Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Rebirth

The Meet

by artemis_the_hunter 0 reviews

"Hi. I'm Kagome Higurashi, the High Priestess and protecter of the Shikon no Tama. Nice to meet you, Inuyasha."

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-02-22 - Updated: 2006-02-22 - 1375 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Inuyasha

Rebirth

Chapter 3 - The Meet

She groaned. Why does she have to wear this? Can't she just wear the same miko clothes as others? No. She has to be to the High Priestess and wear this. 'Ugh' she thought, 'Let's just get this over and done with.' She slipped into the white shirt that has long flared out sleeves and put on the red skirt that reaches her knees. Great, she was gonna boil up, and she hadn't got her cloak on; it was black with only a piece of string tied across her shoulders. She really didn't see the point for this. She slipped into her black wooden flipflops and clanked around. Apparently she has to put a black veil on in case some evil person shoots her when they see her after tonight. That sounds comforting. She sighed and put her veil on then hung the Shikon no Tama round her neck and got ready to go into the hall where the meeting takes place.


The doors opened and she walked in with her head held high and proud. MIkos filed in after her. She looked around and saw that The King was there already with his family and demons from tribes behind him. Then she saw a pair of dog ears. On no. No no no no no! Why is he here? Why does fate have to be so harsh on her? She stared at him. He was talking to Miroku with a scowl on his face. She sighed. Lucky that she has the veil on or he'll recognize her. Her heart clenched when she saw Kikyo walking towards him in her miko outfit. She tore her gaze away from them and saw that Sango was already there and she was talking with her brother, Kouhou. She caught her eye and they smiled at each other then Sango went back to her brother.


Then the King turned to her and she gave him a curt nod to tell him that the meeting can be started any minute as everyone is here already. He stood up and at once all the attention was focused on him.

"It is time, let the meeting for mikos, demons, monks and demon exerminators start."

Everyone went to their seats and listened closely. Kagome looked around. Sango is sitting next her dad in the front of the demon exerminators as he is the chief. Miroku is sitting in front with the chief of monks as he is his grandson. She turned to look at the King and saw that Inuyasha is looking impatient already, with Sesshoumaru next to him with no expression as always. She idly wondered, 'what will happen if he trips?' She snorted in a very unlady-like way to stop laughter bursting out. She walked to her seat in front of the mikos and stood up in front of her seat.

"Thank you for coming this year. As usual, I, the High Priestess will start the Tree ritual. Then the King and the others will join in behind me."

There was nothing in the middle of the Great Hall and she walked over and stood there. She placed her hand in front of her with her palms up and murmured the ancient spell passed down from so long ago, soon, she started to glow blue and a wind picked up and blew on her face. Then in front of her, a tree grew with golden bark and silver leaves. The King left his seat with a big mirror that is decorated with rubies and gems in the frame and stood behind Kagome. He put the mirror down on the polished tiles on the ground, took out a sword and jabbed it down and the mirror broke. Pieces of glass shattered around on the ground. Then, Kagome turned around and everyone in the room started chanting,

"Gods and Goddesss, tonight, the mikos, youkais, demon exerminators and monks will renew the deal we made so long ago and keep us in peace and harmony with other."

The wind stopped and the shattered pieces of glass from the mirror flew back to the frame into place as if nothing has happened. The tree had vanished and Kagome said with Inutashio to everyone,

"It is done."

Then people started to file out. As Kagome turned to walk back to the mikos, Inutashio stopped her.

"Miko you have done well today. I would like you to meet my two sons later at my house later at 8.00. You could stay for supper too."

She gave him a curt nod and went to change back into her clothes.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Inuyasha paced around his room. The High Priestess, 'Who is she?' he groaned out. She had been paguing his mind ever since the meeting and it has only been 2 hours since. She reminded him of someone, but couldn't quite figure it out. And his dad had said that he invited her for supper. Good , she had a veil on in the meet, now he can look at her, then he would know who she was. His gaze swept around the room and landed on Tessuiga. He looked at the clock another 2 hours till eight, will then he can go work in the dojo. He grabbed his sword trying to force down the memories that surfaced whenever he picked his sword up, the times when he risked his life to protect her. His heart clenched painfully. He would still do it if her life was in danger in this time, but the problem was that he didn't know where she is! He growled in frusteration. 'Damit Kagome where are you?' He closed his eyes and took a deep breadth and sighed. No matter how hard he tried, she would just be in his mind. His fingers reached to his neck where a rosy hung there innocently...Kagome....


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It was 7.15 and she was right outside his house now. She was wearing a butten-up white blouse and a pair of jeans. Inutashio told her to come 45 minutes earlier and now here she was standing in front of his house. Outside she looked calm and ready, but inside, it will be a different story. Inutashio had said that she would meet his sons. 'That is just great' she muttered to herself darkly. ' Meeting Sesshoumaru is fine, but Inuyasha? God, what should I do???' Well, like it or not she would have to face it. She took a deep breadth to calm herself and went in.

A maid took her coat and hung it on the wall peg in the cloakroom and she went into the hall and saw Sesshoumaru. He stood up from the desk he was at, reading the paper and shook her hand.

"It's been quite a while. Miss Higurashi."

She gave him a smile and he said,

"Father wants you to meet Inuyasha, my half brother.'

She blinked.

"Oh, that's great, straight away."

She looked at him and said,
"Well, it will be my pleasure to meet your brother then."

"Half."

"Huh?"

"My Half brother."

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Typical.


She followed him along some corridors for about 3 minutes or so and they stopped at a door. It was made of steel and she thought. 'God, is he really that crazy? That they have to lock him in a metal prison thing?' But when the door opened, she realized that it was a dojo. Inside she could see Inuyasha wearing a red shirt and a baggy pair of black trousers, swiching his transformed Tessuiga around. He stopped when he noticed their presence. She forced a smile on to her face and pushed the panicking voice in her head away. But her smile became more and more easy as she approached him and it had transformed into a big happy smile when she reached him. She looked at him. He looked exactly the same after she saw him in the library. He was staring at her like she was a ghost, but she ignored his expression and held out her hand for a handshake and said,

"Hi. I'm Kagome Higurashi, the High Priestess and protecter of the Shikon no Tama. Nice to meet you, Inuyasha."

End of Chapter 3
Sign up to rate and review this story