Categories > Original > Drama > If You Fall We Will Catch You; The Jonas Family

Enter Meredith Jonas

by Jamette006 0 reviews

Meredith is the sister of Kevin, Joe, and Nick Jonas. When she gets into a relationship with 'badboy' Trace Cyrus, what will her brothers do?

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Warnings: [R] [?] - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 1524 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Meredith, get up!"Mrs. Jonas yelled. Meredith Jonas groaned as she looked over at the clock. 5 am. But..wasn't something special about today? Without warning, Frankie ran into her room, jumping onto the bed.

"Meredith! Mom says get ready! We're going today, remember?!"he exclaimed. Meredith sat up quickly, excited now.

"Okay, buddy. Now get out of here,"she pushed him off the bed and he ran out the door.

After taking a quick shower and all those other morning necessities for females, Meredith was ready to go. Unlike her brothers, she had packed last night. She was, after all, the organized one of the family. Meredith twisted her long black hair up into a clip as she walked out of her room. It had taken her two hours to straighten it, since she refused to get it cut short. No wonder her brothers thought she was crazy; but, hey, Kevin and Joe straightened their hair too; it just didn't take them as long. Joe took long enough to get ready as it was.

"Hey, Mom,"Meredith yawned as she got some Pop-tarts out of the pantry. Her mom sighed as she saw her attire for the day, so naturally, Meredith posed for her.

"I simply love this outfit, Mom. I mean, black is such my color,"she smirked, showing off skinny, chain-laden plaid pants with a black mini skirt over them, a studded belt, and a polka dot blouse with fish-net sleeves. Her black eyeliner enhanced her sharp green eyes.

"You know I hate it when you dress like that, Meredith,"Mrs. Jonas said, handing Frankie some Pop-tarts also. He sat down at the kitchen table.

"Well, it's a special day, Mom."

"Of c-"she was cut off as Kevin and Nick came tumbling down the stairs. Meredith rolled her eyes, sitting on the counter and pretending to have no interest in the actions of her brothers.

"Where's Joe?"Mr. Jonas asked as he came into the kitchen, ready to go.

"Where do you think?"Kevin retorted.

"He'd better get down here soon. We gotta go."

"He's still working on his hair,"Kevin shrugged. Meredith smiled. Out of all of her brothers, she was closest to Kevin. Her father looked over at her, blinking at her choice of clothing.

"Mer, go get him, please? Nick, Kevin, your mom wants you to move some stuff before we go."

"Dad-"she started to whine, but Mrs. Jonas stopped her.

"Do what your father says, Meredith. Frankie, eat up, we have to go soon!"

Meredith groaned as she walked up the stairs to get Joe, and pounded on his door.

"Joe, hurry up! Mom made me come get you!"

"A little bit longer!" Footsteps were heard inside, then the door, which she just happened to be leaning on, opened, and she fell. As usual. Joe smirked down at her.

"Take some walking lessons, Mer. I still don't know how they're gonna get you to dance on set." Meredith stuck her tongue out him as she jumped up.

"At least I don't skip aimlessly around the stage."

"Sure. And it's not aimlessly. I'm just giving everybody a good view of me. Going emo today?"he studied Meredith's outfit as they walked, well ran, down the stairs. She punched him in the arm. He frowned.

"Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed today. Or did Frankie wake you up?"

"Frankie,"she growled. Joe laughed.

And so Meredith found herself with her headphones full blast traveling down the interstate in the tour bus. She was almost drifting off when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She ripped the headphones off, looking up.

"Lunch time,"Kevin said. She sighed.

"So, Joe's pretty much the main character in this movie, huh?"said Nick when they were all eating.

"You guys are in it too,"Mr. Jonas frowned.

"I'm not,"Frankie pouted. But was ignored.

"Do you have to kiss Demi?"Meredith asked Joe curiously.

"No,"he said, defenses up. She couldn't imagine why.

"Didn't she use to play in Barney with that Selena chick? You used to love that show."

"Shush,"Joe sniffed, biting into his turkey sandwich. Meredith rolled her eyes.

"Enough with the attitude, Mer,"Mrs. Jonas warned.

