening but eventually settled – after much debate- on the story that there were too young to get married and that he would send her the wedding invitation when they decided they were ready.

It had been okay making up a fantasy boyfriend but when Harry realised who it was based on he just wanted to end the conversation. So 10 minutes later he had finally talked her into going to look at petunia’s jewellery insted.

His aunt had surprised him when she protested. Through out the conversation petunia had become quite engrossed in the discussion of ‘Tom’ and had been festinated with the ring as well, most likely wondering how much it cost. Harry had had to persuade both of them to leave him alone.

The two women had walked from the room laughing and conversing when he had suddenly realised he had just left himself in the room with Vernon.

Harry was about to turn around before he was forcefully pushed against the wall in front of him. His uncle closed the door with one hand and held him in place with the other then moving behind him and twisting his arm back making Harry cry out.

His mouth was covered with a large hand and Harry screwed his eyes shut as his uncle leaned into all the newly healed belt lashes along his back and thighs. “You’ve been a very good boy tonight and even managed to turn a bad situation into a good one, so I won’t punish you for now… but this tom fellow…”

“mhffpphh” Vernon pulled his hand away from harry’s mouth slightly so he could make out what he was saying “I made a lot of it up.” He said breathing heavy from the ache on his back. ”you will probably never see tom we hate each other, the ring was a present from tom’s snake.” He finished quickly.

“Okay” said his uncle, hearing the women coming back down the stairs “I’ll let you off tonight but if any of those freaky people come to this house to see you…” he threatened.

“They won’t” he promised but gasped in pain as hands roughly griped the top of the back of his thighs where the skin is the most sensitive with the cuts.

It was a warning and a reminder of what would happen if he didn’t live up to his promise.

Sighing in relief as he was freed of the weight on his back, he made his way to the bathroom first to fish out his colour tinted contacts that hid the red flecks tainting his green eyes and then to his room where he clasped on his bed and gave the ring a last glance before putting his glasses on the night stand and falling into a sleep filled with a dream of facing a man with red eyes and saying ‘I do’ while thinking, the bloody women’s got to me in my sleep now. If only voldemort knew, he’d laugh himself to death.

Mean while a snickering snake looked on as her plan began to unfold…..

A/N: its getting there I’m finding time to do odd bits of chapter then put them together at strange times but oh well. This was really just an incite into the ring and the abuse harry gets, sorry if Vernon was too ‘touchy feely’ for some people. This is not going to end up a rape fic. I’d never dream of doing it but I have just read a fic with a more pedo Vernon which was creapy but it all worked out in the end, I think its still in my head tho. Eww but yeah I got it out onto the story. Anyway review please, thanks.
Sign up to rate and review this story