Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Bury Me In Memory

Bury Me In Memory

by outxofxstyle 2 reviews

Reyna Wentz finally reunites with her long lost cousin, Pete... and meets all of his friends.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-01 - Updated: 2008-07-02 - 1173 words - Complete

0Unrated
Reyna:

The fog surrounded the bus as we slowly pulled into the Wilmette transportation station.
I hadn't been back to Wilmette in years. Not since mom and dad had died. The station looked the same. Old and severely out-dated.

As we unboarded, I turned off my discman and gathered up my notebook and charcoal pencils. My hands were trembling as I scooped up my pencils and pieces of tattered tissue, torn into strips for blending. I was so nervous. I'd get to see Pete again. I hadn't seen him since I got sent to my uncle's house in Ohio. Ohio was too far away. I'd try to run away from that hell hole numerous times, but I'd never gotten far, but now that I'm eighteen, Uncle Frank can't do a damn thing.

After the car crash, I was taken to court, to see which family member I would get "stuck with", as Uncle Frank so kindly put it. Uncle Dale fought for me whole heartedly, but the judge decided that Uncle Frank was more "financally stable" as a single man with a debt and mortgage free house, rather than Uncle D with Pete, Andrew and Hillary all living in the same small house in Wilmette. So, I was shipped off to Cleveland.

As I stepped off of the charter bus, and gathered the rest of my luggage, I walked out to the RTA bus stop, in the humid summer air, and waited. After about two minutes, I was on my way.

I walked up the stone pathway to the side door of the two story brick house. It was just as I remembered it, but with a fresh coat of paint on all of the wood work. I rapped lightly on the side door, and was suddenly embraced with a warm hug. I smiled as a slight sigh escaped from my lips, and laughed.

"Reyna!" Hillary gasped into my right eardrum. I was all smiles. I wouldn't have traded this moment for a lifetime worth of shows.

"Hey Hill!" I shouted equally as joyful into her left ear. We had been planning this visit as a surprise for Pete ever since I turned seventeen and a half. I, Reyna Elaine Wentz, was going to be a part of the Wentz's again.

After about a half an hour of catching up, I asked Hillary where Pete was, and if I could go see him.

"He's down the road playing soccer on the field with some of his buddies." she smiled. "Go on and see him. Just follow the road east until you hit a park... and the field should be there."

After shedding my sweatshirt, and sprinting the oh-so familiar path to the soccer field that Pete and I had played on so many times as children, I arrived at the dilapidated park. Some stands had been placed on the sidelines, and more offical goals had been set up. As I came over the hill, I saw about 10 teenage guys kicking around a ball, and another guy sitting on the stands, playing with a leather cuff that was snapped around his right wrist.

I saw a dark skinned boy running towards the ball, his forehead covered in sweat. His long dark bangs streaked with a faded orange flopped into his eyes right before he tossed his head back and slammed into the ball. That was him. That was my Peter. My flesh and blood.

Hillary had told me that Pete was an amazing soccer player, and I wanted to observe him in his natural element, so I slowly approched the lonely alumninum stands. The boy who was probably around my age, had been seated there watching the game glanced up from underneath his cap as I sat about 7 feet away from him.
"Hey." I smiled. He blushed, and turned his gaze back towards the game.
"Hey."


__________
Patrick:

Wow. Not the most flirtatious statement I could have conjured up. I felt my face turn a brighter shade of rose. As I watched my best friends, Pete and Joe, running around the soccer field, I felt the pretty girl with the seemingly familiar dark hair, and dark, expressive eyebrows scoot closer to me.

"Who's winning?" she asked sincerely, as I followed her gaze to Pete. Probably just another lust hungry girl, who's after the hero, not the sidekick.

I frowned, "I'm not sure." Her eyes flickered towards me. They were the most amazing shade of greenish-grey. The rim of black surrounding her eyes just made the steely color pop.
She was beautiful. And she looked oddly familar.

__________
Reyna:


Someone on the field whistled, and all of the boys who had been playing sauntered off in their own directions. Pete and a boy with curly hair and a lip ring were headed our way.
He hadn't recognized me yet, had he?

"Patrick! Buddy boy!" Pete called, "who's this chica you've got here?"
The boy named Patrick blushed.

"You should know me, Pete." I smirked. Both Patrick and the curly haired boy's gazes snapped in my direction. They both looked extremely surprised, and even more confused.

So did Pete. "Wait. What?" he asked.

"You don't remember me?" I fake pouted. "Well, here's a reminder."
Pete frowned as I took in a deep breath.
"Ihateyoupeterlewiskingstonwentzthethrid! I'm never playing hide and go seek with you ever again! You're a dirty cheater!"

Pete's eyes widened.
"Reyna?!"

I smiled.

"OHMYGOD!" Pete sprang forward and jumped on me. "I knew it was you! I knew it! I knew it! But the hide an' go seek thing kind of gave it away. Have you gotten over that yet?"
"What?" the curly haired boy asked.
"Pete locked me in the closet when I was 4." I laughed. "I'm Reyna, by the way." I smiled, glaring at Pete and holding out my hand.
"Oh yeah! Joe, Reyna. Reyna, Joe."
The curly haired boy smiled at me, as he shook my hand.


__________
Joe:


"Patrick, Reyna. Reyna, Patrick." Pete said, as Patrick gently shook Reyna's hand, and pulled his hat down lower over his eyes.
Ooooohhh. Patrick had a crushhhhh.
But who was this girl?
"Umm... I don't mean to be rude," I said interrupting Pete and Reyna's hug, "but... who are you?"


__________
Pete:

"Dude. This is only my favorite cousin ever. " Patrick's face immediately lit up. Hmmm. I wonder what that was about... Oh well.
"Hey, Rey.... Do Hillary and Cassonova know you're home?" I asked, biting my lip, and draping my arm around her shoulder.

"Well, duh." she smiled, "What, did you think this was all for you? I stopped by your house first. Andrew wasn't home, but Hill and I caught up a bit."

"Okay... Let's GOOOO!" I shouted as I stuck my finger into the air, superhero style of course.

"Umm... go.. where Pete?" Patrick asked.

"My house, durr."

"Ahem, our house." Reyna mumbled.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Uncle Dale let... me.. well, you know how you spent all Easter break redoing the guest room...?"

"Umm... yeah." I said.

"That's my room now." She smiled.
Sign up to rate and review this story