Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Rebirth

His thoughts

by artemis_the_hunter 0 reviews

"I'm Miroku Houshi. It's always nice to meet another pretty woman."

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-02-22 - Updated: 2006-02-22 - 1392 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha...as usual...

Rebirth

Chapter 2 - His thoughts

"...and that every one is the actual truth." Kagome finished.

"Objection-"

"Your objection is not permitted, Mr Ko." The judge cut in, "I've decided, Miss Higurashi's client, Mr Ookami is innocent and Naraku will be sent to jail, but with over 7 cases of murder and death on your trail, I don't think 20 years is enough for you in prison." The judge added thoughtfully.

Kagome smirked at her opponent triumphantly and mouthed, "Game over. You lose, I win." She breathed a sigh of relief. Naraku always have to be the bad guy even 600 years later. She smiled and shook her head. 'Ah well, at least the good always win in the end.' She thought. 'And Kouga-kun is alright in the end.' She stood up and led her friend out of the court smiling in victory. Kagome Higurashi never loses and refuses to work with he 'bad guys' and that was why she was famous. It doesn't matter for the fact that good guys were rare, but that's why she got a double degree for law and merchant banking, right? She chuckled to herself as Kouga ran to her, panting.

"Hey kags, thanks for bailing me out."

"But Kouga, you didn't do anything wrong, it was Naraku's fault."

"Yeah, but it's not the first time I got intotrouble."

"Hey, that what friends are for, right?"

Kouga smiled somewhat sadly and muttered, "If only you'd remember."

"Huh?" Kagome foreigned ignorance. 'Please don't start about it now, Kouga' she thought frantically. Everyoneshe lied to th about her forgetting, she'll be sent on a guilt trip for days and she didn't want to start again. Kouga shook his head and smiled, "nothing, don't worry about it Kags."

"Well, Kouga, you coming tonight?"

"Of course!" he puffed up his chest and continued, "Can't let The King get all the credit for the ritual, right?"

She laughed heartily and said, "Well, I'll see you tonight then?"

"Yeah, see you then."

She was about to go to her car when she heard someone call her name. She turned around and saw Sango walking towards her with someone behind her. When she realied who it was she nearly lost her balance. It was Miroku. She hasn't seen him yet in this life, how did they find each other? Jealously tugged in her chest. 'No Kagome! Don't think like this!' she screamed at herself inside. As they reache closer, she forced a smile on her face and hugged Sango. When she reached for a handshake from Miroku, he grasped it and asked instead, "Will you do the honor of bearing my child?" She sighed. Typical. Some things just never change. She was about to act angry and slap him when Sango used her suitcase and bopped him on the head and said, "Miroku-sama, consider youself lucky that I left Hirukasu(sp?) at home today." He gulped and laughed nervously.

Kagome blinked and bursted out laughing. They stared at her and shrugged, looking at each other. But inside, Kagome was trying very hard not to cry because of this simple, but familiar action. It's been so long since she had seen Miroku and she felt like hugging him so hard that he can't breath. But she can't, so instead she said, "Kagome Higurashi, and yours? Houshi-sama?" she smirked as they looked at her with bulging eyes.

"Your aura?" she offered.

"Ah...right. I'm Miroku Houshi. It's always nice to meet another pretty woman."

She raised an eyebrow at him. Sango snorted, "Don't worry about him Kagome, just his 'wandering hands' He's the biggest pervert I've ever met." Kagome shook her head, smiled and thought, 'Even in this life...' "Why Sango, you hurt me." Miroku said.

"Anyway, when did you guys meet?" Kagome asked, it was a good thing that she takes acting lessons before in university.

"Well, we've known each other for a long, long time." Sango shot Miroku a knowing glance. Kagome laughed again when a slap was heard and Sango was fuming over Miroku. 'Should have noticed that coming,' Kagome sighed and said. "Well, you two love birds hangout somewhere until the meet and I'll see you guys there." She laughed as Sago turned bright red and she walked to her car and left for her office. Luckily, this is the last case for the day.

Sango turned to Miroku and said, "See? I told you. Her soul has simply forgotten." There were times though when she saw the old Kagome has resurfaced back to them, but those moment were always short and rare. How could she forget? The main character somehow forgets, but the others remember. It was so unfair. Miroku "mmm-ed" and she felt a hand moving southwards on her back. Veins popped out and a resounding lap was heard again. 'Some things never change, huh?' She thought with a sigh. "Well, Sango. I think I'd better go and get prepare for the meet." He turned and went into his car, before he closed his door, he said again. "I don't think Kagome-sama's soul really has forgotten. Maybe it just doesn't want to reveal itself to us yet." She stood there, stunned. What? Before she could ask what he had meant, he'd already driven off. She sighed and hoped whatever he'd said was right.

Inuyasha was angry. In fact he was flaming up. The annual meet is tonight and he was forced to attend. Then his dad had 'hinted' that he would have to be introduced to the people there, especially with the High Priestess, whoever she is. That means socializing. Great, his favourite hobby. He's crap at it and always ended up snapping at others instead. There were only a few that can actually bear his temper. Miroku, Kikyo(sometimes even she can't), Sango(though he hasn't met her for 600 years, but still), Rin, Shippou and ... a stab of pain pricked in his heart. It hurts to just think of her. Especially when he always see her everywhere.

Everyone thought that he must be crazy to not have any feelings for Kikyo. She's a girl that every man wants. Elegance, maturity, beauty, figure and grace, but he's just interested in one person. Another stab of pain. 600 years had passed and he had been re-born. When he remembered his past the only people he had met intil now were Miroku and Kikyo. It's not that he wasn't glad, but the one girl he loved, the one girl who he longed so much who held his heart for over 600 years, hasn't appeared yet. Not a single minute in his new born life had he not longed for her.

His mind wandered back when he was 17 years old. One day, he had promised Kikyo to show her a book he had found recently. When he was talking to her, for a split second, he smelt lavender. Her scent, it is also mingled with salt. He heard a whimper and because of that his heart felt like it's dying. However, when he was about to go and investigate, with his heart pounding so hard againt his chest that he thought that it would fly out, Sesshoumaru appeared and dragged him out of that library. He nearly wanted to kill him at that moment, but he calmed down eventually and told himself that it might just be his imagination. Besides, why would she be in his house? But the memory still stays and stuck out like a sore thumb. What if she really was here? Only that thought gave his heart such a pain, it felt like someone had stabbed him with a knife and twisted it. No, it can't be her. If it was, she would have come out. 'But you were with Kikyo' a traitorous voice said in his mind. 'Anyone would have taken that wrong especially her when you haven't met her for 600 years.' His heart clenched. 'No, it couldn't be.' He thought vigorously. 'Kagome won't do that.' He growled. There's no point lying to himself. The answer is obvious. She would leave, thinking that he had loved Kikyo more. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He really should stop arguing with himself. He looked at the clock. 4.00, he groaned. He'd better start to prepare for the meet, or he'd be dead meat.

End of Chapter 2
Sign up to rate and review this story