"Oh, whatever,"Meredith huffed. "Nick, Joe, and Kevin get the main parts in this movie because all those stupid girls love them. I only get like, what, three lines?"She put her sandwich down. Her mom and dad gave each other the 'look', and her brothers shifted in their seats uncomfortably.

"I'm not hungry anymore,"she stood up, going into the back room and crashing on a bunk. A few moments later, Kevin came in, sitting at the bottom of the bed. She did her best to ignore him.

"What's wrong, Mer?"he finally asked. Meredith bit her lip, trying to figure out what actually was wrong.

"I don't feel good."

"Sure you're not just nervous?"

"I don't know." He sighed.

"Listen, you're making it tough on Mom and Dad, and they're worried about you. So please, just try to be nice?" She remained silent.

"Seriously, Mer, I don't know what's up, but you'd better figure it out. We're not going to go on a tour in this shape." And that got Meredith's attention. She sat up sharply.

"What?!"

"Family comes first."

"Oh, come on, Kevin, I'm not that bad! I'm not sleeping around and partying! Believe me, I could be much worse." Kevin ran a hand through his hair.

"And that's exactly what we're worried about. What's up, Meredith? You never would have dreamed of acting like this a year ago? Is it because of the band?"

"Kevin...it's called teenage years. You, Joe, and Nick, well, you guys just aren't normal and didn't go through it. I'm perfectly fine, I'd just like some space. So go ahead and eat up the spotlight with the rest of the family." Meredith laid back down, partially burying her head in a pillow.

"Are you seriously saying that you're jealous?"

"Yes, Kevin. I'm jealous. Happy now?!"

"Oh, come on, Mer. How could you be jealous?"

"Because you guys get all the attention, and I'm not good enough!" He flinched, biting his lip.

"Meredith, you're a part of the band too, and as popular as any of us. I mean, it doesn't even really matter that much to me. But you are a big 'celebrity', I guess you'd call it. And you're all over the mags with us, with a lot of articles to yourself."

"Oh, nice ego-boost, Kevin. When was the last time you saw posters saying 'marry me, Meredith' or have fans come to meet and greets to hug me? Hmm? And all the songs are from your guys' point of view, it's not like I can exactly sing anything because of that, so I'm stuck with the bass. And the spotlights are on you, Nick, and Joe, while I'm in the back with Garbo. Ever think maybe I've written my own song, or that I would practically die to be able to perform like Joe does? It's because I'm a girl, Kev, and it sucks majorly." He seemed taken aback by her speech, scratching the back of his neck.

"Ok, slow down and hold on a minute, Mer. Not to be boastful, and Joe told me not to tell you, but he's gotten into plenty of fights over the way guys were talking about you. And as for the songwriting, well, you never mentioned it, so how were we to know? And since when do you sing?" Meredith stayed silent for a moment. It was her turn to be taken aback.

"Danger got into fights over me?"

"Yeah, but don't tell him I told you,"Kevin winced.

"Wow,"she exhaled, "Now, what do you mean 'since when do I sing'?"

"Well, you never seemed to take much of an interest in it."

"Oh. Well, about that. I would love to sing...but I sorta have this stage fright thing."

"But you play bass out front all the time,"he raised an eyebrow.

"It's just with singing. I know, it's weird."

"Listen,"Kevin sighed,"why don't you tell this to Joe and Nick?"

"Because it's...well, I don't think they'd understand,"she shrugged.

"Well...if that's how you feel. How about coming back outside with the rest of us?"he smiled.

"Okay,"Meredith nodded, standing up.

"Good girl,"he said, putting a hand on her shoulder as they walked back out together. Meredith wrinkled her nose up at him, smiling.

"Well, somebody looks in a better mood,"Joe commented as Meredith sat down next to him and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Joe?"

"Yes?"

"You're the best."

"I know." She raised an eyebrow and poked his side.

"Hey, guys, we're almost there!"Nick announced.

"Somebody wake up Frankie,"Mr. Jonas requested. Kevin woke Bonus up, resulting in a piggy-back ride for Frankie, but Kevin didn't mind too much. Meredith looked out the window as they approached the set. This was going to be the best summer of her life, or so she thought. Let's go Camp Rock. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story