Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Bury Me In Memory

I Guess I'm My Own Better Half

by outxofxstyle 2 reviews

Romance, ensue! Ahaha, everyone seemingly has a love interest! (Author's note, if you ever see the name Becca, please read it as Reyna. I'm copying this from an old account of mine on a different s...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-07-02 - Updated: 2008-07-03 - 1339 words - Complete

0Unrated
Reyna:

"Okay, buddy. Calm yourself." I smiled, as we began walking the trail to our house.
To Our Home.
Damn. That felt good to say.
We were walking in a line, Patrick to my right, Pete on my left, and Joe on the other side of Pete.
"So..." I began.
Then Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" began playing... from Pete's pocket.

"Oops," Pete said, pulling the phone from his pocket, "Hey... Yeah Hill, I found her. Yeah, we're coming back... Can Patrick and Joe stay for dinner?" I glanced to my right, only to meet Patrick's concentrated gaze. And, for some reason, I blushed.

"Hey, Hill. I've got another call. Hold on." Pete said, detaching the phone from his ear, and pressing a button. "Emily! Hi, love."

I looked back at Patrick, "Who's Emily?" I mock whispered, eyeing Pete.
"Emily is Pete's girlfriend." He smiled. "They're cute together."
"Oh. Cool." I smiled back.

Pete finished his conversation, and then he hung up, just as we reached the house.
"So, is Em staying for dinner too?" Joe asked as we walked in the door.
"Could she?" Pete pouted at Hillary, who apparently ran the house while Uncle D was away.

"Ask your cousin. It is her first night back with the family you know." Hillary glared at Pete, placing her hands firmly on her hips, tossing her glossy dark hair over her shoulder.
"I know." Pete said as he manuvered around Patrick and Joe in the small, warm kitchen to give me a hug. "Pwease, Reyna?" He pouted, extremely close to my face.

"Sure. I want to meet her." I smiled.

No One:

DING DONG
"I'LL GET IT!" Pete shouted.
Four bodies bounded down the stairs from Pete's bedroom.
"Pete, Patrick, and Joe. IN here! NOW! Let Reyna get the door!" Hillary screamed from the kitchen.
"AWWW!" Pete, Patrick, and Joe sighed.
"Ha." Reyna stuck out her tounge at all three of the boys. "I win."
All of the boys sulked away to the dining room.
Reyna adjusted her shirt, and opened the door.
A blue eyed girl, with long blonde hair, stood on the other side.
"Hi. I'm Emily."she said sweetly, as she out strecthed her hand, with perfectly squared-off black nails.
"Hi," Reyna smiled, "I'm Reyna, Pete's cousin."

Reyna:

"So, I heard from Hill that you're staying here? That's so cool. You can tell me all of the embarrassing stories about Pete's childhood that he won't tell me!"
"Yeah! And I can FINALLY have a girl to talk to! It's been me and Joe and Pete... and Patrick all day!" I sighed in exasperation.

Emily then laughed while slipping off her dirt stained flip flops, in a shade of bright pink. The perfect match to her pink patent leather belt.
Her toes were painted a glossy black to match her nails, and her dark skinny jeans showed off her slim hips perfectly. I have to admit, the natural chunkiness of my mother's family had doomed me to be a curvy girl for all of my days.

"Well, we can talk about them during dinner. Let's not keep those impatient boys waiting." I smiled. I liked her.
As we walked into the dining room, with the table already set, Hillary was walking out the door to the patio with a full plate.
"I'll just head out here and give you kids some privacy." She said.
"Hey! You're younger than all of us!" Pete cried, pointing at everyone except Hillary herself.
"Joe. You know what to do if the lovebirds get too frisky." she whispered into Joe's ear.

Joe:


"Which ones?" I whispered back, but so only she could hear. She smiled and slid through the door, her long dark hair whipping lightly as she slid the door shut. I smiled to myself as I slid into my seat at the table.

Reyna:

"Peeeetttttteeeeee." Emily whined, as she pushed his muscular frame off of her neck. "I'm hungry. We can do that a little later." she winked.
"Yes ma'am." he smiled, sitting down.

Pete and Emily sat on one side of the table, Joe was sitting at the head of the table, and Patrick and I automatically fell into place on the side opposite from Emily and Pete.
Pete grabbed a hold of Emily's hand, and set their intertwined fingers on the table between them.
"Let's eat!" Pete shouted.

Patrick:


We all made conversation, but I made sure to not say anything that would make a fool of myself in front of her. She seemed perfect.

Joe kept looking at me and smiling, when suddenly, his phone rang.
"Sorry, everybody." he said, with his lisp, as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. "It's Ashley." he smiled.

Joe:


I flipped open my phone. "Hey, Ash. What's up?"
I heard a sniffle on the other line. "Joe?"
"Ash, what's wrong?" She definitely did not sound okay.
"Rob's being a jerk. Is there anyway you could come get me?" she said, her voice wavering.
"Yeah, Ash. I'll be right there. Where are you?"
"By the lake. He just broke up with me. He just ... left."
"Yeah. I'll borrow Pete's car, and then you can come back here for something to eat, okay?"
"Mhmm." she sniffed.
"Okay. I'll be there." I hung up.

"I need to go pick up Ash. Rob dumped her, that no good..."
"Here are the keys," Pete tossed the keys to me, "just don't hurt my baby."


Reyna:


Joe had just left to pick up Ashley.
"Who's Ashley?" I asked.
"Joe's crush since FOREVER." Emily said, smiling. "I hope she's okay."
"She'll be fine." Patrick said. "She's a strong girl. I think that's one of the reasons Joe likes her so much."
"I think you and Ashley will get along." Pete smirked. "You are both headstrong, and loud when you have too many energy drinks."
"Haha. That was ONCE and it was just a story you heard! You don't even know if it's true! And you're still holding it against me?"
"You were fourteen, it really happened, and I heard about it at my graduation. From Uncle Frank, so it's true. I know it."
"Grr. Whatever, Peter. I'm done with you." I said sarcastically. "Patrick's my new very best friend." I said, grabbing to Patrick's arm and laying my head on his shoulder.


Oh my god. Why did I do that. I felt Patrick's body tense up.
Why had I done that? I had scared him! Oh no! That was the total opposite of what I had wanted to do. Pete smiled at me, and glanced up at Patrick's face, and smiled wider.
Patrick had pulled the brim of his hat down over his eyes, put you could still see that his cheeks were tinged pink.

He was so cute when he blushed.

Whoa. Wait a minute.
Was I falling for a guy I had just met?


Joe:


As we drove home from the lake, Ashley wiped her nose and smiled.
"Thank you, Joe." She reached over and took my hand from my lap, and held it in hers. I could feel my cheeks deepen in color.
"You're welcome, Ash."
We pulled in the driveway, and got out of the car.
"Hey Ash!" Emily said, as we entered through the kitchen door.
"There's someone we want you to meet!"

"Ashley, this is Reyna, my cousin, and Patrick's new best friend, apparently." Pete smiled.

"Hi Reyna." Ashley waved, her eyes pink and puffy from sobbing.
"Hey Ashley." Reyna said, letting go of Patrick's arm to wave at Ashley.
Ashley smiled, "Hey, Joe, can I talk to you for a second...?"

"Uhh, yeah, sure, Ash. Come on." I said pulling her aside into the living room hallway. "What's up?"
"I missed you. Rob wasn't worth my time. I just realized that all the time that I wasted with him, I could have spent with you. I want you, Joe." she said, reaching up, and gently pressing her lips to mine. Passion consumed me, and I returned the kiss, smiling into it.
Sign up to rate and review this story