Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Bury Me In Memory

Long Live The Car Crash Heart

by outxofxstyle 2 reviews

We discover some of Reyna's past, and maybe a glimpse into Patrick's future?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-07-11 - Updated: 2008-07-26 - 1133 words - Complete

0Unrated
Joe:

I pulled back from the warm, tear stained kiss, and took in a deep breath.
"Ashley Roumer. I love you." I smiled, then pecked her salty cheek.
"I've loved you since I met you, Joseph Mark Trohman." she smiled, taking my hand, and leading me back into the dining room.

Emily:


Ashley and Joe had just sat down at the table, both of them smiling their heads off.
Hmm.
I looked over at Pete, who had a ridiculous grin plastered to his face. Ash took a bite of Joe's sandwich, then set it back on the plate, and shoved it away.
"I'm done," she smiled at Joe. "You wanna go for a walk?"
Joe immediately responded with a yes.
"What's up with you two?" I asked, as they both stood up.
Joe just put their intertwined fingers in the empty space between us. Ashley blushed, but smiled.
"UGH. Everyone has a girlfriend but me!" Patrick sighed.
Pete kissed my cheek.
"That really helps. Thanks for rubbing it in, Peter." Patrick spat, with a mock evil glare.


Reyna:


"Hey Pete." He looked up at me, as I stood. "Can I look at my room?" I said, while stepping towards my suitcases.
"Uh.. Sure. Emily and Patrick, you want to come along?"
"Sure." Patrick shrugged.
"Okay, but I have to go soon." Emily frowned.
Pete led all of us up the narrow set of stairs that started from the mudroom, and led to right outside my bedroom door.
"This," Pete said, gesturing to a white door, "is your castle." he smiled, and stepped out of the way.
I swung open the door, to reveal a room, where the walls were painted a springy green, and the full bed, was covered with a black down comforter with a green music note screen-printed across the middle.
"Oh. my. god." I dropped my bags the the middle of the hard wood floor. The room was perfect. Light enough for summer, yet dark enough for winter. It was airy, and the black and white striped curtains billowed in the summer breeze.
"It's perfect." I hugged Pete.

Pete smiled. "Yeah, yeah."
Emily giggled, as she pulled Pete out the door. "I think I'm going to go guys."
"Bye!" I smiled.
"See you later." Patrick mumbled as Emily and Pete descended the stairs. "They can't hear us," he smiled, "they're too busy 'saying good-bye.'"
Patrick kicked a knot in the hardwood with the toe of his scuffed converse as I sat down on a black shag rug.
"Is Pete still a dork?" I smiled, tucking my own chucks under my legs.
"Well, I'm his best friend, so I'm really not supposed to say..." Patrick smirked, "but... yeah."
"It's cool. I'm his cousin and I still call him a dork." I smiled, pulling over one of my suitcases. "Do you know where I can get a good, cheap guitar?"
Patrick's eyes got wide. "You play?"
"Yeah. And I sing in my spare time. I'm nothing great though. Just good enough." I sighed, looking at my lap. I unzipped the side pouch on my bigger suitcase, the one containing nothing but personal items, the other contained most of my clothes. I pulled a small ziploc bag out of my suitcase, it was filled with picks.
"What kind of guitar are you looking for?" Patrick asked, lowering himself down to the hardwood next to me.
"I was thinking acoustic. It'd be less equipment to buy, and it's just all around easier." I said placing the bag on his knee.

Patrick:

I was sitting indian style on the floor, my knee jutting out about an inch away from her thigh. She reached out, and placed her bag of picks on my knee.
"What's this?" I asked.
"A bag of picks, duh, silly." she smiled.
"Well, I knew that, but why do you have so many?" I said, reaching my hand into the bag, and pulling out a particularlly new looking red and black striped pick. At closer examination, I saw that it was an autographed Green Day pick, with Billie Joe Armstrong's signature.
"That's my favorite." She smiled, showing her beautiful teeth.
"I can see why." I laughed, dropping it back in the bag, and handing it back to her.
"So.. about buying a guitar..." she said.

"Who's buying a guitar?" Pete said, sliding in the doorway in his knee socks and boxers.
"I am." Reyna smiled, chucking her bag of picks at him.
Pete ducked just in time to fall on his butt.
"Pshh. Show off." Reyna laughed.
"Yeah, well, you're just jealous." Pete said sticking out his tounge and crawling over to rest his head on her shoulder. If he wasn't her cousin, I might feel a twinge of jealousy.
"Well, I think it's time for me to go." I said, standing up. Pete and Reyna stood up simultaneously.
"Bye Patrick boyyy." Pete said, giving me a hug.
"Bye Patrick." Reyna smiled, giving me a hug. "Don't forget, we are going guitar shopping ASAP."
"I WANNA COME!" Pete cried, stomping his socked foot on the ground.

Reyna:


"Okay. You can help me barter with the sales person. I'm too shy to do that." I said, blushing while looking at the floor.
"But guitars are really Patrick's thing." Pete said, gesturng to Patrick, "Basses and girls are more my things." He said, smiling.
"And that's my cue to leave." Patrick said, "I can let my self out." he laughed. He then slipped out of the door, and down the back stairs to the kitchen.

Pete and I looked around my room awkwardly.
"Sleepover?" Pete asked, latching onto my arm like a little girl.
"YEAH!" I screamed, pulling him out the door and down the stairs to the small kitchen. I reached for a cabinet, hoping they had not rearranged their kitchen in the past couple of years. I opened the cabinet, and thankfully, everything was the same. I pulled out a popcorn bowl, as Pete shoved a package of unpopped popcorn in the microwave.

"I swear to god we make each other fatter." I smiled.
"I'd like to call myself 'plesantly plump.'" Pete said looking down at his non-existant belly.
"Pete. You have NO stomach," I said, looking down at my tubby tummy, "Umm, yeah, I'm tubby. That's my momma's fault." I said, frowning.

Pete's face darkened once I mentioned my mother.
"Do you miss her?" He asked after hesitating for a moment, walking over and standing next to me at the counter.
"Like hell." I said, turning my gaze out the window.
My parents had died ten years ago.

In a car crash.

I had survived.
We were on the way to Pete's house for my eighth birthday.
Pete felt like it was his fault.
I felt it was mine.
Sign up to rate and review this story