Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Bury Me In Memory

We'll Make Them So Jealous, We'll Make Them Hate Us

by outxofxstyle 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-23 - Updated: 2008-07-24 - 1366 words - Complete

0Unrated
Reyna:

BEEP! The microwave buzzed at us in a violent manner.

"Sorry for the drama bomb." Pete smiled shyly as he pulled the steaming bag out of the microwave. "OW!" He screamed as the bag slipped out of his fingers, and in slow motion, the white bag hit the floor, and hundreds of tiny yellow and black poofs scattered over the worn linolium.
"DAMN! We burned the last pack!" He gasped as their old basset hound, Shakespeare, shuffled as quickly as he could into the kitchen.
"Hey Shakes-baby, that's too hot. You don't wanna eat that yet." I said, leaning over and scooping his stout body up off the floor. "That's why daddy-dumbass dropped it." I said, smiling at Pete.
"Shut up, Reyna." He said, petting Shakespeare, sticking his tongue out at me.
"I guess we'll have to fill that bowl with something else..." I said, turning my attention to the large metal bowl resting on the clean counter as Pete swept up the majority of the popcorn.
"It sure does look awful empty." Pete said, looking in the refridgerator, while shaking his head as he closed the door and opened the freezer.
"AHA! Ice Cream is the solution!" Pete shouted, startling Shakespeare.
"Awwh. Shakes-baby, it's okay. Have some popcorn." I said, setting him down lightly on the linolium.
"He's going to like you, again." Pete said, while putting a fair amount of ice cream into the large bowl, and then dousing it with many different syrups.
"Okay. Time to go chill in Reyna's room!" Pete said.

Pete set the bowl down on my bed, as he backed out my doorway, "Be right back! I'm grabbing my laptop." he said.
"Hurry uppp!"
About ten seconds later Pete returned with his sparkling silver laptop.
"I want to show you our web page." he said smirking as he quickly opened his Favorites and a webpage popped onto the screen.
"Fall Out Boy Rock dot com. That's not concieted at all." I said, digging into the ice cream.
"I thought we were being too modest." Pete said, stuffing his mouth full of ice cream.
"Modest is totally the term I would use for that." I rolled my eyes.


2 Days Later


"Peeeeete. It's too early." I said, as a hand swatted at my shoulder.
"It's not Pete." Patrick smiled as I opened my eyes wide.
"OHMYGOSH!" I said, pulling the sheets over my head, and covering my face.
"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." I peered over the edge of my comforter. He was blushing while itching the back of his head. He had steped back a few steps. I felt myself blush also as I shrunk farther down intp my mattress.
"We're going guitar shopping." He said, readjusting his glasses. "Pete's already downstairs."
"Yay!" I smiled, jumping out of bed, running into the bathroom across the hall.

After taking a quick shower and pulling my hair up into a wet, sloppy bun, I brushed my teeth and skipped across the hallway back into my room.
I changed into my clothes, a pair of skinny dark bermudas, and a black Operation Ivy tee.
I applied eyeliner while Patrick and Pete sat outside of my room in the hallway. I let down my hair and smiled at my reflection. I looked decent for once.
I stepped into the hallway. "Okay boys, I'm ready." They looked at me and stood.
"Let's go." Pete smiled as he headed down the stairs and out into the garage.


Once we arrived at the used guitar store, Patrick and I headed over to the acoustic section, while Pete headed directly towards the basses. He picked one and aburptly sat on the ground beginning to pluck.
Patrick picked a shiny, new looking maple guitar, holding it up, judging how much it should be worth, and if it was any good.
"I don't like it." I said, scrunching up my nose.
"Why not?" he asked, putting it down.
"It hasn't had enough love." I smiled, looking in his beautiful eyes, and turning to pick up another guitar. It looked a little roughed up on the front, with a scratch or two, But the back was beautiful. There was a small carving along the neck, saying "I've got time just to waste, if you would be my new escape, BELLA." It was worn deep into the wood. I sat and strummed a few chords. It sounded beautiful too.
"This one." I said, holding it out to him.
He inspected it carefully. "Bella," he asked, flipping it over carefully. "Her name is Bella?"
"Yes, it is now, even if it wasn't before." I said.
"She's good." He smiled at me, dropping Bella's neck into his right hand. I smiled, grabbing Patrick's free hand, pulling him towards the register.

"Thank you so much." the girl at the counter smiled, as I handed her $150 dollars, and she handed me Bella in a hard case.
"Thanks." I smiled, seeing Pete and Patrick talking in the aisle filled with dilapidated basses and amps.
"Come on boys." I smirked, stepping out into the summer sun, and waited on the porch for the boys. "Finally." I sighed, as they stepped out onto the porch beside me, both smiling like mad.
We silently loaded into the car, Pete stealing Bella and sitting in the back to check her out.
"Don't make any moves on my baby." I frowned.
"I'm not the one you should be worried about making moves." Pete smiled at me as I blushed.


Once at home, I immediately ventured up to my room and began playing and tweaking songs I had written while I was guitar-less.
I began playing "I Want To Know Your Plans" [Author's note: this is a song that exists, I am using it for my own purposes for the better of the story. I most likely will be taking some more copyrighted songs for later chapters.], as I heard a soft knock on my door. "Come in Patrick." I smiled, turning from the window.
The door creaked open, "Pete went to work... Can I hear you play?" he asked.
"Sure..." I blushed, turning back towards the window.
"This song is called 'I Want To Know Your Plans.'" I smiled, as I started strumming.


I continued singing and strumming until the song ended.
I then cautiously turned to face him. Feeling extremely vunerable.
"So..." I said, sitting next to him on the bed, leaning Bella against the wall.
"You. Are. Amazing." he breathed.
"No." I blushed. "Definitely not. I'm always out of tune. But I really like this guitar." I said.
"No, you have an amazing voice. And you're a great guitarist too. When did you write that?"
"A few nights ago." I said, looking at my hands clasped in my lap.
I felt him shift his weight, and I felt myself lean in his direction.

Patrick:

I reached over and set my hand on top of hers. She grasped it and looked into my eyes.
"My fingers always slip when I try to change chords." she said, looking down at her lap.
I leaned closer.
Her eyes flickered up, assessing the situation. They returned to their place as she breathed in to speak.
"And I'm really clumsy with the pick and..."
Then I did it.
I took my chance.
And I screwed up.

Big Time.

My aim was right... but...
she was talking.

She kind of ... bit my lip.

Reyna:


Oh. My. God. I just bit his lip!
OHMYGOD. HE JUST KISSED ME.

He tried to kiss me, and I bit him.

"I'm so sorry!" I pulled away and covered my own mouth with my hands.
"No, no. It's okay." he said, holding his finger to his lip.
"Did it break the skin?" I asked.
"Did it?" he asked, removing the finger and tilting up his head.
"No." I smiled, thankful I hadn't completely injured him.
"Well, since I don't have to be rushed to the emergency room..." he blushed, looking down at his lap, "I better be going ho-"
"You better be trying that again." I smiled, as he looked up at me, astonished.
"Yes, ma'am." he smiled, leaning in and pressing his lips close to mine.
Sign up to rate and review this story